Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Congo (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$91.03
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective / Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls (Blu-ray)
$9.29
Ghost in the Shell: Arise: Borders 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$25.87
Raw Force (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Juan of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Iron Sky (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Manhunter (Blu-ray)
$7.99
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$19.98
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Subwoofers

Old 01-31-2013, 01:40 AM   #961
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
O H I O Steelbooks™: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom V. View Post
Oh okay----just ignore what I just said then..

Any particular reason why you'd like FF versus DF? Some just like to watch the driver moving at high excursions. Nothing wrong with that...just curious if there were any other reasons?

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Don't get me wrong, your down firing PSA subs rumble the flooring and furniture in the house. I've heard stories of front firing subs, from various manufacturers and DIY, thumping the chest and of course, driver movement at high excursions... (GUILTY!)
Display Samsung LN52A650 / Remote Logitech Harmony One
Audio Yamaha RX-A3010 / HTPC nMediaPC 2000 (3TB)
Media DirecTV HR-22 / Oppo BDP-103 / Oppo DV-983H
Front Mirage OMD-28 / Center Mirage OMD-C2 / Surround Mirage OMD-5
Subwoofer Power Sound Audio XV15 (BASH) / Power Monster SS 5100 MKII
Cable AudioQuest Carbon Chocolate Cinnamon Forest Vodka / Emotiva X-Series
Old 01-31-2013, 02:11 AM   #962

Sep 2011
New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walke108 View Post
After watching a few times, I have officially turned in my man card and am now a Belieber! My wife rips on me daily...
As well she should too. That statement makes me want to

- Jim
Old 01-31-2013, 02:20 AM   #963

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicmonger View Post
Don't get me wrong, your down firing PSA subs rumble the flooring and furniture in the house. I've heard stories of front firing subs, from various manufacturers and DIY, thumping the chest and of course, driver movement at high excursions... (GUILTY!)
From a performance perspective there really isn't much difference. For example, remove the base on your XV15 and flip it on its side....and it will sound essentially the same. There won't be any more/less floor rumbling or chest pounding..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Old 01-31-2013, 02:29 AM   #964

Sep 2011
New Joisey

Quote:
Hey Jim, your input is always valued. I don't know of anyone else with the "hands on" you have with this topic. I know the "best for $299" threads are popular but we really have no/little interest in competing at that price point. You mainly have two groups of product there. 1) the stuff made for $100 or less(manufacturing cost)...2) huge companies simply selling off outdated stock at a loss. Neither represents an attractive market to us..

Jim Farina's been spending a bit of time on several designs we could bring to the market in the $499 range. The harsh reality is this product line would need to be manufactured overseas though. We have plenty of experience/contacts to proceed in that direction...and we may do so at some point. However in the near term(next 3-9 months) the majority of our development focus will be elsewhere as we put the finishing touches on a few things.
I definitely agree that PSA shouldn't venture into the $299 fart box market, but I do really believe you have solid potential in the $499 space. The PB1000, and to a lesser extent the SB1000, have fired out of the gate and seem to be doing quite well. That tells me there's demand and sales to be had, yet there aren't too many quality players at that price point. You and Jim are already known for your value position, so my gut tells me you two could develop something very special in that range.

I do know you're both stretched with your current development projects, and you must be getting leery of working 8 days each week, but I would encourage you to give it some serious thought. The lead time on a product manufactured overseas is quite substantial -- something I'm sure you know far better then I -- so it would be a long time regardless, but I get the sense your offering would be very well received.
- Jim
Old 02-01-2013, 04:42 PM   #965

Mar 2012

Watched The Man With The Iron Fist last night. While the movie isn't amazing there is a pretty good amount of bass in it your PSAs will love. Quite a few sweeps. Some of it felt unnecessary but it was fun while it was there!!
Old 02-02-2013, 12:21 AM   #966

Dec 2012
Outside Chicago

Finally should have some time this weekend to spend some time with my subs. Wife want to watch Rock of Ages tonight, so tomorrow will be my night to let them loose (I hope).
Old 02-02-2013, 01:42 AM   #967
Blu-ray Duke

Apr 2012
Colorado, Where I started out with nothing...and I still have most of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarki View Post
Finally should have some time this weekend to spend some time with my subs. Wife want to watch Rock of Ages tonight, so tomorrow will be my night to let them loose (I hope).
I been having some quality time with mine.
I'm enjoying my XS30, trying some Movies (Blu's / DVD"S) and Musics, sound is fantastic.
NO problems or complaints.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:14 AM   #968

Dec 2012
Outside Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZYKAT View Post
I'm enjoying my XS30, trying some Movies (Blu's / DVD"S) and Musics, sound is fantastic.
I'm very happy with mine. The only complaint I have is....I don't have enough time to use them.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:35 AM   #969

Jan 2013

Mine XV15 arrived yesterday. Posted some pics for size reference, but they went to the mods for approval

Any who, this thing is huge and sounds great. Will run it through setup this weekend...
Old 02-02-2013, 03:47 AM   #970
Blu-ray Duke

Apr 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Big Watch View Post
Mine XV15 arrived yesterday. Posted some pics for size reference, but they went to the mods for approval

Any who, this thing is huge and sounds great. Will run it through setup this weekend...
Congrats.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:50 AM   #971

Dec 2012
Outside Chicago

Quote:

Congrats. You're gonna love it.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:00 AM   #972

Mar 2012

Quote:

Congrats
Old 02-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #973

Jan 2012
N. Burbs, Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarki View Post
Congrats. You're gonna love it.
What he said.
Sharp 745 70" TV
Sony BDP-S790
Denon 3312 AVR, Emotiva XDA-2
Emotiva XPR-2,Emotiva XPA-3
Focal 726V,700CC,714V
Power Sound Audio XV-15
Harmony One
Monster HDP2500,Emotiva CMX6
Old 02-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #974

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZYKAT View Post
That's really excellent to hear Crazykat. I know we went through a lot of emails trying to ensure you would be satisfied with whatever upgrade you pursued..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Old 02-02-2013, 05:06 PM   #975
Blu-ray Duke

Apr 2012

Quote:
That's really excellent to hear Crazykat. I know we went through a lot of emails trying to ensure you would be satisfied with whatever upgrade you pursued..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
And my Thanks to You and Jim for providing me with such an excellent Unit.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:43 PM   #976

Mar 2012
Troy, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJman View Post
I definitely agree that PSA shouldn't venture into the $299 fart box market, but I do really believe you have solid potential in the $499 space. The PB1000, and to a lesser extent the SB1000, have fired out of the gate and seem to be doing quite well. That tells me there's demand and sales to be had, yet there aren't too many quality players at that price point. You and Jim are already known for your value position, so my gut tells me you two could develop something very special in that range.

I do know you're both stretched with your current development projects, and you must be getting leery of working 8 days each week, but I would encourage you to give it some serious thought. The lead time on a product manufactured overseas is quite substantial -- something I'm sure you know far better then I -- so it would be a long time regardless, but I get the sense your offering would be very well received.
Hey guys, I'm a XS15 owner and love it. I'll get back to that later, but on this topic, my thoughts are not pricing of a new model sub, but I'm looking at it from the footprint. A lot of people don't have much room and there are great subs in small packages. Would that not be a good market to compete in?
Old 02-07-2013, 01:38 AM   #977

Jan 2013

Ok guys, so I have calibrated my system. I watch occasional movies, but mostly have my system dedicated to music. Put some Bassotronics on it to see how we'll this thing can flex and all I can say is

This thing is insane...
Old 02-07-2013, 01:46 AM   #978
Blu-ray Duke

Apr 2012

Quote:
Ok guys, so I have calibrated my system. I watch occasional movies, but mostly have my system dedicated to music. Put some Bassotronics on it to see how we'll this thing can flex and all I can say is

This thing is insane...

Old 02-07-2013, 03:14 AM   #979
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
O H I O Steelbooks™: 16

Quote:

This thing is insane...
+1
Display Samsung LN52A650 / Remote Logitech Harmony One
Audio Yamaha RX-A3010 / HTPC nMediaPC 2000 (3TB)
Media DirecTV HR-22 / Oppo BDP-103 / Oppo DV-983H
Front Mirage OMD-28 / Center Mirage OMD-C2 / Surround Mirage OMD-5
Subwoofer Power Sound Audio XV15 (BASH) / Power Monster SS 5100 MKII
Cable AudioQuest Carbon Chocolate Cinnamon Forest Vodka / Emotiva X-Series
Old 02-08-2013, 12:25 AM   #980

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblev View Post
Hey guys, I'm a XS15 owner and love it. I'll get back to that later, but on this topic, my thoughts are not pricing of a new model sub, but I'm looking at it from the footprint. A lot of people don't have much room and there are great subs in small packages. Would that not be a good market to compete in?
That's likely an area we would look into if we pursue the $500(ish) MSRP market. Jim and I toss ideas back and forth...eventually something sticks.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Subwoofers