Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Attack on Titan Part 2 Limited Edition (Blu-ray)
$51.79
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Wrong Turn Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.97
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.98
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$172.59
Nekromantik (Blu-ray)
$20.19
How to Train Your Dragon (Blu-ray)
$12.96
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Friday the 13th: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$75.49
Willow (Blu-ray)
$11.12
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 12-31-2012, 03:33 PM   #61

Sep 2009
Oklahoma

@Tenchi7 my understanding is we should only be adding titles to the UV database when the titles are UV not when they are just digital copies. UV titles will have the UV logo and be added to your uvvu.com locker.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:29 PM   #62
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi7 View Post
Well both titles have a DVD entry so there must be something wrong with the entrys that there isnt a parent.
Requiring a parent entry is a new requirement, at least for UV entries, for the site. Previously, you were able to add new entries without a parent but that changed a week or two ago.

Last edited by rdodolak; 12-31-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:47 PM   #63

Nov 2012
Wilmington,NC aka Hollywood East

Ultraviolet movies are not just the ones found on blu ray sets, they also can come from Flixster and Vudu as the 3 services can all be collected together. Both of the titles I mentioned I have in my UV collection. The problem I have with the 2 films mentioned is that they were added to the DVD database, but for some reason when they were added a parent entry failed to be made. If they came out on blu-ray tomorrow you wouldnt be able to do it by going to the dvd clicking edit movie, and then goto the parent because it doesnt exist.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:10 PM   #64
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Ultraviolet movies are not just the ones found on blu ray sets, they also can come from Flixster and Vudu as the 3 services can all be collected together. Both of the titles I mentioned I have in my UV collection. The problem I have with the 2 films mentioned is that they were added to the DVD database, but for some reason when they were added a parent entry failed to be made. If they came out on blu-ray tomorrow you wouldnt be able to do it by going to the dvd clicking edit movie, and then goto the parent because it doesnt exist.
Have you submitted a new theatrical (a.k.a parent) profile? If not, submit a new profile for each of those new movies by using this link:

http://www.blu-ray.com/products/?c=20&action=addproduct

Once the parent profiles have been accepted, then click on the Create UV link to add the UV titles.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:21 PM   #65

Nov 2012

Thank You, Ill try that. I saved the link so if I ever get off my lazy ass to add all of my anime DVDs.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:34 PM   #66

Nov 2012

Now I need to find the person who can fix the Statistics feature and I'll be happy.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:44 PM   #67

Sep 2009
Oklahoma

Quote:
Even though movies can be purchased from Vudu doesn't mean they are all UV. Movies like Pete's Dragon is a Disney title and Disney has yet to offer their titles in UV. There are other companies that have yet to offer their titles in UV.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:57 AM   #68

Jan 2009
Pennsylvania

Yeah see here we go. The whole problem here is what movies are UV and what are not? I mean are the only movies supposed to be added to the database the ones that come with an actual code from the purchasing of blurays and DVDs or are they any movie you can buy via Vudu or Flixster, etc etc? I bought Bad Boys 2 off Vudu today and that isnt even on bluray yet (thats why I bought it and it doesnt look all that in HDX anyway ). So does Bad Boys 2 belong in the UV database since it is in my UV locker with a UV logo on the bottom left? We need to establish a standard and as of now, to my reading and understanding, nobody quite knows or understands.

Last edited by NY Yankees 23 2; 01-01-2013 at 05:37 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:36 AM   #69
Special Member

Oct 2010
New England, USA

If it's happening by vote, then I'd say if it's a UV enabled title, it should be added to the database. not just codes packed in with combo packs- any titles that shows up online (on whatever portal) as having a UV logo.
As people have pointed out, this does not include every movie that is on VUDU or CN or wherever- it just includes those are have the UV logo.
That's my vote anyway.
Now running in 3D with the LG Cinema 3D (nominally showing 3D in 1080i per eye) 47LW6500 (up-or-down-or-side-graded from a 50" Sammy 3D Plasma) and a Benq W1080ST and a 130" screen.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:15 AM   #70

Nov 2012

Well my vote for the UV would be any digital cloud based movies you have whether UV, Flixster, VUDU, Amazon, Cinema now, or iTunes. This list is i feel for your digital movies regardless of format.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:56 PM   #71

Jul 2012
Lost in Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by seregloth View Post
If it's happening by vote, then I'd say if it's a UV enabled title, it should be added to the database. not just codes packed in with combo packs- any titles that shows up online (on whatever portal) as having a UV logo.
As people have pointed out, this does not include every movie that is on VUDU or CN or wherever- it just includes those are have the UV logo.
That's my vote anyway.
I agree. Since UV has gone live, I've bought many titles directly from CinemaNow, etc, that aren't sold in stores bundled with discs. I want to track them though. This would be ideal to include anything that's in the system.

Personally, I'd like a separate one created for iTunes titles, too.

<< Finally, with UV collection ever appear under the user avatar?
Old 01-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #72
Community Gaming Moderator

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuryDuty View Post
Personally, I'd like a separate one created for iTunes titles, too.

<< Finally, with UV collection ever appear under the user avatar?

What iceman said at the first page of the thread...
Though it would be great if we can start entering iTunes movies into the database as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman View Post
Probably at some point, but right now we don't want to add any more stats using the current layout, since it takes up too much vertical space, check MaCruz for example
Old 01-11-2013, 01:49 AM   #73
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
Media Section
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey_myers138 View Post
Also, the duplicates are getting out of control. There are 3 listings for the first Spider-Man movie. Is there someone we can contact to remove these listings? I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, but I've put some work into the database and want to look nice.
As well as Valentine's Day, Producers (2005), Never Been Kissed, Lethal Weapon (Director's Cut), Big Trouble in Little China, Final Destination 5, What to Expect When You're Expecting, Spiderman 2, Spiderman 3...
Old 01-16-2013, 02:21 AM   #74

Mar 2012
-
-

So will the UV site list continue to get expanded as new UV sites rollout?

Like M-Go is a new VOD service that launched its public beta a couple weeks ago which just added UV support. And Nook Video will probably have a website once they finish implementing UV on their tablets. And Redbox Instant Video will support UV by around the summer time.

Going to be a lot of sites pretty soon.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #75

Oct 2012

Where are there Disney movies in the UV section?

http://www.blu-ray.com/uv/movies.php?studioid=2

oops, looks like someone beat me to pointing this out.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #76
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjeong1381 View Post
Here is a list of all the duplicates I could still find.

Arthur Christmas
Battleship
Independence Day
Valentine's Day

Here is a list of movies that were added to the database that aren't acutally UV and should be removed.

Aristocats, The
Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (Unrated) (there are 2 and both should be removed)
Pete's Dragon
Taken (Extended Cut)
You would probably get a quicker response by posting here:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....144138&page=59
Old 01-19-2013, 12:29 AM   #77

Dec 2012
Default trades

anyone willing to trade looper and or taken 2 for ted itunes and uv or titanic itunes i can only use uv code pm me
Old 01-19-2013, 03:24 AM   #78
Special Member

Jan 2011
Bay Area, CA, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayray420 View Post
anyone willing to trade looper and or taken 2 for ted itunes and uv or titanic itunes i can only use uv code pm me
wrong thread.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #79

Sep 2009
Oklahoma
Default Toys in the Attic

Is there any indication that "Toys in the Attic" will be UV?

http://www.blu-ray.com/uv/Toys-in-th...ltraViolet/26/

It has been added to the database but, I can not find any proof that it will be available in UV.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #80

Feb 2009

I'm confused.

Life of Pi has a UV logo for it on CinemaNow but not on Vudu.

And Red Dawn has a UV logo for it on Vudu but not on CinemaNow.

What's the dealio?

Last edited by RDLee; 02-19-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet