Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Gremlins (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Robots / Horton Hears a Who / Rio (Blu-ray)
$16.98
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Turbo (Blu-ray)
$15.79
Forks Over Knives (Blu-ray)
$13.71
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Birds (Blu-ray)
$13.99
Robin Hood (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Turbo (Blu-ray)
$13.00
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Old 01-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #41

Sep 2011

Good News .... Vishwaroopam from tomorrow .... ban lifted .... Enjoy friends, i saw the film
Be Original Buy Original :::: Don't Support Piracy
Old 01-29-2013, 04:38 PM   #42

Oct 2012
Bangalore, India

wow wow... vishwaroopam back online!!!!... Kamal SIr Rocks
Old 01-29-2013, 07:00 PM   #43

Mar 2012

Now talk on the Blu ray can start
Onkyo TX-NR809 Receiver.
KEF Q Series Speakers
Sony S480 Bluray Player
Panasonic Viera 60VT60

Stereo
Triangle Color Speaker Series
Wadia 151 mini PowerDAC.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:35 AM   #44

Jun 2011

Govt. Has now appealed to the court . that verdict will be out after 10 30 am.ist
Old 01-30-2013, 03:19 AM   #45

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by intacto View Post
Govt. Has now appealed to the court . that verdict will be out after 10 30 am.ist
the release might not happen today as theatre owners want to see the order which shall be taken to the nearest police station to get the approval
Old 01-30-2013, 09:10 AM   #46

Dec 2009

yesterday's verdict by single judge is nullified and ban stays..
Old 02-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #47

Oct 2012
India, Delhi

Saw Vishwaroop ( Hindi Version ) today.

Enjoyed every second of the movie. Kamal Sir was at his best. The only scene I think could be considered as objectionable was the Quran's recitation while the betrayal was being hanged, which was also shown in the movies Auro 3D trailer.

Rest the movie seems to have no issues, nothing related to Coimbatore and Tamil Nadu issues is shown in the movie as per rumours.
The only drawback the film has is its climax, there were some unanswered questions.

May be it would be shown in the 2nd part, hope the TN government pulls the ban off the movie to give way for the 2nd part.
But, after a long time I watched a movie with so much interest and without fiddling with my cell
Would be giving it a second watch next week, as seeing Kollywoods BD release speed, release of this biggie on Bluray could take no wonder quite long...
Old 02-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #48

Jun 2011

@amit what was the run time of the hindi version? 2.29hrs is the actual runtime but i hear that they have trimmed the tamil/telugu versions to 2hrs in some theatres in Bangalore.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:48 AM   #49

Oct 2012
India, Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by intacto View Post
@amit what was the run time of the hindi version? 2.29hrs is the actual runtime but i hear that they have trimmed the tamil/telugu versions to 2hrs in some theatres in Bangalore.
In north India, the uncut version was released with a runtime of 149 minutes.
This time only the Hindi version has been released in Delhi, not along with the Tamil one like with Raavan & Robot.

Last edited by amit5500; 02-02-2013 at 03:21 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:58 AM   #50

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit5500 View Post
In north India, the uncut version was released with a runtime of 149 minutes.
This time only the Hindi version has been released in Delhi, not along with the Tamil one like with Raavan & Robot.
Even kadal is released with eng subtitles in PVR.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:46 AM   #51

Oct 2012
India, Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by technofreak View Post
Even kadal is released with eng subtitles in PVR.
Yes it has,

Maybe the theatres want to play safe, so avoided the release of Vishwaroop's Tamil Version in north India.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #52
Expert Member

Mar 2008

'Vishwaroop' - Two Thumbs Up
First things first, the movie has absolutely NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING, that any sane person from any community could find offensive. Asides from the Taliban and terrorists of course. Ironically, if anything, the only people who could take offense, to a couple of dialogs in the movie, that is if they really wanted to, would be some right wing Hindu group. Now, back to the movie. Kamal Haasan shines in all his capacities, as a producer, director and as an actor. The movie sets new standards for production values in Indian cinema. The action and stunts are miles ahead of anything that has been seen in an Indian movie, most certainly not in anything from bollywood. The stunts and action sequences are very convincing and except for maybe the climax, the same applies to the script too. For the most part, the movie is a taut thriller, that keeps you engrossed and guessing. Unfortunately, in the first half the movie does suffer a little from the bane of Indian movies, i.e. excessive length. The movie would benefit immensely from a tighter edit. A shortened running time by around 15 minutes, mostly from the first half, would take care of the moments when the movie seems to drag a bit. Mercifully, other than one song towards the beginning of the movie, we are spared any dancing around trees, or any 'item' songs.
Highly Recommended.

PS: The violence in a couple of scenes is quite gruesome and definitely not suitable for children. If there is anything that I would think controversial about the movie, is that it is not rated 'A', i.e. for 'Adults only'.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #53
Expert Member

Dec 2011
SOUTH INDIA

Releasing with 7 cuts.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:22 PM   #54

Jun 2011

I am in talks with API to see if we can release onto blu-ray/DVD the first original cut (that is playing in cinema halls outside India).
Old 02-02-2013, 04:53 PM   #55

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahran Sunny Audit View Post
I am in talks with API to see if we can release onto blu-ray/DVD the first original cut (that is playing in cinema halls outside India).

Also, outside TN it's uncut version.
please convince them to release the original cut rather than re-edit one.

Last edited by technofreak; 02-05-2013 at 04:19 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:50 PM   #56
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
India

Saw this one today. I'll put one thumb up.

The Good: Does not attempt to follow an established "mix ingredients for instant superhit" formula, has a fair amount of entertaining techno-jargon plot line kinda sorta like
[Show spoiler]True Lies
, first 30 min, where Kamalahaasan gives us a lovely Kathak dance and a bone-crunching action sequence, are absolutely gripping. Less narcissistic than some other recent Kamalahaasan projects. Some very hilarious WTF moments and ONLY ONE SONG!

The Bad: The backstory is a huge drag. Lots of running time devoted to telling us what most people that read newspapers or watch television already know about Al Qaeda, especially considering it doesn't really attempt to give any depth or different point of view. Schizophrenic experience between the campy masala thriller set in London and the "serious" emotional backstory set in Afghanistan. Also, while I didn't have a problem with this, from the commercial point of view, having large segments where audiences have to read subtitles to understand what characters are saying is not a great idea, especially in India where many people that go to the movies cannot read.

Unlike the turd that was Gangs of Wasseypur 1, this one was interesting enough that I will definitely go and see part 2.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #57

Oct 2012
India, Delhi

Vishwaroopam would finally be released in Tamil Nadu on 7th Feb

http://movies.ndtv.com/regional/frid...t-in-us-326049

Last edited by amit5500; 02-04-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #58
Banned

Jun 2012

2 thumbs down.

very boring, no favourite actor of mine is in this, no songs. even action is boring. India - stop trying to copy hollywood.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #59
Banned

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas1015 View Post
All that means is that it's a movie that doesn't fall into the comedy and romance genres . Based on the trailer, it looks like 'Act of Valor' with the independent film style of 'The Hurt Locker'.

Act Of Valor - Official Trailer 3 [HD] - YouTube

why u compare everything to hollywood? i dont like vishwaroopam but why always compare?!!
i saw hurt locker and it was very boring. no action only .
Old 02-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #60
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas1015 View Post
Based on the trailer, it looks like 'Act of Valor' with the independent film style of 'The Hurt Locker'.
The actual film has nothing to do with the plots of those films.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India