Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Gershwins' Porgy & Bess (Blu-ray)
$29.89
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
The Addams Family (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Majestic Prince: Collection 2 (Blu-ray)
$36.99
Black Butler: Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 02-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #21561

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2992 View Post
Personally I think you are being rather cheeky asking for something you know you are not entitled to. Just because Disney UK was nice enough to offer it to someone else as a one off doesn't mean you can take advantage of that. 'That's Disney UK for you' Well no, you knew the rules that US titles are not elegible in the UK and therefore they are sticking to their rules. Ask about it sure but you shouldn't come here complaining that you didn't get your way :/
While i wouldn't put it as strongly as that, i kinda agree in that I bought Brave from the US, knowing the drm points don't count. I haven't asked for them because, well, I knew the score. So yeah the 'Thats Disney UK for you' is a bit unfair....

but fair play for asking, if you don't ask, you don't get!
Old 02-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #21562
Expert Member

Jan 2010
London, England

Quote:
Personally I think you are being rather cheeky asking for something you know you are not entitled to. Just because Disney UK was nice enough to offer it to someone else as a one off doesn't mean you can take advantage of that. 'That's Disney UK for you' Well no, you knew the rules that US titles are not elegible in the UK and therefore they are sticking to their rules. Ask about it sure but you shouldn't come here complaining that you didn't get your way :/
Don't know why you're being so rude for. Several people have e-mailed DMR to say they purchased US titles AND received points for it. I've read through every page of this thread and this is the first I am hearing that they have said no to granting someone points for US Disney purchases on the UK website,
Old 02-05-2013, 12:01 PM   #21563

Feb 2013

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows anywhere where I could buy the Sleeping Beauty and Pinochhio Blu ray slip covers for the Platinum editions.

I have both but both are without the slips and I have the slips for all the others Blus

Also, does anyone know if Rescuers Down Under is getting released in the UK on its own?
Old 02-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #21564
Expert Member

Sep 2012
Hereford, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MokaBear View Post
Don't know why you're being so rude for. Several people have e-mailed DMR to say they purchased US titles AND received points for it. I've read through every page of this thread and this is the first I am hearing that they have said no to granting someone points for US Disney purchases on the UK website,
Ok maybe I was a bit blunt but still. If I bought a US title I would not expect DMR points for it. My main issue is that the person has come and post several posts complaining about the fact Disney did not give them the points and in a manner which suggests they are entitled to it which is not the case. The others who did get the points were just lucky it would seem.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #21565
Expert Member

Apr 2011
UK

Cinema tickets bought for Friday at 10am at the Empire Cinema in Poole, very happy bunny now. Wreck-it Ralph here I come.......
Old 02-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #21566

Oct 2011
Nottingham, England.

Quote:
My issue is they have done so for others. They either do or do not, not just on the whim or luck of the draw as to who can be bothered to respond.
As for my comments on Disney UK, well it stands and it is true. Disney UK consistently show inconsistency and generally stiff the UK on nearly everything. It's 200 points. Is it going to bankrupt them ? No. My example was to show that the level of service at other parts of the same enitity, Disney, are much better.

I am not complaining, so sorry you choose to take it like that, simply sharing my experience with others, as others have done so previously. If I wanted to complain, I'd complain to Disney, but as I clearly said, I accept what they have said.

Disney UK once more failed to surpass any kind of expectation I have of them, much like any part of their dealings outside of the USA. My current expectation is that they will continue to actually release titles and these will work when put in a player. Last year with Tarzan it's debateable if they managed to even do that.

Anyhow...... and back on track, glad Tinkerbell is getting a UK release as it didnt warrant the extra price importing it, though I have not seen mention of 3d/non 3d versions which could mean no slip, which would be a pity given some of the packaging variants seen on previous releases from play and HMV.
Preordered: * Gravity 3D/2D * Saving Mr Banks * Frozen US Release *
Old 02-05-2013, 03:17 PM   #21567
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCellUK View Post
By comparison, I had a limited edition bit of memorabilia from an event in Orlando that I bought from an ebay seller, got it to find the certificate was missing, emailed guest relations at Walt Disney World asking if I could buy the missing part, and saying openly I had bought it from an ebay seller, and they mailed the certificate UPS to me the same week for free !
On a similar note I bought a Disney Villain figure for my sister for Christmas (which arrived on Christmas Eve) unfortunately it didn't contain the complimentary item (a gift bag) but as it was Christmas I didn't contact them straight away, my memory been what it is I forgot all about until my sister mentioned it yesterday. So I emailed them through their Disney Store website.

Today I got a very nice email apologizing and a shipment notice for the missing item. So I'm extremely impressed with their handling of the matter considering the time-difference between my order date and me asking for the item. Fantastic customer service.
"Sometimes it scares me how far away my brain is." DC
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
''I have no idea what Hammer Time is. Or how it differs from regular time.'' DM
Old 02-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #21568

Jun 2011

maybe of some interest to some of you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Disney Studios UK's Facebook page
Quiz Sarah Silverman (the voice of Venellope Von Schweetz) and director Rich Moore about Wreck-It Ralph - tomorrow at a very special 'Meet The Filmmakers' event. 6.30pm at the Apple Store Regent Street, London. FREE entry. More info here http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/regentstreet/
Feeling Blu?
Old 02-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #21569

Oct 2011
Nottingham, England.

Interesting it's at an Apple store as opposed to, say, a Disney store ?
Preordered: * Gravity 3D/2D * Saving Mr Banks * Frozen US Release *
Old 02-05-2013, 11:43 PM   #21570

Sep 2012
Weston-S-Mare, Somerset

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCellUK View Post
Interesting it's at an Apple store as opposed to, say, a Disney store ?
Apple Regent St Store and I believe one in New York always do meet and greets with various filmmakers, comedians, artists, musicians etc. I think it being a Disney film is just, one of those things :P
Old 02-06-2013, 01:01 AM   #21571
Expert Member

Apr 2011
UK

Is it worth me going all the way to the apple store to see them, it wouldn't take that long by train as I live just outside London, just not sure about going on my own. Im also a huge Star Trek fan and she was in one of my favourite Voyager episodes, hmmm I can't decide. Might see what the hubby says as I'm supposed to be packing as we are off to Bournemouth tomorrow
Old 02-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #21572

Mar 2011
Newcastle, UK
United Kingdom

Hi, was just wondering what your personal opinions are on what US blu (that is not set for release yet in UK) is the best to pick up with regards to quality and extras? imported tom and jerry collection, great price, quick delivery - think disney uk might of lost another customer!

do all the disney USA cases come slightly slimmer like regular USA ones? thanks
UK Slip Covers 4 Sale - PM ME
The Lion King Trilogy Box (Original Box/V1), UP (DP)
Toy Story 3 (DP) Bolt (DP) Lion King (3D)
Tangled (3D) Avengers (3D) Puss In Boots (3D)
Rio (3D) Tron (DP) Cars
PM ME IF INTERESTED
Old 02-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #21573
Expert Member

Apr 2011
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikethekitty View Post
Hi, was just wondering what your personal opinions are on what US blu (that is not set for release yet in UK) is the best to pick up with regards to quality and extras? imported tom and jerry collection, great price, quick delivery - think disney uk might of lost another customer!

Depends how many discs the set contains for example Pixars Incredibles had more discs so was the bigger UK style case
Old 02-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #21574

Aug 2012

Chicken Little just arrived in the post. Hope to watch it this weekend!
Old 02-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #21575

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
Thanks for this, put in a Missing Code request and it was accepted so got my missing points!
Yes lkewise, thanks for the heads up as I am now able to order another!
Old 02-07-2013, 01:07 AM   #21576
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007
Staffordshite, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
Have you guys seen this thread?

We may as well give up in the UK if Disney US sells sleeve art and slip covers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowat2012 View Post
Wow! That would be a dream if Disney UK did this. Shame it's never going to happen since they clearly don't care at all!
just wondering (and I know its probably a long shot anyways) but has anyone ever tried contacting Disney US (details from the thread mentioned above) about shipping slips (and/or ameray's) to the UK?

Obviously the postage would be much more expensive, but if possible it may work out cheaper than importing.....

Either way I'm going to contact them as I've ended up with the UK Peter Pan as due to HMV/Play's recent issues I can no longer trade for the US version as originally planned and as its not one of my favourite Disney movies I'm reluctant to sell it and re-buy the US version for just the slip (I already have the DVD as well so I'd literally just be doing a switch for the slip and not the slip + DVD as usual)

Then again, I'd prefer the additional extras, but I'm sure they'd end up on youtube so its not a dealbreak either....hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orsie View Post
Tinker Bell & The Secret Of The Wings is now available for pre-order on Amazon. It is set for release on May 4.
shame its released so much later than the US.
I watched it before xmas and although its not an xmas movie, it certainly had a christmassy feel what with all the snow/ice in the Winter Wood's.

Tis a lovely movie IMO. On par with the first tinkerbell, only with improved CGI animation
(Pre-)ordered/Shipped: Butterfly Effect SB / Clerks SB / Guardians of the Galaxy SB / Lucy SB / Sin City 2 SB / Tarzan SB / The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug 3D Extended Statue
For Sale/Trade: The Little Mermaid US 2D/DVD w/3D slip / Snowpiercer Kimichi Full Slip Steelbook (spares/sealed) PM me with offers if interested
Wanted: Taiwan (or next best English audio) Noah 3D Steelbook
Old 02-07-2013, 08:06 AM   #21577

Aug 2009
Chester, UK

Would anyone be interested in trading DMR points?

I have 100 points for G-force DVD & 150 points for Lion king triple play BLU RAY.

Let me know if anyone has any they want trade.

Thanks
Sony KDL 46HX853 | Sony BDPS370 | Sony STR DN1000 | Tannoy ARENA 5.1 | PS3 slim 120gb | Sky+ HD | PSN:NeonNinja
Old 02-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #21578
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007
Staffordshite, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamirer View Post
While i wouldn't put it as strongly as that, i kinda agree in that I bought Brave from the US, knowing the drm points don't count. I haven't asked for them because, well, I knew the score. So yeah the 'Thats Disney UK for you' is a bit unfair....

but fair play for asking, if you don't ask, you don't get!
I dunno. So long as you've paid for the blu-ray I think you should be entitled to the DMR points, regardless of which country you purchased it from as Disney still get a bit of profit from you (obviously only with brand new ones, not a second hand ebay one as we cant expect Disney to dish out points twice for both people that own the same copy when only one gave money to Disney)

But to refuse giving points if they are absent from a redeemed movie IS fair enough IMO.
So long as you've paid money to Disney then you should fairly be allowed points, after all, your adding to their profit and the points are a nice incentive.

I dont find it cheeky to ask Disney for US points if you've paid outright.
They were kind and fair enough to grant me 900 points for a batch of movies I got last yeah . Got points for Pocahontas, Rescuers (double packs), Aristocats, and Meet the Robinson's / Chicken Little / Bolt all in 3D (I think)...there were a few more I'd sent pictures of the titles /codes and argued the 'superior/unavailable US releases vs UK releases.
They did say the US releases werent eligible (obv) but as a 'good will gesture' they will grant me them but I think it was probably because of the amount of blu's I'd bought, clearly a big fan spending big money lol.

Plus you can bet I'm going to be cheeky and ask them again when I get the new wave of US releases this year. There's already 6 on my list (Peter Pan, Monsters in 3D, Wreck it Ralph, Mulan/Brother Bear/Hunchback double packs)

I'd highly recommend any/everyone do the same. The worst they can do is give us the points or if we're lucky enough, they may even take note we're unhappy with the lesser releases they've been dishing out over here.
I think Lady and the Tramp and Tarzan were the last (and only 2 from last year) UK Disney I purchases (recent xmas gifts aside that it). All my other's were US trades/imports (If I recall right there were 15 US purchases last year, or 13 new ones if you dont count POTC 1 and Sleeping beauty steel's I finally managed to obtain via trade)

anyways, rant over

Quote:
Originally Posted by MokaBear View Post
I dunno, I reckon I'm gonna get turned down when I ask again...but that wont stop me bugging them with each US import

Quote:
Ok maybe I was a bit blunt but still. If I bought a US title I would not expect DMR points for it. My main issue is that the person has come and post several posts complaining about the fact Disney did not give them the points and in a manner which suggests they are entitled to it which is not the case. The others who did get the points were just lucky it would seem.
I'm not trying to start an argument here, but why shouldnt they be entitled to DMR points if they have purchased a new Disney blu-ray? (just curious, as you can see above I'm believe they SHOULD be entitled to the DMR points.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikethekitty View Post

The 3D supersets all tend to but the same size as the standard UK cases but a tad more rounded on the spine (not that you see it as they all come with slip's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Brad View Post
Would anyone be interested in trading DMR points?

I have 100 points for G-force DVD & 150 points for Lion king triple play BLU RAY.

Let me know if anyone has any they want trade.

Thanks
dont think you'll get it fro so few points. Plus, isnt it vaulted now (or about to be around easter? )

Talking of points, has anyone enquired about DMR points for Disney Blu's from other countries than US (I've got 3 of the German Pixar steel's with points and I'm thinking of being cheeky and seeing if I can swing a few more points for them....it would be super cheek of me though as I've got just over 2000 points and have had since before last summer despite redeeming 2 titles back in November am just a greedy bugger now )
(Pre-)ordered/Shipped: Butterfly Effect SB / Clerks SB / Guardians of the Galaxy SB / Lucy SB / Sin City 2 SB / Tarzan SB / The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug 3D Extended Statue
For Sale/Trade: The Little Mermaid US 2D/DVD w/3D slip / Snowpiercer Kimichi Full Slip Steelbook (spares/sealed) PM me with offers if interested
Old 02-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #21579

Jun 2012

The only problem with getting a slipcover from the US for your UK version of Peter Pan is that the US covers are thinner, and so the slipcover wouldn't fit in a UK case. Unless you buy one of the thinner cases for it.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:59 AM   #21580
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007
Staffordshite, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowat2012 View Post
The only problem with getting a slipcover from the US for your UK version of Peter Pan is that the US covers are thinner, and so the slipcover wouldn't fit in a UK case. Unless you buy one of the thinner cases for it.
then you have a problem of the amerays cover being too bit for the slimmer amery. the spine would bleed over onto the front and back cover and you'd have to trim the edges near the opening of the case so it's all out of whack
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland