Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Exodus: Gods and Kings 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Penguins of Madagascar 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Birdman (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Penguins of Madagascar (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Penguins of Madagascar 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Gone Girl (Blu-ray)
$13.00
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$54.99
The Bible: The Epic Miniseries (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Iron Man 3 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb (Blu-ray)
$12.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 11:43 PM   #21541
ComicBookDan ComicBookDan is offline
Member
 
ComicBookDan's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Weston-S-Mare, Somerset
91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCellUK View Post
Interesting it's at an Apple store as opposed to, say, a Disney store ?
Apple Regent St Store and I believe one in New York always do meet and greets with various filmmakers, comedians, artists, musicians etc. I think it being a Disney film is just, one of those things :P
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:01 AM   #21542
zebredy zebredy is offline
Expert Member
 
zebredy's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
UK
5
244
1
Default

Is it worth me going all the way to the apple store to see them, it wouldn't take that long by train as I live just outside London, just not sure about going on my own. Im also a huge Star Trek fan and she was in one of my favourite Voyager episodes, hmmm I can't decide. Might see what the hubby says as I'm supposed to be packing as we are off to Bournemouth tomorrow
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #21543
tikethekitty tikethekitty is offline
Active Member
 
Mar 2011
Newcastle, UK
4
United Kingdom

Hi, was just wondering what your personal opinions are on what US blu (that is not set for release yet in UK) is the best to pick up with regards to quality and extras? imported tom and jerry collection, great price, quick delivery - think disney uk might of lost another customer!

do all the disney USA cases come slightly slimmer like regular USA ones? thanks
4 SALE (all including delivery)
Cars bluray 3
Monsters University 3D Slip 3
The Lion King 3D Slip (Original Sleeve) 3
Bolt bluray Slip (Original Sleeve) 3
The Lion King Trilogy box only (Original Packaging) 3
PM me if your interested
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #21544
zebredy zebredy is offline
Expert Member
 
zebredy's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
UK
5
244
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikethekitty View Post
Hi, was just wondering what your personal opinions are on what US blu (that is not set for release yet in UK) is the best to pick up with regards to quality and extras? imported tom and jerry collection, great price, quick delivery - think disney uk might of lost another customer!

do all the disney USA cases come slightly slimmer like regular USA ones? thanks
Depends how many discs the set contains for example Pixars Incredibles had more discs so was the bigger UK style case
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #21545
Orsie Orsie is offline
Senior Member
 
Orsie's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
128
41
Default

Chicken Little just arrived in the post. Hope to watch it this weekend!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #21546
Paul Webster Paul Webster is offline
Member
 
Dec 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
Thanks for this, put in a Missing Code request and it was accepted so got my missing points!
Yes lkewise, thanks for the heads up as I am now able to order another!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:07 AM   #21547
yeslek yeslek is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
yeslek's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Staffordshite, UK
234
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
Have you guys seen this thread?

We may as well give up in the UK if Disney US sells sleeve art and slip covers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowat2012 View Post
Wow! That would be a dream if Disney UK did this. Shame it's never going to happen since they clearly don't care at all!
just wondering (and I know its probably a long shot anyways) but has anyone ever tried contacting Disney US (details from the thread mentioned above) about shipping slips (and/or ameray's) to the UK?

Obviously the postage would be much more expensive, but if possible it may work out cheaper than importing.....

Either way I'm going to contact them as I've ended up with the UK Peter Pan as due to HMV/Play's recent issues I can no longer trade for the US version as originally planned and as its not one of my favourite Disney movies I'm reluctant to sell it and re-buy the US version for just the slip (I already have the DVD as well so I'd literally just be doing a switch for the slip and not the slip + DVD as usual)

Then again, I'd prefer the additional extras, but I'm sure they'd end up on youtube so its not a dealbreak either....hmmm


Quote:
Originally Posted by Orsie View Post
Tinker Bell & The Secret Of The Wings is now available for pre-order on Amazon. It is set for release on May 4.
shame its released so much later than the US.
I watched it before xmas and although its not an xmas movie, it certainly had a christmassy feel what with all the snow/ice in the Winter Wood's.

Tis a lovely movie IMO. On par with the first tinkerbell, only with improved CGI animation
(Pre-)ordered/Shipped: Begin Again Lenticular Nova SB / Into The Woods SB / John Wick Nova One Click SB Triple Set / Oz the Great and Powerful SB / Ratatouille SB / The Avengers Zavvi SB
For Sale/Trade:
Wanted: Taiwan Noah 3D Steelbook / Nova Guardians of the Galaxy Full or Lenti slip
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:06 AM   #21548
Blu Brad Blu Brad is offline
Active Member
 
Blu Brad's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
Chester, UK
57
338
1
Default

Would anyone be interested in trading DMR points?

I have 100 points for G-force DVD & 150 points for Lion king triple play BLU RAY.

Let me know if anyone has any they want trade.

Thanks
Sony KDL 46HX853 | Sony BDPS370 | Sony STR DN1000 | Tannoy ARENA 5.1 | PS3 slim 120gb | Sky+ HD | PSN:NeonNinja
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #21549
yeslek yeslek is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
yeslek's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Staffordshite, UK
234
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamirer View Post
While i wouldn't put it as strongly as that, i kinda agree in that I bought Brave from the US, knowing the drm points don't count. I haven't asked for them because, well, I knew the score. So yeah the 'Thats Disney UK for you' is a bit unfair....

but fair play for asking, if you don't ask, you don't get!
I dunno. So long as you've paid for the blu-ray I think you should be entitled to the DMR points, regardless of which country you purchased it from as Disney still get a bit of profit from you (obviously only with brand new ones, not a second hand ebay one as we cant expect Disney to dish out points twice for both people that own the same copy when only one gave money to Disney)

But to refuse giving points if they are absent from a redeemed movie IS fair enough IMO.
So long as you've paid money to Disney then you should fairly be allowed points, after all, your adding to their profit and the points are a nice incentive.

I dont find it cheeky to ask Disney for US points if you've paid outright.
They were kind and fair enough to grant me 900 points for a batch of movies I got last yeah . Got points for Pocahontas, Rescuers (double packs), Aristocats, and Meet the Robinson's / Chicken Little / Bolt all in 3D (I think)...there were a few more I'd sent pictures of the titles /codes and argued the 'superior/unavailable US releases vs UK releases.
They did say the US releases werent eligible (obv) but as a 'good will gesture' they will grant me them but I think it was probably because of the amount of blu's I'd bought, clearly a big fan spending big money lol.

Plus you can bet I'm going to be cheeky and ask them again when I get the new wave of US releases this year. There's already 6 on my list (Peter Pan, Monsters in 3D, Wreck it Ralph, Mulan/Brother Bear/Hunchback double packs)

I'd highly recommend any/everyone do the same. The worst they can do is give us the points or if we're lucky enough, they may even take note we're unhappy with the lesser releases they've been dishing out over here.
I think Lady and the Tramp and Tarzan were the last (and only 2 from last year) UK Disney I purchases (recent xmas gifts aside that it). All my other's were US trades/imports (If I recall right there were 15 US purchases last year, or 13 new ones if you dont count POTC 1 and Sleeping beauty steel's I finally managed to obtain via trade)

anyways, rant over

Quote:
Originally Posted by MokaBear View Post
Don't know why you're being so rude for. Several people have e-mailed DMR to say they purchased US titles AND received points for it. I've read through every page of this thread and this is the first I am hearing that they have said no to granting someone points for US Disney purchases on the UK website,
I dunno, I reckon I'm gonna get turned down when I ask again...but that wont stop me bugging them with each US import

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2992 View Post
Ok maybe I was a bit blunt but still. If I bought a US title I would not expect DMR points for it. My main issue is that the person has come and post several posts complaining about the fact Disney did not give them the points and in a manner which suggests they are entitled to it which is not the case. The others who did get the points were just lucky it would seem.
I'm not trying to start an argument here, but why shouldnt they be entitled to DMR points if they have purchased a new Disney blu-ray? (just curious, as you can see above I'm believe they SHOULD be entitled to the DMR points.)


Quote:
Originally Posted by tikethekitty View Post
Hi, was just wondering what your personal opinions are on what US blu (that is not set for release yet in UK) is the best to pick up with regards to quality and extras? imported tom and jerry collection, great price, quick delivery - think disney uk might of lost another customer!

do all the disney USA cases come slightly slimmer like regular USA ones? thanks
The 3D supersets all tend to but the same size as the standard UK cases but a tad more rounded on the spine (not that you see it as they all come with slip's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Brad View Post
Would anyone be interested in trading DMR points?

I have 100 points for G-force DVD & 150 points for Lion king triple play BLU RAY.

Let me know if anyone has any they want trade.

Thanks
dont think you'll get it fro so few points. Plus, isnt it vaulted now (or about to be around easter? )



Talking of points, has anyone enquired about DMR points for Disney Blu's from other countries than US (I've got 3 of the German Pixar steel's with points and I'm thinking of being cheeky and seeing if I can swing a few more points for them....it would be super cheek of me though as I've got just over 2000 points and have had since before last summer despite redeeming 2 titles back in November am just a greedy bugger now )
(Pre-)ordered/Shipped: Begin Again Lenticular Nova SB / Into The Woods SB / John Wick Nova One Click SB Triple Set / Oz the Great and Powerful SB / Ratatouille SB / The Avengers Zavvi SB
For Sale/Trade:
Wanted: Taiwan Noah 3D Steelbook / Nova Guardians of the Galaxy Full or Lenti slip
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #21550
Mowat2012 Mowat2012 is offline
Active Member
 
Jun 2012
Default

The only problem with getting a slipcover from the US for your UK version of Peter Pan is that the US covers are thinner, and so the slipcover wouldn't fit in a UK case. Unless you buy one of the thinner cases for it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:59 AM   #21551
yeslek yeslek is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
yeslek's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Staffordshite, UK
234
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowat2012 View Post
The only problem with getting a slipcover from the US for your UK version of Peter Pan is that the US covers are thinner, and so the slipcover wouldn't fit in a UK case. Unless you buy one of the thinner cases for it.
then you have a problem of the amerays cover being too bit for the slimmer amery. the spine would bleed over onto the front and back cover and you'd have to trim the edges near the opening of the case so it's all out of whack
(Pre-)ordered/Shipped: Begin Again Lenticular Nova SB / Into The Woods SB / John Wick Nova One Click SB Triple Set / Oz the Great and Powerful SB / Ratatouille SB / The Avengers Zavvi SB
For Sale/Trade:
Wanted: Taiwan Noah 3D Steelbook / Nova Guardians of the Galaxy Full or Lenti slip
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #21552
Blu Brad Blu Brad is offline
Active Member
 
Blu Brad's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
Chester, UK
57
338
1
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeslek View Post


dont think you'll get it fro so few points. Plus, isnt it vaulted now (or about to be around easter? )



Talking of points, has anyone enquired about DMR points for Disney Blu's from other countries than US (I've got 3 of the German Pixar steel's with points and I'm thinking of being cheeky and seeing if I can swing a few more points for them....it would be super cheek of me though as I've got just over 2000 points and have had since before last summer despite redeeming 2 titles back in November am just a greedy bugger now )
Sorry just want to make my post clear I don't want to trade lion king for points I have points FROM the lion king blu ray and g force to trade for same value points that anyone else might have spare,
Sony KDL 46HX853 | Sony BDPS370 | Sony STR DN1000 | Tannoy ARENA 5.1 | PS3 slim 120gb | Sky+ HD | PSN:NeonNinja
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:13 AM   #21553
adamirer adamirer is offline
Active Member
 
Oct 2012
94
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeslek View Post
I dunno. So long as you've paid for the blu-ray I think you should be entitled to the DMR points, regardless of which country you purchased it from as Disney still get a bit of profit from you
See, I can't agree. I mean I totally agree with asking and chancing your arm, but the suggestion you're entitled to it is... a nonsense. (sorry).

Leavig aside they ARE two different companies, with different balance sheets etc, it's akin to going into Tescos and seeing two boxes of Kelloggs Cornflakes on the shelf. One is €3. The other is €4, has a less attractive box but features a promotion you like with a wee toy. Like those reflectors that used to go on BMX bike spokes. They were cool.

Well you go and buy the €3 box instead because its cheaper/prettier. You get home and **shock** no bmx bike reflector!!!!!!! But you knew this would be the case.

Yet, you ring kelloggs anyway, chancing your arm, saying 'Look Mr. Kelloggs, you still got a profit and they are the same cornflakes, so I'd like you to post me my bmx reflector. A green one. As it would match my bike."

And Kelloggs say...


At the end of the day, it's a Disney UK promotion on Disney UK titles. It's really nice they reward customers. Its also really nice they have allowed some dedicated followers like you redeem what are ineligible points. All good stuff. But the idea 'we' are entitled to it, as its all the same? No. Can't agree.

On another note, sayone see those 6ft high Wreak It Ralph outdoor cutouts tagtied to railings? Terrible of Disney to encourage illegal littering like that on the streets. All good citizens should remove them and bring home to their estatic kids... (civic duty!)

Last edited by adamirer; 02-07-2013 at 10:17 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:20 AM   #21554
rewak rewak is offline
Senior Member
 
rewak's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Default

What you can say is that Disney UK should pull their heads out and realise huge gaps in release dates coupled with missing content might have passed none the wiser in the very early days of DVD, nowadays though people won't take it and will go elsewhere. I don't think it's so much people wanting their rewards points, it's people wanting equal release dates and content like the other major studios offer the majority of the time. That shouldn't be an unreasonable request.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #21555
Indiana Jones Indiana Jones is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Aug 2009
Bristol, England
25
Default

I think we all learnt exactly how Disney UK feel about us when they said 'if you want Avengers BD with audio commentary then you can always import it'
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #21556
Buddy Ackerman Buddy Ackerman is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Buddy Ackerman's Avatar
 
May 2011
UK
599
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamirer View Post
At the end of the day, it's a Disney UK promotion on Disney UK titles. It's really nice they reward customers. Its also really nice they have allowed some dedicated followers like you redeem what are ineligible points. All good stuff. But the idea 'we' are entitled to it, as its all the same? No. Can't agree.
Completely agree. Good on everyone who does get any extras from them but the DMR scheme is a fantastic one and all of us who use it have ended up doing well out of it (I've gotten seven blu-rays out of it, including two 3D ones, and I'm not as serious a collector as a lot of people on here).

The fact that we are 'entitled' to anything is a silly notion - to be honest, I think we're very lucky that we get points for the blu-rays we get from them for free. Why do we deserve them? We don't, but it's great that we do and DMR should be credited for that. Same with the US blu-rays. If they've let a few through then good for the people who got lucky but the idea that they should let us get the redeemed points? Ridiculous.

It's a rewards system and a very generous one at that. I think some people are too focused on what they feel they should get and not on what they do get.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #21557
IscariotJ IscariotJ is offline
Active Member
 
Aug 2007
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Jones View Post
I think we all learnt exactly how Disney UK feel about us when they said 'if you want Avengers BD with audio commentary then you can always import it'
+1

I haven't bought a Disney UK title since, and nor will I until they come to their senses....
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #21558
yeslek yeslek is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
yeslek's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Staffordshite, UK
234
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamirer View Post
See, I can't agree. I mean I totally agree with asking and chancing your arm, but the suggestion you're entitled to it is... a nonsense. (sorry).

Leavig aside they ARE two different companies, with different balance sheets etc, it's akin to going into Tescos and seeing two boxes of Kelloggs Cornflakes on the shelf. One is 3. The other is 4, has a less attractive box but features a promotion you like with a wee toy. Like those reflectors that used to go on BMX bike spokes. They were cool.

Well you go and buy the 3 box instead because its cheaper/prettier. You get home and **shock** no bmx bike reflector!!!!!!! But you knew this would be the case.

Yet, you ring kelloggs anyway, chancing your arm, saying 'Look Mr. Kelloggs, you still got a profit and they are the same cornflakes, so I'd like you to post me my bmx reflector. A green one. As it would match my bike."

And Kelloggs say...


At the end of the day, it's a Disney UK promotion on Disney UK titles. It's really nice they reward customers. Its also really nice they have allowed some dedicated followers like you redeem what are ineligible points. All good stuff. But the idea 'we' are entitled to it, as its all the same? No. Can't agree.

On another note, sayone see those 6ft high Wreak It Ralph outdoor cutouts tagtied to railings? Terrible of Disney to encourage illegal littering like that on the streets. All good citizens should remove them and bring home to their estatic kids... (civic duty!)
First off, Disney UK and Disney US are not differant companies. They are differant divisions of the SAME company.
So in your example, it would be more like seeing Kelloggs Cornflakes on the shelf, with a free gift, an you buying Kelloggs Rice Krispies instead, and still expecting the free gift - thats NOT an accurate comparison and both divisions of Disneys have a reward scheme (As do Disney Germany and most likely some other countries.
Therefore, if we purchase an eligible title, from an eligible country, we should be allowed our 'free gift'/points as in the case of Disney, both cereal brand 'divisions' are eligible.

Had it been a case of the US NOT having a reward scheme, then fair enough, but they do. So my argument still stands.
You woulndt expect to go to one branch of boots and be able to get reward points for a purchase, then say you forgot your card, kept your receipt and went to another branch to get the points put on your card - imagine that store telling you to piss off cos you didnt buy the initial item from that branch.
Its the same company, running the same offer so its only fair they be interchangeable.

And dont get me started on the 'superior quality' US releases vs 'barebones' UK ones - Disney have even said to people that if us UK'er's are not happy, go and import the US versions....but the DMR points arent transferable as well?
IMO the least they can do to make up for lackluster releases is to allow the points to be transferred from country to country (so long as both countries have a reward scheme, otherwise fair enough, you lose your points if you import from places that dont have reward schemes - this would fit you BMX Bike gift analogy better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Ackerman View Post
Completely agree. Good on everyone who does get any extras from them but the DMR scheme is a fantastic one and all of us who use it have ended up doing well out of it (I've gotten seven blu-rays out of it, including two 3D ones, and I'm not as serious a collector as a lot of people on here).

The fact that we are 'entitled' to anything is a silly notion - to be honest, I think we're very lucky that we get points for the blu-rays we get from them for free. Why do we deserve them? We don't, but it's great that we do and DMR should be credited for that. Same with the US blu-rays. If they've let a few through then good for the people who got lucky but the idea that they should let us get the redeemed points? Ridiculous.

It's a rewards system and a very generous one at that. I think some people are too focused on what they feel they should get and not on what they do get.
I'd personally forgo the UK rewards for better releases....but the fact is, the US get BOTH and its not fair for a company to treat one place as more worthy of all the bell's and whistles than another and to expect the rest of the places to just do with what their given.

I'm not saying we're entitled to the points, just that the whole way Disney divvy things up is beyond unfair and the least they could do is allow those of us who do import, to get the same bell's and whistles as if we had purchased locally or lived in Disney's 'preferred' country
(Pre-)ordered/Shipped: Begin Again Lenticular Nova SB / Into The Woods SB / John Wick Nova One Click SB Triple Set / Oz the Great and Powerful SB / Ratatouille SB / The Avengers Zavvi SB
For Sale/Trade:
Wanted: Taiwan Noah 3D Steelbook / Nova Guardians of the Galaxy Full or Lenti slip
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #21559
KingSimba KingSimba is offline
Contributor
 
KingSimba's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
United Kingdom
371
9
Default

Some new UK Blu-ray dates

Aladdin - 15th/April

Brother Bear - 15th/April

These are now listed on Amazon but currently no pre-order or artwork.
Setup
Panasonic TX-P42ST30B | Onkyo TX-SR508 | Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 (Fronts) / 10.CM / 10.0 (Rears)
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #21560
yeslek yeslek is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
yeslek's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Staffordshite, UK
234
20
Default

Awesome news on Aladdin.....but not looking good for a decent release aka Diamond

then again, we've not had a spring Diamond announced yet have we so fingers crossed.

Do you have the links as I cant find them - only Brother Bear USA Double pack is listed
(Pre-)ordered/Shipped: Begin Again Lenticular Nova SB / Into The Woods SB / John Wick Nova One Click SB Triple Set / Oz the Great and Powerful SB / Ratatouille SB / The Avengers Zavvi SB
For Sale/Trade:
Wanted: Taiwan Noah 3D Steelbook / Nova Guardians of the Galaxy Full or Lenti slip
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Upcoming Disney Releases in 2010 France marvinski 1 02-19-2010 02:09 PM
Upcoming Blu-releases Blu-ray Movies - North America tommyboy81 44 03-08-2008 01:55 AM
Upcoming releases Blu-ray Movies - North America BIGLAD 1 11-01-2007 11:17 AM
Upcoming releases Blu-ray Movies - North America BIGLAD 3 09-10-2007 01:27 PM
What upcoming BD releases have 7.1 audio? Blu-ray Movies - North America badchannels 3 08-31-2007 05:27 PM

Tags
animation, classics, disney, pixar, walt disney

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:10 AM.