Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$91.03
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Kingpin (Blu-ray)
$14.39
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Welcome to the Space Show (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Congo (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Raw Force (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$32.18
Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist (Blu-ray)
$20.60
Juan of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$8.69
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 02-06-2013, 07:16 AM   #1281
Suspended

Oct 2012
Sandy, Oregon USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaridley View Post
Did you see the original film back in 1959?
Wish I had thought of that question during my debate on Cinderella's BD presentation.... As in, "Did you see Cinderella when it was in theaters the first time?" Kudos to you, man.

EDIT: I bought mine today. I bought the standard BD/DVD combo. Although the special gold slipcover looked very nice in pictures, in my hand it didn't look so great, and I couldn't see any use for the storybook app. So, standard it was to be.

The only flaw I noticed was the audio cutting out for a slight second during the line, "The chief's a great spoofer!" (hopefully there will be a replacement program for that), but otherwise, the BD is excellent!

Last edited by The Edge; 02-06-2013 at 07:26 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #1282

Dec 2010
Riverside, CA

I went to my local Target and couldn't find any digibooks...what the hell?! Anyway, I was in a rush and hopefully I'll have better luck tomorrow. I'll try the Super Target next time
Old 02-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #1283

Dec 2010
Riverside, CA
Question

I just looked it up on the target website and it's listed for $22.99 online ONLY...so it's not in stores yet? I thought some of you picked it up from the stores today.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:47 AM   #1284
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
Athens, Greece

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edge View Post
Wish I had thought of that question during my debate on Cinderella's BD presentation.... As in, "Did you see Cinderella when it was in theaters the first time?" Kudos to you, man.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #1285
Suspended

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman76 View Post
I just looked it up on the target website and it's listed for $22.99 online ONLY...so it's not in stores yet? I thought some of you picked it up from the stores today.
I did, for $22.99 (not counting gift card, and coupon good through Friday). Might want to look near the front, though.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:29 AM   #1286
Power Member

Apr 2012
Netherlands

Yay, my copy shipped!
Disney Wishlist '14: Emperor's New Groove ● Frozen ● HerculesJungle Book ● Lilo and Stitch
Mary Poppins ● Robin Hood ● Tarzan ● Treasure Planet ● Wreck-it Ralph
--
Ghibli Wishlist '14: My Neighbor Totoro ● Kiki's Delivery Service ● Whisper of the Heart
Old 02-06-2013, 11:22 AM   #1287
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2012

Is it weird or stupid that I am actually considering buying the digital copy version SOLELY for the slip cover,lol?
My mancave:

Displays - Sony Bravia 3D 55HX800, Epson 3D 3020 (124")
Players - Sony BDP-S570, Sony BDP-S590
Game system - Sony PS3 320GB
Computer - Mac 27" i5 1 terabyte hdd (1 terabyte back up hdd)
Portable Devices - iPad (4th gen A6 64GB), MacBook Pro (17" i5 500GB), iPod Touch (5th gen A5 32GB)
Old 02-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #1288
Expert Member

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taygan315 View Post
Is it weird or stupid that I am actually considering buying the digital copy version SOLELY for the slip cover,lol?
Lol you're not the only one. It's the classiest of the two, although it was the classiest at one point until they decided to add Tinkerbell there - and the bolded "Storybook" app.

When I did think of buying it, I kept battling with myself: Do I want to see the characters on the front cover or the classy cover?
All PlayStation Users, please read, share and sign (VOTE UP) this issue (Click).
Old 02-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #1289
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2012
DFW

Quote:
I was thinking of doing the same thing except I'd rather just pick up the 2 disc at walmart for $6.96 if I can get the 2 coupons to stack at the self checkout lane. Plus you get a free little figurine thing
Old 02-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #1290
Suspended

Oct 2012
Sandy, Oregon USA

Quote:
Not really... I was considering that for a while... whatever looks good in your eyes.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #1291
Power Member

Apr 2012
Netherlands

Quote:
I was seriously considering it, but the Storybook logo on the slipcover ruined it for me. Plus it's a bit more expensive (or isn't it?) and I would have no use for the digital copy.

Also, I really like the design for the blue slipcover with the characters on it.
Disney Wishlist '14: Emperor's New Groove ● Frozen ● HerculesJungle Book ● Lilo and Stitch
Mary Poppins ● Robin Hood ● Tarzan ● Treasure Planet ● Wreck-it Ralph
--
Ghibli Wishlist '14: My Neighbor Totoro ● Kiki's Delivery Service ● Whisper of the Heart
Old 02-06-2013, 12:13 PM   #1292

Jun 2011

Has anyone who bought this with a digital copy been able to get it onto their Itunes account? I've tried it twice & get an error. Itunes tells me the Itunes store can't be accessed at this time but if I open it up by itself, it opens just fine??????
Old 02-06-2013, 12:24 PM   #1293
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
Athens, Greece

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmylad View Post
Has anyone who bought this with a digital copy been able to get it onto their Itunes account? I've tried it twice & get an error. Itunes tells me the Itunes store can't be accessed at this time but if I open it up by itself, it opens just fine??????
Did you check if the film has registered on your purchased history? If yes, you can get it from there.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #1294
Expert Member

Oct 2009
New York City

[Mode nerdy whining on]
I want a Tinkerbell-less slipcover for the 3-Disc edition, the way it was when they first announced it!
[Mode nerdy whining off]

I must say that, while I'm still annoyed by that, I'm actually counting my blessings Disney really went for that, because when I first saw it I was sure they would never give us such a classy, sober cover artwork.

So I'm happy I was proved wrong about that; not completely wrong, mind you (they had to go and tinker with it – pun intended), but almost.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #1295
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
"Waiting for animation to catch up" was just borrowing/rephrasing a quick ready-made publicity statement Walt made in a promotional magazine article (the "Why I Made Peter Pan" featurette they brought over from the DVD), and Walt was clearly glossing over ten years of abandoned storyboards and wartime blues for the public's sake.
Walt was good at spinning stories to fit his image...
He was b.s.ing to sell his movie. Wouldn't be the first time.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #1296

Sep 2009
NY
Target What's up with Target and this release? lol

Digibooks are at the front of the store by the checkout isles while all the other editions are in the back where they're normally supposed to be .

Called ahead to confirm if they had any digibooks in stock before driving down there and they said they had only one, and that they would hold it for me.

I get there 10 minutes later.. oh i'm sorry the guy held aside the wrong one (3-disc w/gold slip) and that we actually sold out of all of digibooks "just like that" this morning. .

Waisted almost 20 minutes waiting for the guy looking for it only to get a rain check for later. i give up and decide to leave since they're going to close in less than 15 minutes.

I walk to the front area further away from the enter/exit doors and what do i see?.. a nice cardboard Peter Pan display with about 20 or so digi-books. really Target? lol .

Was able to use the $5 coupon on it for $19.83 OTD .

Just weird what they did here in stocking this one, lol.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #1297
Special Member

Feb 2010
Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by IForEverLoveMyFamily View Post
Digibooks are at the front of the store by the checkout isles while all the other editions are in the back where they're normally supposed to be .

I walk to the front area further away from the enter/exit doors and what do i see?.. a nice cardboard Peter Pan display with about 20 or so digi-books. really Target? lol .
Had you read this thread over the last day, you would have saved yourself time and aggravation, as this was mentioned several times.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #1298
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks-------------------------->88 SteelBooks™--------->127 UV-------->265

Watched this last night and was extremely impressed with the restoration work done with the animation. The audio was also impressive.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #1299

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmylad View Post
Had the same issue. Look in your purchases folder. It should be there. Then click on the movie, then click on the cloud to download it. There must be some sort of glitch in the authorization for this title.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:25 PM   #1300
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011

wife and i watched it last night. Picture quality was very impressive. Great film. I can't even remember if I had EVER seen it. Was this available on VHS in the early-mid 80s? We used to watch Disney films in school sometimes.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America