Best Blu-ray Deals

Top iTunes Deals, Cheap iTunes Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Monsters, Inc. (Blu-ray)$14.99 Monsters University (Blu-ray)$14.99 The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (Blu-ray)$9.99 The Nightmare Before Christmas (Blu-ray)$9.99 The Woman (Blu-ray)$7.99 The Terminator (Blu-ray)$9.99 Casper (Blu-ray)$9.99 Beetlejuice (Blu-ray)$9.99 Gremlins (Blu-ray)$9.99 Edward Scissorhands (Blu-ray)$9.99 Coraline (Blu-ray)$9.99 Frankenweenie (Blu-ray)$9.99 Sleepy Hollow, Season 1 (Blu-ray)$14.99 Hocus Pocus (Blu-ray)$9.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 02-16-2013, 11:12 PM   #61

Jul 2012
Default titles?

Out of curiosity, is there a comprehensive list anywhere of the titles available to convert?
Old 02-16-2013, 11:16 PM   #62

Mar 2012
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkannis Major View Post
Out of curiosity, is there a comprehensive list anywhere of the titles available to convert?
There is no massive PDF or single docuement of all the Vudu D2D titles like CinemaNow has (there was one but that the original D2D from last April which is severely out of date).

Only way to check titles without using the program is the D2D page in their website which lets you search all available titles.

http://www.vudu.com/disc_to_digital.html
Old 02-17-2013, 07:36 AM   #63
Suspended

Sep 2007
Katy, TX

Holy crap! This is the first I've heard about this. I wish this beta had been around a few months ago when I was filling up my Amazon Instant Video library(although most of that was with store credit, so no harm done). I've been hesitant to use the Wal-Mart service because I don't want them stamping the discs.

So far I've copied over a total of 15 Blu-rays and DVDs and they've all shown up on both my Vudu and Flixster accounts. Which is good cuz even though I've got the Vudu app sideloaded onto my Kindle Fire HD and LG Optimus G, it doesn't play movies at work(I assume because Facebook which is on Vudu's login screen is blocked by the filter).
Old 02-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #64
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_ME View Post
Holy crap! This is the first I've heard about this. I wish this beta had been around a few months ago when I was filling up my Amazon Instant Video library(although most of that was with store credit, so no harm done). I've been hesitant to use the Wal-Mart service because I don't want them stamping the discs.

So far I've copied over a total of 15 Blu-rays and DVDs and they've all shown up on both my Vudu and Flixster accounts. Which is good cuz even though I've got the Vudu app sideloaded onto my Kindle Fire HD and LG Optimus G, it doesn't play movies at work(I assume because Facebook which is on Vudu's login screen is blocked by the filter).
A cotton ball and a dab of rubbing alcohol takes those stamps right off.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #65
Power Member

Mar 2007
Chicago, IL

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
The walmarts ive been to never stamped my discs. In fact they didnt even want to look at the discs I brought in, they just took a look at my list and added the movies to my account after I paid, but I prefer to do from home now that the option is available
Old 02-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #66
Suspended

Sep 2007
Katy, TX

Quote:
Good to know as several of the discs I tried didn't register on the Vudu software. And they're movies that are allegedly supported.

I managed to convert 40 Blu-rays and DVDs last night and only 2 failed to also show up on my Flixster account(Gone Baby Gone and In the Line of Fire).
Old 02-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #67

Oct 2012

Quote:
Good to know as several of the discs I tried didn't register on the Vudu software. And they're movies that are allegedly supported.

I managed to convert 40 Blu-rays and DVDs last night and only 2 failed to also show up on my Flixster account(Gone Baby Gone and In the Line of Fire).
those two should be under unable to steam section
Old 02-18-2013, 12:14 AM   #68

Feb 2013
The US of A

The vudu beta is far superior to the others. Glad i found this forum so i could try it out. Tested it out today and was able to 8 out of 10 movies that vudu has available.

The 2 that didn't work but are available on vudu are "Revolver" and "Shrink".

Was thrilled to see that "Talladega Nights" was finally available to redeem in HD.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #69
Power Member

Jan 2008
Illinois

I found that Ghostbusters on blu-ray doesn't work yet.
It's on random.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #70
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj5206 View Post
I found that Ghostbusters on blu-ray doesn't work yet.
It worked for me. It was one of the first titles I added when the in-home service launched.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:24 PM   #71

Dec 2008
Tucson, Arizona

This program is neat when it works, frustrating when it doesn't...

The Matrix Ultimate collection: Matrix and Reloaded identify from any of the 4 discs. None of the 4 discs identify as Revolutions.

The Lord of the Rings Extended Edition single blu's (from Target) : Fellowship identifies as Return of the King, Two Towers and Return of the King identify as BOTH Fellowship and Return. No Two Towers between the 6 discs, and of course, none of them extended versions. (But hey I can buy this trilogy for the 40th time/format for only $50 for bundle and save!!!)
Old 03-18-2013, 11:02 PM   #72
Power Member

Jan 2008
Illinois

Quote:
It worked for me. It was one of the first titles I added when the in-home service launched.
Really? It tells me that it's unable to verify the disc. I have the initial release so I wonder if that's the difference.
It's on random.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:10 PM   #73
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2008

Quote:
Really? It tells me that it's unable to verify the disc. I have the initial release so I wonder if that's the difference.
Mine is the initial release as well. Bought it day one.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:30 PM   #74
Power Member

Jan 2008
Illinois

Quote:
Mine is the initial release as well. Bought it day one.
Huh. That's strange. Maybe it's my blu-ray drive? Although other blu-rays work just fine.
It's on random.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #75
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2008

Quote:
Huh. That's strange. Maybe it's my blu-ray drive? Although other blu-rays work just fine.
I wouldn't think it's your drive. It shouldn't impact the identifying information that the software reads. My guess is that it's due to database issues. The service is still very much in beta.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:52 PM   #76

Nov 2012

Cool, glad I found this thread. Off to making some of my favorite movies. Thanks all
Old 03-20-2013, 07:51 AM   #77

Dec 2008
Tucson, Arizona

You guys talking about Ghostbusters - I guess one of their data updates/patches must have borked that title; I tried my (day one) blu copy of Ghostbusters earlier, and it didn't read it... Hopefully fixed soon
Old 03-20-2013, 01:52 PM   #78
Suspended

Sep 2007
Katy, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-daryl View Post

The Matrix Ultimate collection: Matrix and Reloaded identify from any of the 4 discs. None of the 4 discs identify as Revolutions.

The Lord of the Rings Extended Edition single blu's (from Target) : Fellowship identifies as Return of the King, Two Towers and Return of the King identify as BOTH Fellowship and Return. No Two Towers between the 6 discs, and of course, none of them extended versions. (But hey I can buy this trilogy for the 40th time/format for only $50 for bundle and save!!!)
I had to add Matrix Convolutions at a local Wal-Mart. The beta software doesn't recognize it. As for the LOTR EEs, the discs don't work for that either. I ended up getting those VUDU/UV copies through the individual EE releases at CostCo.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #79
Special Member

Oct 2010
New England, USA

Quote:
I had to add Matrix Convolutions at a local Wal-Mart. The beta software doesn't recognize it. As for the LOTR EEs, the discs don't work for that either. I ended up getting those VUDU/UV copies through the individual EE releases at CostCo.
Weird, I was able to enter all of my Matrix movies through d2d at home. Seems pretty random.
Now running in 3D with the LG Cinema 3D (nominally showing 3D in 1080i per eye) 47LW6500 (up-or-down-or-side-graded from a 50" Sammy 3D Plasma) and a Benq W1080ST and a 130" screen.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #80

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-daryl View Post

I used VUDU To Go Disc to Digital on my LOTR Extended Editions DVDs yesterday. They were recognized and I received the HDX extended editions for $5 each. (I'd never purchased the Blu-ray versions)

So, for folks wanting the extended editions in HDX, it might be worth trying to find used copies of the DVD extended editions.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies