Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$11.49
Planet of the Vampires (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Old School (Blu-ray)
$5.20
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Lifeforce (Blu-ray)
$14.59
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.92
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 02-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2010
Default Sammy Importers! Another great import title!

Just thought I would let you all know that when I imported Sammy 2 from DDD House I took a punt on another film which turned out to be really great.

It's a 2 movie set called Tai Chi Hero and is one long film split in 2 ala Kill BIll.

It's a big, fun, silly, fantasy, martial arts epic with amazing PQ and really great 3D. It looks like a hybrid to me (there are conversion errors occasionally in what looks like converted footage) but the native stuff which makes up the bulk of the film, looks every bit as good as Flying Swords of Dragon Gate and the movie is about a million times times better.

It is highly stylised with lots of CGI elements, image processing, fast cuts, split screen and lot's of pop out subtitling. Think Baz Luhrmann meets the Wachowski's meets Quentin Tarantino and you're halfway there!

I found it to be a highly enjoyable and visually stunning romp. It's all totally ridiculous, but a hell of a lot of fun and it doesn't take itself at all seriously, (unlike Flying Swords) and my interest didn't wain for one second across the 2 films!

I would definitely put it in my Top 10 3D titles list for the 3D and PQ and it joins the very small list of live action 3D films that are actually good films AND excellent 3D experiences!

It may be a bit pricey for some at $42, but that is for 2 movies (nearly 3 and a half hours) and it's well worth it for such jawdroppingly, stunning looking 3D material!

The only downside is the subtitling can be a little fast to read, but it didn't affect my enjoyment of an otherwise near perfect 3D experience.

http://www.dddhouse.com/v3/product_d...roductID=13301

Last edited by Impossible; 02-17-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:10 PM   #2

Feb 2011
CA

Found it cheaper here. $37.37

http://www.yesasia.com/us/tai-chi-0-...0-en/info.html
Old 02-18-2013, 03:35 AM   #3

Jun 2012
From NYC now in Wichita KS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible View Post
Just thought I would let you all know that when I imported Sammy 2 from DDD House I took a punt on another film which turned out to be really great.

It's a 2 movie set called Tai Chi Hero and is one long film split in 2 ala Kill BIll.

It's a big, fun, silly, fantasy, martial arts epic with amazing PQ and really great 3D. It looks like a hybrid to me (there are conversion errors occasionally in what looks like converted footage) but the native stuff which makes up the bulk of the film, looks every bit as good as Flying Swords of Dragon Gate and the movie is about a million times times better.

It is highly stylised with lots of CGI elements, image processing, fast cuts, split screen and lot's of pop out subtitling. Think Baz Luhrmann meets the Wachowski's meets Quentin Tarantino and you're halfway there!

I found it to be a highly enjoyable and visually stunning romp. It's all totally ridiculous, but a hell of a lot of fun and it doesn't take itself at all seriously, (unlike Flying Swords) and my interest didn't wain for one second across the 2 films!

I would definitely put it in my Top 10 3D titles list for the 3D and PQ and it joins the very small list of live action 3D films that are actually good films AND excellent 3D experiences!

It may be a bit pricey for some at $42, but that is for 2 movies (nearly 3 and a half hours) and it's well worth it for such jawdroppingly, stunning looking 3D material!

The only downside is the subtitling can be a little fast to read, but it didn't affect my enjoyment of an otherwise near perfect 3D experience.

Tai Chi Zero Exclusive Trailer [HD] - YouTube

http://www.dddhouse.com/v3/product_d...roductID=13301

That was one hell of a funny movie narrator! I'm in for the flick.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:40 AM   #4

Jun 2012
From NYC now in Wichita KS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefloater24 View Post
That looks like its only for Tai Chi zero (part 1) only. Not the boxset like DDD house has.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joos519 View Post
That looks like its only for Tai Chi zero (part 1) only. Not the boxset like DDD house has.
Yeah thats just the first film!
Old 02-19-2013, 05:25 AM   #6

Apr 2008

does the dddhouse double pack have an english dub?
Old 02-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2010

No just subtitles.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies