Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic Park Collection 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.99
7 hrs ago
Jurassic World 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.59

The LEGO Ninjago Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Dracula 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99
17 hrs ago
Minions 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.97

Monster House 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.97

Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Thunder and the House of Magic (Blu-ray)
$8.43

Prometheus 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.16

National Parks Adventure 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.89

The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 02-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #1
Banned

Mar 2010
Hong Kong Tai Chi Zero (0) / Tai Chi Hero (2012) Blu-ray 3D [Region Free]

Just thought I would let you all know that when I imported Sammy 2 from DDD House I took a punt on another film which turned out to be really great.

It's a 2 movie set called Tai Chi Hero and is one long film split in 2 ala Kill BIll.

It's a big, fun, silly, fantasy, martial arts epic with amazing PQ and really great 3D. It looks like a hybrid to me (there are conversion errors occasionally in what looks like converted footage) but the native stuff which makes up the bulk of the film, looks every bit as good as Flying Swords of Dragon Gate and the movie is about a million times times better.

It is highly stylised with lots of CGI elements, image processing, fast cuts, split screen and lot's of pop out subtitling. Think Baz Luhrmann meets the Wachowski's meets Quentin Tarantino and you're halfway there!

I found it to be a highly enjoyable and visually stunning romp. It's all totally ridiculous, but a hell of a lot of fun and it doesn't take itself at all seriously, (unlike Flying Swords) and my interest didn't wain for one second across the 2 films!

I would definitely put it in my Top 10 3D titles list for the 3D and PQ and it joins the very small list of live action 3D films that are actually good films AND excellent 3D experiences!

It may be a bit pricey for some at $42, but that is for 2 movies (nearly 3 and a half hours) and it's well worth it for such jawdroppingly, stunning looking 3D material!

The only downside is the subtitling can be a little fast to read, but it didn't affect my enjoyment of an otherwise near perfect 3D experience.

http://www.dddhouse.com/v3/product_d...roductID=13301

Last edited by Impossible; 02-17-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:10 PM   #2

Feb 2011
CA

Found it cheaper here. $37.37

http://www.yesasia.com/us/tai-chi-0-...0-en/info.html
Old 02-18-2013, 03:35 AM   #3

Jun 2012
From NYC now in Wichita KS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible View Post
Just thought I would let you all know that when I imported Sammy 2 from DDD House I took a punt on another film which turned out to be really great.

It's a 2 movie set called Tai Chi Hero and is one long film split in 2 ala Kill BIll.

It's a big, fun, silly, fantasy, martial arts epic with amazing PQ and really great 3D. It looks like a hybrid to me (there are conversion errors occasionally in what looks like converted footage) but the native stuff which makes up the bulk of the film, looks every bit as good as Flying Swords of Dragon Gate and the movie is about a million times times better.

It is highly stylised with lots of CGI elements, image processing, fast cuts, split screen and lot's of pop out subtitling. Think Baz Luhrmann meets the Wachowski's meets Quentin Tarantino and you're halfway there!

I found it to be a highly enjoyable and visually stunning romp. It's all totally ridiculous, but a hell of a lot of fun and it doesn't take itself at all seriously, (unlike Flying Swords) and my interest didn't wain for one second across the 2 films!

I would definitely put it in my Top 10 3D titles list for the 3D and PQ and it joins the very small list of live action 3D films that are actually good films AND excellent 3D experiences!

It may be a bit pricey for some at $42, but that is for 2 movies (nearly 3 and a half hours) and it's well worth it for such jawdroppingly, stunning looking 3D material!

The only downside is the subtitling can be a little fast to read, but it didn't affect my enjoyment of an otherwise near perfect 3D experience.

Tai Chi Zero Exclusive Trailer [HD] - YouTube

http://www.dddhouse.com/v3/product_d...roductID=13301

That was one hell of a funny movie narrator! I'm in for the flick.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:40 AM   #4

Jun 2012
From NYC now in Wichita KS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefloater24 View Post
That looks like its only for Tai Chi zero (part 1) only. Not the boxset like DDD house has.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #5
Banned

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joos519 View Post
That looks like its only for Tai Chi zero (part 1) only. Not the boxset like DDD house has.
Yeah thats just the first film!
Old 02-19-2013, 05:25 AM   #6

Apr 2008

does the dddhouse double pack have an english dub?
Old 02-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #7
Banned

Mar 2010

No just subtitles.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #8

Mar 2013
Australia
Default Tai Chi 0

Cliff notes version review.

Martial Arts = 4/5, great fights kung fu master was great

3D effects = Great 3/5, Lots of depth, incredible clarity, could use more pop-ups, but those it had were done well.

Acting = Quite good 3/5

Story line = 2/5, quite weird/strange in places, at times is boring between fighting sequences, some overall comedy like a health bar next to the fighters head, that is quite amusing.

Overall a worthwhile watch, end credits show the upcoming sequel which looks even better, with more action.

7/10.... you won't be blown away, but you will enjoy most of it.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #9

Jul 2010

Hi HomeEntertainment -

Thanks for the review - I've been meaning to watch this! Is this one converted? I took a quick look at it a while back and saw some things that made me think it was...

Thanks again!
Old 04-25-2013, 11:57 AM   #10

Oct 2011

I like the movie but it isn't worth watching in 3D. The 3D is converted and very flat layers with lots of cut out errors. I'd give the 3D 0.5/10 it is garbage... same goes for the sequel and the new Jackie Chan movie Chinese Zodiac that was also converted into 3D.

Last edited by tigermoth; 04-25-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #11
Banned

Mar 2010

I thought the 3D was pretty good on this and the PQ was stunning. Yes there were errors, but nothing major and I thought it was quite strong.

I really enjoyed the first film, the 2nd less so. It was certainly a million times better than that Draons Gate dung.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:50 AM   #12

Oct 2011

Quote:
I thought the 3D was pretty good on this and the PQ was stunning. Yes there were errors, but nothing major and I thought it was quite strong.

I really enjoyed the first film, the 2nd less so. It was certainly a million times better than that Draons Gate dung.
Dragons gate had pretty great 3D though. One of the better live action 3D features.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:08 AM   #13

Mar 2013
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotandserious View Post
Hi HomeEntertainment -

Thanks for the review - I've been meaning to watch this! Is this one converted? I took a quick look at it a while back and saw some things that made me think it was...

Thanks again!
From the responses I think it is, I did enjoy it very much though. The fight scenes when done well defently make me wanna watch these sort of movies.

Quote:

Glad you enjoyed it, thanks for letting me know the 2nd isn't quite as good, the trailer sold me on it, looked pretty action packed.

I did love Dragons Gate though. Would be great is they re-did the bruce lee movies in 3D. That would be awesome
Old 04-26-2013, 04:05 AM   #14
Expert Member

Jul 2009
-
-
-

Would be nice if we could get a US 3D Blu release.

The sequel, "Tai Chi Hero" opens in L.A. tomorrow (4/26)...
Old 04-26-2013, 11:15 AM   #15
Banned

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermoth View Post
Dragons gate had pretty great 3D though. One of the better live action 3D features.
The 3D was great, the film itself is one of the worst I have ever seen.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #16
Banned

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeEntertainment View Post
From the responses I think it is, I did enjoy it very much though. The fight scenes when done well defently make me wanna watch these sort of movies.

Glad you enjoyed it, thanks for letting me know the 2nd isn't quite as good, the trailer sold me on it, looked pretty action packed.

I did love Dragons Gate though. Would be great is they re-did the bruce lee movies in 3D. That would be awesome
The 2nd is still good, I just found the story resolution a little weak and cliched. Ideally they should be watched together as one long film whereas I had a few weeks break in between watching them so there was a bit of a disconnect with the material.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:46 AM   #17

Mar 2013
Australia

Quote:
The 2nd is still good, I just found the story resolution a little weak and cliched. Ideally they should be watched together as one long film whereas I had a few weeks break in between watching them so there was a bit of a disconnect with the material.
Cool, I read the budget for the second one was smaller than the first and the CGI wasn't as good, any truth to that?
Old 05-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #18
Special Member

Apr 2012
Smile Friday

Well after reading through the thread I will probably pick this one up Friday. Has anyone seen the sequel yet?
Old 05-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #19
Banned

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sookymonster View Post
Well after reading through the thread I will probably pick this one up Friday. Has anyone seen the sequel yet?
You obviously didn't read through it very carefully
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies