COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$13.18
Inside Job (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$11.98
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$8.69
El Mariachi / Desperado (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Bankers of God: The Calvi Affair (Blu-ray)
$17.23
Justice League: War (Blu-ray)
$9.99
George Gently, Series 2 (Blu-ray)
$23.19
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
George Gently, Series 1 (Blu-ray)
$20.99
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Signal (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Subwoofers

Old 02-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #981

Dec 2012
Outside Chicago

Watched Skyfall last night...now I have to check my foundation to make sure there are no cracks!!
Old 02-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #982
Power Member

Mar 2009
KC,MO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarki View Post
Watched Skyfall last night...now I have to check my foundation to make sure there are no cracks!!
Haha yaeh it'll do that,i wish i could find a way to keep my windows from rattling.You have a nice theater room btw,i'll even let the White Sox banner fly .
Basement ''mancave'' setup :
Sanyo PLV-1080HD Projector,Focupix 100'' manual screen,APC-H10,Onkyo 805,Emotiva XPA-3,PS- 3 slim, Polk Rti-12, Polk CS2,Polk Monitor 60(rears),PSA XV-15 Emotiva Utra Sub 12
Living room setup:
Panasonic TC-60PU54 ''60 Plasma,Onkyo 705, PS- 3 80GB(MGS4 Bundle edition)w/ upgraded 500 gb HD,Eosone RSF1000 tower speakers, Polk Fxi-5,Polk Csi-25

PSN ID: ADAPPJ28
Old 02-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #983

Dec 2012
Outside Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus74 View Post
Haha yaeh it'll do that,i wish i could find a way to keep my windows from rattling.You have a nice theater room btw,i'll even let the White Sox banner fly .
Thanks, we really love the room. I have to update my White Sox stuff, all the players on my pics are not on the team anymore. Might be time to switch to Blackhawks!!
Old 02-17-2013, 06:05 PM   #984

Feb 2013

Hey everyone! I'm brand new to this site, but more importantly I'm setting up my very first home theater system and have already started getting some bits and pieces together!

I just bought the Pioneer Elite SC-61 and a pair of Martin Logan ESL's. (Man do those sound amazing for the price!) Currently looking at either the ML C2 or the Motif. I'm a huge bass guy though and don't really want to spend thousands of dollars on a sub. I've been looking at reviews for the price range under a grand and was almost settled on getting the HSU vtf-15h, but then I came across a couple of reviews for the XV15 and am sold on getting one of these bad boys.

I guess the main question for me is, will this be a good sub to pair up with my ESL's?

I will be adding a couple of surround speakers and eventually I hope to make it a 7.2 channel system.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #985

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by therobsclub View Post
Hey everyone! I'm brand new to this site, but more importantly I'm setting up my very first home theater system and have already started getting some bits and pieces together!

I just bought the Pioneer Elite SC-61 and a pair of Martin Logan ESL's. (Man do those sound amazing for the price!) Currently looking at either the ML C2 or the Motif. I'm a huge bass guy though and don't really want to spend thousands of dollars on a sub. I've been looking at reviews for the price range under a grand and was almost settled on getting the HSU vtf-15h, but then I came across a couple of reviews for the XV15 and am sold on getting one of these bad boys.

I guess the main question for me is, will this be a good sub to pair up with my ESL's?

I will be adding a couple of surround speakers and eventually I hope to make it a 7.2 channel system.

The ESLs extend well below 80hz(down to about 40hz actually) but I'd still start with them set to small and the crossover at/near 80hz. Two reasons for this--- 1) the 8" woofer on the ESLs will extend down to 40-45hz, but that doesn't mean it can reproduce 40-45hz cleanly at loud volume levels. A quality subwoofer will be much better suited for that. 2)the main left/right speakers need to be place in very specific locations for direction cues and imaging purposes. These locations are rarely the optimal spot for bass reproduction in most rooms.

Also, eletrostats are dipolar in nature. There acoustical dispersion patterns will be different than a "normal" speaker. Because of this it may take a little extra "trial-error" to get the subwoofer really dialed in.

The best subwoofer for you will depend largely on the room size(and if there are any large openings to other areas of the home), and just how loudly you intend to push action oriented DVDs. This type of source material tends to include the deepest/loudest bass signal.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Old 02-17-2013, 07:19 PM   #986

Feb 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom V. View Post
The ESLs extend well below 80hz(down to about 40hz actually) but I'd still start with them set to small and the crossover at/near 80hz. Two reasons for this--- 1) the 8" woofer on the ESLs will extend down to 40-45hz, but that doesn't mean it can reproduce 40-45hz cleanly at loud volume levels. A quality subwoofer will be much better suited for that. 2)the main left/right speakers need to be place in very specific locations for direction cues and imaging purposes. These locations are rarely the optimal spot for bass reproduction in most rooms.

Also, eletrostats are dipolar in nature. There acoustical dispersion patterns will be different than a "normal" speaker. Because of this it may take a little extra "trial-error" to get the subwoofer really dialed in.

The best subwoofer for you will depend largely on the room size(and if there are any large openings to other areas of the home), and just how loudly you intend to push action oriented DVDs. This type of source material tends to include the deepest/loudest bass signal.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

Well that was a fast response! They weren't kidding about customer service! As for my room size it's in the basement where there is one hallway leading to a bedroom. Probably around 200+sq feet or so. I like my sound loud during movies. I appreciate any help as like I said I am fairly new to this. So are these the wrong speakers for me then?
Old 02-17-2013, 08:02 PM   #987

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by therobsclub View Post
Well that was a fast response! They weren't kidding about customer service! As for my room size it's in the basement where there is one hallway leading to a bedroom. Probably around 200+sq feet or so. I like my sound loud during movies. I appreciate any help as like I said I am fairly new to this. So are these the wrong speakers for me then?
No, not the wrong speakers at all. In fact, those are very good speakers in my opinion. I'm guessing approximately 7.5 ceiling height? In this room environment I'd consider the XS15 too. Extension would be in the single digits...7-10hz range. I'd experiment as much as possible with the sub placement...perhaps even trying the subwoofer *crawl*.

http://www.audioholics.com/tweaks/sp...ofer-placement

I can't imagine any placement offering less than 109-115dB of clean output from the XS15 though. And most will be 112-118dB I'd guess. I think this type of output would be plenty for a electrostat based system.

The XV15 and XS15 share very similar sound quality characteristics. But the larger, ported XV15 will have more output. In your room the XV15 will offer strong bass down to the 14-16hz range with about 3dB more output than the XS15. I'd lean toward the slightly less expensive XS15 here as I believe it will meet/exceed all of your performance expectations.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Old 02-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #988

Jul 2012

Hi all,

Update:

Despite our best efforts to maintain inventory levels as demand continues to grow we've reached a temporary outage. New orders(on all power-X products) will not ship for approximately 2 weeks. As always, no order will be charged (transfer any funds) until we ship.

I believe we will be able to ship(within 3-4 business days) all back ordered XS30s that were ordered prior to February 12th. If you order on/after February 12th I'm afraid it will be approximately 2 weeks until shipment.

We literally have "tons" of inventory inbound and we will be back to normal( new orders shipping in 1 business day) first half of March. This should include the XS30 too.

Thanks again for the continued support.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

Last edited by Tom V.; 02-20-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:55 PM   #989

May 2010
Winter Gardens, Florida

^^^^ does this pertain to all products?
TV:Samsung LN55C630 Processor:UMC-1 Blu Ray Player:OPPO BDP-80 Fronts:Paradigm Monitor 9s v6 Center:CC-390 v6 Sides:Athena Technologies AS-F2 Rears:ADP-390 v6 Amps:XPA-2, XPA-5 Conditioner:Monster HTS 2600 Subs:Dual PSA XV-15's Gaming:Xbox 360 slim 250gig, Ps3 Fatty 60gig
Old 02-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #990

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by manonfire View Post
^^^^ does this pertain to all products?

Yes. Sorry I didn't make that very clear. I've edited.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Old 02-21-2013, 01:21 AM   #991
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
O H I O Steelbooks™: 16

Quote:
Hi all,

Update:

Despite our best efforts to maintain inventory levels as demand continues to grow we've reached a temporary outage. New orders(on all power-X products) will not ship for approximately 2 weeks. As always, no order will be charged (transfer any funds) until we ship.

I believe we will be able to ship(within 3-4 business days) all back ordered XS30s that were ordered prior to February 12th. If you order on/after February 12th I'm afraid it will be approximately 2 weeks until shipment.

We literally have "tons" of inventory inbound and we will be back to normal( new orders shipping in 1 business day) first half of March. This should include the XS30 too.

Thanks again for the continued support.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Quote:
Yes. Sorry I didn't make that very clear. I've edited.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Congratulations Tom. When you sell a brand that can't be kept in stock, that says a lot. The word has gotten around on the internet of your company, products, and quality... I hope continued success to PSA!!!
Display Samsung LN52A650 / Remote Logitech Harmony One
Audio Yamaha RX-A3010 / HTPC nMediaPC 2000 (3TB)
Media DirecTV HR-22 / Oppo BDP-103 / Oppo DV-983H
Front Mirage OMD-28 / Center Mirage OMD-C2 / Surround Mirage OMD-5
Subwoofer Power Sound Audio XV15 (BASH) / Power Monster SS 5100 MKII
Cable AudioQuest Carbon Chocolate Cinnamon Forest Vodka / Emotiva X-Series
Old 02-21-2013, 01:30 AM   #992
Blu-ray Count

Apr 2012
Colorado, Where I started out with nothing...and I still have most of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicmonger View Post
Congratulations Tom. When you sell a brand that can't be kept in stock, that says a lot. The word has gotten around on the internet of your company, products, and quality... I hope continued success to PSA!!!
+1
Even makes me more proud to be a PSA owner.
My System : Mirage Speakers: OMD-28's Fronts, OMD-C2 Center, OMD-15's Front Wides, OMDR's Rears, Omni 60's Surrounds. Subwoofer: PSA XS30 Sealed/Dual 15" Drivers & XS15se Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR3009 Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-3 DAC: Emotiva XDA-2 Conditioners: Belkin Pure AV PF30
HDTV: VIZIO E701i-A3 70-inch Razor LED. Blu-ray: OPPO BDP-103
Network: 2 Gateway Laptops both linked to feed System from 5 external hard drives, Music, Movies, Netflix, Mog
Old 02-21-2013, 02:06 AM   #993

Dec 2012
Outside Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZYKAT View Post
+1
Even makes me more proud to be a PSA owner.
+1. It's great news. I know it's not easy to wait a few weeks, but trust me, it's well worth the wait.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:34 AM   #994

Oct 2010
Lake worthless, fl

I am sooooooooo tempted to sell my empire and get an XS30...
Samsung PN50A650, DirecTv, Yamaha RX-V765, Slim PS3, Home Theater Direct Level 3 LCR, Lava LSP12 sub

Coming soon: Emotiva UPA-5, Monoprice 6.5 inch in ceiling rears, 2nd Lava LSP12
Old 02-21-2013, 02:44 AM   #995
Blu-ray Count

Apr 2012
Colorado, Where I started out with nothing...and I still have most of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratm View Post
I am sooooooooo tempted to sell my empire and get an XS30...
The XS30 is a Great unit, but a talk with Tom is what you should do.
Give him the details he needs and He'll advise you on your options.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:25 AM   #996

Jan 2012
N. Burbs, Illinois

Probably going to be adding a second XV-15 soon.
Sharp 745 70" TV
Sony BDP-S790
Denon 3312 AVR, Emotiva XDA-2
Emotiva XPR-2,Emotiva XPA-3
Focal 726V,700CC,714V
Power Sound Audio XV-15
Harmony One
Monster HDP2500,Emotiva CMX6
Old 02-22-2013, 02:16 AM   #997

Dec 2012
Outside Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarylRSV4 View Post
That's awesome!! You're going to be in bass heaven!
Old 02-22-2013, 02:26 AM   #998
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
O H I O Steelbooks™: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarylRSV4 View Post
SAWEET! Party at Daryl's
Display Samsung LN52A650 / Remote Logitech Harmony One
Audio Yamaha RX-A3010 / HTPC nMediaPC 2000 (3TB)
Media DirecTV HR-22 / Oppo BDP-103 / Oppo DV-983H
Front Mirage OMD-28 / Center Mirage OMD-C2 / Surround Mirage OMD-5
Subwoofer Power Sound Audio XV15 (BASH) / Power Monster SS 5100 MKII
Cable AudioQuest Carbon Chocolate Cinnamon Forest Vodka / Emotiva X-Series
Old 02-22-2013, 03:35 AM   #999

Jan 2012
N. Burbs, Illinois

Any of you guys are welcome, seriously. Probably have to put #2 behind the couch as I have no more room on my front wall.
Sharp 745 70" TV
Sony BDP-S790
Denon 3312 AVR, Emotiva XDA-2
Emotiva XPR-2,Emotiva XPA-3
Focal 726V,700CC,714V
Power Sound Audio XV-15
Harmony One
Monster HDP2500,Emotiva CMX6
Old 02-22-2013, 03:15 PM   #1000

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarki View Post
+1. It's great news. I know it's not easy to wait a few weeks, but trust me, it's well worth the wait.

I wouldn't say it is *great* news....but I know what you are saying....demand is a good thing..

We have a *huge* amount of inbound inventory now so the Power-X lineup should all be shipping within 1-2 business days of an order within (about) 2 weeks....even the XS30s.(which have been in back order status since their introduction back in December!).

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Subwoofers