Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Congo (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Ice Age 4 Movie Set (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Maria Holic: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$36.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$55.95
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective / Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$101.18
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$19.98
Step Up All In (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$17.98
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 02-18-2013, 03:57 AM   #5961
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post
Hey Andrew...let me corrupt you and show you a little big band and jazz with voicing from the incomparable Peggy Lee.

Peggy Lee & Benny Goodman - Why Don't You Do Right (1942) - YouTube

Just teasing...
Ok John I'll order that cd and give it a shot. Can't guarantee it'll get a lot of play time but you never know.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:06 AM   #5962
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
555 Naim Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by aces high View Post
What are you using for surrounds?
Dead Techs pro cinema 1000s. Will have to get better surrounds down the road but they will do for now.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:22 AM   #5963
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rded View Post
Dead Techs pro cinema 1000s. Will have to get better surrounds down the road but they will do for now.
What about some s1.4's or F140's for the fronts and move the 110's back to surrounds? I wouldn't rush the surrounds though, get your two channel system really sorted first.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:27 AM   #5964
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2008
Riverside, CA

Quote:
Are we going to see some duals in your HT next year?
Im actually looking for a way to convince the wife to let me get the DM2/6 by my b-day... preferrably by making monthly payments to get them. That might mean I could get another sub next year when I get paid for the unused vacation I have left. Probably buy a Hsu VTF2.4. Then Id only have a new center and amp left to purchase.
Video: Panasonic 55" P55ST50, Oppo BDP-103
Amplification: Integra DTR-40.2, Naim Nait XS-2 Integrated Amp
2-CH: Jolida FX Tube DAC, MacBook Pro, Audirvana Music Software
Speakers: Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210 C, DM 2/6
Subwoofer:
Hsu VTF-2 MK4, Auralex Subriser
Old 02-18-2013, 04:28 AM   #5965
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2008
Riverside, CA

Quote:
did you pick up your rotel amp yet?
Subwoofer:
Old 02-18-2013, 04:41 AM   #5966
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
Im actually looking for a way to convince the wife to let me get the DM2/6 by my b-day... preferrably by making monthly payments to get them. That might mean I could get another sub next year when I get paid for the unused vacation I have left. Probably buy a Hsu VTF2.4. Then Id only have a new center and amp left to purchase.
I'm sure you'll come up with a way to convince her.

Didn't think you'd go for that model of sub. I was kind of thinking that your system is getting to the point where you'd be thinking about something a bit higher up the food chain than that one. The good thing is that you can listen to a few different HSU's before making up your mind as they're not that far from you are they?
Old 02-18-2013, 04:54 AM   #5967
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2008
Riverside, CA

Quote:
I'm sure you'll come up with a way to convince her.

Didn't think you'd go for that model of sub. I was kind of thinking that your system is getting to the point where you'd be thinking about something a bit higher up the food chain than that one. The good thing is that you can listen to a few different HSU's before making up your mind as they're not that far from you are they?
they are about 1/2 hr from me. the only reason I was thinking that one is that it would match the eD pretty closely in terms of size, power, woofer size, so perhaps it would be easier to integrate them both into my room. And maybe sneak in an amp for the center channel with it, that way Im able to make the center switch as easy as possible. Otherwise i would be getting the 15H or uls15 which I figured would be harder to integrate, but I guess at that I could sell the eD, and just have the 15H. I was thinking of having duals over a single... or do you think one better 15 would be better then dual 12s?
Subwoofer:

Last edited by callas01; 02-18-2013 at 04:56 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:19 AM   #5968
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2008
Riverside, CA

You know since I reran audyssey this last time, the bass from the eD has been much better throughout the room. Thinking that doubling up on the subs output and smoothing out the frequency response in the room might be a good thing. What do you think?
Subwoofer:
Old 02-18-2013, 06:04 AM   #5969
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
they are about 1/2 hr from me. the only reason I was thinking that one is that it would match the eD pretty closely in terms of size, power, woofer size, so perhaps it would be easier to integrate them both into my room. And maybe sneak in an amp for the center channel with it, that way Im able to make the center switch as easy as possible. Otherwise i would be getting the 15H or uls15 which I figured would be harder to integrate, but I guess at that I could sell the eD, and just have the 15H. I was thinking of having duals over a single... or do you think one better 15 would be better then dual 12s?
Quote:
You know since I reran audyssey this last time, the bass from the eD has been much better throughout the room. Thinking that doubling up on the subs output and smoothing out the frequency response in the room might be a good thing. What do you think?
Yes I do think that is a great idea. The thing that I'm wondering isn't whether to run dual subs or if a 15" is better than two 12's, the right pair of 12's could serve you just fine. I just think with what your proposing for future upgrades that the level of subwoofer your looking at just isn't quite up to the level of the other gear you'll have.

Once you complete the system with the proposed upgrades it'll be a formidable one, one that deserves subs of the same caliber. Just not sure a $500 sub falls into that category. Not that I'm trying to tell you you need to spend thousands of dollars but I do think you should be looking at the next step up from that. You've always been good at being patient and holding out longer in order to get higher quality pieces of gear, you shouldn't stray from that path this far into things. Keep the same mindset and something will come along or be discovered that will probably keep you happier for a much longer period of time. What is that product? That doesn't seem to have become clear yet. Maybe I'm just talking out my ass, just wouldn't want to see you settle after having come this far. Maybe taking an afternoon of listening to subs over at HSU will give you a better idea of which direction to take.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:17 AM   #5970
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")

Sounds like your wife is a Smart Woman bud. You'd def be better served with putting them on something to get em off the floor (less direct vibration all around), & SubDudes are great/very affordable. What's not to love?! Good luck.

Quote:
Thanks, SS!

They're not too bad! My wife like the look and finish! They are keepers! She was already talking about me "putting them up a bit in case there is a flood" so I guess I'm getting Sub dudes!

[Show spoiler]Thanks Andre! The subs will most likely be connected via LFE only. I connected one sub have not even ran room correction yet. Gain is set to 0db. Wow! Very deep and gut wrenching bass! Can't image how it'll sound when both subs are firing. I know i have to play with the settings but pls explain to me how all those other connections work.

Currently, diffusors for my living room 2-ch system are being built! I think it'll be awesome
* Boston, MA. - 8 Sports Titles/11 Yrs!! (02-13) *

POLK AUDIO: "LIVE IT, BREATHE IT, LOVE IT, BELIEVE IT!"
* TV: 70" SHARP 3D/LC-70UQ17U - POLK AUDIO - "7.2" - Center: CS2 - Front: T90e's
Surrounds: FXi A6's (Side), A3's (Rear) - Subs: 2 PA-120's *
ONKYO TX-NR838 DOLBY ATMOS (Ready) - OPPO BDP-83 - DirecTV: HR-44 HD-DVR - Harmony ONE
* BLU-RAYS: 945 *
Old 02-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #5971
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2009
Upstate SC

Quote:
Very nice Rhett!

Your new plasma looks sweet as well, it's a lot bigger than the Sony you had before.

The first thing you need to do is find the correction tables for your Rat Shack spl meter and gain match the subs. I'm pretty sure there's a sticky in the subwoofer section for the correction tables on AVS. Rythmiks have a bunch of options on the amp that your going to have to play around with, let me take a look at the Rythimik site and see if I can make sense of them. Your probably going to have to do some experimenting with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post
BTW correction table for that meter here.
Here you go.
TV Sammy 58B550 Speakers Totem Forest and M1S center
Receiver Anthem MRX 500 DAC Cambridge Audio DAC Magic 100
Amps-Emotiva XPA-3 W4S STI-500Subs-SVS PC12 Plus(w/Auralex SubDude)&PB12 Plus(w/Great Gramma)
BD Player/CD-Oppo 93 Power Conditioner-Belkin Pure AV PF30 Remote-Harmony One
Mac mini as music server
BDI Avion Noir 8937 A/V stand,ATS acoustic panels
Totem Tress speaker cable
Old 02-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #5972
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
555 Naim Street

Quote:
Who's building the diffusors for you? You two channel and HT systems are really coming along nicely Rhett.
My buddy is building the diffusors out of pallets as we speak. He is painting and staining it with wax so it'll havr that worn out look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
Here you go.
Thanks but I have the digital Radio Shack SPL meter version. Will those correction tables work with it as well?
Old 02-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #5973
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
My buddy is building the diffusors out of pallets as we speak. He is painting and staining it with wax so it'll havr that worn out look.

Thanks but I have the digital Radio Shack SPL meter version. Will those correction tables work with it as well?
Yes.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #5974
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
555 Naim Street

Quote:
Yes.
And... What do I do with the correction table?

Sorry man, this is all new to me, having 2 subs and all. When I had my old subs, i just set the gain to 12 o clock. And let yh calibration software deal with it. I did however level match all the speakers and sub with the spl meter.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:13 AM   #5975
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeRuss View Post
Good Morning ACES!!!!!
Have you upgraded your Omnimic software yet ?

They sent me an email with a link to download it
Visuals by......
Panasonic~ Oppo

Audio by...
DUAL~ Grado ~ Yamaha
Harman/Kardon~ Acoustic Research
SVS
Old 02-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #5976
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2008
California

Hey Andrew, how is my ever-upgrading buddy from the North?
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
Old 02-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #5977
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeRuss View Post
Have you upgraded your Omnimic software yet ?

They sent me an email with a link to download it
Hey Russ,

No I haven't updated the software yet.

Can you give me the link for the update?
Old 02-20-2013, 05:37 PM   #5978
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManUtd View Post
Hey Andrew, how is my ever-upgrading buddy from the North?
What's up Eric?

Nothing new on the gear front, I've got a bunch of expenses coming up very shortly. That puts all thoughts of gear on the back burner for a while. I did manage to pick up GoT S2, Argo, Expendables 2 and a couple of new cd's yesterday though.

So when is my friend from the left coast going to pull the trigger on that pre/pro upgrade?
Old 02-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #5979
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2008
California

Quote:
What's up Eric?

Nothing new on the gear front, I've got a bunch of expenses coming up very shortly. That puts all thoughts of gear on the back burner for a while. I did manage to pick up GoT S2, Argo, Expendables 2 and a couple of new cd's yesterday though.

So when is my friend from the left coast going to pull the trigger on that pre/pro upgrade?
I also bought GoT S2 yesterday. I have to rewatch S1 to get up to speed with S2. The pre/pro upgrade will be done when I settle our summer vacation plans. At first we were gonna go on a Caribbean cruise but after that Carnival incident we postponed that plan. The wife and kid now wants to go to Paradise Island in the Bahamas and I've only heard a couple of things about that place, it is very nice but very $$$$.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
Old 02-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #5980
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManUtd View Post
I also bought GoT S2 yesterday. I have to rewatch S1 to get up to speed with S2. The pre/pro upgrade will be done when I settle our summer vacation plans. At first we were gonna go on a Caribbean cruise but after that Carnival incident we postponed that plan. The wife and kid now wants to go to Paradise Island in the Bahamas and I've only heard a couple of things about that place, it is very nice but very $$$$.
Sounds like a nice vacation.

I get to pay for braces instead. We haven't decided what we're doing for summer vacation yet. Our son is getting better with traveling and staying away from home. Maybe one more year of a somewhat local vacation and we can then start to expand the radius of our travel plans, let's hope.

I've started watching the first season of GoT again as well, when I'm finished it'll be an easy transition to season 2. Hoping to have time tonight to watch episodes 5 & 6.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries