COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$129.99
My Week with Marilyn (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Freezing: Anime Classics Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$25.78
Noah (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman 3D (Blu-ray)
$30.98
Love Lab: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$37.28
Les MisÚrables (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Labor Day (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Samurai Bride: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Kill Bill: 1 & 2 Double Feature (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Marvel Bundle (Blu-ray)
$64.99
3 Days to Kill (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Divergent (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 02-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #1
Community Gaming Moderator

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL
Default Anyone filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau?

I might consider it for something that costs $4, but the thing that really pisses me off is that I get no response by phone, or email regarding a light bulb I received that doesn't work from a reptile store online located in Florida.

I initially bought 2 bulbs from their online store back on a Thursday, 1/24/13. My order came out to be $12.94 which included shipping. I received my package the following Monday 1/28/13.

Received both bulbs, and noticed that one of them was burnt out and didn't work while the other is fine. So that same day, I called their customer service. Spoke to a lady and said she'll email me directions how to receive a new bulb without returning the defective one. I waited all day for that email. Nothing, so I called the following day. No one answered. So, I sent an email, and a day later they replied stating that we apologize etc, but they can replace your bulb if you fax a letter with your signature that your bulb is damaged with your order confirmation and we can replace your bulb free of charge. I faxed my signed letter to them on a Thrusday 1/31/13.

Now, I haven't received a bulb, no replies, no confirmations no nothing. I have been trying to call this place numerous times. I'm pretty frustrated with the lack of support and their very poor customer service. I even never received a email confirmation placing my initial order. I know it's just a light bulb for $4 but the lack of communication gets me all heated up. Call me crazy, but I called them more than 50x today. No one picked up their phone. I probably sent them 3 emails the past 2-3 weeks, but no one replied.

I may be overreacting for something that's just $4, but I want my money back or a replacement. What should I do? Advice?

I looked them up and they had 2 complaints the past 2-3 years.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:09 AM   #2
Special Member

Jul 2010
Sacramento, CA

I know your chasing after the principal, but sometimes you gotta learn to let it go. Look at it this way, it was a $4 investment to know that you won't have to deal with this company for the rest of your life.

Sometimes when I go to a restaurant and have a bad meal, I can leave happily right afterwards knowing that I won't have to keep wondering if they were any good and if the reviews on yelp were really true. I'll never visit that restaurant again and life goes on.lol

Seriously though, step away man. 50+ calls over $4? Take your 'loss' and go.
Panasonic 65" VT60 || Panasonic BDT220 || Onkyo TX-NR509 || Energy Take Classic 5.1 || Roku 3 || Logitech Harmony 700
Old 02-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Hazle Township, PA

I have to agree just leave it go. In the end it's just not worth it for the amount you paid.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2
Various: "Can you kill it?" "I believe something can." "A monster?" "No...a god."

Godzilla Asia Trailer (2014)
Old 02-18-2013, 02:15 AM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2012

Yeah, have to agree too. It's just $4. Not a big loss.

Honestly, and this isn't directed mainly at you OP, but it seems like anymore people are way to trigger happy with these things. I swear sometimes I think people go into a business just to look for something to report them for. Even just the simplest of things and all of a sudden "Oh, I'm going to sue you and get lots of monies" or "I'm going to report you to BBB and whatever I can do to hurt you because I didn't get the proper amount of fries in my happy meal!"

Because, you know, IT'S A REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 03:18 AM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2010

I've filed complaints with the BBB twice, both regarding online companies. One time the issue got resolved, but it may have been on the way to being resolved anyway.

The other time showed me just how little teeth the BBB actually has. Company says, "We didn't do anything wrong," so the BBB says, "They didn't do anything wrong" and closes the case just like that.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:22 AM   #6
Special Member

Jul 2010
Sacramento, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted-Alien View Post
Yeah, have to agree too. It's just $4. Not a big loss.

Honestly, and this isn't directed mainly at you OP, but it seems like anymore people are way to trigger happy with these things. I swear sometimes I think people go into a business just to look for something to report them for. Even just the simplest of things and all of a sudden "Oh, I'm going to sue you and get lots of monies" or "I'm going to report you to BBB and whatever I can do to hurt you because I didn't get the proper amount of fries in my happy meal!"

Because, you know, IT'S A REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a person around my city that goes to any average strip joint and checks to see if they meet ADA standards. If not they get sued. The person once sued like 3-4 shops on one side of the strip mall at one time. It made the nightly news. A liquor store, salon, and a few more joints I forgot. Its frackin ridiculous. There are a few local politicians who are trying to push new bills preventing this type of thing. Im all for helping folks with mobility issues. But they could just simply ask for help. It s not hard to ask. I mean wtf you expect when going to a salon. lol

You want haircut booths at waist level?
Panasonic 65" VT60 || Panasonic BDT220 || Onkyo TX-NR509 || Energy Take Classic 5.1 || Roku 3 || Logitech Harmony 700
Old 02-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Lexington, KY

I have.
"MIDNIGHT MADNESS" & "PLOTDIGGER FILMS" SUPER FAN

Plotdigger Films: 3 (blu) 48 (dvd) 11 (VHS)
Midnight Madness: 0 (blu) 2 (dvd) 2 (VHS) 1 (Beta)
Old 02-19-2013, 02:43 PM   #8
Community Gaming Moderator

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

Dang, I forgot that I made a thread on this. I'm a very laid back person and I let a lot of things go but for some reason, this incident just got to me.

I called 50 times because I had nothing to do at work the past Friday so I wanted to bug them and resolve the issue. I'm still a little upset about it because this has never happened to me before. I'm wondering if their company went out of business. Guess we'll never know.

Anyway, their customer service blows and I was ready to chew someone out that day. Good thing I didn't spend over $100 from their store.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #9
Special Member

Jul 2010
Sacramento, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCruz View Post

Dang, I forgot that I made a thread on this. I'm a very laid back person and I let a lot of things go but for some reason, this incident just got to me.

I called 50 times because I had nothing to do at work the past Friday so I wanted to bug them and resolve the issue. I'm still a little upset about it because this has never happened to me before. I'm wondering if their company went out of business. Guess we'll never know.

Anyway, their customer service blows and I was ready to chew someone out that day. Good thing I didn't spend over $100 from their store.

You hiring? I could use a second job if job requires me to do nothing.lol

j/k
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat