Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Charade (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Pawnbroker (Blu-ray)
$19.16
Spider-Man / Spider-Man 2 / Spider-Man 3 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
I, Robot 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Say
$29.99
The Assassins (Blu-ray)
$6.98

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (After You've Seen It!)
One Star 48 28.07%
Two Stars 49 28.65%
Three Stars 49 28.65%
Four Stars 22 12.87%
Five Stars 3 1.75%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2013, 04:32 AM   #1381
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
Canada

Garbage.
♪ LONG LIVE THE NOTE!! ♪ LET'S GO BLUES!! ♪
I'm the one you should be listening to! Do you think dropping an anchor in the middle of a storm makes any sense whatsoever? -Charles McCullough

I just clicked Show Post so I could see what Troll-istc, inane thing you had to say. You're on my female cleansing product list. -Spottedfeather

A good article: http://old.bfi.org.uk/sightandsound/feature/102
Old 02-18-2013, 05:04 AM   #1382
Blu-ray Count

May 2011
El Paso, Texas

Grbg.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:24 AM   #1383
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWaffle View Post
A friend emailed me his review: Died Flaccid.

I'll be skipping this.
This could be the post of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingbilly10 View Post
Shut up haters. I really liked it. Go see safe haven or beautiful creatures instead
It's called an opinion. You have yours, others have theirs.
** Boston, MA. - 8 Sports Titles in 11 Years!! (2002-2013) **

** R.I.P. - RICHIE HAYWARD - (2/6/46 - 8/12/10) **
POLK AUDIO: "LIVE IT, BREATHE IT, LOVE IT, BELIEVE IT!"
50" Samsung DLP - POLK AUDIO - "7.2" Set-up - Center: CS2 - Front: T90e's
Surrounds: FXi A6's (Side), A3's (Rear) - Subs: 2 PA-120's
Onkyo TX-SR706 - OPPO BDP-83 - DirecTV: "GENIE"/HR-44 HD-DVR - Harmony ONE
BLU-RAYS: 893
Old 02-18-2013, 06:19 AM   #1384
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011

I know I just didn't think the movie was that bad like everyone has been saying.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:23 AM   #1385
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
I know I just didn't think the movie was that bad like everyone has been saying.
That's fine, but you don't need to call people haters because we don't agree. No need for name calling. We can all get along here if we try.
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell
Letterboxd: pj_campbell
Old 02-18-2013, 06:27 AM   #1386
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts Ghost View Post
That's fine, but you don't need to call people haters because we don't agree. No need for name calling. We can all get along here if we try.

** Boston, MA. - 8 Sports Titles in 11 Years!! (2002-2013) **

** R.I.P. - RICHIE HAYWARD - (2/6/46 - 8/12/10) **
POLK AUDIO: "LIVE IT, BREATHE IT, LOVE IT, BELIEVE IT!"
50" Samsung DLP - POLK AUDIO - "7.2" Set-up - Center: CS2 - Front: T90e's
Surrounds: FXi A6's (Side), A3's (Rear) - Subs: 2 PA-120's
Onkyo TX-SR706 - OPPO BDP-83 - DirecTV: "GENIE"/HR-44 HD-DVR - Harmony ONE
BLU-RAYS: 893
Old 02-18-2013, 06:59 AM   #1387
Expert Member

Mar 2011
Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlittle3 View Post
What's wrong with mindless action?

All Die Hard movies are mindless and highly implausible. I just watched Die Hard 2 and it has plenty of mindless shooting scenes.
I just noticed this now. I've been reading through a lot of the posts above and they all pretty much answered that question. Mindless and implausible? Not necessarily. Sure, there are a few reaches in terms of realism, but the new one is following in the footsteps of movies that force feed you constant artificial crap and rely on it to maintain your attention. The Expendables is the same type of film, but it was supposed to be that way. How many action stars can we get into one movie and make everything blow up? In my opinion, the original Die Hard series wasn't intended for the same purpose. It was to provide a good story with the action and killing having justification/reason/purpose. In addition, the fantastic acting from Willis, Rickman, Irons... Hell, even the Big Guy, Carl Winslow... I mean, Al (VelJohnson)! ... is nothing to scoff at. Give me some story. I want some build up. I would like dinner before the bang.
Last Purchase: John Cassavetes: Five Films (Criterion Collection)

"I shot it with a camera." - John Ford
Old 02-18-2013, 07:07 AM   #1388

Jan 2013
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoife View Post
You people are hilarious. Critics bash a movie, you all jump on the same wagon and bash it, too. Critics love it, and you do the same shit as well.

Personally, I don't care what critics say, I enjoyed this movie for what it is. Sure, it's not as good as the original three movies, but it is, in no way, worse than the fourth. They're just entertaining movies! And this latest Die Hard film is fun, it never takes itself too seriously and I love that. That's part of what makes the Die Hard movies so much fun.

It seems every movie today has to be dark and gritty to be considered good. I wonder how old most of you people are. I enjoyed A Good Day to Die Hard and I'll be getting it on blu-ray as soon as it comes out.
You need to watch more movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
Of all the negativity this movie is getting, I bet everybody can't wait for the blu-ray release, to add it to their collection.
Heck no. I will never buy this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ao-Pyramid View Post
For those who have seen it, would you buy it on blu-ray?
Nope

Quote:
Shut up haters. I really liked it. Go see safe haven or beautiful creatures instead
Safe Haven was better then A Good Day to Die Hard, hell even Beautiful Creatures was more entertaining.

A Good Day to Die Hard - was an awful piece of shit. 0/10
The horrible chemistry/daddy issues between John and his son was annoying.
slow motion
stupid script/plot
terrible pace
action wasn't all that enjoyable.
Bruce Willis looked bored in it.

Don't know how any can enjoy this POS.
I own 1,170 Movies
Blu-ray Releases
Divergent - July ??
Captain America: Winter Soldier - August ??
The Walking Dead Season 4 - August 26th
The Hobbit: Des. of Smaug Extended Edition -November ??
Old 02-18-2013, 08:06 AM   #1389
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2008
York, somewhere else in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdrewes View Post
Thanks for clarifying that a bit. The relationship between a movie and the history it draws from, should be discussed. It's just the constraints of the written word and online forums that made your initial post to be a bit vague.

(Un)Regrettably I'll be seeing this on Tuesday, but it seems to be another knock against the film that it's just as drenched in xenophobia as the Taken series. I mean cone on Chernobyl is like 700 kM away from Moscow anyways.
And they drive there in just a few hours.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:08 AM   #1390
Power Member

Mar 2009

Another disappointment from Skip Woods, who has never lived up to his debut, fun little crime film Thursday. God knows what the Kane and Lynch film will be like. Meanwhile, write your own Die Hard 6

Die Hard 6: Well Hard.

McClane in London uncovers the fiendish plot by Prime Minister David Cameron (Alan Ford, whose ability with colourful language guarantees the coveted R Rating) to contaminate hamburgers with horsemeat thus bankrupting McDonalds and leaving the way open for a global empire of jellied eel stalls. McClane fights off a deadly Pearly King played by Jet Li and a homicidal Widow Twankey (Ian McKellen). No car chase because of the congestion charge so Prince Harry (Ray Winstone) transports McClane by helicopter to Cameron's lair, a pie and mash shop at the top of the London Eye which becomes dislodged in the battle, rolling into the Thames where McClane comes under attack from trained killer eels. The London Eye crashes into Parliament during the State Opening. McClane seizes the staff from Black Rod and defeats Cameron who is armed with the Mace. Last minute surprise in the form of The Lord Speaker of the House of Lords (Vinnie Jones) attempting to steal the Crown Jewels. Queen Elizabeth (Angelina Jolie) knights McClane and gives him Surrey and Pippa Middleton
"There's nothing wrong with Britain that impaling the Prime Minister wouldn't cure"
Old 02-18-2013, 08:17 AM   #1391
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada

One of 2 things needs to happen:

Either Die Hard dies here and now or FOX gets a top notch writer/director for Die Hard 6 to end the series on a high note. And that will be that, no more sequels or a remake.

Gets so embarrassing to see a classic action film from the 80s become one of those endless movie franchises. Why couldn't it have just been Die Hard (1988). That way people wouldn't roll their eyes when you call Die Hard a classic. I say this even though I really like Die Hard 3.

Last edited by spanky87; 02-18-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:26 AM   #1392
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Port Moody, BC

82 votes so far and NO 5-star votes.

Glad I caught up with Silver Linings Playbook instead.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:25 AM   #1393
Special Member

Feb 2011
London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieKing101 View Post
You need to watch more movies.
This is true. I do forget that many of the members here probably haven't seen many of the classics, so they probably don't have much to compare modern films to.

I grew up watching movies from Hollywood's Second Golden Age, the 70s, when mainstream thrillers didn't require you to turn your brain off, by and large. That makes it very difficult to be satisfied with what's offered up today. Of course, there were very few "action" films in those days ie films in which the destructive setpieces are everything - Bond was pretty much the only game in town. But I'd maintain that that wasn't a bad thing. Without decent plot and characterisation, no amount of action can be very thrilling.

When people can give a film a pass purely on the thunderousness of the soundtrack, we're pretty much lost.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #1394
Power Member

Oct 2007
Dunsfold

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky87 View Post
One of 2 things needs to happen:
Either Die Hard dies here and now or FOX gets a top notch writer/director for Die Hard 6 to end the series on a high note. And that will be that, no more sequels or a remake.
Die hard 1 and 3 Director John McTiernan should be out prison by the time DH6 is ready to go into production, so i'd re-hire him, as he isn't going to be able to get a job directing traffic after his legal problems.

The idea of passing the torch by having a named action star like Vin Deisel or Dwayne Johnson teaming up with Willis for the 6th film would be dynamite. Reboot and sequel in one.
Samsung 3D F6800 40". PS4. 80 Gig PS3. Technika BRSS10 multi-region BD player.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #1395
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildWhelk View Post
Die hard 1 and 3 Director John McTiernan should be out prison by the time DH6 is ready to go into production, so i'd re-hire him, as he isn't going to be able to get a job directing traffic after his legal problems.

The idea of passing the torch by having a named action star like Vin Deisel or Dwayne Johnson teaming up with Willis for the 6th film would be dynamite. Reboot and sequel in one.
If they are going to pass the torch for the die hard series, it will go to John McClane's son character. So, Jai Courtney will end up being the new face of die hard, IF they actually plan to do that.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #1396
Power Member

Oct 2007
Dunsfold

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsung122212 View Post
If they are going to pass the torch for the die hard series, it will go to John McClane's son character. So, Jai Courtney will end up being the new face of die hard, IF they actually plan to do that.
I'd rather they didn't, as unlike Bruce Willis when he appeared in DH1, i've never heard of Jai Courtney before. A named action star is the only way to go with the series, and there are plenty of them around. Even Jason Statham would be a good choice. Die Hard in London Tahn!
Old 02-18-2013, 10:52 AM   #1397
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
India

Quote:
I'd rather they didn't, as unlike Bruce Willis when he appeared in DH1, i've never heard of Jai Courtney before. A named action star is the only way to go with the series, and there are plenty of them around. Even Jason Statham would be a good choice. Die Hard in London Tahn!
Statham's action is too 'clean' for Die Hard.
LG 55 Inch LM6700 Passive 3D TV
Sony 5.1 HTIB, Sony 32 Inch LCD TV
Optoma HD67 Active 3D Projector With 160 Inch Screen
Nvidia 3D Vision
7.1 Polk Audio System (6 Towers)
Onkyo HT-Rc270 receiver
Old 02-18-2013, 10:56 AM   #1398
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2012

Quote:
I agree with you, but I don't see the studio moving away from the McClane family. I want them to just build new character that has no ties to the McClane family, but is able to embody the essence of what type of character causes a film to feel like a die hard film.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:03 AM   #1399
Power Member

Oct 2007
Dunsfold

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsung122212 View Post
I agree with you, but I don't see the studio moving away from the McClane family. I want them to just build new character that has no ties to the McClane family, but is able to embody the essence of what type of character causes a film to feel like a die hard film.
If that's the case, then they have dropped the ball badly with DH5. They could have had a named actor in his late 20's or 30's as Jack McClane. Heck, i would have gone with a fan-favourite actor like Jensen Ackles.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #1400
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
India

Quote:
If that's the case, then they have dropped the ball badly with DH5. They could have had a named actor in his late 20's or 30's as Jack McClane. Heck, i would have gone with a fan-favourite actor like Jensen Ackles.
Ackles would have been awesome! Especially with the McClane style wisecracks . He does it naturally in Supernatural anyway.
LG 55 Inch LM6700 Passive 3D TV
Sony 5.1 HTIB, Sony 32 Inch LCD TV
Optoma HD67 Active 3D Projector With 160 Inch Screen
Nvidia 3D Vision
7.1 Polk Audio System (6 Towers)
Onkyo HT-Rc270 receiver
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies