COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Fargo: Season One (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$80.76
Defiance: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$37.99
Stargate: The Ark of Truth / Continuum (Blu-ray)
$16.19
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Titanic 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.98
Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Megamind 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.70
The Legend of Korra - Book One: Air (Blu-ray)
$14.22
The Ring (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Cold in July (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Captain America: The First Avenger (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Congo (Blu-ray)
$10.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > Plasma TVs

Old 01-30-2013, 01:03 AM   #361
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
That entertainment center is absolutely gorgeous. It'll make any home look extravagant. A piece of furniture like that, you'll never have to worry replacing it. It will last a lifetime. The entertainment center will come fully assembled, upon delivery.
when you have 6 cats who love wood furniture it won't last that long
Old 01-31-2013, 01:36 AM   #362
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2008
Calgary, Alberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondosinatra View Post
I'll have to look for the manual.....didn't think whatever was available back when it was released would still be around today.
Actually I just looked through the manual and don't see a reference to what type of wall mount to use.

Can anyone help me?
Modern
Pioneer Kuro PDP-5020FD TV
Pioneer BDP-23FD Blu-Ray
Pioneer SC-67 Receiver
Old School
Sony KD-34XS955 TV
Pioneer HLD-X9 Laserdisc Player
Old 01-31-2013, 01:47 AM   #363
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2008
Calgary, Alberta

Quote:
Actually I just looked through the manual and don't see a reference to what type of wall mount to use.

Can anyone help me?
Actually Googling led me to Sanus. Checking their website shows the LL22 is compatible. Anyone used these mounts with their Kuros? Likes? Dislikes? Things to watch for?
Modern
Pioneer Kuro PDP-5020FD TV
Pioneer BDP-23FD Blu-Ray
Pioneer SC-67 Receiver
Old School
Sony KD-34XS955 TV
Pioneer HLD-X9 Laserdisc Player
Old 02-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #364
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Trapped on the Death Star

Its a sad day in my house. Turned on the KRP600m this morning and theres a thin green strip running from the top of the screen to the middle of the screen. From the little research I've done it looks like its unfixable. So sad because I love this tv and have not seen any others that compare. And I can't even afford a new one now. The green strip is not very big and doesnt show all the time, but when it does it's very distracting.
"You might not be able to fight like a samurai, but you can at least die like a samurai." O-Ren Ishii
Old 02-16-2013, 09:26 PM   #365

Nov 2009
Scarsdale, NY

Sorry to here that. Sounds like a row of stuck or dead pixels.

Where do you live?

-Robert
VE Advanced a/v Technology Dealer
Old 02-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #366

Oct 2007

Quote:
Actually Googling led me to Sanus. Checking their website shows the LL22 is compatible. Anyone used these mounts with their Kuros? Likes? Dislikes? Things to watch for?
I use the sanus to mount my 151 to my wall very solid strong piece easy to work with mine came with 2 sets of hangers one close mount which i used and one tilting up down mount which extends the distance from the wall but a cool feature if needed
just recently moved mine to my bedroom pics in my gallery if you'd like to see how it looks
Bed Room h/t:
Onkyo TX NR636 a/v receiver Samsung UN 55 FH6030 Onkyo 5.1 speaker package sks ht 750
Polk Audio psw 505 Ps4 FIOS Tv

Living Room h/t:
Pioneer Kuro 151fd Ps3 Pioneer Elite Sc-07 Emotiva xpa-5 Definitive STS system Polk Audio psw 505 FIOS Tv
Old 02-16-2013, 10:26 PM   #367

May 2008
Long Island

Unfortunately had a little moving accident and I am in need for a new Stand for my Pioneer Kuro Elite 151fd. Does anyone have a stand for a Pioneer Kuro 151fd that they would like to sell?
Downstairs Home Theater - Pioneer 151FD Elite Plasma, Denon AVR 4308CI, Axiom M60 Fronts, (4) Axiom QS8's Sides & Rear Surrounds, Axiom VP160 Center, Axiom EP500 Sub, HSU VTF 3 MK 2Sub, Oppo BDP-83 Blu Ray, Samsung BD-UP5000 Blu/HD DVD, Tivo Premier XL 4 DVR

Upstairs Music/Home Theater - Toshiba 32" LCD, Denon AVR 4802R, Aperion Verus Grand Towers, Aperion Verus Grand Center, Sony BDP S1 Blu ray, Toshiba SD-4960 DVD Audio/SACD, Technics SL-D30 TT
Old 02-16-2013, 11:23 PM   #368
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007
Miami, FL
Send a message via AIM to JJ Send a message via Yahoo to JJ Send a message via Skype™ to JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasteddie516 View Post
Unfortunately had a little moving accident and I am in need for a new Stand for my Pioneer Kuro Elite 151fd. Does anyone have a stand for a Pioneer Kuro 151fd that they would like to sell?
They should have them over on eBay. When my ex accidentally discarded mine in moving, I went and bought one on eBay. I can't recall how much I paid, I think $50?
- Orbis non Sufficit
================

Sonus Faber Venere - Epik Empire
Panasonic 65ZT60 - Emotiva XPA-3
Pioneer Elite VSX-03 - Pioneer Elite DV-48 - Sony S790
Old 02-17-2013, 12:46 AM   #369
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Trapped on the Death Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Zohn View Post
Sorry to here that. Sounds like a row of stuck or dead pixels.

Where do you live?

-Robert
North Carolina. From what I've read its probably the connection from the ribbon to the panel coming loose. I know the pixels arent stuck or dead because they do change. Sometimes the line will be visible and sometimes it wont. Its on all inputs so it has to be the panel.
"You might not be able to fight like a samurai, but you can at least die like a samurai." O-Ren Ishii
Old 02-18-2013, 04:05 AM   #370
Suspended

Jan 2012
Wherever I am right now.
Default Should I pull the trigger on a used Kuro?

Quick question for those that own/have owned a Kuro. What is a decent price for a used one? I'm not sure of the model #'s, but they are 50" Pioneer Kuro Plasmas. I've been checking Craigslist for the past few months about once a week and now today there are three listings on there. One guy knows it's an awesome tv and wants no less than $700, the other post is really vague and he wants $800 OBO, and the third includes a speaker set up and just says make an offer. I know these tvs are awesome and all I care about is picture quality, but I'm just not sure if these are decent prices or if I should buy one not knowing how many hours it's been on. Any thoughts?
Old 02-18-2013, 04:20 AM   #371
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2009
The Great NorthWest

Bruisermoore,That seems pretty cheap . I think I'd be worried if it was a scam or that they have issues .
H1,Pioneer Kuro PDP-6020FD,Oppo 103,Integra DHC-80.3 Pre/pro, Parasound Halo A52.Power conditioners Panamax M5100-PM & Furman Elite 21PFi , SVS-PB13 Ultra & SVS-PB12 Plus : )Klipsch Reference RF7II's,RC64II ,SR Def tech 450's,Speaker cable Monster bi-wire z2 series and Analysis Super oval 9 ; ) ,HDMI AudioQuest Cinnamon.Interconnects Transparent,King Cobra and Diamond Back XLR's .2ch setup Dynaudio 160s/NAD 356bee/ Halo A21 http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gal...mber=TheFactor
Old 02-18-2013, 04:31 AM   #372
Suspended

Jan 2012
Wherever I am right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post
Bruisermoore,That seems pretty cheap . I think I'd be worried if it was a scam or that they have issues .
Yeah, I saw one on there about a month ago for $500 but it had been sold by the time I called about it. The problem with these three is that they are all about an hour away from me, so it would take some travel time if I wanted to go check them each out before deciding. Two had pictures, but it's hard to tell anything at all from pics really. I thought these were probably decent prices though. I would rather grab one of these for 700-800 than spend 3000+ on the new ZT and the picture quality be almost the same.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:40 AM   #373
Suspended

Jan 2012
Wherever I am right now.

How much should I offer for this?

50 inch Pioneer Kuro Plasma Tv, Adcom GFR 700 HD receiver, Paradigm Speakers Model 11SEMK3, Klipsch 435 Watt sub. All mint condition and in a non-smoking home. Make and offer

That's one of the listings, it has a pic and everything looks to be in good shape.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:04 AM   #374
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2009
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruisermoore View Post
Quick question for those that own/have owned a Kuro. What is a decent price for a used one? I'm not sure of the model #'s, but they are 50" Pioneer Kuro Plasmas. I've been checking Craigslist for the past few months about once a week and now today there are three listings on there. One guy knows it's an awesome tv and wants no less than $700, the other post is really vague and he wants $800 OBO, and the third includes a speaker set up and just says make an offer. I know these tvs are awesome and all I care about is picture quality, but I'm just not sure if these are decent prices or if I should buy one not knowing how many hours it's been on. Any thoughts?
First of all, why do you want to buy an obsolete HDTV, that's been discontinued for 5 years, and the replacement parts are no longer being manufactured, in case if a problem occurs with the TV. And there are no resources to obtain parts anymore, even from the manufacturer? This is something you seriously should think about!

Last edited by slimdude; 02-24-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:09 AM   #375
Suspended

Jan 2012
Wherever I am right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
First of all, why do you want to buy an obsolete HDTV, that's been discontinued for 5 years, and the parts are no longer being manufactured, in case if a technical problem occurs with the TV. And there no resourses to obtain parts anymore, even from the manufacturer? This is something you seriously should think about!
I'm interested in it because from what I can tell, nobody has been able to put out a better looking plasma since they stopped making the Kuro. I'm asking for input because I don't know much about them other than that. I agree with you, it would be a big gamble and that's why I want to know what experienced Kuro owners think. Thank you for your input as well, I really appreciate it.

Also, if Panasonic is still trying to show what their 2013 top of the line ZT series Plasma can do but pitting it head-to-head with this, as you said, "obsolete HDTV", then obviously the picture quality is still the best out there.

Last edited by Bruisermoore; 02-18-2013 at 05:14 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:13 AM   #376
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2009
The Great NorthWest

Quote:
Yeah, I saw one on there about a month ago for $500 but it had been sold by the time I called about it. The problem with these three is that they are all about an hour away from me, so it would take some travel time if I wanted to go check them each out before deciding. Two had pictures, but it's hard to tell anything at all from pics really. I thought these were probably decent prices though. I would rather grab one of these for 700-800 than spend 3000+ on the new ZT and the picture quality be almost the same.
It just dosent make sense why someone would have one of best performing displays to date that probably payed 3000 dollars plus for it and sell it for a fraction of the price . When they can't duplicate it for anywhere near what there selling it for . Unless there's issues with it ?
H1,Pioneer Kuro PDP-6020FD,Oppo 103,Integra DHC-80.3 Pre/pro, Parasound Halo A52.Power conditioners Panamax M5100-PM & Furman Elite 21PFi , SVS-PB13 Ultra & SVS-PB12 Plus : )Klipsch Reference RF7II's,RC64II ,SR Def tech 450's,Speaker cable Monster bi-wire z2 series and Analysis Super oval 9 ; ) ,HDMI AudioQuest Cinnamon.Interconnects Transparent,King Cobra and Diamond Back XLR's .2ch setup Dynaudio 160s/NAD 356bee/ Halo A21 http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gal...mber=TheFactor
Old 02-18-2013, 05:18 AM   #377
Suspended

Jan 2012
Wherever I am right now.

Quote:
It just dosent make sense why someone would have one of best performing displays to date that probably payed 3000 dollars plus for it and sell it for a fraction of the price . When they can't duplicate it for anywhere near what there selling it for . Unless there's issues with it ?
I agree. One of the sellers lives close by so hopefully I can set up a time when I can check it out. He's the one that wants $800 OBO, he says he's moving out of state and can't take it with him. The listing for $700 firm is gone already, it was there a couple of hours ago. I guess it won't hurt to go check it out.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:20 AM   #378
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2009
The Great NorthWest

Quote:
I'm interested in it because from what I can tell, nobody has been able to put out a better looking plasma since they stopped making the Kuro. I'm asking for input because I don't know much about them other than that. I agree with you, it would be a big gamble and that's why I want to know what experienced Kuro owners think. Thank you for your input as well, I really appreciate it.

Also, if Panasonic is still trying to show what their 2013 top of the line ZT series Plasma can do but pitting it head-to-head with this, as you said, "obsolete HDTV", then obviously the picture quality is still the best out there.
Also some have a very annoying buzz I've read so that would be something to look out for . I've been fortunate knock on wood mine is whisper quiet and performs flawlessly and feel fortunate to have enjoyed my Kuro as long as I have with no issues. This display is incredible !!! the Blacks are the best I've ever viewed and I havent had it recalibrated in years .

Last edited by TheFactor; 02-18-2013 at 05:22 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:23 AM   #379
Suspended

Jan 2012
Wherever I am right now.

Quote:
Also some have a very annoying buzz I've read so that would be something to look out for . I've been fortunate knock on wood mine is whisper quiet and performs flawlessly and feel fortunate to have enjoyed my Kuro as long as I have with no issues. This display is incredible !!! the Blacks are the best I've ever viewed and I have t had it recalibrated in years .
Yeah, I was just looking at you HT Gallery and even in the pictures, the display looks incredible. Awesome HT all around man! Thanks so much for the advice and what to look out for, I really do appreciate it.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:25 AM   #380
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2009
The Great NorthWest

Quote:
I agree. One of the sellers lives close by so hopefully I can set up a time when I can check it out. He's the one that wants $800 OBO, he says he's moving out of state and can't take it with him. The listing for $700 firm is gone already, it was there a couple of hours ago. I guess it won't hurt to go check it out.
That makes more sense if the seller is moving and can't take it with him. But I still would be very cautious . Spend as much time as you can viewing it , also look for dead pixels and that buzz I mentioned .
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > Plasma TVs