COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$102.49
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$23.49
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$179.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Veep: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$20.99
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Brick Mansions (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Masters of Sex: Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.49
Batman: Assault on Arkham (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Showdown (Blu-ray)
$37.95
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$44.96
Stalingrad 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.49
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Lucy (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Earth From Above: Stunning Water (Blu-ray)
$9.95
Sabrina (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Prom Night (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Construction

Old 02-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #21

Jan 2013

Absolutly, It's exciting! Working from scratch theres alot of possibilities. I've really tried to think out and plan what would be best for us for the complete use of space aswell as what a future buyer would be happy with If I sold the house in 10 years.

I Just picked up a few Large Poster Frames and some smaller 8x10 and 11x14 frames to fill the walls with. I've Been going over artwork and picked up a few Posters off Ebay. I was going to print a few pics off for the smaller frames, Got 3 done and now my printer say's F'U' Buddy for recognizing the ink cartridge. So I have a new one coming in from Staples... But I may just print off what I want at Walmart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylopez View Post
This is amazing. Looks like this theater set up will be a dream come true. Keeps us up to date on how this is turning out please.

Last edited by Blackshield; 02-18-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:04 PM   #22

Sep 2006
Alberta

Nice work!
Are you doing a subfloor? I know it ain't cheap but in our climate it is well worth it especially if you are laying down something other than carpet.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #23

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4K display View Post
Nice work!
Are you doing a subfloor? I know it ain't cheap but in our climate it is well worth it especially if you are laying down something other than carpet.
I was going to because I was originally going to do a rubber matting kinda floor for the exercise area, but then we decided to carpet the whole thing in case of resale we figured it might show better and also work well for a home office setup later on... So after talking to people I was a little concerned that if we had any kind of flooding that the sub floor would hide it and cause more damage in the long run. However we are getting a thick pile and heavy underlay so the temp should be fairly good all year round
Old 02-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #24

Jan 2013

Did a Popcorn ceiling yesterday, At first I wan't sure it was going to turn out very good but I went down today after it's dried and it turned out great. amazing what $40 in mud and a sprayer rental can do.

Finished cleaning the walls off from my incredible mess; and Fixed up some of the drywall joints that needed a bit more mud to smooth out. I need to fix my riser before doing anything else and then hopefully I can get all the painting done this weekend.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:04 AM   #25
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshield View Post
Did a Popcorn ceiling yesterday, At first I wan't sure it was going to turn out very good but I went down today after it's dried and it turned out great. amazing what $40 in mud and a sprayer rental can do.

Finished cleaning the walls off from my incredible mess; and Fixed up some of the drywall joints that needed a bit more mud to smooth out. I need to fix my riser before doing anything else and then hopefully I can get all the painting done this weekend.
Come on, don't make us beg... pictures please
Old 02-20-2013, 02:41 AM   #26

Jan 2013

These are 24x36 Posters I've Ordered, I will also be doing a series of 8x10 and 11x14 frames mixed in.......

Last edited by Blackshield; 02-20-2013 at 02:51 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:45 AM   #27

Jan 2013

Riser reinforcing....

Carpet Selection

Paint Selection

36" Dry Bar Cabinet will have a 60" Granite Slab on top with a mini fridge next to it

Old 02-20-2013, 02:49 AM   #28

Jan 2013

Old 02-20-2013, 03:12 AM   #29

Sep 2006
Alberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshield View Post
I was going to because I was originally going to do a rubber matting kinda floor for the exercise area, but then we decided to carpet the whole thing in case of resale we figured it might show better and also work well for a home office setup later on... So after talking to people I was a little concerned that if we had any kind of flooding that the sub floor would hide it and cause more damage in the long run. However we are getting a thick pile and heavy underlay so the temp should be fairly good all year round
Nice choice, should be cozy in the winter and cool in the summer, perfect. You may have a hard time leaving the basement, I know I would.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:32 PM   #30
Power Member

May 2011
Earth

Nice job so far, looking really good. You might want to think about a 50 oz or higher carpet in a basement. Most contractors recommend this. Just a tip i wanted to share.
JVC DLA-X35B 3D Projector, Elunevisions Reference 92 inch 4K Tab-Tensioned, Goldenear Triton II's, Goldenear SCXL, Mirage OS1 X4, Mirage Nanosats Prestige X2, Monoprice 4102 in ceiling speakers X2, Power Sound Audio XS30 Dual Opposing 15 Inch Sealed Subwoofer, Onkyo TX-NR 818,Onkyo M-5010, Sony S790 , Belkin Pure AV PF30, Xbox 360 Elite, Onkyo C7030 CD Player, Hitachi 1 TB hard drive,Linksys PLK300,Nexus 7 Tablet.Sennheiser RS160 Earphones. Panasonic A410-32 LED TV. Sony PS4.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:34 AM   #31

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic_debauchery View Post
Nice job so far, looking really good. You might want to think about a 50 oz or higher carpet in a basement. Most contractors recommend this. Just a tip i wanted to share.
Thanks, The carpet I ordered is a 35oz stainmaster with a 10 year wear warranty. It has a fairly descent pile, and was the thickest I was willing to get since I have allergies.

Last edited by Blackshield; 02-21-2013 at 12:38 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #32
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010
Tulsa, OK (formally S. Wales)

I am very very envious of this project. I guess Basements are hard to come by here in Oklahoma or I would be doing the exact same thing as you!

Keep at man. It's coming along great!
Old 02-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #33

Jan 2013

Had a chance to get my speakers installed for 7.1 setup also some of the other stuff with the ceiling done; plus I finished off the riser. Just swept up and cleaned my mess. Ready to paint this weekend... I also picked up 200' of Baseboards and a closet door for the under the stairs area. Hopefully Lowes gets the carpet done early next week still waiting to here for a booking.....

Last edited by Blackshield; 02-21-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #34
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

You're moving at a really great pace... good for you man. I like the textured ceiling, if that was DIY then I think you did a great job.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #35

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler The Slag View Post
I am very very envious of this project. I guess Basements are hard to come by here in Oklahoma or I would be doing the exact same thing as you!

Keep at man. It's coming along great!
Thanks, where I am there isn't any house without a basement. alway's a weird thing when I visit my family in Arizona and California... Big houses but no basement.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #36

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by roar View Post
You're moving at a really great pace... good for you man. I like the textured ceiling, if that was DIY then I think you did a great job.
Yeah it was my first time doing it. like I mentioned earlier it was only $60 total for the mix and rental of the sprayer. I was covered in mixing compound. stuff get's everywhere. Before it dried I didn't think it was going to turn out well but now that it's cured I think it worked out.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:59 PM   #37

Jan 2013

Lowes just phoned and booked the carpet install for this Monday Feb 25th.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #38

Feb 2012
Plano, TX

Absolutely great progression. So wish I had a basement. Great job! Look forward to seeing more of your progress.
There are never failures, only challenges.

My newest addition: Sony BDP-s790 BluRay 3D 4K Player
Old 02-22-2013, 12:39 AM   #39

Jan 2013

Had a Busy day, got back from the Store from Picking up my new Canon Printer to Replace my Botched Epson that wont read ink so I can Print some Movie art in 8x10s amongst other things.

Also grabbed all my Paint for this weekend........

And When I showed up back at home my Monoprice Order was sitting waiting for me....

Last edited by Blackshield; 02-22-2013 at 04:13 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:25 PM   #40

Jan 2013

So I was able to get a lot done this weekend. got the majority of the painting done, installed most of the wall plates, I got the projector mounted. I'll need to fix up a bit around that glass.... The glass was 1/4" to big for my opening, either that or my opening was to small. Depends on how you look at it lol.. by the time I was done messing with it I decided to make it fit using thug method ( i.e. giant mallet ) I was also able to get the projector screen up, got my tv wall mounted for the workout area. The carpet is going in today if Lowes shows up anytime soon, 8-10am and it's 9:35am. just like the cable company. glad I got up super early on a day I'm off.

Swapped out a single light for this 3 light vanity set, thought it was a little more stylish and brighter for the stairway

used 25watt bulbs in the two lights that will sit behind the chairs to provide a low level of ambient lighting in case I don't want to be completely in the dark without being overpowering to the room.

I was able to find the glass I used for separating the two rooms from a reclaim building store for $30. I wasn't sure I liked the lined frosted area's when I was looking but it works I think.

I am going to be putting a white casing around both the glass area and around the media rack.

Wired in My 7.1, Glad I went with a full plate. Originally I was just going to feed all the wiring in threw an open plate and be lazy..

Giant 60" 250lb slab of granite waiting for the Cabinet to sit on and hopefully never move again lol....

Last edited by Blackshield; 02-25-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Construction