Best Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$48.97
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.99
Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
The Maze Runner (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Rocky: Heavyweight Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
White Christmas (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist (Blu-ray)
$17.29
If I Stay (Blu-ray)
$19.96
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 02-18-2013, 07:11 AM   #1

Jul 2011
Columbus,Ohio
Default Lets talk AntiCables...:)

I wanted to share my experience with these great cables made by Paul Speltz.I like a lot of others never believed in cable having a certain sound...I thought it was all bull.About a year ago I purchased my first set of really good towers the definitive 8060-st's.I also purchased some 16 AWG monster wire for them.Upon hooking everything up the sound wasn't right and it seemed lacking.After a few days of messing I went to home depot and bought 14 AWG GE pro wire.This wire was great compared to my monster I was satisfied. Being the tweaker I am I still experimented with other wire.Next was 12 AWG mono price wire.Again I thought it was pretty good but was still lacking in some way I couldn't explain.Doing more research I decided to try solid core wire.The wire I tried was Cerro 14-3 solid core from home depot...has a black,white and ground in PVC.Like the other wire I tried I noticed a difference but still seemed lacking to my ears.Now comes more research and me finding the AniCables from Paul Speltz.Without going into crazy detail about them I have been using them over a week now and let me tell you these cables are fantastic.They don't add or subtract anything they just offer a super clean signal from amp to speakers.I hear so many micro details I've never noticed in both movies and music.There isn't any smear or distortion that was there before with all the other cables I've used...its very easy to tell this having A B the other wire.If anyone has used them share your thoughts...if not you really should try them in your system.They offer a 30 day trial so you don't lose anything.I really feel the emotion in music now where as before I would skip songs like crazy but really didn't know why I was...I do now...

Cheers,
Josh
Deftech 8060-ST Towers-8060-CS center and 2 Pro Monitor 800's....Doin What I Do Best...LIVIN!

Last edited by crazyBLUE; 02-19-2013 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Removed link

Old 02-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2009
New York

[quote=josh6113;7160334]I wanted to share my experience with these great cables made by Paul Speltz.I like a lot of others never believed in cable having a certain sound...I thought it was all bull.About a year ago I purchased my first set of really good towers the definitive 8060-st's.I also purchased some 16 AWG monster wire for them.Upon hooking everything up the sound wasn't right and it seemed lacking.After a few days of messing I went to home depot and bought 14 AWG GE pro wire.This wire was great compared to my monster I was satisfied. Being the tweaker I am I still experimented with other wire.Next was 12 AWG mono price wire.Again I thought it was pretty good but was still lacking in some way I couldn't explain.Doing more research I decided to try solid core wire.The wire I tried was Cerro 14-3 solid core from home depot...has a black,white and ground in PVC.Like the other wire I tried I noticed a difference but still seemed lacking to my ears.Now comes more research and me finding the AniCables from Paul Speltz.Without going into crazy detail about them I have been using them over a week now and let me tell you these cables are fantastic.They don't add or subtract anything they just offer a super clean signal from amp to speakers.I hear so many micro details I've never noticed in both movies and music.There isn't any smear or distortion that was there before with all the other cables I've used...its very easy to tell this having A B the other wire.If anyone has used them share your thoughts...if not you really should try them in your system.They offer a 30 day trial so you don't lose anything.I really feel the emotion in music now where as before I would skip songs like crazy but really didn't know why I was...I do now...

Cheers,
Josh

As I'm always searching for better sound, I would love to believe you, but it's almost impossible for the cables to make the kind of difference you are describing, even in analog. I have to believe that what you're hearing is psychological. My bet is that you couldn't pass a blind A-B test.
loose="not tight", lose="can't find it, doesn't have anymore" or the opposite of "win".
their="belongs to", there="place", they're="they are", there's = "there is"
it's="it is", for everything else use "its"
then="after", than="compared with"
"a lot" not "alot"

A Guide to Spelling and Punctuation

Last edited by crazyBLUE; 02-19-2013 at 10:06 AM. Reason: same in quote

Old 02-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #3

Aug 2012

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoetmb View Post
as i'm always searching for better sound, i would love to believe you, but it's almost impossible for the cables to make the kind of difference you are describing, even in analog. I have to believe that what you're hearing is psychological. My bet is that you couldn't pass a blind a-b test.
Paradigm Studio 100's V5 Piano Gloss
, CC-690, S5 Surrounds,Yamaha RX-A2000 AVR,Emotiva XPA-5 Amp
MIT Terminator 2 Speaker Cables HUGE DIFFERENCE
Panasonic TC-P60S30,2 Jamo A3sub.3
Technics SL-1200MK2PK/Ortofon 2M Blue
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon/Ortofon 2M Red
Pro-Ject Phono Box S
Belikn PF-60,Belkin PF-30,Panasonic BDT100

Old 02-18-2013, 11:45 PM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009
jO-hio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoetMB View Post
As I'm always searching for better sound, I would love to believe you, but it's almost impossible for the cables to make the kind of difference you are describing, even in analog. I have to believe that what you're hearing is psychological. My bet is that you couldn't pass a blind A-B test.
I was curious how it went from:

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh6113 View Post
Upon hooking everything up the sound wasn't right and it seemed lacking

Again I thought it was pretty good but was still lacking in some way I couldn't explain.

Like the other wire I tried I noticed a difference but still seemed lacking to my ears.
To this:

Quote:
Without going into crazy detail about them I have been using them over a week now and let me tell you these cables are fantastic.
Without this:

Quote:
They don't add or subtract anything they just offer a super clean signal from amp to speakers.
I am guessing by the time you made it to the pair you have now you WANTED to hear a difference and I am honestly surprised no one has roasted the thread on AVS.

Everyone spends their money differently so as long as you are happy then pay no attention to the rest of us

Bill
Wives and toddlers...can't live with them and people notice them missing.
Proud Member of CAA: Chronic Adjusters Anonymous

Old 02-18-2013, 11:47 PM   #5

Jul 2011
Columbus,Ohio

Without a long drawn out response...try the cables for 2 weeks yourself and do your own A B tests as I have...I think you may surprise yourself......thanks for the response.
Deftech 8060-ST Towers-8060-CS center and 2 Pro Monitor 800's....Doin What I Do Best...LIVIN!

Old 02-18-2013, 11:54 PM   #6

Jul 2011
Columbus,Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFattBill View Post
I was curious how it went from:

To this:

Without this:

I am guessing by the time you made it to the pair you have now you WANTED to hear a difference and I am honestly surprised no one has roasted the thread on AVS.

Everyone spends their money differently so as long as you are happy then pay no attention to the rest of us

Bill
I was trying to explain the best I could of my trials with different wire...and I explained in my post that the Anti cables don't have a sonic signature like the other wire did.I heard this after doing comparisons with my other wire.Also quoting me out of context to support your post doesn't make sense...

Old 02-18-2013, 11:59 PM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009
jO-hio

Quote:
Without a long drawn out response...try the cables for 2 weeks yourself and do your own A B tests as I have...I think you may surprise yourself......thanks for the response.
No need, the $10 I have invested in my L/R cables from Emofest work fine, actually the work just the same as both types of Monoprice cables and Monster cable I have used as well as the various banana plugs I have gone through for different reasons.

Bill

Old 02-19-2013, 12:07 AM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009
jO-hio

Quote:
Also quoting me out of context to support your post doesn't make sense...
I quoted the important parts which anyone sitting at a keyboard for more than 30 seconds can figure out. I didn't feel the need to quote the entire post which is basically saying "I tried all of these cables but I didn't hear a difference, I wanted too real bad but didn't....until I tried THESE and then I heard what I KNEW must be missing".

Also FWIW I don't need to support my case I am not the one "selling" anything

Bill

Old 02-19-2013, 12:07 AM   #9

Jul 2011
Columbus,Ohio

Quote:
No need, the $10 I have invested in my L/R cables from Emofest work fine, actually the work just the same as both types of Monoprice cables and Monster cable I have used as well as the various banana plugs I have gone through for different reasons.

Bill
...since you are stern on nothing can be better than what you have...without trying the Anti cable in your own system...how can you possibly have an opinion on what I'm hearing is in my head?...I've done my own testing and what I hear over all other cable I've tried is an incredibly clean and clear signal that's doesn't smear or distort the signal like the other cables have shown to do via my own tests.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:09 AM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009
jO-hio

Quote:
...since you are stern on nothing can be better than what you have...without trying the Anti cable in your own system...how can you possibly have an opinion on what I'm hearing is in my head?...I've done my own testing and what I hear over all other cable I've tried is an incredibly clean and clear signal that's doesn't smear or distort the signal like the other cables have shown to do via my own tests.
Again I am happy for you but in that case why stop at Anticable why not try some more exotics cables? I mean they must be better right?

Bill

Old 02-19-2013, 12:11 AM   #11

Jul 2011
Columbus,Ohio

Quote:
I quoted the important parts which anyone sitting at a keyboard for more than 30 seconds can figure out. I didn't feel the need to quote the entire post which is basically saying "I tried all of these cables but I didn't hear a difference, I wanted too real bad but didn't....until I tried THESE and then I heard what I KNEW must be missing".

Also FWIW I don't need to support my case I am not the one "selling" anything

Bill
You didn't read my post did you?...I clearly said from every cable I tried I heard slight differences between them but couldn't pinpoint the differences...I did notice from cable to cable either the treble was noticibly more focused and edgy or bass was pronounced and not clean.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:12 AM   #12

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

Quote:
Again I am happy for you but in that case why stop at Anticable why not try some more exotics cables? I mean they must be better right?

Bill
Good point Bill
Brent

A Projector and Sound System with a Blu-ray ~ Priceless.........

Old 02-19-2013, 12:12 AM   #13

Aug 2012

How much do anticables cost, start at?

Quote:
Pro-Ject Phono Box S

Old 02-19-2013, 12:14 AM   #14

Jul 2011
Columbus,Ohio

Quote:

Bill
Read the testimonials on the Anti cable website from actual users....for one I don't have 100's or 1000's to use at my disposal to experiment... But a 140 dollar test for a Sterio pair with 30 days to try...that is doable...

Last edited by josh6113; 02-19-2013 at 12:17 AM.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:15 AM   #15

Jul 2011
Columbus,Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhayman View Post
How much do anticables cost, start at?
6 dollars a foot

Old 02-19-2013, 12:19 AM   #16

Aug 2012

Well that's not to bad at all..
very reasonable compared to others..
Worth a try if you have the extra $$ in my book..

Quote:
6 dollars a foot
Pro-Ject Phono Box S

Old 02-19-2013, 12:23 AM   #17

Jul 2011
Columbus,Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhayman View Post
Well that's not to bad at all..
very reasonable compared to others..
Worth a try if you have the extra $$ in my book..
That's why I tried them...not overpriced and the benefits they yield compared to price is great.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:45 AM   #18
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2008
Riverside, CA

josh, be happy. and good for you.
Video: Panasonic 55" P55ST50, Oppo BDP-103
Amplification: Integra DTR-40.2, Naim Nait XS-2 Integrated Amp
2-CH: Jolida FX Tube DAC, MacBook Pro, Audirvana Music Software
Speakers: Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210 C, DM 2/6
Subwoofer:
Hsu VTF-2 MK4, Auralex Subriser

Old 02-19-2013, 12:50 AM   #19

Jul 2011
Columbus,Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
josh, be happy. and good for you.
I'm more surprised than anything...but happy is sure one of my emotions......right now I'm going to chill with a few bud ice talls and watch The chronicles of Riddick...

Last edited by josh6113; 02-19-2013 at 12:52 AM.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:03 AM   #20

Dec 2009

Quote:
I'm more surprised than anything...but happy is sure one of my emotions......right now I'm going to chill with a few bud ice talls and watch The chronicles of Riddick...
If you want to hear audible improvement, alcohol is the single greatest contribution that you can make to your system.

AJ

Closed Thread
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Audio Theory and Discussion