COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Other Woman (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
The Allman Brothers Band: The 1971 Fillmore East Recordings (Blu-ray)
$68.86
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Fargo: Season One (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Sons of Anarchy: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Babette's Feast (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Armored Attack! (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ace in the Hole (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Love Streams (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Okami-San & Her Seven Companions: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.78
Moms' Night Out (Blu-ray)
$16.99
True Romance (Blu-ray)
$4.75
HD Aviation: 100 Years of Flight (Blu-ray)
$11.68
Only Lovers Left Alive (Blu-ray)
$23.59
The Musketeers: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders

Old 02-17-2013, 06:40 PM   #1821
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimforsilence View Post
I'm a mac user so I have no way of formatting anything in NTFS as thats not a apple file system. I don't use BD Live, it's currently turned off. I'm just having this weird issue where I plug a drive in to watch whats on it, but the player formats the drive. I really don't understand how it's doing this. I'm at the Home menu of my 93, I plug the drive in the front. And boom, everything erased... its confusing..
Try another brand or model of USB stick in case there is a incompatibility issue. Some flash memory have a physical write protect switch on the side that prevents the USB drive from being erased. Also contact OPPO for help, maybe there is a hardware problem with the OPPO unit you own and it needs to be repaired since one of the integrated circuits might be stuck in the erase mode. Also try installing the latest firmware update to see if the problem goes away.

Last edited by HDTV1080P; 02-17-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #1822
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

Quote:
I'm a mac user so I have no way of formatting anything in NTFS as thats not a apple file system. I don't use BD Live, it's currently turned off. I'm just having this weird issue where I plug a drive in to watch whats on it, but the player formats the drive. I really don't understand how it's doing this. I'm at the Home menu of my 93, I plug the drive in the front. And boom, everything erased... its confusing..
Maybe try this?

http://apple.stackexchange.com/quest...fs-and-macfuse
Old 02-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #1823
Special Member

Sep 2009
SF Bay area - Oppo Beta Tester

Quote:
I'd first verify that the flash drive is any good by formatting it fat 32 via the Mac with files, then eject properly (drag to trash) from the Mac, and then reinsert the flash drive and verify it still shows your content.

Plugging a USB flash drive into a BDP-93, should read content only. In your Oppo setup you don't have the internal persistent memory using the USB Drive do you? It should be internal flash as default.

Last edited by JohnAV; 02-17-2013 at 10:20 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:27 PM   #1824

Apr 2007
Default Can't get on the internet. Why?

When I first got it, I was able to use the wireless dongle to get internet services on the BDP-93. Now, however, if I try to access, say, Netflix, it says I am not connected to the internet. When I access Network or Setup settings on the deck, it just says there is not internet connection. But there should be!

Every other wireless device in my house (2 laptops, and Apple TV, an LG BD player with wireless) all connect just fine.

Can someone tell me (or remind me) what to do to get the BDP-93 back online?

Thanks for any help, reminders or tutorials.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:53 AM   #1825
Special Member

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkusterb View Post
When I first got it, I was able to use the wireless dongle to get internet services on the BDP-93. Now, however, if I try to access, say, Netflix, it says I am not connected to the internet. When I access Network or Setup settings on the deck, it just says there is not internet connection. But there should be!

Every other wireless device in my house (2 laptops, and Apple TV, an LG BD player with wireless) all connect just fine.

Can someone tell me (or remind me) what to do to get the BDP-93 back online?

Thanks for any help, reminders or tutorials.
Run a connection test, does the WiFi connect to the server OK? You might want to reset to defaults, and then revisit all your settings in case something was changed that is causing this, for example your WiFi settings are no longer good. If the WiFi dongle just went bad, call Oppo and they will send you a replacement. Call them if you can't get anywhere also, as they will suggest things.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #1826
Expert Member

Feb 2010
Vancouver

I think it's a problem with my computer. I've tried 5 different drives with the same issue. I think my iMac is shorting them out somehow. It did go in for repair a week or so ago, so it's possible they didn't put it back together 100%... Ugh, this iMac is a pain in the ass!
Fascinating... - Spock

There's ALWAYS money in the Banana Stand! - George Bluth

Son of a bit*h, I'm sick of these dolphins. - Steve Zissou
Old 02-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #1827

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
Run a connection test, does the WiFi connect to the server OK? You might want to reset to defaults, and then revisit all your settings in case something was changed that is causing this, for example your WiFi settings are no longer good. If the WiFi dongle just went bad, call Oppo and they will send you a replacement. Call them if you can't get anywhere also, as they will suggest things.
Thanks for your comments. I was able to search for my wireless network from scratch and the Oppo found it. It's working fine now.

Odd, though, Netflix plays back with ever so slightly stuttery video...My AppleTV on the same wireless network plays back more smoothly.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:11 PM   #1828

Feb 2008
Haskins Ohio
Default bdp93 connected hard drive question

Probably a dumb question but what is this folder for? it shows up only when my external drive is connected to the oppo... its not there when I plug the drive into the computer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (57.5 KB, 37 views)
]
Old 03-20-2013, 03:26 AM   #1829
Special Member

Sep 2009

Latest Public Beta Test Release

Release date: March 18, 2013
Category: Latest Public Beta Test Release

Main Version: BDP9x-77-0308B
Loader Version: CN0900
Sub Version: MCU93-09-0218 (BDP-93), MCU95-08-0218 (BDP-95)
Installation Instructions and Download Link: Click Here
Quote:
Release Notes:
This version is designed for the OPPO BDP-93 and BDP-95 Blu-ray Disc players. Comparing to the previous Official release version BDP9x-74-0908, the major changes are:
  1. Improved the support for "Episode Resume" feature observed on "Game of Thrones: Season 1 (BD, 2012)". It is similar to the "Disc Unbound" feature observed on new FOX releases, which allows the audience to select the episode located on another disc, and once the correct disc is loaded, the player will directly jump to the pre-selected episode and start to play.
  2. General disc compatibility improvement based on recent and upcoming Blu-ray releases as well as user-submitted disc samples.
Special notice: you can NOT revert back to the previous Official release.

This release is still a beta test version, not an official release. Use it only if you would like to experiment with the new features and improvements. There is a very small chance of the new features and improvements not working properly. If that happens, please report any issue to us.

Last edited by JohnAV; 03-20-2013 at 03:28 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #1830

Dec 2010

Quote:
Improved the support for "Episode Resume" feature observed on "Game of Thrones: Season 1 (BD, 2012)".
About time. I recently watched Season 1 again and noticed episode resume doesn't work at all with the latest FW. Even though that FW was supposed to fix this specific problem, IIRC.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #1831
Banned

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoogoosedmoose41 View Post
Probably a dumb question but what is this folder for? it shows up only when my external drive is connected to the oppo... its not there when I plug the drive into the computer.
Your computer probably does not have the "Show Hidden Files/Folders" option selected under Windows Explorer|Organize|Folder Options|View... ArcBackup sounds like it would be a default hidden backup/system folder installed on the drive when you first set it up on your computer, with whatever software it came with. The Oppo evidently displays all folders on the drive, even if they are marked as Hidden in Windows.

Last edited by FREYMAX 3D; 03-20-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:20 AM   #1832
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2007

The OPPO BDP-93/95 supports up to 2TB hard drives, however the new OPPO BDP-103/105 will support 4TB and larger hard drives

I was having an email conversation with OPPO Digital INC today and they informed me that the reason that the OPPO BDP-103/105 supports 3TB and 4TB hard drives is because the OPPO BDP-103/105 Blu-ray players support both the MBR and GPT partition types. GPT partition is required for supporting drives larger than 2TB in size.

The discontinued OPPO BDP-93/95 Blu-ray players only supports MBR partitions. MBR partitions maximum size is 2TB. One will lose 2TB of storage when using MBR on a 4TB hard drive, and 1TB of storage will be lost on a 3TB hard drive when using MBR. So there is no reason why one should connect a hard drive larger then 2TB on the old OPPO BDP-93/95 since MBR partitions max out at 2TB. OPPO Digital INC said that there is also no plans to add GPT partition support to the OPPO BDP-93/95 with a firmware update. Therefore, even though the OPPO BDP-93/95 has an exclusive faster e-SATA II 3Gbps interface that the OPPO BDP-103/105 lacks, the advantage of the OPPO BDP-103/105 is its ability to connect 4TB and larger hard drives.

Also FAT32 and NTFS are supported on the larger 3TB and 4TB hard drives according to OPPO Digital Inc.

Last edited by HDTV1080P; 03-30-2013 at 02:28 AM.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:32 PM   #1833
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2007

More information about connecting large hard drives to the OPPO Blu-ray players

The following are some select word for word quotes from OPPO Digital Inc regarding connecting a hard drive above 2TB in size to the OPPO BDP-103/105 when the latest firmware is installed (OPPO BDP-93/95 owners will not be getting GPT partition support in a future firmware update and will be limited to 2TB size hard drives).

“The BDP-103 and the BDP-105 players always supported GPT. The issue was that previously the player had a partition table limitation of 2TB. So if the drive was formatted 3TB, you had to format the drive with 2TB and 1TB partitions. This firmware fixes this limitation so the partitions can be of any size.”

“The previous E-Mail should have said we unfortunately will not be able to support GPT in the previous generation of players.”

The issue is not the file system is not supported (the BDP-9x and the BDP-10x support FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS) but that the players support different partition types. The BDP-9x series of players support MBR only, while the BDP-10x series of players support MBR and GPT. GPT is required for supporting drives larger than 2TB in size. There is no way to use MBR and GPT on the same drive, so you will lost 1TB or 2TB of storage when using MBR on a 3TB or 4TB drive.”
Old 03-31-2013, 02:46 AM   #1834
Banned

Feb 2010
St. Paul Minnesota

Anyone notice that after watching something for more than 2 hours the player noise becomes somewhat audible???
Old 03-31-2013, 03:18 AM   #1835

Oct 2008
Lanus, Argentina

Nop.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:38 PM   #1836
Special Member

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboyz View Post
Anyone notice that after watching something for more than 2 hours the player noise becomes somewhat audible???
Are you talking about a audible background white noise after the player has been on for 2 hours when listening to content, or a noise like the disc is not seated/balanced in the tray?
Old 04-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #1837
Banned

Feb 2010
St. Paul Minnesota

A barely audible high pitched drive noise.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #1838
Special Member

Sep 2009

Quote:
A barely audible high pitched drive noise.
Does this change from disc to disc? Is this because of the faster spin speed as Top Menu is read back in at the end of the movie?
Old 04-01-2013, 10:38 PM   #1839
Banned

Feb 2010
St. Paul Minnesota

it changes from disc to disc.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:11 PM   #1840
Banned

Feb 2010
St. Paul Minnesota

Quote:
not title dependent.

All you have to do is watch blu rays on the 93 for like a week.
You'll see it eventually.
You can't trigger it, it's just a bug.
I know the August update is to blame.

And the latest FW update didn't fix the bug.
So I wen't back to my 83.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders