Best PS3 Deals

Top PS3 Deals, Cheap PS3 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS3)
$44.99
ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection (PS3)
$14.99
Need for Speed Rivals (PS3)
$18.99
Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3)
$39.99
The LEGO Movie Videogame (PS3)
$19.99
Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3)
$29.99
Dragon's Crown (PS3)
$19.99
FIFA 14 (PS3)
$25.74
Destiny (PS3)
$49.99
Lego Marvel Super Heroes (PS3)
$14.99
Fairy Fencer F (PS3)
$45.43
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Collection (PS3)
$19.99
NBA 2K14 (PS3)
$25.11
Darksiders (PS3)
$14.69
NHL 2K9 (PS3)
$9.96
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3)
$11.82
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3

Old 02-27-2013, 05:25 AM   #201
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2008
Pillars of Creation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bageara View Post
What do trophies have to do with it?

Supersix said he couldn't think of a single player game that had been helped by the addition of MP........Uncharted was

Yes in my opinion and many other it's worth it
Because I had the game for awhile now and I've debating whether or not to play it if the trophies are too time consuming.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:26 AM   #202
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

Quote:
What do trophies have to do with it?

Supersix said he couldn't think of a single player game that had been helped by the addition of MP........Uncharted was

Yes in my opinion and many other it's worth it
God help me for getting involved in this ridiculous argument, but how did Multiplayer help ANY Single Player game? Leaving aside my disdain for MP for anything not named SSX or Burnout Paradise, how can anyone make an argument that MP has helped an SP? And vice versa, no one can logically say that an SP helped an MP.

Personally I think all games should be released with MP separate. So those who only want MP can buy that cheaper and those who want SP can buy that cheaper as well.

Of course in a perfect world the major effort of a studio would go into the SP and they can toss the MP to some outside studio that only works on MP and is not part of the same studio. That way SP can be perfectly robust and can get 100% of the time and attention, rather than going into it thinking "how are we going to bilk the customers out of more money after we release this?"
Old 02-27-2013, 05:32 AM   #203
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2008
Newcastle UK PSN:Bageara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo The Perverted View Post
God help me for getting involved in this ridiculous argument, but how did Multiplayer help ANY Single Player game? Leaving aside my disdain for MP for anything not named SSX or Burnout Paradise, how can anyone make an argument that MP has helped an SP? And vice versa, no one can logically say that an SP helped an MP.

Personally I think all games should be released with MP separate. So those who only want MP can buy that cheaper and those who want SP can buy that cheaper as well.

Of course in a perfect world the major effort of a studio would go into the SP and they can toss the MP to some outside studio that only works on MP and is not part of the same studio. That way SP can be perfectly robust and can get 100% of the time and attention, rather than going into it thinking "how are we going to bilk the customers out of more money after we release this?"
The only way I can think of how MP could help a SP game is if it attracted more players, boosted sales and reflected in review scores and I've already stated how the addition of MP to Uncharted did that
PSN:Bageara

Pioneer KURO PDP-LX5090
Sony BRAVIA KDL-40W2000
Sony PS3 320gb
Old 02-27-2013, 05:37 AM   #204
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

Quote:
The only way I can think of how MP could help a SP game is if it attracted more players, boosted sales and reflected in review scores and I've already stated how the addition of MP to Uncharted did that
Bringing more people to a game AFTER the SP has been completed, doesn't help or improve the SP, if that's what you were suggesting.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:49 AM   #205
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2008

Quote:
Bringing more people to a game AFTER the SP has been completed, doesn't help or improve the SP, if that's what you were suggesting.
of course im not suggesting that . Well done on making this discussion even more ridiculous

Pioneer KURO PDP-LX5090
Sony BRAVIA KDL-40W2000
Sony PS3 320gb
Old 02-27-2013, 06:14 AM   #206
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

Quote:
of course im not suggesting that . Well done on making this discussion even more ridiculous
I wasn't trying to be a dick there, I was sincerely asking what you mean. I understand the logic of if the MP is good it'll bring more people to buy the game and more sales for the devs and all that stuff.

I don't see how a good MP (even the BEST MP possible) could improve the enjoyment, quality, etc of a single player that has already been completed at that point in time. IF anything it could lead, I would imagine, to them spending MORE time on the next MP because that's where they're going to rake in the dough after the release.

If the original question that was posed before I wandered into this quagmire, was the idea that multiplayer could somehow improve the quality and whatnot of a single player mode, or make the SP better, well I would love to hear the reasoning behind that idea. Because I don't see it. I can only see ways in which it could detract (for future iterations of the game), but ZERO way it can help. Because if the MP gets rave reviews or whatever then that would mean you'd put more money into the next MP to make it even better and get better scores.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:44 AM   #207
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2008

Quote:
I wasn't trying to be a dick there, I was sincerely asking what you mean. I understand the logic of if the MP is good it'll bring more people to buy the game and more sales for the devs and all that stuff.

I don't see how a good MP (even the BEST MP possible) could improve the enjoyment, quality, etc of a single player that has already been completed at that point in time. IF anything it could lead, I would imagine, to them spending MORE time on the next MP because that's where they're going to rake in the dough after the release.

If the original question that was posed before I wandered into this quagmire, was the idea that multiplayer could somehow improve the quality and whatnot of a single player mode, or make the SP better, well I would love to hear the reasoning behind that idea. Because I don't see it. I can only see ways in which it could detract (for future iterations of the game), but ZERO way it can help. Because if the MP gets rave reviews or whatever then that would mean you'd put more money into the next MP to make it even better and get better scores.
I don't think anyone is suggesting that the MP could improve on the enjoyment of a SP experience

Pioneer KURO PDP-LX5090
Sony BRAVIA KDL-40W2000
Sony PS3 320gb
Old 02-27-2013, 06:50 AM   #208
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2008
Pillars of Creation

Old 02-27-2013, 06:52 AM   #209
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2008

If GOW had introduced an MP like Demon and Dark Souls that could of been awesome

Pioneer KURO PDP-LX5090
Sony BRAVIA KDL-40W2000
Sony PS3 320gb
Old 02-27-2013, 06:54 AM   #210
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2008
Pillars of Creation

Quote:
If GOW had introduced an MP like Demon and Dark Souls that could of been awesome
Now were getting somewhere I agree.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:59 AM   #211

Oct 2011

Downloading the demo now. I absolutely love this series and cannot wait until next month. Got the collector's edition pre-ordered.

I loved, loved, loved the seamless weapon transitions and combos in GOW 3. Looked so cool.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #212
Power Member

Oct 2007
Dunsfold

Has the game demo dropped on the european PSN yet? Looking forward to downloading it when i get back from work!
Samsung 3D F6800 40". PS4. 80 Gig PS3. Technika BRSS10 multi-region BD player.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #213
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2007
United Kingdom

To celebrate GOW Acension
PS+ members in EU are getting GOW 1 HD for free.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
PSN: G1ggs_Spud
Battlelog: G1ggsy
BF4Stats: G1ggs_Spud
Destiny: G1ggs_Spud
Old 02-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #214
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1ggs View Post
To celebrate GOW Acension
PS+ members in EU are getting GOW 1 HD for free.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Sweet

Pioneer KURO PDP-LX5090
Sony BRAVIA KDL-40W2000
Sony PS3 320gb
Old 02-27-2013, 12:14 PM   #215
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2007

The visuals are good but it seems like more of the same. Im burnt out from GoW
Old 02-27-2013, 02:07 PM   #216
Expert Member

Aug 2008

Did everyone really expect something new here? This is GoW, we all loved the other games, why change it? Just give me more of it with a story. If they changed at all people would then complain about how this doesnt feel/play like GoW anymore. It was a no win situation for them, they did the smart thing and kept it the same, and thats what we fell in love with.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #217
Special Member

Feb 2009
hollister ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIONSFAN20 View Post
Did everyone really expect something new here? This is GoW, we all loved the other games, why change it? Just give me more of it with a story. If they changed at all people would then complain about how this doesnt feel/play like GoW anymore. It was a no win situation for them, they did the smart thing and kept it the same, and thats what we fell in love with.
Yup exactly!
Old 02-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #218
Special Member

Feb 2009
hollister ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
The visuals are good but it seems like more of the same. Im burnt out from GoW
Then why even play the demo?
Old 02-27-2013, 04:02 PM   #219
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-rob77 View Post
Then why even play the demo?
Maybe to see if he would like it? I try demos to sequels all the times. For example I love Motorstorm, but wasn't a big fan of Motorstorm Apocalypses from the demo.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #220
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

The combat's changed significantly, aside from the chain grappling (which is very satisfying for bulldozing and juggling enemies), the replaced rage system that gradually powers up combos, and the enemy/environment weapon pickups there's a new elemental system not really demonstrated in the demo.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/06/11/wh...nsion-preview/
Quote:
The elements

Various elements — at the very least fire, which is the only one Sony is ready to talk about right now — will factor into gameplay in Ascension. “If I’m infused with fire,” said Sanchez, “then my blades do an attack on the enemies where they become fire bombs and can explode and do area-of-effect damage to other enemies.”

Your foes can be naturally imbued with the elements as well: “Our Brute enemy, if you notice the inside of his helmet, is glowing with fire. He’s actually elemental-based, and we’ll have different variations of him using different elements. So one enemy might have different fight tactics compared to the same guy using a different element.”

How your own elemental magic will interact with the ones your opponents are wielding remains to be seen. ”We’re trying to figure out the combat between the element that Kratos has versus the element that the enemy has,” said Sanchez. “But you’ll have different elemental attacks, and you’ll have to approach different enemies’ elements in different ways.”
The story focus and environment variety (compared to God of War III) are the other major changes.

Last edited by Shin-Ra; 02-27-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS3