Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Planet of the Vampires (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (Blu-ray)
$8.69
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.92
Old School (Blu-ray)
$5.20
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports

Old 02-22-2013, 07:00 PM   #8141
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
co.cork ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by garlad View Post
I won't hold my breath.. Still, stranger things have happened!!

Cup Final Sunday.. Can't see past Swansea..
I like to see swansea win it
Old 02-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #8142
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
co.cork ireland

Quote:
Good to see this thread is alive and kicking still!

Horrendous season for the Villa! Just goes from bad to worse.. And Arsenal this weekend
Do you still want to see paul lambert as manager next season garlad
Old 02-22-2013, 07:10 PM   #8143
AVFC

Dec 2007
Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by tob View Post
Do you still want to see paul lambert as manager next season garlad
It's a tough one. We've such a poor, young squad, it's hard to know if anyone would do any better. Of course, when your team (down at our level) is doing poorly, you want the manager out, but really, not sure he's to blame. Some of his purchases have been surprising, yes, but we've no experience in the team to help him. Survive this season, then start again in the summer. Hopefully Randy will back him with some money!

What about Wenger? Still the man for Arsenal?
"All men dream. But not equally..." - Nathan Drake.

-----------------------
PS3 120GB
KDL 46HX803 Sony Bravia 1080p FULL HD 3D
SKY+ HD
220 Blu ray discs
PSN: garlad
Old 02-22-2013, 07:19 PM   #8144
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
co.cork ireland

Quote:
It's a tough one. We've such a poor, young squad, it's hard to know if anyone would do any better. Of course, when your team (down at our level) is doing poorly, you want the manager out, but really, not sure he's to blame. Some of his purchases have been surprising, yes, but we've no experience in the team to help him. Survive this season, then start again in the summer. Hopefully Randy will back him with some money!

What about Wenger? Still the man for Arsenal?
When paul lambert first took over he made too many changes as you said there is too many youngster's in the team it didn't help villa with the long term injury to Dunne but you need player's like shay given and darren bent in the team.
As for arsene wenger i have great respect for the man but its time for him to go it's not just wenger we need to make changes to the board too we still miss david dein
Old 02-27-2013, 06:34 AM   #8145
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2008
California

Real Madrid dominated Barca in the second leg of the semifinal of Copa del Rey at the Camp Nou earlier today. Awesome performance by RM, I wonder if we are gonna see the same performance when they visit Old Trafford next week.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
Old 03-02-2013, 02:13 PM   #8146

Feb 2013
Southern California

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManUtd View Post
Real Madrid dominated Barca in the second leg of the semifinal of Copa del Rey at the Camp Nou earlier today. Awesome performance by RM, I wonder if we are gonna see the same performance when they visit Old Trafford next week.
Nice user name, sir!
Jusqu'ici tout va bien.
Last Blu-ray Bought: All Is Lost
Last Blu-ray Watched: Prisoners
Last Movie in Theaters: 12 Years A Slave
Old 03-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #8147
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2008
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWayneMartin View Post
Nice user name, sir!
Glory glory Man United!

Are you ready for this tomorrow?

vs.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
Old 03-05-2013, 07:07 PM   #8148
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2007
UK
Send a message via MSN to Blu_Ray_UK2007

Madrid or United? Who are we all cheering for?
PS3 Online ID: Blu_Ray_UK2007

Always looking for UK Disney Slips!! Message me if you have any spare!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:25 PM   #8149
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Baltimore, MD

Didnt catch the match but it sounds like it was pretty harsh on Nani. Could be a very interesting next round, but first we will be smashed (again) by Bayen
Old 03-06-2013, 04:31 AM   #8150
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slec View Post
Didnt catch the match but it sounds like it was pretty harsh on Nani. Could be a very interesting next round, but first we will be smashed (again) by Bayen
It was most definitely not harsh on Nani. Intentional or not -- which is something no one can determine, regardless of what the British media will have you believe -- it was a very dangerous play. Intent does not determine the call, just like when you have a hand-ball in the penalty area, it is an automatic penalty. Pure 100% red card. Which even former United captain Roy Keene admits it was:

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/13...madrid?cc=5901

Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 03-06-2013 at 04:35 AM.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:35 AM   #8151
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2008
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slec View Post
The red card was the icing on the cake for this horrible officiating group. Several game-changing non-calls by the ref and linesmen. In spite of all that, RM couldn't do anything while Nani was still in the game. Ronaldo, Alonso, Ozil, etc. didn't do squat up until that red card. I can always take a loss, if they beat us fair and square just like what RM with the Brazilian Ronaldo did at OT back in 2003 or what Barca did to us in two CL finals. What an awful way to crash out of the CL. As Mourinho said, "the best team lost." --- That says it all.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:41 AM   #8152
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Quote:
The red card was the icing on the cake for this horrible officiating group.
You must have watched a very different game.

As I mentioned above, studs up, in the chest, 100% red card.

There was absolutely nothing "horrible" about the officiating. In fact, up to that point even the British commentators on Fox Soccer Channel agreed that the officiating was solid. Then they changed their opinion, which isn't surprising.

Congrats to Real, clearly the better team. (And what the "special one" has to say about the game is absolutely meaningless. As usual, it is nothing more than yet another mind-game).

Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 03-06-2013 at 05:02 AM.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:10 AM   #8153
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2008
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
You must have watched a very different game.

As I mentioned above, studs up, in the chest, 100% red card.

There was absolutely nothing "horrible" about the officiating. In fact, up to that point even the British commentators on Fox Soccer Channel agreed that the officiating was solid. Then they changed their opinion, which isn't surprising.

Congrats to Real, clearly the better team. (And what the "special one" has to say about the game is absolutely meaningless. As usual, it is nothing more than yet another mind-game).

Pro-B
Nani's boot was high and it was a dangerous play which should've been a yellow card at the worst case. Nani's eyes was on the ball and never saw Arbeloa until it was too late for him to pull back. It was definitely not an intentional action to hurt another player.

RM clearly the better team? Must be nice to know without any doubt what Mourinho really thinks, in spite of what he said post-match. BTW, what a bitter ex-United player says has nothing to do with the game at all.

I know you disagree with me and that's alright. I've seen your opinion towards United in this thread. We'll have to agree to disagree.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:40 AM   #8154
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Quote:
Nani's boot was high and it was a dangerous play which should've been a yellow card at the worst case. Nani's eyes was on the ball and never saw Arbeloa until it was too late for him to pull back. It was definitely not an intentional action to hurt another player.
It is absolutely irrelevant where Nani's eyes were. You seem to be under the impression that there is a rule dictating that a red card must be given only when the play/foul is intentional. There is no such rule. It was a very dangerous play, 100% red card.

Quote:
RM clearly the better team? Must be nice to know without any doubt what Mourinho really thinks, in spite of what he said post-match.
Real was clearly the better team, yes. Real had more shots on goal (23 vs. 19), took more corner kicks (12 vs. 9), and had 63% possession of ball vs. 37% for United. I think that these are very telling numbers. Especially considering the fact that they were on the road.

And again, what the "special one" has to say to the media is absolutely irrelevant. He isn't exactly known for being objective. He is known for his mind-games, and this is just another one of them.

Also, am not a Real fan. But I believe that their deserved victory yesterday is undeservedly questioned. Regardless of whether one wins or loses, one ought to be honest. Which is why I agree with Mr. Keane. That's all

Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 03-06-2013 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-06-2013, 06:30 AM   #8155
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2011
Norn Iron
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
It was most definitely not harsh on Nani. Intentional or not -- which is something no one can determine, regardless of what the British media will have you believe -- it was a very dangerous play.Intent does not determine the call, just like when you have a hand-ball in the penalty area, it is an automatic penalty. Pure 100% red card. Which even former United captain Roy Keene admits it was:

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/13...madrid?cc=5901

Pro-B
Well intent can mean the difference and that wasn't intentional.IMO
I have seen Nani take a ball out of the air like that a thousand times and as with this time he was following the flight of the ball and didn't even see the other player coming so I have to disagree with your post.
Also there are times when you may have heard the term 'ball to hand' and that wouldn't result in a penalty for a 'handball' in the box.

Then again no other sport as much as football has so many different opinions.
As for Roy Keane,as great a player as he was he is well renowned for talking out of his arse at times.
Film=Priority,Packaging=Not really bothered.

I spent a lot of money on booze,bird's and fast cars.
The rest I just squandered...............George Best.

Last edited by Villiam Hayes; 03-06-2013 at 07:24 AM.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #8156
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
co.cork ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villiam Hayes View Post
Well intent can mean the difference and that wasn't intentional.IMO
I have seen Nani take a ball out of the air like that a thousand times and as with this time he was following the flight of the ball and didn't even see the other player coming so I have to disagree with your post.
Also there are times when you may have heard the term 'ball to hand' and that wouldn't result in a penalty for a 'handball' in the box.

Then again no other sport as much as football has so many different opinions.
As for Roy Keane,as great a player as he was he is well renowned for talking out of his arse at times.
it was a bad decision by the ref also i think he reacted to quick with the sending off, speaking as a arsenal fan i believe uefa should appoint high profile referee's when it come's to big matche's like this in europe.
as for roy keane don't take his comments serious he was a great player for us [ REP.IRELAND] but he does talk crap he still has issues with alex ferguson.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #8157
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2011

Clearly you don't know nothing about the " Special one " what he said yesterday was said without any mind games .

Now the crucial moment of the game the red card given to NANI . It can be given if the player shows intent to injure other player not the case since NANI is trying to play the ball the worst case scenario the yellow card should be given and the player warned . In the courses given by the the national associations of each country that follow the lines given by FIFA say the same within the rules of the game the referees should also have good sense in the application of the same rules .

Now the points that shows where the word intent comes to play
Quote:
hand-ball in the penalty area, it is an automatic penalty. Pure 100% red card
Wrong . When a player tries to replace the goal keeper shows intent - red card , when truth the play there's a contact in the goal area a penalty kick it's awarded and the player receives a yellow card .

Yes and again MU played better than RM if not why Diego Lopez was the man of the match ??? Maybe because he was friendly to the supporters behind the net .

I also was pushing for RM but i can stay neutral and see what team was playing better and every thing changed the moment NANI was sent off .

BTW Keane the same guy that admitted in his bio that he clearly tried to injure another player ( Halland in 2001 ) doesn't even get any credit in front of the cameras by me .
Old 03-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #8158
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2011
Norn Iron

Quote:
Originally Posted by tob View Post
as for roy keane don't take his comments serious he was a great player for us [ REP.IRELAND] but he does talk crap he still has issues with alex ferguson.
What are your feelings towards him regarding him leaving you's high and dry at the World Cup tob?
Film=Priority,Packaging=Not really bothered.

I spent a lot of money on booze,bird's and fast cars.
The rest I just squandered...............George Best.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #8159
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
co.cork ireland

Quote:
What are your feelings towards him regarding him leaving you's high and dry at the World Cup tob?
at the end of the day villiam he should have stayed but roy looks after his ego first and it was embarrassing for us
Old 03-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #8160
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
co.cork ireland

Quote:
How do you feel as a united fan villiam towards roy keane now
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports