Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$18.99
The Gershwins' Porgy & Bess (Blu-ray)
$29.89
Chuck: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$69.01
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
The Addams Family (Blu-ray)
$8.69
The Aristocats (Blu-ray)
$15.69
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray PCs, Laptops, Drives, Media and Software

Old 01-19-2013, 02:30 AM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2007
Default CyberLink PowerDVD 12 Ultra will not play Taken 2 on Blu-ray

CyberLink PowerDVD 12 Ultra will not play Taken 2 on Blu-ray

One of my family members rented the full retail version of Taken 2 on Blu-ray (A total of 43GB used out of 50GB on the dual layer disc). Taken 2 Blu-ray works fine on the OPPO and Panasonic Blu-ray players that I have tried. However on 3 different computers that were running CyberLink PowerDVD 12 Ultra with the latest firmware update Taken 2 will not play.

Taken 2 is another 20th Century Fox title that CyberLink PowerDVD 12 Ultra cannot play. On 3 different computers the Taken 2 Blu-ray disc would stop playing after the “Chasing Mavericks” trailer is finished. One is unable to make it to the 20th Century Fox main menu in order to play the Taken 2 movie and the extra features.

*** A firmware update needs to be written for the CyberLink PowerDVD 12 Ultra Blu-ray software so that Taken 2 will work correctly ***
Old 01-19-2013, 06:17 AM   #2

May 2009
New Zealand

Would you have any other software to test it on? maybe Total Home Theater?
Old 01-19-2013, 10:51 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrumb View Post
Would you have any other software to test it on? maybe Total Home Theater?
I use to always have both PowerDVD and Total Media Theater installed on every PC, however when Total Media Theater stopped offering the retail box versions of the software I started to only purchase PowerDVD since I like a stamped optical disc with the original printed manual and retail box. Also I very rarely use my PC to play a Blu-ray and prefer a standalone Blu-ray player.

In the future I might need to purchase the download version of Total Media Theater 5 for each PC so I can have greater reliability. In the past I always said one needed to own two different Blu-ray player software packages from two different companies in order to play the newest Blu-ray titles. That statement appears to still be true.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:46 AM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009

working fine now in powerdvd a new patch was release about a week ago
Old 02-28-2013, 05:53 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2007

Yes they came out with a software update to PowerDVD 12 Ultra, however I am unable to verify that Taken 2 is working since this was a rental. But it sounds like you were able to get Taken 2 to work with the latest software which is good news.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray PCs, Laptops, Drives, Media and Software