Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Week is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Masters of Sex: Season One (Blu-ray)
$14.96
9 hrs ago
Lone Survivor (Blu-ray)
$7.99
 
Person of Interest: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
X-Men: First Class (Blu-ray)
$3.99
 
Son of Batman (Blu-ray)
$8.00
11 hrs ago
The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
You Only Live Twice (Blu-ray)
$3.99
10 hrs ago
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$3.99
 
The Princess Bride (Blu-ray)
$3.99
 
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$31.99
 
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$29.96
3 hrs ago
The Terminator (Blu-ray)
$3.99
 
Old 02-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #17921
DarylRSV4 DarylRSV4 is offline
Active Member
 
DarylRSV4's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
N. Burbs, Illinois
14
Default

Totally forgot, sorry. I love it, awesome piece when used for PC audio and cd playback. Definitely notice more detail with cd playback with toslink from bdp to dac and PC audio with jriver sounds phenomenal. Hope that helps.
Sharp 745 70" TV
Sony BDP-S790
Denon 3312 AVR, Emotiva XDA-2
Emotiva XPR-2,Emotiva XPA-3
Focal 726V,700CC,714V
Power Sound Audio XV-15
Harmony One
Monster HDP2500,Emotiva CMX6
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:36 PM   #17922
red_5ive red_5ive is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
red_5ive's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Caleefoahniuhh (as our old govunah would say)
18
454
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
When I took the amp off there is a partition behind it with a small hole. Speaker wire is running through it. I used that hole. Before that though I made sure the subs where not hook up parallel. . But it was a quick set up so I unhooked it until the parts come in I just ordered to finish it up correctly.
So how has it so far? Working out ok?
Defeat of deduct must go over defense before detail does.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:05 AM   #17923
red_5ive red_5ive is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
red_5ive's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Caleefoahniuhh (as our old govunah would say)
18
454
2
1
Default

Wow, I know all of you are way behind if I'm the one to post the latest podcast. I'm always the last to find out about these things.

Emotiva Podcast 02/27/13

Some interesting stuff going on, particularly with the Sherbourn line.
Defeat of deduct must go over defense before detail does.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:48 AM   #17924
ShockWave ShockWave is offline
Special Member
 
ShockWave's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Orlando, FL GO GATORS
41
119
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_5ive View Post
So how has it so far? Working out ok?
Waiting for the parts to come in. Camt wait though to test it all out!
Pioneer | Bowers & Wilkins | DefTech | Emotiva | JL Audio | Marantz | oppo | Panamax | Epik | Yamaha | Sony | Apple | Velodyne | Panasonic
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:19 AM   #17925
Saril Saril is offline
Member
 
Dec 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_5ive View Post
Wow, I know all of you are way behind if I'm the one to post the latest podcast. I'm always the last to find out about these things.

Emotiva Podcast 02/27/13

Some interesting stuff going on, particularly with the Sherbourn line.
Thanks for this post!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:57 PM   #17926
Kali157 Kali157 is offline
Special Member
 
Nov 2009
43
Default XPA-1L is on the site

XPA-1L is on the Emotiva site. This is an amp that intrigues me b/c it is Class A for the first 35 watts and the price is very attractive. It seems to do many things right.

Can't wait to read what owners think of this new amp. I am probably going to wait until the summer for the July 4th sale and for more people to get their hands on the amp... unless my impatience wins.


  Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #17927
Rustolem Rustolem is offline
Active Member
 
Feb 2007
15
304
214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali157 View Post
XPA-1L is on the Emotiva site. This is an amp that intrigues me b/c it is Class A for the first 35 watts and the price is very attractive. It seems to do many things right.

Can't wait to read what owners think of this new amp. I am probably going to wait until the summer for the July 4th sale and for more people to get their hands on the amp... unless my impatience wins.


where you been?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:24 AM   #17928
Kali157 Kali157 is offline
Special Member
 
Nov 2009
43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustolem View Post
where you been?
Hey,

Well besides work and some travel, I have been very happy with my system since my last addition of an Oppo 103. I think the only time I go to these forums now is to look at blu-ray deals and reviews.

The class A has me curious. I am wondering if there will be an audible improvement over my XPA-3.

I just helped a friend's dad audition speakers recently, and he ended up with some Martin Logan ESLs. He has expressed interest in getting an amp. I suggested the XPA-1Ls to him weeks ago... I hope he gets them so I can try them too.

How are things with you?

Last edited by Kali157; 03-10-2013 at 01:32 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:42 AM   #17929
Rustolem Rustolem is offline
Active Member
 
Feb 2007
15
304
214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali157 View Post
Hey,

Well besides work and some travel, I have been very happy with my system since my last addition of an Oppo 103. I think the only time I go to these forums now is to look at blu-ray deals and reviews.

The class A has me curious. I am wondering if there will be an audible improvement over my XPA-3.

I just helped a friend's dad audition speakers recently, and he ended up with some Martin Logan ESLs. He has expressed interest in getting an amp. I suggested the XPA-1Ls to him weeks ago... I hope he gets them so I can try them too.

How are things with you?
Good same here just work, still lurking around here and AVS always looking at the new stuff. Do you still have you Aperions? Loving mine more and more since I got them. One question for you using a AVR or a Pre/Pro?
Sill keeping my fingers crossed for the XMC-1.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:42 AM   #17930
Kali157 Kali157 is offline
Special Member
 
Nov 2009
43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustolem View Post
Good same here just work, still lurking around here and AVS always looking at the new stuff. Do you still have you Aperions? Loving mine more and more since I got them. One question for you using a AVR or a Pre/Pro?
Sill keeping my fingers crossed for the XMC-1.
Still running the Aperion Verus Grands. I have auditioned other impressive speakers recently including the new Polk LSIm 707s, but nothing that has made me want to change speakers.

I am currently running a Marantz SR5005 AVR with and Emotiva XPA-3 for the front and center speakers. Nothing I have heard has convinced me to go with a dedicated Pre/Pro. The only reason I would upgrade the AVR is for a step up in Audyssey EQ. I have been watching the Onkyo 818 b/c it has the Multi EQ XT32.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:32 AM   #17931
ShockWave ShockWave is offline
Special Member
 
ShockWave's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Orlando, FL GO GATORS
41
119
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_5ive View Post
So how has it so far? Working out ok?
Have it all hooked up. Not to happy with it right not. I'm not getting deep bass like before. Not sure it's enough power or need to set it up better in my prepro.
Pioneer | Bowers & Wilkins | DefTech | Emotiva | JL Audio | Marantz | oppo | Panamax | Epik | Yamaha | Sony | Apple | Velodyne | Panasonic
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:43 AM   #17932
jlafrenz jlafrenz is offline
Special Member
 
jlafrenz's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Columbia, MO
48
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
Have it all hooked up. Not to happy with it right not. I'm not getting deep bass like before. Not sure it's enough power or need to set it up better in my prepro.
I assume you are referring to connecting you Empire to your Emo amp?

Even though the Emo amps are beasts, I was worried this would be the situation. I really don't feel that one of those amp channels is enough to drive the Empire. I could see it limiting the power of the other channels and really stress the amp. Have you contacted Epik to get a replacement amp? You may have to refresh my memory as to what you have tried. I had an Empire go down and it was a simple fuse swap that got it back up and running. Shoot me a PM if you would like.
-Speakers: Monitor Audio Silver RS8's, RSLCR, RSFX, Dual Epik Empires
-Powered by: Dual XPA-5's & MMC-1
-TV: Samsung 52" A750
-Sources: Pio Elite BDP-05fd, Toshiba HD-A30, XboX 360, DirecTV HD, HTPC, Music Hall MMF 5.1
-Extras: Music Hall 25.2 DAC, Goldpoint SA4, JoLida JD9, Harmony 1000, Panamax 5100 (x2), BFD Pro DSP1124P
-Cables: Blue Jeans, Audioquest, Monster, DIY Cat5, Belden, DNM
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:50 AM   #17933
deltadube deltadube is offline
Active Member
 
deltadube's Avatar
 
Nov 2012
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
Have it all hooked up. Not to happy with it right not. I'm not getting deep bass like before. Not sure it's enough power or need to set it up better in my prepro.
maybe its the bass management set up in the pre amp avr..

i just got my 1st amp xpa 3 to power up my new studio 100s and cc 690
wow what a hugh improvement in the sound quality having some power..

cheers
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:16 PM   #17934
chadwick537 chadwick537 is offline
New Member
 
Jan 2013
Default Lpa-1

Hey All,
Just recently got into the HT scene and I’m looking for a little bit of advice. My setup consists of an Onkyo TX-NR818 and an older Emotiva LPA-1 amplifier (5x125wpc; 2x50wpc).
When I went to hook up the amp, everything works (and sounds) great other than the 12v trigger from the Onkyo TX-NR818 to the LPA-1. I’ve tried two different stereo cables and a mono cable with no success thus far. I know Onkyo doesn’t have main 12v triggers, so I’ve tried the zone 2 and zone 3 triggers without any success.

I borrowed a Volt Meter from a friend who is an electrical engineer, the Onkyo is putting out between 12.4v and 12.6v on both zones and the LPA-1 will trigger when a 9v battery is touched to wires. I think we’ve tried just about everything we can think of to get it work – does anyone have any other suggestions?

The specs on the amp say that is triggers on anything between 5-12v; is the extra .4-.6 the Onkyo is putting out too much to trigger it? EDIT: I just called Emotiva, they said there is no reason the extra voltage would make it not trigger. Unfortunately, he couldn't think of anything else other than try different mono cables..

Thanks for the help!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:18 PM   #17935
jlafrenz jlafrenz is offline
Special Member
 
jlafrenz's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Columbia, MO
48
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadwick537 View Post
Hey All,
Just recently got into the HT scene and I’m looking for a little bit of advice. My setup consists of an Onkyo TX-NR818 and an older Emotiva LPA-1 amplifier (5x125wpc; 2x50wpc).
When I went to hook up the amp, everything works (and sounds) great other than the 12v trigger from the Onkyo TX-NR818 to the LPA-1. I’ve tried two different stereo cables and a mono cable with no success thus far. I know Onkyo doesn’t have main 12v triggers, so I’ve tried the zone 2 and zone 3 triggers without any success.

I borrowed a Volt Meter from a friend who is an electrical engineer, the Onkyo is putting out between 12.4v and 12.6v on both zones and the LPA-1 will trigger when a 9v battery is touched to wires. I think we’ve tried just about everything we can think of to get it work – does anyone have any other suggestions?

The specs on the amp say that is triggers on anything between 5-12v; is the extra .4-.6 the Onkyo is putting out too much to trigger it? EDIT: I just called Emotiva, they said there is no reason the extra voltage would make it not trigger. Unfortunately, he couldn't think of anything else other than try different mono cables..

Thanks for the help!
You may need to go into the menu of the Onkyo and see if the trigger is assignable and that you have it set correctly.

Some Onkyo's do not have triggers for the main zones. Look at reply #21 in the link below for a possible solution.

http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/i...ad=1719&page=2
-Speakers: Monitor Audio Silver RS8's, RSLCR, RSFX, Dual Epik Empires
-Powered by: Dual XPA-5's & MMC-1
-TV: Samsung 52" A750
-Sources: Pio Elite BDP-05fd, Toshiba HD-A30, XboX 360, DirecTV HD, HTPC, Music Hall MMF 5.1
-Extras: Music Hall 25.2 DAC, Goldpoint SA4, JoLida JD9, Harmony 1000, Panamax 5100 (x2), BFD Pro DSP1124P
-Cables: Blue Jeans, Audioquest, Monster, DIY Cat5, Belden, DNM

Last edited by jlafrenz; 03-18-2013 at 11:22 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:32 AM   #17936
arc trooper arc trooper is offline
Senior Member
 
arc trooper's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Eau Claire WI
32
143
1
Send a message via Yahoo to arc trooper
Default

so in appx 3 1/2 months going to supplement my system with a xpa-5... anyone have any cable suggestions? its my 1st time with seperates like this and id like to do it right any help would be greatly welcomed!
GT: ARCx7
PSN: INSANEOFLEX

My Theater thread! check it out! I love answering questions!

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=103617
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:40 AM   #17937
cr136124 cr136124 is offline
Senior Member
 
cr136124's Avatar
 
Apr 2012
107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arc trooper View Post
so in appx 3 1/2 months going to supplement my system with a xpa-5... anyone have any cable suggestions? its my 1st time with seperates like this and id like to do it right any help would be greatly welcomed!
I'm currently using these interconnectors for my Emotiva amps and no issues whatsoever.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

If you are just 3 1/2 months from buying the XPA-5, you might get lucky and around that time Emotiva may have the Independence Day sale. Last year I think it started around mid June.

So, good luck and report back as soon you have your new amp up and running.

Cheers!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:50 AM   #17938
solarrdadd solarrdadd is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
solarrdadd's Avatar
 
Jul 2008
Alexandria, VA
254
862
4
34
222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arc trooper View Post
so in appx 3 1/2 months going to supplement my system with a xpa-5... anyone have any cable suggestions? its my 1st time with seperates like this and id like to do it right any help would be greatly welcomed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr136124 View Post
I'm currently using these interconnectors for my Emotiva amps and no issues whatsoever.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

If you are just 3 1/2 months from buying the XPA-5, you might get lucky and around that time Emotiva may have the Independence Day sale. Last year I think it started around mid June.

So, good luck and report back as soon you have your new amp up and running.

Cheers!
agreed, and, the emotiva line of cables (interconnects) will probably be on sale the same time. so you can get both from them, i believe that both get the same 30day trial too!

can't ask for better than that!

best of luck. keep us posted. oh yeah, i've had an XPA-5 for years and i've never been happier, never looked back either!
55" Sony SXRD KDS-A552000 1080P
PS3 Slim & XBOX 360 Elite, Wii, iPhone5 64gb
iPad4 64gb, AppleTV-hdmi, NAS-1tb, Oppo BDP-105D, 105, 93 & 83 players
Onkyo PR-SC5507P Pre/Pro; TX-NR525 Harmony 1, SB-Touch, Axiom Spkrs M80v3, VP180v3, QS8v3, QS4v3 M2v3, Front 3 Bi-Wired! Emotiva XPA-5, UPA-2, UPA-200, & mini-x Amps, XDA-1DAC, X-Ref 12 DSP Sub & Ultra Subs 12 Polk Audio SDA-2, Monitor 10 & Monitor 5Jr speakers
NY GIANTS!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:19 AM   #17939
arc trooper arc trooper is offline
Senior Member
 
arc trooper's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Eau Claire WI
32
143
1
Send a message via Yahoo to arc trooper
Default

wowee!!! mid june??!?!?! holy snap!! that means i can get it sooner then the 4th!!! the wife said as soon as they go on sale i can pick ONE up lol i want 2 but oh well
GT: ARCx7
PSN: INSANEOFLEX

My Theater thread! check it out! I love answering questions!

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=103617
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #17940
Bmoney003 Bmoney003 is offline
Active Member
 
Bmoney003's Avatar
 
Nov 2012
No. providence, RI
26
292
13
Default

also, look into getting the component cables. they give you 3 interconnects with one low price (same type of cable) I got 2 sets of 6' each from EMO, during their xmas sale for 24$ shipped....they retail for 100$ they are great cables!
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Pre/Pro, Amplifiers and Separate Systems

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
The Official B&W Speakers Thread Speakers allstar780 1945 10-29-2014 05:05 AM
The Official Emotiva Audio Speakers Thread Speakers tootall82103 5 05-06-2013 05:28 PM
OFFICIAL: MADONNA: Sticky & Sweet BD Thread Blu-ray Movies - North America CCTM2000 37 06-21-2010 07:09 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:48 AM.