COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
All That Jazz (Blu-ray)
$24.70
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Paul McCartney & Wings: Rockshow (Blu-ray)
$15.88
Y Tu Mamá También (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ministry of Fear (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Other Woman (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Picnic at Hanging Rock (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Sons of Anarchy: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Great Expectations (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Like Someone in Love (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Love Streams (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dream Theater: Breaking the Fourth Wall (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Despicable Me 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.99
A Christmas Tale (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Old 02-27-2013, 10:20 PM   #6041
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2008
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman922 View Post
the subway seen sounds awesome ! some serious lfe
Towards the end when Bardem's guys were firing at the mansion sounded great too.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
Old 02-27-2013, 11:49 PM   #6042
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManUtd View Post
Towards the end when Bardem's guys were firing at the mansion sounded great too.
The subway crash was good, helicopter/bad guys firing at the mansion was impressive - BUT, the Best LFE part was when the house explodes & Bardem goes flying. THAT was some Serious thunder
** Boston, MA. - 8 Sports Titles in 11 Years!! (2002-2013) **

** R.I.P. - RICHIE HAYWARD - (2/6/46 - 8/12/10) **
POLK AUDIO: "LIVE IT, BREATHE IT, LOVE IT, BELIEVE IT!" ™
50" Samsung DLP - POLK AUDIO - "7.2" Set-up - Center: CS2 - Front: T90e's
Surrounds: FXi A6's (Side), A3's (Rear) - Subs: 2 PA-120's
Onkyo TX-SR706 - OPPO BDP-83 - DirecTV: "GENIE"/HR-44 HD-DVR - Harmony ONE
BLU-RAYS: 922
Old 02-28-2013, 12:07 AM   #6043
Contributor

Apr 2009
Corner Totem Ave. and Bryston Blvd, Arcam Shire

Watched skyfall yet Andrew?

i only watched half so far and I pulled the trigger on a used Oppo 83 in near mint condition, for $300 at my door.

I'll have it on Sunday i could not care less ab out 3D.
Olivier
Panasonic TC-P55ST30
Oppo BDP-83, Bel Canto 3.5vb DAC
Arcam AVR400 Receiver, Bryston 6B-SST Power Amp, Totem Forests Signature L/R, Totem Model One Sig. Center, Totem Mites Surrounds, TotemTress Speaker cables
Nordost White Lightning Interconnects,
JL Audio Fathom f113 Gloss Black, Acco Accoustic Panels

Old 02-28-2013, 01:13 AM   #6044
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAWD View Post
Reno's....the money goes quick. When you start it's always...oh 20$ here 100$ there...sum it all up and you're out thousands lol. Worst of all once you start you have to finish.

If all goes well and we decide to stay I'm hoping to be done with my room by Christmas. Right now I'm doing the painting on the main floor. And yes I freaking hate painting with a passion!

Wood still not cut for the subs sometimes I wonder if DIY was the right route to go.
We've pretty much gutted and renovated our entire house over the first 5 yrs we lived here, so I know exactly where your coming from. The costs definitely add up over time.

You really do need commitment to go the DIY route. The planning and coming up with your own ultimate solution for your own needs is the fun part. The execution of that plan is the difficult part. Once you get started you'll probably regain the excitement you had in the planning stages.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:18 AM   #6045
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl87 View Post
Watched skyfall yet Andrew?

i only watched half so far and I pulled the trigger on a used Oppo 83 in near mint condition, for $300 at my door.

I'll have it on Sunday i could not care less ab out 3D.
Hey Olivier,

Congrats on the Oppo! I could also care less about 3-d, even if I had a 3-d capable tv I still wouldn't care. I've had numerous demos and seen a few movies at the theater in 3-d and it just doesn't do anything for me, not worth spending any extra money on it IMO. I'd rather have better 2-d and audio performance.

I still haven't watched Skyfall yet, I saw it in the theater so I know I'm going to enjoy it. I've been finishing up Season 2 of Game of Thrones, watched the last episode last night. Love that series and it'll be tough to wait until next year for Season 3, I'm too cheap to pay for HBO.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:21 AM   #6046
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman922 View Post
yes i watched it and enjoyed it very much ! great story and soundtrack
What's up Tommy?

Did you listen to the Emotiva Podcast? Looks like they're announcing a tube product next month, I hope it's a tube pre amp. If that's the case I'll have to order one along with a pair of XPA-1L's next time they have a big sale.

Still haven't watched Skyfall yet, hopefully tomorrow.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:38 AM   #6047
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")™

Hey dude -
[Show spoiler]Lol, you do know that you CAN "multi-quote" a few posts, vice quoting Each One individually, don't you? You just click on the "+ to the Right of the QUOTE button itself.
** Boston, MA. - 8 Sports Titles in 11 Years!! (2002-2013) **

** R.I.P. - RICHIE HAYWARD - (2/6/46 - 8/12/10) **
POLK AUDIO: "LIVE IT, BREATHE IT, LOVE IT, BELIEVE IT!" ™
50" Samsung DLP - POLK AUDIO - "7.2" Set-up - Center: CS2 - Front: T90e's
Surrounds: FXi A6's (Side), A3's (Rear) - Subs: 2 PA-120's
Onkyo TX-SR706 - OPPO BDP-83 - DirecTV: "GENIE"/HR-44 HD-DVR - Harmony ONE
BLU-RAYS: 922
Old 02-28-2013, 01:54 AM   #6048
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerodude73 View Post
Hey dude -
[Show spoiler]Lol, you do know that you CAN "multi-quote" a few posts, vice quoting Each One individually, don't you? You just click on the "+ to the Right of the QUOTE button itself.
Ugh, yes I am aware of that Aero. What difference does it make other than being a pet peeve of yours?
Old 02-28-2013, 03:20 AM   #6049
Contributor

Apr 2009
Corner Totem Ave. and Bryston Blvd, Arcam Shire

Thanks Andrew, I will sell the 580 and the DVD48.
Olivier
Panasonic TC-P55ST30
Oppo BDP-83, Bel Canto 3.5vb DAC
Arcam AVR400 Receiver, Bryston 6B-SST Power Amp, Totem Forests Signature L/R, Totem Model One Sig. Center, Totem Mites Surrounds, TotemTress Speaker cables
Nordost White Lightning Interconnects,
JL Audio Fathom f113 Gloss Black, Acco Accoustic Panels

Old 02-28-2013, 03:41 AM   #6050
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2010
Knoxville,TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by aces high View Post
[Show spoiler]Hey Olivier,

Congrats on the Oppo!
I could also care less about 3-d, even if I had a 3-d capable tv I still wouldn't care. I've had numerous demos and seen a few movies at the theater in 3-d and it just doesn't do anything for me, not worth spending any extra money on it IMO. I'd rather have better 2-d and audio performance.

I still haven't watched Skyfall yet, I saw it in the theater so I know I'm going to enjoy it. I've been finishing up Season 2 of Game of Thrones, watched the last episode last night. Love that series and it'll be tough to wait until next year for Season 3, I'm too cheap to pay for HBO.
What's up Aces?

I tried to appreciate 3D for a while, but it just never quite impressed me. After seeing The Hobbit in 48fps 3D, I finally decided that I just don't like it at all. It has too dark contrast, makes my eyes feel weird, and seems gimmicky to me. The 48fps of The Hobbit looked like a behind the scenes video to me too. I didn't think it would look that way since it was filmed natively in 48fps, but to me it had that "video" look of a news broadcast or soap-opera, and looks just like the frame interpolation on my pj to me.

Game of Thrones is my favorite tv show by far. I blind-bought season 1 on BD after reading Ken Brown's review on here for it, and after I watched the whole season in one day(I just couldn't turn it off), I read all of the books. The books obviously have more detail, but so far the show has stuck to the original story amazingly well, and the only thing really missing is the endless wandering around. I don't think I've ever said this about any book to tv show/movie before, but I think I like the show more than the books.
Joe
Old 02-28-2013, 03:58 AM   #6051
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2008
Riverside, CA

so whats happening tonight guys?

Im actually listening to Strauss' Unfinished 8th Symphony atm.
Video: Panasonic 55" P55ST50, Oppo BDP-103
Amplification: Integra DTR-40.2, Naim Nait XS-2 Integrated Amp
2-CH: Jolida FX Tube DAC, MacBook Pro, Audirvana Music Software
Speakers: Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210 C, DM 2/6
Subwoofer:
Hsu VTF-2 MK4, Auralex Subriser
Old 02-28-2013, 04:06 AM   #6052
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl87 View Post
Thanks Andrew, I will sell the 580 and the DVD48.
Would you consider ever getting it upgraded to the SE specification?
Old 02-28-2013, 04:10 AM   #6053
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
555 Naim Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post

Send that shit here! NOW!!
Old 02-28-2013, 04:12 AM   #6054
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogmort View Post
What's up Aces?

I tried to appreciate 3D for a while, but it just never quite impressed me. After seeing The Hobbit in 48fps 3D, I finally decided that I just don't like it at all. It has too dark contrast, makes my eyes feel weird, and seems gimmicky to me. The 48fps of The Hobbit looked like a behind the scenes video to me too. I didn't think it would look that way since it was filmed natively in 48fps, but to me it had that "video" look of a news broadcast or soap-opera, and looks just like the frame interpolation on my pj to me.

Game of Thrones is my favorite tv show by far. I blind-bought season 1 on BD after reading Ken Brown's review on here for it, and after I watched the whole season in one day(I just couldn't turn it off), I read all of the books. The books obviously have more detail, but so far the show has stuck to the original story amazingly well, and the only thing really missing is the endless wandering around. I don't think I've ever said this about any book to tv show/movie before, but I think I like the show more than the books.
What's up Frogger?

I wanted to like 3-D when it was originally released but it has never inspired me to take out my wallet. When viewing 3-D on a flat panel I'm always reminded of a puppet show in a cardboard box, the screens are just too small. Not a fan of frame interpolation either.

My wife blasted threw S2 in two days, I watched one disc a day. It is a great series and I had contemplated reading the books but now I'll just stick to the show on your recommendation. You mentioned that the pq in S2 isn't quite as good as S1 in your thread somewhere, I agree. The PQ in S1 is some of the best I've seen, that's not to say S2 was bad but just didn't quite live up to the first one.

So how are you enjoying the Home Theater Direct speakers? Thinking of recommending them to someone and thought I'd get your take on them first. How do the ribbons sound in comparison to the dome tweeter speakers you've owned/listened to before?
Old 02-28-2013, 04:13 AM   #6055
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2008
Riverside, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rded View Post
Send that shit here! NOW!!
you already have it rhettard....
Subwoofer:
Old 02-28-2013, 04:15 AM   #6056
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:

Just listening to Paul Oakenfold Planet Perfecto Vol 2 right now. How is that cd your listening to? I've got to find a few more classical cd's for my son sometime soon and have no idea what to buy.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:19 AM   #6057
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
555 Naim Street

Quote:
you already have it rhettard....
I'm talking about the oppo, assclown!
Old 02-28-2013, 04:29 AM   #6058
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rded View Post
I'm talking about the oppo, assclown!
An Oppo is too common for someone with the staure of Baron Von Gaylord!
Old 02-28-2013, 04:33 AM   #6059
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2008
Riverside, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by aces high View Post
Just listening to Paul Oakenfold Planet Perfecto Vol 2 right now. How is that cd your listening to? I've got to find a few more classical cd's for my son sometime soon and have no idea what to buy.
Its a decent cd. This and the Dvorak are probably the 2 best classical cd's that i have. It also has the 9th symphony on it too.

Right now im surfing amazon looking for Haydn string quartets or piano symphonies.

Im looking at these two atm. the bavarian radio symphony orchestra is highly regarded, so is the berlin philharmonic. And i know the yellow deutche gramaphone label from other things i have heard.

http://www.amazon.com/Haydn-The-12-L...keywords=haydn

http://www.amazon.com/Haydn-String-Q...keywords=haydn

you should get the gladiator soundtrack, rhett said there is some serious dynamics in that cd. its one im after as well.
Subwoofer:
Old 02-28-2013, 04:49 AM   #6060
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

Quote:
Its a decent cd. This and the Dvorak are probably the 2 best classical cd's that i have. It also has the 9th symphony on it too.

Right now im surfing amazon looking for Haydn string quartets or piano symphonies.

Im looking at these two atm. the bavarian radio symphony orchestra is highly regarded, so is the berlin philharmonic. And i know the yellow deutche gramaphone label from other things i have heard.

http://www.amazon.com/Haydn-The-12-L...keywords=haydn

http://www.amazon.com/Haydn-String-Q...keywords=haydn

you should get the gladiator soundtrack, rhett said there is some serious dynamics in that cd. its one im after as well.
Thanks for the recommendations.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries