Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.98
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
Game of Thrones - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.94
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$94.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$199.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
Oblivion (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Tim Burton Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.49
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 05-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
Power Member

Mar 2011
United Kingdom Iron Man 3

I saw this today on the big screen and loved it . I am looking farward to picking up the trilogy box set if they don't make no 4.

Whats the 3D like in Iron man 3? I only saw it in 2D
What are you? I'm Batman
Old 05-02-2013, 06:40 PM   #2

Jan 2011
Ireland

The 3D really didn't add anything to the film - it was barely noticeable.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by caode View Post
you could tell that by the trailer. It looked like a movie that they slapped on a half arsed " 3D effects" at the end.
Nintendo Network ID/Steam ID: josuv22
Old 05-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #4

Oct 2011
U.K

really enjoyed it. sought it out in 2d, 3d can sod off.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:31 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
United Kingdom
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by caode View Post
As with pretty much all 3D films then
Old 05-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjf78 View Post
really enjoyed it. sought it out in 2d, 3d can sod off.
to right 3D can sod off.
"I'll see you on the Dark Side of The Moon."
Old 05-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #7

Jan 2011
Ireland

I was stuck with a 3D showing since that's what the first midnight screening was sadly. I don't mind a 3D film if it's done right. Avatar for me is still the only proper use of 3D that I've seen (I still haven't seen Hugo or Life of Pi,although I should get watching them, have them sitting here to watch) but it's clearly just been slapped on as an afterthought with Iron Man 3 to boost the box office numbers.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:28 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
Send a message via MSN to Billz

*Enthusiastically points to signature text, lol. *
Hates:
3D
Old 05-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #9

Oct 2009
Devon, UK

Funny enough this was the first film I sought out the 2D version also. I've got tired of putting up with 3D unless its a film that was created with it specifically in mind, ie Avatar, Prometheus.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010
London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz_85 View Post
Funny enough this was the first film I sought out the 2D version also. I've got tired of putting up with 3D unless its a film that was created with it specifically in mind, ie Avatar, Prometheus.
As someone who works in the industry I will say that it's not necessarily a hard and fast rule that something SHOT in 3D will always be better than something converted. If done converted WELL, you can actually fix quite a lot of issues that you can't with a 2-camera setup.

Having said that I still generally prefer 2D and saw IM3 in 2D.

Not sure what the reviewer on this site was thinking giving it 5/10, and the AV Club as well. It's clearly the best Marvel film alongside Avengers, no question. And actually it is more interesting than The Avengers in a number of ways. Looking forward to a Steel I can put next to my IM1

Last edited by nametag; 05-02-2013 at 10:15 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:44 PM   #11
Expert Member

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nametag View Post
Not sure what the reviewer on this site was thinking giving it 5/10, and the AV Club as well. It's clearly the best Marvel film alongside Avengers, no question. And actually it is more interesting than The Avengers in a number of ways. Looking forward to a Steel I can put next to my IM1
Yeah I have to say that I find the film very similar in tone to The Avengers and, whilst I think that both films take the jokiness a bit too far, there shouldn't be a massive difference in the reviews in my opinion. People who raved about The Avengers and then go on about the "shallowness" of Iron Man 3 are really being a bit silly
[Show spoiler]and those who criticise IM3's villain? Loki was well performed but I can't say he or his minions were at all intimidating. The biggest threat seemed to be the committee who wanted to bomb NYC

What's annoyed me most is that a week ago all the reviews were really very positive on RT and yet a week later, after a week of internet backlash, there are a tonne of reviewers now slating the film. This isn't the first film I've seen this happen with. I'm not saying that no one could dislike the film but, when a film has a staggered release, the second wave of reviews (and so on) often seem to reflect the discussions that have come up since the initial release and therefore critique the film differently to those first reviewers (for better or worse) as they try to reflect the public's opinion's rather than their own.

I'd give the film a 4/5 though that could well change with subsequent viewings. I'd also give the first film a 4/5 even though I think it's better but the two films really feel quite different to me so I find them hard to compare.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:20 PM   #12
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008

The amount of bollocks I've read about IM3, especially dumbasses complaining about the lack of time he appears in the armor(s).

Newsflash: Tony Stark is the main character, not his suit. He has always been the main character and would still be watchable, if he'd stuck to making weapons of mass destruction and shagging hot birds.

He has no alter-ego and unlike certain other heroes out of costume, he's not a boring, humourless ****.

Marvel have snuck out a well written and brilliantly irreverent film, masquerading as a summer blockbuster. They are to be commended, not whined at, because you and your annoying kids, want more CGI shit and don't even understand the bloody character.

Ya done good, Hawkins. Ya done good.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:11 AM   #13

Sep 2012
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
The amount of bollocks I've read about IM3, especially dumbasses complaining about the lack of time he appears in the armor(s).

Newsflash: Tony Stark is the main character, not his suit. He has always been the main character and would still be watchable, if he'd stuck to making weapons of mass destruction and shagging hot birds.

He has no alter-ego and unlike certain other heroes out of costume, he's not a boring, humourless ****.

Marvel have snuck out a well written and brilliantly irreverent film, masquerading as a summer blockbuster. They are to be commended, not whined at, because you and your annoying kids, want more CGI shit and don't even understand the bloody character.

+1
"Forget the fat lady. You're obsessed with the fat lady."
Jeff Goldblum, 1996
Old 05-03-2013, 01:12 AM   #14
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
Send a message via MSN to Billz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post

Agreed, but we were complaining about the horribly tacked on 3D, and not the film itself.

(Already seen it twice by the way. Love it more each time. )
Hates:
3D
Old 05-03-2013, 01:39 AM   #15

Oct 2011
U.K

is it too early to say, i hope Disney don't mess up the U.K blu again
Old 05-03-2013, 06:43 AM   #16

Oct 2011
Nottingham, England.

[Show spoiler] Short of some kind of armed insurrection, I suspect they will given what happened with.......well every release in recent times. Best we can hope for is we get it within a few months of the USA and the USA is region free.

Remember we got Avengers in the UK nearly a month before the USA, so it can work both ways, just look at the animated Disney releases - Tinkerbell and the Secret of the wings didn't even get a UK 3D release and parts of Europe get announcements for classics that the UK and USA don't even have on a release list yet!
Preordered: * Gravity 3D/2D * Saving Mr Banks * Frozen US Release *
Old 05-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #17

Oct 2011
Nottingham, England.

Amazon.de saying 4th October for blu ray release - they have the 2D/3D for Euro21.
Preordered: * Gravity 3D/2D * Saving Mr Banks * Frozen US Release *
Old 05-03-2013, 08:58 AM   #18
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesBlurayCollector View Post
to right 3D can sod off.
i agree i hate 3D
Currently: Playing:Wolfenstein The New Order/Tomb Raider The Definitive Edition/Metro Redux/Destiny/The Evil Within
Old 05-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #19
Power Member

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCellUK View Post
Amazon.de saying 4th October for blu ray release - they have the 2D/3D for Euro21.
I hope it comes out early in the uk lets say September
What are you? I'm Batman
Old 05-03-2013, 09:18 AM   #20
Power Member

Aug 2007
Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by joliefan View Post
I hope it comes out early in the uk lets say September
Thinking mid-September, similar to the Avengers release pattern. August 22 for the Netherlands btw
PSN: Mehdi5 XBL: MechanicMan17
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland