Best iTunes Deals

Top iTunes Deals, Cheap iTunes Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Arrow, Season 1 (iTunes)$19.99

Breaking Bad, Season 3 (iTunes)$19.99

Breaking Bad, Season 4 (iTunes)$19.99

Arrow, Season 2 (iTunes)$19.99

The Walking Dead: Season 2 (iTunes)$25.99

Batman, Season 3 (iTunes)$29.99

Batman, Season 2, Part 2 (iTunes)$29.99

Batman, Season 2, Part 1 (iTunes)$29.99

Batman, Season 1 (iTunes)$29.99

The Walking Dead: Season 4 (iTunes)$32.99

The Walking Dead: Season 3 (iTunes)$32.99

House of Cards, Season 1 (iTunes)$19.99

Modern Family, Season 3 (iTunes)$19.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 05-08-2013, 04:20 AM   #1

Feb 2012
Default Wal-Mart/Vudu Pre-Order Thread

I figured I would start a new thread for just the Wal-Mart/Vudu pre-orders that are available in-store. I have listed all of the ones that should still be found in stores. I will add/delete them as the pre-orders change.

Pre-Orders that include the Physical Media
Amazing Spider-man 2

Black Sails -- $34.96 Blu-ray/$29.96 DVD
Includes the first episode of several Starz shows for free.

How to Train Your Dragon 2

The Walking Dead Season 4

Digital Only Pre-Orders
Amazing Spider-man 2

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Guardians of the Galaxy

Maleficent

Planes: Fire and Rescue

Old Pre-Orders (codes still should be active for around one year from release date)
[Show spoiler]

Anchorman 2 -- $24.96 Blu-ray/$19.96 DVD
Includes early access to Anchorman 2 on Vudu (says weeks early). Also includes bonus content from Anchorman 1 instantly on Vudu.
$7.50 movie ticket to see Anchorman 2 or any other Paramount movie.

Frozen -- $24.96 Blu-ray
Includes $8.00 Hollywood Movie Money to see Frozen or any other Disney movie.

Lone Survivor -- $24.96 Blu-ray
Includes bonus Wal-Mart exclusive content.

Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom -- $24.96 Blu-ray/$19.96 DVD
Includes early access to Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom.
Bonus code for one of 10 different movies from Vudu in HDX.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire -- $16.96 DVD/$19.96 for the Blu/DVD/$24.96 for the Hunger Games Double Pack
The double pack includes instant access to the first Hunger Games movie as well as a copy of the Blu-ray to be shipped with Catching Fire Blu-ray.

Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2 -- $24.96 Blu-ray
Pre-order is for the Blu/DVD combo with Lunch Box gift set.
Includes 2 Weeks Early access to Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2 on Vudu. Also includes a bonus feature to watch instantly.

Ender's Game -- $16.96 DVD/$19.96 Blu/DVD
Includes Ender's Game featurette and Episode 1 of Robotech.
Also 2 weeks early access to Ender's Game via Vudu.

Carrie -- $19.96 Blu-ray
Includes 1 week early access to Carrie on Vudu (1/7/14).
Also get the original Carrie in HD on Vudu instantly

Despicable Me 2 -- $26.96
Includes a plush minion, sneak peek of movie via Vudu. Also gets you the Wal-Mart exclusive version of the movie.

Elysium -- $24.96
Includes HDX copy of District 9 available to watch via Vudu immediately and Elysium to watch 2 weeks before release. This pre-order is for the Wal-Mart exclusive 2 pack of District 6/Elysium blu-rays.

Fast and Furious 6 -- $24.96
Includes 30 minutes of behind the scenes footage available to watch immediately. Also the pre-order is for the Wal-Mart exclusive steelbook version of the movie.

The Lone Ranger -- $29.96
Includes Previews of upcoming Disney Attractions via Vudu.
Includes $8 Hollywood Movie Money to see The Lone Ranger or any other Disney movie.
HDX Vudu copy of the movie on release date.

Man of Steel -- $26.96 for the Wal-Mart Exclusive Packaging Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy Combo Pack
Includes collectible 3D Lenticular 5x7 magnet
Ultraviolet copy of the movie before the release day.
Exclusive content available only on Vudu.

One Direction: This Is Us -- $24.96
Includes $8 Movie Money to see the movie in theaters.
Exclusive never been seen footage on the included DVD disc.

Smurfs 2 -- $27.96
Includes $8 Hollywood Movie Money to see Smurfs 2 or any other Sony movie, expires 12/1/13. The Smurfs 1 DVD is included in the case as is instant access to the digital version on Vudu once you redeem the code. You will be entered to win a Smurfs 2 custom electric car as well.

Turbo -- $24.96
*Includes early access to the movie via Vudu. This pre-order is for the Wal-Mart special edition blu-ray with the Turbo toy.

True Blood Season 5 -- $34.96
Includes HDX Vudu copy of True Season 4 and Episode 1 of Season 5.

Pacific Rim -- $24.96
Includes HDX Vudu copy available to steam on 10/1.

GI Joe Retaliation/GI Joe Rise of Cobra Double Pack -- $24.96
Includes HDX UV copy of GI Joe: Rise of Cobra and early access to GI Joe Retaliation via Vudu on 7/16. This pre-order is for the double pack, meaning you will get a blu-ray copy of each movie in the mail on or around GI Joe Retaliation's release date.

Grown Ups 2 -- $24.96
Includes HDX UV copy of Grown Ups 1 available immediately.
This pre-order is for the 2 pack of Grown Ups 2 Blu/DVD combo pack and Grown Ups Blu.

Monsters University -- $26.96 for the Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack
Includes Previews of upcoming Disney Attractions via Vudu.
$8.00 Hollywood Movie Money to see Monsters University or any other Disney movie. (Expires 10/27/13)
Vudu Only Digital Copy of MU on release day

White House Down -- $24.96
Includes HDX UV copy of 2012 available immediately and White House Down 2 weeks before release date.
This pre-order is for the 2 pack of White House Down Blu/DVD combo pack and 2012 Blu.

The Heat -- $19.96
Includes HDX Vudu copy of the movie available to stream on 10/1.

A Good Day to Die Hard -- $19.96
Includes HDX UV copy of A Good Day to Die Hard and HDX Vudu rentals of Die Hard 1 Die Hard 2.

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters -- $24.96
Includes HDX UV copy of Sleepy Hollow plus three weeks early access to Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters on 5/21.

Identity Thief -- $24.96
Includes early access (5/21) to Identity Thief on Vudu.

Oblivion -- $22.96
Includes Vudu copy of Oblivion to watch on 7/23/13.
Pre-order is for the Wal-Mart exclusive metal pak edition of the movie.

Epic -- $19.96
Includes HDX Vudu copy of Bugs of Camouflage: The Hidden World of Insects to watch now and HDX Vudu copy of Epic to watch two weeks before release date.

Pain and Gain -- $24.96
Includes Vudu copy of The Italian Job immediately and Vudu copy of Pain and Gain two weeks early.

The Walking Dead Season 3 -- $42.96
Includes HDX Vudu copy of The Walking Dead Season 3 and exclusive bonus content on Vudu (6 short videos).

Spartacus War of the Damned -- $32.96
Includes HDX Vudu copy of Spartacus Gods of the Arena and HDX Vudu copy of Episode 1 of Da Vinci's Demons.

Sons of Anarchy Season 5 -- $29.96
Includes instant access to Season 5 of Sons of Anarchy on Vudu.

Grimm Season 2 -- $44.96
Includes Vudu copy of Season 2 available to watch immediately.

American Horror Story Asylum (DVD only) -- $29.96
Includes SD Vudu copy of Asylum available immediately.

Defiance Season 1 -- $44.96
Includes Vudu copy of the first 9 episodes immediately and the final 10th episode on 7/9/13.

Iron Man 3 -- $24.96
Includes HDX Vudu copy of Iron Man 3 (Date TBA), plus two short featurettes, and two short sneak peaks.

Star Trek Into Darkness/Star Trek Double Pack -- $24.96
Includes bonus Vudu copy of Star Trek (2009) and 3 weeks early access to Star Trek Into Darkness on Vudu. This pre-order is for the double pack, meaning you will get a blu-ray copy of each movie in the mail on or around Star Trek Into Darkness's release date.

World War Z -- $24.96
Includes UV copy of Cloverfield available immediately and UV copy of World War Z on release date.

Last edited by noone13; 08-10-2014 at 02:37 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:20 AM   #2

Feb 2012

Reserved for FAQ.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:32 AM   #3
Expert Member

Sep 2012

Identity Thief
Price ? I have not seen this in store yet but it is on Vudu's redeem page. http://www.vudu.com/redeemecopy.html?eccid=430406

I hope that is $19.96 instead of the normal $24.96.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:35 AM   #4

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike568 View Post
Identity Thief
Price ? I have not seen this in store yet but it is on Vudu's redeem page. http://www.vudu.com/redeemecopy.html?eccid=430406

I hope that is $19.96 instead of the normal $24.96.
I haven't seen that one yet, I did find Hansel and Gretel today though. I think there is a good chance A Good Day to Die Hard will show up as pre-order as well. Wal-Mart tends to have the same pre-orders as Best Buy and Die Hard is in next weeks Best Buy ad.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #5

Oct 2008
Atlantis

Grain of salt but a rep told me that Man of Steel Vudu pre-order is coming because there's a SKU in the system.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2007
Katy, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by noone13 View Post
I haven't seen that one yet, I did find Hansel and Gretel today though. I think there is a good chance A Good Day to Die Hard will show up as pre-order as well. Wal-Mart tends to have the same pre-orders as Best Buy and Die Hard is in next weeks Best Buy ad.
I've seen the display holder for A Good Day to Die Hard. It comes with a VUDU copy of Die Hard 5 available starting 5/14 and also throws in Die Hard 1 & 2 on VUDU.

I've already got the first 2 movies, but for those who don't, that's a helluva good deal. One thing to note though is that Die Hard 2 is cropped to 1.78:1 on VUDU.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #7

Jan 2008
Silicon Valley

With an in-store pre-order I assume you have to pay up front. What happens if they drop the price for release day. Do they refund or are you SOL ?
1500+ Blu and and the significant other's given up counting :)

Meridian DSP5000, DSP5000C, 2500, DSP3100
Meridian 565/562
Oppo BDP-103
Old 05-08-2013, 09:03 PM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2007
Katy, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_d_drake View Post
With an in-store pre-order I assume you have to pay up front. What happens if they drop the price for release day. Do they refund or are you SOL ?
No idea. I suppose you could try to pricematch their own lower price.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #9

Jan 2013

Quote:
They don't refund. They treat the preorder as a "special" deal with a different sku. The additional content that you preorder including early access to the film is what you're paying for.

Most likely, the cost will be lower on release day.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #10

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinTravs View Post
Grain of salt but a rep told me that Man of Steel Vudu pre-order is coming because there's a SKU in the system.
There will be Man of Steel pre-orders, just not sure how the details of it will work.

http://www.walmart.com/cp/1104132?po...4+1139.2969-L0

Quote:
Originally Posted by swd0010 View Post
They don't refund. They treat the preorder as a "special" deal with a different sku. The additional content that you preorder including early access to the film is what you're paying for.

Most likely, the cost will be lower on release day.
This is true and once I get around to it I will add the information to a FAQ. On the plus side though almost every time I have done a pre-order like this I have gotten the movie before the release date.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:44 PM   #11
Expert Member

Sep 2012

Quote:
I haven't seen Identity Thief instore yet. I hope Best Buy has a Pre-order deal for Identity Thief where you get a free CinemaNow code for it 2 weeks earlier. Universal Studio's is UV on CinemaNow so it would transfer to Vudu.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:46 PM   #12
Expert Member

Sep 2012

Quote:
If you do a Best Buy pre-order that you get a CinemaNow code they will lower the price on release day. You may have to call and price match because I don't think it automatic.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:03 AM   #13
Special Member

Oct 2010
New England, USA

It might make sense to add older ones, as if someone is able to get a hold of the package on eBay or something, they often have like a year in which to claim them (other than them not being "pre-orders" anymore, people might still opt for these in some cases, as they have exclusive feature sets).
Like getting Twilight + special features free with the Breaking Dawn Part 2;
featurette with Django
Bonus features with Hobbit
Croods sneak peak with Rise of the Guardians
QoS or CR free with Skyfall
Bonus features with Game of Thrones S2
Special Features with Amazing Spider-Man
something with Dark Knight trilogy ? (Can't remember, didn't do that one)
Featurette with MIB3

There were others I didn't buy and don't remember, but that's some of them. I can try to look for the redemption slips to check whether the codes can still be claimed, even if they aren't pre-orders anymore.

As much as I enjoyed the movie, Hansel & Gretel is going to be one of the first I'm going to pass on, as I'm getting the digibook at Target, and 3D version somewhere. And the 3D was enough fun in it, I doubt I'll choose to rewatch it in the bonus period. Meaning the only reason I would preorder it to get it early, was for the others in my UV family, but most of the time these pre-orders haven't been UV til release date lately, so I'm currently giving this one a pass.
Now running in 3D with the LG Cinema 3D (nominally showing 3D in 1080i per eye) 47LW6500 (up-or-down-or-side-graded from a 50" Sammy 3D Plasma) and a Benq W1080ST and a 130" screen.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:22 AM   #14

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by seregloth View Post
It might make sense to add older ones, as if someone is able to get a hold of the package on eBay or something, they often have like a year in which to claim them (other than them not being "pre-orders" anymore, people might still opt for these in some cases, as they have exclusive feature sets).
Like getting Twilight + special features free with the Breaking Dawn Part 2;
featurette with Django
Bonus features with Hobbit
Croods sneak peak with Rise of the Guardians
QoS or CR free with Skyfall
Bonus features with Game of Thrones S2
Special Features with Amazing Spider-Man
something with Dark Knight trilogy ? (Can't remember, didn't do that one)
Featurette with MIB3

There were others I didn't buy and don't remember, but that's some of them. I can try to look for the redemption slips to check whether the codes can still be claimed, even if they aren't pre-orders anymore.

As much as I enjoyed the movie, Hansel & Gretel is going to be one of the first I'm going to pass on, as I'm getting the digibook at Target, and 3D version somewhere. And the 3D was enough fun in it, I doubt I'll choose to rewatch it in the bonus period. Meaning the only reason I would preorder it to get it early, was for the others in my UV family, but most of the time these pre-orders haven't been UV til release date lately, so I'm currently giving this one a pass.
I hadn't thought of adding the older releases since Wal-Marts by me always pull the pre-orders the week before the title comes out. When I get a chance I will add those in. You are right though that the codes don't expire until a year or more after the movie comes out so it would be helpful information.

I really like these pre-order deals, I am pretty sure I have done all of them so far. I do wish they would add in the 3D versions as an option, Hansel and Gretel is a perfect example and so was The Hobbit.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:54 AM   #15

Sep 2010

Live Free or Die Hard is now available to preorder as well.. DO not know if it comes with any other bonuses though.

Could we add prices to the newer preorders as well please.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:03 AM   #16

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgiovanni View Post
Live Free or Die Hard is now available to preorder as well.. DO not know if it comes with any other bonuses though.

Could we add prices to the newer preorders as well please.
I'll add Die Hard tomorrow after I know the price and bonuses it might come with for sure. I will double check the prices on the couple I guessed on to make it more accurate.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:08 AM   #17

Sep 2010

Quote:
I'll add Die Hard tomorrow after I know the price and bonuses it might come with for sure. I will double check the prices on the couple I guessed on to make it more accurate.
Can you also check if stores received Identity Thief prerders (can someone confirm with price).
Old 05-14-2013, 10:27 PM   #18
Special Member

Oct 2010
New England, USA

The WM I checked had a poster up for the GDtDH promo. Looks like you'll get Die Hard, Die Harder in the bundle. I saw a placeholder on the shelves for it, priced at $19.96 (although my store didn't actually have them).
Now running in 3D with the LG Cinema 3D (nominally showing 3D in 1080i per eye) 47LW6500 (up-or-down-or-side-graded from a 50" Sammy 3D Plasma) and a Benq W1080ST and a 130" screen.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:50 AM   #19

Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by seregloth View Post
The WM I checked had a poster up for the GDtDH promo. Looks like you'll get Die Hard, Die Harder in the bundle. I saw a placeholder on the shelves for it, priced at $19.96 (although my store didn't actually have them).
Someone on the Vudu Forum reported that Die Hard & Die Hard 2 are only rentals.

Quote:
This purchase includes a DIGITAL HD version of A Good Day to Die Hard.
Watch bonus rental versions of Die Hard and Die Hard 2 in HD beginning 5/14/13. A combo pack that includes the Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy of A Good Day to Die Hard will be delivered to your home on or around 6/04/13.
Too bad. I would have bought it if those two movies were included.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:42 AM   #20
Special Member

Oct 2010
New England, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBDave View Post
Someone on the Vudu Forum reported that Die Hard & Die Hard 2 are only rentals.

Too bad. I would have bought it if those two movies were included.
I can confirm that. As I owned them anyway, I'm just happy this preorder is uv enabled, so I can share it in its earliness. I ended up finding it on my way home at a different Wal-Mart. Posting the two movie rental code in the free codes thread soon.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies