Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Kingpin (Blu-ray)
$14.39
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$55.95
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.95
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Red Cliff Part I & II (Blu-ray)
$13.39
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.91
McLintock! (Blu-ray)
$10.20
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Tim Burton Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.49
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 03-25-2013, 05:33 AM   #141

Mar 2013

Is this the 1939 classic Wizard Of Oz? If so, considering it's status it will have to be a top notch conversion. I'm in.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #142
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gepetto2 View Post
Is this the 1939 classic Wizard Of Oz? If so, considering it's status it will have to be a top notch conversion. I'm in.
Yes it is. I'm looking forward to this one.....as long as they do the 3D justice.
My mancave:

Displays - Sony Bravia 3D 55HX800, Epson 3D 3020 (124")
Players - Sony BDP-S570, Sony BDP-S590
Game system - Sony PS3 320GB
Computer - Mac 27" i5 1 terabyte hdd (1 terabyte back up hdd)
Portable Devices - iPad (4th gen A6 64GB), MacBook Pro (17" i5 500GB), iPod Touch (5th gen A5 32GB)
Old 03-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #143

Jan 2013

I have yet to see the '39 classic in its entirety but will certainly be giving a 3D version a shot. I hope they keep the B/w scenes 'flat' in keeping with the flavour of the original artistic decision that saw the colour introduced only on Ounce ...I mean Oz.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #144
Power Member

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by gepetto2 View Post
Warner Bros. Home Video Announces New 3D Conversion of THE WIZARD OF OZ
Quote:
However the biggest surprise was an announcement that they’re currently working on a special restoration and conversion of the 1939 classic The Wizard of Oz from 2D to 3D. The new 3D edition of The Wizard of Oz will hit shelves everywhere sometime next year in September or October.
Avatar: "The Annunciation to the Shepherds" Painting by Nicolas Berchem (1680-1683)
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection
Old 03-26-2013, 02:59 AM   #145
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Ounce View Post
I have yet to see the '39 classic in its entirety but will certainly be giving a 3D version a shot. I hope they keep the B/w scenes 'flat' in keeping with the flavour of the original artistic decision that saw the colour introduced only on Ounce ...I mean Oz.
I see what you're saying about keeping things flat and sepia toned till Dorothy enters Oz. I'd still prefer they add 3D for the whole movie, but this might be the one case where "3D storytelling" would actually work in this case.

Tron Legacy did it, Sam finally going 3D when he entered the Grid, but because the 3D in the movie was not very dimensional compared to strong 3D efforts like Hugo, Avatar, Journey to the Center of the Earth or the very strong 3D of Flying Swords of Dragon Gate, the effect was not dramatic. (Push the 3D for Tron 3 please!)

GI Joe Retaliation 3D this Thursday.
The Croods 3D? Very strong! Awesome. Hit theaters this past Friday.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #146
Power Member

Jul 2007

Added two films to the 2013 "Native 3D" Category list:

The Banshee Chapter
Flight of the Butterflies

Added one film to the 2013 "Converted 3D" Category list:

World War Z

Link to the movie list in Post #1

Quote:
THE BANSHEE CHAPTER centers on a female journalist (Winter) who follows the mysterious trail of a missing friend (McMillian) who had been experimenting with mind-altering chemicals developed in secret government drug tests. A fast-paced blend of fact and fiction, the story is based on real documents, actual test subject testimony, and uncovered secrets about covert programs run by the CIA.
Source: TBC ^^^ Deadline Hollywood
Quote:
FLIGHT OF THE BUTTERFLIES is a 2012 Canadian documentary film directed and co-written by Mike Slee for 3D IMAX, starring Megan Follows, Gordon Pinsent, and Shaun Benson.[1] The film covers Dr Fred Urquhart's nearly 40-year-long scientific investigation into the monarch butterfly (Danaus plexippus), tracking the details of what is considered one of the longest known insect migrations: The flight of the monarch butterfly from Central Mexico to The United States and Canada and back.
Source: FOTB ^^^ Wikipedia
Quote:
WORLD WAR Z is an upcoming apocalyptic horror film directed by Marc Forster and written by Matthew Michael Carnahan. It is based on the novel of the same name by Max Brooks. Brad Pitt stars as Gerry Lane, a worker at the United Nations, as he searches the globe for information that can stop the zombie outbreak that is bringing down nations
Source: WWZ ^^^ Wikipedia
Avatar: "The Annunciation to the Shepherds" Painting by Nicolas Berchem (1680-1683)
BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection

Last edited by Paul H; 05-23-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:19 AM   #147
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA
Thumbs up

Thanks for all of the updates Paul. This is a favorite thread.

EDIT
Off TOPIC: Somewhere in the 3D forum earlier, it was suggested The Lone Ranger might be in 3D. Before Star Trek Into Darkness 3D, the newest 2D trailer of The Lone Ranger appeared. I was waiting at the end for it to say "also in 3D" but for a split second it said "July 3RD", which viewed briefly, could resemble "3D". Same thing with the TV spots. I can pretty much close the case that Lone Ranger won't be in 3D, only 2D from Disney, which is surprising and slightly disappointing, but still looks like a good movie.

Last edited by Zivouhr; 05-27-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:49 AM   #148
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA

Elsyium is another sci fi this summer that won't be in 3D, 2D only. It has Matt Damon and Jodie Foster, but the trailer didn't reveal much about the story.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:02 AM   #149
Special Member

Jun 2010
CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Elsyium is another sci fi this summer that won't be in 3D, 2D only. It has Matt Damon and Jodie Foster, but the trailer didn't reveal much about the story.
I still can't believe Elysium won't be 3D. I think it would be even more enticing in the format imo
Old 06-20-2013, 01:57 AM   #150
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA
Lightbulb

Agreed. It probably was thought of at some point, but they decided to go 2D only. It definitely takes away some of the magic of going to see a movie, but if it has a lot of action as suggested by the armed troops in red stepping out of that ship, I'll likely check it out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elysium_%28film%29

Next up, WWZ 3D, Turbo 3D. Pacific Rim 3D, RIPD 3D. What else am I missing?

For those seeing Monsters University 3D, keep us updated on the 3D as it's looking stronger than past 3D Disney Computer animated films.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:26 AM   #151

Jun 2013

Quote:
Agreed. It probably was thought of at some point, but they decided to go 2D only. It definitely takes away some of the magic of going to see a movie, but if it has a lot of action as suggested by the armed troops in red stepping out of that ship, I'll likely check it out.

For those seeing Monsters University 3D, keep us updated on the 3D as it's looking stronger than past 3D Disney Computer animated films.
Don't forget Despicable Me 2.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:32 AM   #152

Oct 2011
St. Louis

Quote:
I'm interested in this because the guy who did District 9 made this and I thought that was a pretty good movie.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:38 AM   #153

Oct 2011
St. Louis

I'm a little surprised that Riddick isn't in 3D. Seems from the trailer that it's a movie that would have really benefited from 3D.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:31 AM   #154
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2012

Quote:

Wolverine 3D.
My mancave:

Displays - Sony Bravia 3D 55HX800, Epson 3D 3020 (124")
Players - Sony BDP-S570, Sony BDP-S590
Game system - Sony PS3 320GB
Computer - Mac 27" i5 1 terabyte hdd (1 terabyte back up hdd)
Portable Devices - iPad (4th gen A6 64GB), MacBook Pro (17" i5 500GB), iPod Touch (5th gen A5 32GB)
Old 06-20-2013, 08:18 AM   #155
Special Member

Jun 2010
CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogofwar View Post
I'm interested in this because the guy who did District 9 made this and I thought that was a pretty good movie.
I'm still seeing it regardless, cause I thought Blomkamp's last film was a masterpiece!
Old 06-20-2013, 08:22 AM   #156
Special Member

Jun 2010
CA

Quote:
I'm a little surprised that Riddick isn't in 3D. Seems from the trailer that it's a movie that would have really benefited from 3D.
Ditto on that one now that I think of it. Home release in 3D anyone? ( I can dream lol)
Old 06-20-2013, 09:06 AM   #157
Special Member

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseeley View Post
Ditto on that one now that I think of it. Home release in 3D anyone? ( I can dream lol)
Universal? Seriously? Keep dreaming...

fitprod
Old 06-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #158
Special Member

Jun 2010
CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitprod View Post
Universal? Seriously? Keep dreaming...

fitprod
Old 06-20-2013, 10:44 PM   #159
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011
USA
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Ellis View Post
Don't forget Despicable Me 2.
Oh yeah. July 3rd, same day as Lone Ranger sadly. Those little yellow pills make a lot of people laugh each time the trailer plays.

Quote:
Elysium does look interesting and knowing he's behind it, we're in store for some cool action.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mseeley View Post
Riddick not getting 3D is disappointing. Would have been awesome. Glad to see this getting one more round for the series. Cool character, though Pitch Black will be tough to top even now. I have to track down part 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taygan315 View Post
Wolverine 3D.
Heck yeah, thanks.
My next most anticipated 3D movie of the summer. 3D looked great.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:20 AM   #160
Special Member

Jun 2010
CA

Wolverine looked amazing in 3D and is one of my most anticipated summer movies besides Pacific Rim 3D this has been such a great summer movie season so far and I'm soooo looking forward to World War Z 3D and Monster's University 3D tomorrow. So proud to be a supporter and lover of 3D!

Last edited by mseeley; 06-21-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies