Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Devil's Due (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$96.32
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Far and Away (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome (Blu-ray)
$11.98
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals

Old 07-11-2013, 07:54 AM   #3981
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2010
Rockford, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunk Golden View Post
Boo on the $5 movie cash, BTW. I prefer my movie cash to be $10 or more (the "or more" is very rare these days). $10 is the real sweet spot for my favorite theater's pricing (and taking advantage of the movie cash + Stubs dollars).
When they do the $5 cash, they clearly aren't even pretending it's getting you a free ticket. They're just offering you $5 off your ticket. Paying like $5 is better than paying $10, right?
The Official Movie Money/Movie Cash/Free Ticket Thread - first post always updated with all current promotions!
My Letterboxd Page - Make yours and follow mine!
Old 07-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #3982
Special Member

Nov 2010
IOW(BL)A(H)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaphile View Post
When they do the $5 cash, they clearly aren't even pretending it's getting you a free ticket. They're just offering you $5 off your ticket. Paying like $5 is better than paying $10, right?
Surely. But I'd REALLY have to want the Blu (or it would have to be at a great price point - $5 or less) for me to bite. I just don't go for the $5 movie cash. $7.50/$8.00 is okay, but the $10 works so great around here.
"Who is Guy..Meatdrapes? What kinda' name is that?" "Um..it's um..Medrapades sir, it's uh, it's Greek." "Well I think you're pronouncing it wrong. This says Meatdrapes." "It's actually pronounced, um, Medrapades." "Well why doesn't it sound like that when I say it? Meatdrapes."
Old 07-11-2013, 06:24 PM   #3983
Special Member

Dec 2009
Buffalo, NY

For those of you ordering titles through Amazon, are you receiving multiple promo codes for a single promotion. I ordered 2 blus that were part of the Cloudy 2 promo. Amzaon only sent me one promo code and I see now that per their promo conditions it's one promo code per customer. I didn't read that when ordering so bad on me. Seems silly that it would be that way. I would have never thought that.

Last edited by dawgyjay; 07-11-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #3984

Apr 2013
Milwaukee, WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari_Gold View Post
I was at Walmart today and they had tons of the $8 WB movie cash (Pacific Rim/Conjuring/We're the Millers).
Only $7.88 each! They also had the DVDs of each for $5.00 which include $5 for the same movies. Pretty awesome deal.
Thanks for the heads up on Walmart. Went this morning and mine finally had these out. $7.88 for a blu and ticket is a great price.(especially since I would have paid $15 for Pan's Labyrinth with a ticket) Might go back and get a couple more.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #3985

Jul 2011
Charlotte, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgyjay View Post
For those of you ordering titles through Amazon, are you receiving multiple promo codes for a single promotion. I ordered 2 blus that were part of the Cloudy 2 promo. Amzaon only sent me one promo code and I see now that per their promo conditions it's one promo code per customer. I didn't read that when ordering so bad on me. Seems silly that it would be that way. I would have never thought that.
One promo code per promotion per account. I won't say it's always been that way, but I can't recall it ever being different.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #3986
Special Member

Nov 2010
IOW(BL)A(H)

My Amazon movie cash e-mailed/mailed codes
UPDATED

[Show spoiler]21 Jump Street $12.00
E-mailed $10 code from Amazon for This Is The End
E-mailed $10 code from Amazon for White House Down
Attached $10 sticker for This Is The End
The 2nd e-mailed $10 code died a while back -- now you only get 1 e-mailed code

Big Daddy $7.99
E-mailed $10 code for Grown Ups 2
Attached $10 sticker for Grown Ups 2

Monster House $7.99
E-mailed $10 code for Smurfs 2/Cloudy 2
Attached $10 sticker for Smurfs 2/Cloudy 2

Green Hornet 3D $14.99 (different account)
No sticker attached

Click $9.99 (different account)
No sticker attached

Paul Blart $7.99
E-mailed $10 code for Smurfs 2/Cloudy 2
No sticker attached
"Who is Guy..Meatdrapes? What kinda' name is that?" "Um..it's um..Medrapades sir, it's uh, it's Greek." "Well I think you're pronouncing it wrong. This says Meatdrapes." "It's actually pronounced, um, Medrapades." "Well why doesn't it sound like that when I say it? Meatdrapes."
Old 07-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #3987
Special Member

Nov 2010
IOW(BL)A(H)

And thanks to whichever poster mentioned going to Target and matching the Fantastic Four DVD's ($7 or $8 at Target) to Amazon ($5) (with each having the $10 Wolverine cash).
Old 07-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #3988
Special Member

Dec 2009
Buffalo, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlcressey View Post
One promo code per promotion per account. I won't say it's always been that way, but I can't recall it ever being different.
Thanks. Again, my fault for not reading the terms of the promo. It seems odd that it's that way. At least to me.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:46 PM   #3989
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2010
Rockford, IL

DirecTV subscribers can get $10 movie cash for The Wolverine when you order 2 of the XMen/Wolverine movies through DirecTV.
The Official Movie Money/Movie Cash/Free Ticket Thread - first post always updated with all current promotions!
Old 07-11-2013, 11:50 PM   #3990

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaphile View Post
DirecTV subscribers can get $10 movie cash for The Wolverine when you order 2 of the XMen/Wolverine movies through DirecTV.
As a warning they did this promotion with Die Hard 5 and even though I ordered the right movies I never got the free ticket. Of course when I contacted them they had no clue what I was talking about.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-12-2013, 03:35 AM   #3991
Expert Member

Feb 2012
U.S.S. Enterprise

Thinking of MIB or MIB II for the grown ups 2 promo but now torn since no way to know if there will be a sticker on the case or not with those two but there is one on Big Daddy. I have all 3 of those movies already so really want to get promo code by email + one on the case to make it worth the double dip. If anybody has tried MIB/MIB II would appreciate knowing if the promo sticker is on the package as well.
My For Sale/For Trade Thread: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=195194
Old 07-12-2013, 03:45 AM   #3992

Dec 2011
North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlickFab View Post
Thinking of MIB or MIB II for the grown ups 2 promo but now torn since no way to know if there will be a sticker on the case or not with those two but there is one on Big Daddy. I have all 3 of those movies already so really want to get promo code by email + one on the case to make it worth the double dip. If anybody has tried MIB/MIB II would appreciate knowing if the promo sticker is on the package as well.
I bought MIB from amazon and only received email code. There was no code attached to the case.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:47 AM   #3993
Expert Member

Feb 2012
U.S.S. Enterprise

Thanks for letting me know that. I guess that means I need to buy Big Daddy instead.
My For Sale/For Trade Thread: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=195194
Old 07-12-2013, 04:23 AM   #3994

Jul 2013

Just received my copy of Big Daddy from Amazon and it did NOT include a movie cash sticker. I also got Madagacar (DVD) and it also did not have a movie cash sticker for Turbo. But Surf's Up (BR) did have a sticker for Smurfs 2 and Cloudy 2.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #3995

Jun 2012
Texas

Made a BBY and Target run yesterday.

First stop was Target. Bought only movie money discs:

Gladiator B1R2 code Warner Brothers version with confirmed Black Title Letter opening $8 WB ticket
War of the Worlds & Minority Report $7.50 HMM
Hancock $10 Sony
Surf's Up & Milo and Otis $10 Smurfs2 and Cloudy2
Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief $8 HMM
Battleship & The Bourne Legacy $8 Fandango R.I.P.D. Kick-Ass2
Platoon $5 Fox
Fantastic 4 & Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer both DVDs (F4 has DTS audio option) $10 HMM for Wolverine

Went to BBY and didn't find any new movie money offers since my last visit in mid-June. Had 3 BD to exchange since 2 of them had been damaged in shipping (the white, unpadded plastic envelopes were used) and Babe was received with an expired Fandango Les Mis ticket. Found replacement BDs for the 2 damaged ones but since the shipped Babe UPC code didn't match the stores Babe-Despicable Me2 ticket BD, they told me I had to contact BBY shipping to resolve. That was the one I contracted to buy in the order! BBY can suck it!
Panasonic 3D
Denon 7.1 w/Aperion Speakers

I got the Blu's...Latest 3D purchase...Star Trek Into Darkness

Latest 2D purchase...Columbo DVD

Latest viewing...Halloween 35th Anniv
Old 07-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #3996

Jun 2013

Went to Target and price matched the following to Amazon prices:

Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader dvd
$5 on Amazon ($7 in store) Had $8HMM

Percy Jackson & the Olympians The lightning Thief dvd
$4.99 on Amazon ($7 in store) Had $8HMM

Chronicles of Riddick Directors Cut blu ray
$8.49 on Amazon (9.99 in store) Had $8 Fandango

If you already purchased these from Target you have 7 days to bring in your receipt and proof of current lower price and theyll match it.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #3997
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2011
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvholik View Post
Just received my copy of Big Daddy from Amazon and it did NOT include a movie cash sticker. I also got Madagacar (DVD) and it also did not have a movie cash sticker for Turbo. But Surf's Up (BR) did have a sticker for Smurfs 2 and Cloudy 2.
I got Big Daddy the other day and got no code on the package either.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #3998
Special Member

Dec 2009
Buffalo, NY

Got my Amazon order of Monster House and Paul Blart today. Both came with a movie cash sticker.

If it helps, they came from Pittsburgh.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:23 AM   #3999
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2010
Rockford, IL

Movie Cash Thread Post #4,000! (and 200 pages!)

For anyone who has purchased some of these, I have some blanks in the OP if anybody can help me fill them in, specifically:

* the new $5 Movie Money seen at Target on Platoon, etc (expiration date, redemption url, more bd titles)
* the Fox summer movie money seen at Walmart (redemption url, titles)
* Mortal Instruments (expiration, redemption url)
* RIPD/Kick-Ass 2 (redemption url)

Last edited by cinemaphile; 07-13-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #4000
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Northern VA, USA

I picked up Pan's Labyrinth with the $8 WB movie cash since I plan to see Pacific Rim. However, the movie cash sticker was really hard to peel off and the reverse side of the sticker with the code was unreadable after getting the sticker off. Fortunately I could make out an imprint of the code in the shrinkwrap. I think someone didn't think that through very well.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals