COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Defiance: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$37.99
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$80.76
The Ring (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Fed Up (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Americano (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Dukas: Ariane et Barbe-Bleue | Liceu (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$17.99
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Lost Boys (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Congo (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Jack Ryan Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.79
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Seasons 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$48.78
Old 07-17-2013, 04:02 AM   #81
shrex shrex is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
shrex's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
Chicago
976
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu-ray_girl_fan View Post
Please read the posts in this short thread.
Sorry, I skim through most posts on here now..it's a shame this film in general didn't get more bonus content.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:26 AM   #82
Thesis Thesis is offline
Expert Member
 
Thesis's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Burbank, CA
615
55
Default

I planned on picking this up earlier today, but I decided to pass on it. Is it worth the blind buy?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:44 AM   #83
blu-ray_girl_fan blu-ray_girl_fan is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2009
1
87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesis View Post
I planned on picking this up earlier today, but I decided to pass on it. Is it worth the blind buy?
$23 (or $18 at Best Buy with U&S) is a little high for a blind buy. I would buy a copy, keep it sealed, and rent the DVD for free from Redbox first.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:45 AM   #84
Breather Breather is offline
Senior Member
 
Breather's Avatar
 
May 2011
USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrex View Post
Sorry, I skim through most posts on here now..it's a shame this film in general didn't get more bonus content.
I picked it up earlier but I haven't watched the special features yet. On the package, it says 30 minutes of exclusive bonus content. The two features are called:

-A Partnership for the Ages
-Net Impact
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:46 AM   #85
Thesis Thesis is offline
Expert Member
 
Thesis's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Burbank, CA
615
55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu-ray_girl_fan View Post
$23 (or $18 at Best Buy with U&S) is a little high for a blind buy. I would buy a copy, keep it sealed, and rent the DVD for free from Redbox first.
How do you rent the DVD for free? In addition, is the movie not blind buy worthy?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:47 AM   #86
blu-ray_girl_fan blu-ray_girl_fan is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2009
1
87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesis View Post
How do you rent the DVD for free? In addition, is the movie not blind buy worthy?
Some parts are quite powerful, but it takes a while to get going IMO.

You can use promo code DVDNIGHT to rent from Redbox for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breather View Post
I picked it up earlier but I haven't watched the special features yet. On the package, it says 30 minutes of exclusive bonus content. The two features are called:

-A Partnership for the Ages
-Net Impact
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...3&postcount=47

Last edited by blu-ray_girl_fan; 07-17-2013 at 04:54 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:56 AM   #87
Thesis Thesis is offline
Expert Member
 
Thesis's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Burbank, CA
615
55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu-ray_girl_fan View Post
Some parts are quite powerful, but it takes a while to get going IMO.

You can use promo code DVDNIGHT to rent from Redbox for free.



http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...3&postcount=47
Interesting. Thanks for the info! I wonder if I'll still be able to find the Target exclusive in-store tomorrow. The Target exclusive basically includes those two extra feature you mentioned above, right?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:06 AM   #88
Breather Breather is offline
Senior Member
 
Breather's Avatar
 
May 2011
USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu-ray_girl_fan View Post
Yeah, I finally went back and read the thread and noticed that on Page 3. I'll have to watch those exclusives tomorrow. Hopefully worth the extra $5.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:02 AM   #89
King Troll King Troll is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2012
686
127
Default

Just as good the second time around, if not better
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:57 AM   #90
IndyMLVC IndyMLVC is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
IndyMLVC's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
New York City, NY
2
539
70
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu-ray_girl_fan View Post
They're kinda blurry, actually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ Smoove View Post
Well, no offense to you personally, but your crooked blurry pics aren't good enough. They may be accepted temporarily, but a HQ stock image is preferred for the site.


Quote:
Originally Posted by King Troll View Post
Just as good the second time around, if not better
I'm trying to get everyone I know to watch it. So amazing.
An OT release of the Star Wars Trilogy is the "gay marriage" of home video: the dark side keeps fighting against it, saying that only a small amount of people really want it. However, in no way will it affect their love and enjoyment of their current "situation."
And the good side realizes that it will make millions of people happy and society will only benefit from it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #91
King Troll King Troll is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2012
686
127
Default

If anyone is debating on getting the target exclusive or the regular

Get the exclusive

It has an extra 40 minutes of bonus features w/ interviews and a behind the scenes look of Jackie & his wife

And it has a better slip IMO its MUCH better in person
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:40 PM   #92
Chaotic Chaotic is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Chaotic's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Default

i like the regular slip more. the floating heads ruin the exclusive one
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:55 PM   #93
Tony208 Tony208 is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
Tony208's Avatar
 
May 2010
NYC
397
309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesis View Post
I planned on picking this up earlier today, but I decided to pass on it. Is it worth the blind buy?
sure worth a blind buy but I didn't see anything that would make me want to watch it again and again

your standard feel good story about using baseball to break down racial barriers backed up with good performances
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #94
Batmon77 Batmon77 is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Batmon77's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony208 View Post
sure worth a blind buy but I didn't see anything that would make me want to watch it again and again

your standard feel good story about using baseball to break down racial barriers backed up with good performances
Yeah, its good, but not phenomenal. ill watch again but it will sit until i wanna show someone.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #95
animefan77 animefan77 is offline
Special Member
 
Aug 2009
1617
83
3
43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Troll View Post
If anyone is debating on getting the target exclusive or the regular

Get the exclusive

It has an extra 40 minutes of bonus features w/ interviews and a behind the scenes look of Jackie & his wife
Can you give more detail on the exclusive extras?
Is the featurette about the "real" Jackie & his wife or is it the "actor" Jackie & his wife and how their relationship were?

I'm really more interested in real biography, so if they have footage and story of "real" Jackie & his wife. Then I would be more interested in getting it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #96
King Troll King Troll is offline
Banned
 
Jun 2012
686
127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by animefan77 View Post
Can you give more detail on the exclusive extras?
Is the featurette about the "real" Jackie & his wife or is it the "actor" Jackie & his wife and how their relationship were?

I'm really more interested in real biography, so if they have footage and story of "real" Jackie & his wife. Then I would be more interested in getting it.
Both
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #97
animefan77 animefan77 is offline
Special Member
 
Aug 2009
1617
83
3
43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Troll View Post
Both
Thanks, I will probably buy this then. Still disppointed that we didn't get more extensive documentary about the real Jackie Robinson. I'm sure there are some documentary out there that are longer than few 10 min featurettes that were included here. Like the PBS Biography about Cary Grant in the North By Northwest Blu-ray - that was awesome extra.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:51 PM   #98
Batmon77 Batmon77 is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Batmon77's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by animefan77 View Post
Thanks, I will probably buy this then. Still disppointed that we didn't get more extensive documentary about the real Jackie Robinson. I'm sure there are some documentary out there that are longer than few 10 min featurettes that were included here. Like the PBS Biography about Cary Grant in the North By Northwest Blu-ray - that was awesome extra.
Ive watched about 4 out of the 5 extras and there was not one piece of archival footage of Jackie. Its either current interviews (The wife,Ford, Campenalla, director, etc.. or black & white photos. Thats all.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #99
IndyMLVC IndyMLVC is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
IndyMLVC's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
New York City, NY
2
539
70
10
Default

Can't believe there was no commentary for this one. Seems like a no-brainer.
An OT release of the Star Wars Trilogy is the "gay marriage" of home video: the dark side keeps fighting against it, saying that only a small amount of people really want it. However, in no way will it affect their love and enjoyment of their current "situation."
And the good side realizes that it will make millions of people happy and society will only benefit from it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:01 AM   #100
MikeScott MikeScott is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
MikeScott's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
189
Thumbs up

Normally I'm not a big fan of the inspirational sports movie. I really had no real interest in seeing this. But I thought it would be something my parents might enjoy so I decided to watch it with them. It was actually really enjoyable. It doesn't do anything new but I was entertained. I'm honestly surprised it was over 2 hours long because when it ended I couldn't believe it was already over. The time went by fast and I felt like there was more to tell.

B
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:11 PM.