Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Pumpkinhead (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Gounod: Faust (Blu-ray)
$32.50
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$172.59
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Nekromantik (Blu-ray)
$20.19
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.98
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Game of Thrones - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.94
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Continuum: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$44.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #121
Special Member

Oct 2007
Green Bay, Wisconsin

Craig Baxley is a god. Hopefully they release "Stone Cold" with Brian Bosworth as well.
Im all about the Ultraviolet copy
Still waiting for Pacific Rim 2

Sega Saturn - GREATEST GAME SYSTEM EVER!
PSN:Solomon_Kane1973
XBOX LIVE ID:Legocyborgzero
Old 06-09-2013, 04:39 PM   #122

Jan 2012
Virginia, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtornado View Post
Craig Baxley is a god. Hopefully they release "Stone Cold" with Brian Bosworth as well.
talk about your guilty pleasures. I LOVE THAT MOVIE! That two tone mullet, the iguana alligator thing, Lance Henrikson as Chains, what more could you want. I take this over Cobra any day.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #123

Feb 2013

https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFactoryDVD
Quote:
First sample of DARK ANGEL (aka: I COME IN PEACE) on Blu-ray just landed at the 'factory'!

Dolph Lundgren fans can rejoice when the title releases in the U.S. and Canada on 8/27.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #124

Mar 2013
Syracuse, NY

So this will have the reverse cover with I Come in Peace on it? That's how I always remembered it.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #125
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Veil View Post
So this will have the reverse cover with I Come in Peace on it? That's how I always remembered it.
Yes...
"Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"

- Conan the Barbarian
Old 07-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #126
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDiGriz View Post
American Ninja was the film we watched if we couldnt see any Sho Kusugi ninja films instead!
The only ninja movies I watch other than "American Ninja," are "Beverly Hills Ninja" and the first two "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" films....

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoman_99 View Post
Always liked in Avenging Force when michael dudikoff blocked that katana blade with that branch lol... haha really miss the old school flicks... day one buy for us on Dark Angel as well !

J & Jen
Entertainment doesn't get any better...

[Show spoiler]Hunter: This here is my sister. And I love her very much. And if she dies, I'll hold everyone in this room personally responsible!

Admiral: What happened Matthew!?

Hunter: These are the members of the Pentangle Hunting Group I've already killed...Jeb Wallace, Chuck Lavall, and Wonderboy, Wade Delaney...and there's at least one more to go...

Admiral: Matthew, you've exceeded your authority! The Committee must know who the rest of these people are before you proceed any further!

Hunter: Well you can tell the Committee to stick it where the sun don't shine!

Glastenbury: (petting cat at dinner table with numerous guests) I know the god**mn liberals scream "fascist," but the simple truth is, Hitler was right...the man was a visionary! 40 years after his death, half the world is communist and we're defending our borders...

Dinner Guests: (Agreeing).

Glastenbury: We should've let Hitler take care of the god**mn commie sons-of-bit**es when we had the chance! What a different world it would be today, eh?

Dinner Guests: (Agreeing).

Glastenbury: Terror will succeed unless opposed with equal terror. We're heading for Armageddon, gentleman. Are you listening?! The end time...these are the last days...

Butler: (presenting Glastenbury an envelope on a platter) There's a fellow in the hall to see you, sir...he looks rather dreadful.

Glastenbury: (opening envelope and looking at picture of his deceased friends) Ah, yes. Excuse me gentleman, this won't take long...(handing cat to Butler) Serve the coffee and cigars...(to guests) I will return.

Glastenbury: (answering phone in Hall and looking at Hunter) Yes, he's here already, thank you. Goodbye.

Glastenbury: (to Hunter) You got here a little earlier than we expected.

Hunter: Amazing, isn't it? How's the leg?

Glastenbury: Never have I felt more well-disposed, thank you.

Hunter: We have a little unfinished business to take care of.

Glastenbury: Let's go up to the great hall........You're quite a remarkable young man, Hunter. Nobody ever survived the great hunting game before, $10 million dollars interest you? Pentangle would be proud to enlist a man like you...

Hunter: Pentangle's finished, over.

Glastenbury: I'm afraid not, youngster...it's just beginning...it's spreading, it's spreading all over this country...like a brushfire on a hot summer day...

Hunter: Oh yeah? Then who's running all this? And who's the 5th member of the Pentangle?

Glastenbury: Alas, I'm sorry to say, you'll never know. Choose your weapon.

Admiral: Congratulations Matthew, you did it!

Hunter: Did I?

Admiral: Yeah. Preliminary investigations into the dead men's affairs indicate that you've cut the heart right out of the organization!

Hunter: Yeah, but there's still a few questions unanswered, aren't there?

Admiral: Oh yeah? Like what?

Hunter: Like who's the 5th point of the Pentangle? And who told them that the Richards family was staying at my place? Only your department knew that...

Admiral: Their intelligence system was very good.

Hunter: You bet it was.

Admiral: Are you insinuating something, Matthew?

Hunter: No, I'm not insinuating anything. But I'll tell you something, Admiral...if what Glastenbury said is true, and Pentangle's not finished but just starting...I want you to know something...so am I...so am I.

Cue "deep-breath" sound effect and sweet George S. Clinton score!

Old 07-15-2013, 06:33 AM   #127

Feb 2013

Here is the first Blu-ray review

http://mcbastardsmausoleum.blogspot....db70cac234353e

Quote:
Presented in 1080p widescreen (1.78:1) the film gets a MPEG-4 AVC encode and is sourced from a very nice print, there are some minor imperfections visible from time to time but overall we get a very solid presentation with strong colors, a very decent hi-def presentation from Scream Factory, yet again.

The English language DTS-HD Master Audio comes with choice of 2.0 stereo or 5.1 surround mix and it sounds quite nice even if there are no surprises, the 5.1 has more of a presence that the 2.0 with some use of the surrounds but it's pretty tame.Dialogue and effects sound are balanced nicely plus Jan Hammer's synth-heavy 80's rock soundtrack is just awful but in an awesome retro-Miami Vice sort of way, it wouldn't sound out of place on an Astron-6 film.

Onto the special features we get a A Look Back at Dark Angel (24:17) with interviews from director Craig R. Baxley and actors Dolph Lundgren and Brian Benben. The director reflects on the David Kopepp penned script, meeting Dolph and casting the film while Benben seems to mostly remember being physically hurt by Lundgren on set. Dolph himself speaks fondly of the film, recalling the work of the director and the great in-camera stunt work. We also get a reversible sleeve of artwork featuring the alternate title of "I" Come in Peace, a trailer and an image gallery, it's not the most robust set of features from Scream factory but I'm pretty jazzed just to have it on Blu-ray, a fun film.

Special Features:
- A Look Back at "Dark Angel" Interviews With Director Craig R. Baxley And Actors Dolph Lundgren And Brian Benben (27:14)
- Theatrical Trailer (1:14)
- Photo Gallery (4:06)
Old 07-15-2013, 08:12 AM   #128
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry_Dam View Post
The Special features sound great!
"Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"

- Conan the Barbarian
Old 07-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #129
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008

Sounds great. Can't wait to retire my UK DVD.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #130

Apr 2010

Oh, this will be awesome. I already pre-ordered it.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:53 AM   #131

Feb 2013

New Blu-ray review not much about the image, sound or extra quality though:
http://zombiesdontrun.net/dark-angel...lu-ray-review/
Old 07-20-2013, 08:18 AM   #132
Banned

Nov 2008
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtornado View Post
this would be epic!!
Old 07-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #133

Jun 2012
Indiana

Super excited to pick this up on Blu ray. It's been tough holding off from buying any laserdisc or dvd version of the film for a few months now, but I think the wait will be worth it.
Panasonic tc-ps60 50inch plasma 1080p
Sony PS3 Blu-ray Player
Xbox 360 slim
Pioneer laserdisc player cld-v2800
VIZIO S4251w-B4 5.1 Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer and Satellite Speakers
'High Definition, Low Prices'
Old 07-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #134
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009

Matthias Hues: the most menacing actor of the last century.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #135

Jan 2011
Richmond, Kentucky

I own this on VHS. Picked it up at a Good Will for 50 cents.
It's one of the more obscure titles I've found while thrifting.
Solid Science Fiction film with some massive ass explosion every 5 minutes.

Also, Does anyone know whether this will have English subtitles? Shout/Shout titles vary.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:58 AM   #136

Oct 2012
London UK and Palm Springs California.

I bought this on DVD in England a long time ago and it is one of my guilty pleasures.

I never expected to see this on blu ray, and was really pleased when I found this thread a few minutes ago! I'm going back to England nect month for around 6 weeks but it will be on my list to buy as soon as I return!

Another title I'd like to see on blu ray is the Hitcher (from 1986). A Rutger Hauer classic.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:16 AM   #137

Feb 2013

New reviews
Quote:
The Blu-ray is pretty much what we’ve seen from Scream Factory so far, and I mean that as a compliment. To take a decades-old low-budget film and make it look pretty good is quite a feat. Image clarity isn’t comparable to today’s films (and neither is the soundtrack), but I can guarantee you won’t find this film in better shape anywhere else.

Overall Picture:

Movie: B-
Video: B
Audio: B
Extra Features: B
http://www.dvdsnapshot.com/2013/07/dark-angel/

Quote:
Dark Angel is not one of Scream Factory’s massive “SPECIAL COLLECTOR’S EDITION” releases. So, it is of no surprise that there aren’t tons of special features. There is, however, a pretty entertaining featurette, in which director Craig R. Baxley, Dolph Lundgren and Brian Benben are interviewed, taking a look back at the film.
Quote:
The video quality is great. Actually, as I took a quick potty break towards the end of the film, I left the disc paused on a scene where Dolph Lundgren was just knocked on his ass, and the level of detail was pretty impressive. I love it when we get a release like this, and it’s clear to me that the people that oversaw the transfer are fully aware that that gritty and grainy look is the way that I COME IN PEACE was intended to be seen. The Stereo DTS-HD Master Audio track is noteworthy as well. It might not have the multiple channels that would fill all angles of your living room up with the sound of a whizzing disc as it tears through neck after neck, but it is crystal clear. If you are a fan of this film, this is undoubtedly the best release of it that you are ever going to see. The default cover is of course, under the name Dark Angel. Those of us from the states that remember this movie from when it was first released to it, know it as I Come In Peace, and thankfully, Scream Factory have supplied that cover art as well on the flip side.

The Film
(8/10)
The Blu-Ray
(8/10)
http://liberaldead.com/blog/a-review...peace-blu-ray/
Old 07-25-2013, 08:32 AM   #138
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011
Letterboxd

I can't wait to own this. I also can't wait to reverse the artwork because this film will always be I Come in Peace to me. It's been a long time since my last view but I am confident the film will hold up strong and exceed my expectations.
BAM!
Certification of films & other stuff
Old 08-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #139

Feb 2013

So the Blu-ray seems to have been mastered from U.S. release print materials (unless they tricked it), as the on-screen title is apparently spelled with the U.S. re-title, I COME IN PEACE...
http://www.dvddrive-in.com/reviews/a...angelblu90.htm
Quote:
Previously released on MGM’s Limited Edition (burn on demand) collection – as well as from MGM on DVD in a couple European territories – with the onscreen title DARK ANGEL, Shout’s “Scream Factory” Blu-ray features a 1080p24 MPEG-4 AVC-encoded widescreen (1.78:1) transfer that is satisfyingly grainy and detailed in the night sequences (the grayish shadows in some scenes appear to be an effect of THE FLY cinematographer Mark Irwin’s lighting attempting to strike a balance between the darkness and the frequent explosions without overexposure, as mentioned by the director in the disc’s featurette). The print source carries the I COME IN PEACE title onscreen (the original DARK ANGEL title card is on view in the featurette) and runs about twenty-odd seconds shorter than the Japanese DVD’s timing (presumably the earlier MGM master had opening and closing logos which are not present on the Blu-ray). Audio is available in a DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 upmix, but the additional 2.0 rendering of the Ultra Stereo mix was fine to begin with. Optional English subtitles are also included.

Although the back cover and bonus features menu screen list “A Look Back at DARK ANGEL” (24:18) as featuring the participation of Baxley and Lundgren, it also features an equal amount of input from co-star Benben. Baxley reveals that the screenwriter credit for Leonard Maas Jr. was actually a pseudonym for David Koepp (who has since written JURASSIC PARK and STIR OF ECHOES among other mainstream hits), and that he signed onto the project – mounted by actor Mark Damon’s company Vision p.d.g. (WILD ORCHID) – when it had a twenty-two million dollar budget only to then be informed that the budget would be five to seven million. Lundgren and Benben credit Baxley for what he was able to achieve with the low budget while Baxley credits special effects coordinator Van Zeebroeck, cinematographer Irwin, and the stunt team (as well as casting director Karen Rea). All three of the participants utter the over-familiar “this was all before CGI” line in discussing the effects; however, it’s more valid here since it is uttered in the context of how difficult it would have been to insert doubles into shots, the confidence the actors had in Baxley and his stunt coordinator father and stuntman brothers to keep them safe, and the enthusiasm of co-star Hues (an Olympic athlete) to do his own stuntwork (Baxley does reveal which shots were doubled and how one bit was photographed in reverse because he was worried Hues would hurt himself). All three are justifiably proud of the film without overrating it (Lundgren even chuckles over his cheesy final quip to the alien), recalling the unique experience and what they were able to achieve. The clips from the film may have been sourced from SD as they compare poorly to the feature transfer. Besides a poster and still gallery, the only other extra is the film’s theatrical trailer (2:42); however, the reverse cover art does feature the I COME IN PEACE title and poster art if viewers want the cover to match the title on the feature presentation.
http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/darkangelbluray.php
Quote:
Decent Blu-ray adaptation from Shout! Factory. The 1.78:1/1080p transfer is passable, though don't expect to be wowed by clarity; the visuals are pockmarked with grain throughout. The DTS-HD Master Audio stereo track offers a moderate aural experience. So-so tech specs aside, you'd be well-served to check out the weighty retrospective featuring interviews with Baxley and Lundgren and co-star Brian Benben.

Last edited by Jerry_Dam; 09-30-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #140
Expert Member

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniSol GR77 View Post
Matthias Hues: the most menacing actor of the last century.
Star of Star Trek VI
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America