COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Y Tu Mamá También (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Sons of Anarchy: Season Five (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Picnic at Hanging Rock (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Other Woman (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Babette's Feast (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Armored Attack! (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Sons of Anarchy: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
WWE: The Best of RAW 2010 (Blu-ray)
$11.48
Black Nativity (Blu-ray)
$6.99
The Giver (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Ace in the Hole (Blu-ray)
$19.99
That's the Way of the World (Blu-ray)
$16.07
HD Aviation: 100 Years of Flight (Blu-ray)
$11.68

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-23-2013, 12:36 PM   #421
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2007

Just wondering do you guys think that the Sony Rewards site will have the Playstation 4 eventually listed once it gets an official release date? I am wondering if I should just keep saving up my points for the chance they do it would be nice to knock $20-$30 off the price. Plus wouldn't I also earn a ton of points if I used my Sony Card to purchase it through the Sony Rewards site?
Old 06-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #422
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010

I have little doubt it will added to the Sony Rewards site, but will it be worth the price requested. i can't remember what the PS3 deals were after the initial wave anyway.

Still looking for House of Cards Codes or additional reports that this is another LOA.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:08 PM   #423
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedIsNotBlue View Post
Just wondering do you guys think that the Sony Rewards site will have the Playstation 4 eventually listed once it gets an official release date? I am wondering if I should just keep saving up my points for the chance they do it would be nice to knock $20-$30 off the price. Plus wouldn't I also earn a ton of points if I used my Sony Card to purchase it through the Sony Rewards site?
My guess is that it will eventually probably come up as a reward, but will go fast. I know they had Vitas up (I forget if you had to be a Sony Rewards credit card member or not to get them) as rewards.

But even if they don't, you can apply the points that you earn through the rewards program on purchases in the general Sony online store. So, you could apply it to a PS4. They have them up for preorder now, but the only problem is that if you preorder it now, you can only use the points that you have as of right now towards it... you won't be able to apply any points that you earn between now and the time it comes out to the preorder. So, if you want to get it from the online store, you'll have to hedge your bets and hope they are available at release, or just wait until they are readily in stock to get them.

It should be noted that depending on the situation, tax may apply to the purchase, such as if you have a physical Sony store located anywhere in the state that you live. So if you have enough points to take $30 off of the purchase, but you end up paying tax on the order (but wouldn't pay tax if you ordered from Amazon instead, for example), you won't really be coming out ahead. So you may want to just do a mock order with your zip code to check.

Also, if you live near a physical Sony store, they just recently started accepting the points towards in-store purchases. The benefit of reserving the system at a physical store instead of online is that they just require a $50 deposit (at least that was the case at my local store), and you pay for the rest of it when you pick it up, so you could use points at that time. But again, tax would apply, so it probably wouldn't do you much good if you only have enough points to barely cover the tax on the system if you could get it tax-free somewhere online and don't want to wait for it to be shipped. If tax ends up being an issue whether you order online or in a physical store, you could always put the points towards a game or extra controller instead of the system, itself, allowing more of the points to go towards the principle cost.

I actually have a Sony Reward credit card. I reserved a PS4 at the Sony Store near me, and I had more than enough points to cover the $50 down payment. And I'm actually on my way to getting the system either for free or close to it. I use the card for most anything that I'm going to buy anyway, and just pay it off in full as to not accrue any interest.

As much as the bills, themselves, sucked, I recently had to pay a bill for several hundred dollars for my out of pocket amount (after insurance) for Sinus Surgery that I had a few weeks back.... and also my wife has braces on her teeth right now that we are still gradually paying off, and I put another decent "chunk" of the amount we owe on them recently. Since we had to pay for these things anyway, I went ahead and used the card for them both (in addition to regular things like groceries, gas, prescriptions any Blu-Rays and games that I buy, etc) and paid it off right away. I'm also entering these movie codes and I watched those videos for the bonus 200 points each. My billing cycle just flipped over and the points were added to my rewards account. Right now I have enough points to cover an additional $120 of the system on top of the points that I already used for the $50 deposit. So I have enough for almost half the system now. Hopefully by the time it comes out, I'll have enough to cover all of it or close to it!
Old 06-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #424
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2007

Thanks for the info. Yeah the online Sony Store is not an option for me especially with the tax makes any use of points worthless. I already have a pre-ordered using my Sony Card for the Watchdogs bundle but I suppose I will just keep my eye out on the Sony Rewards site to see if it pops up in the coming months when it is given an official release date. It would be nice to at least knock $20 bucks or so if I could.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:13 AM   #425
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010

Just noticed a couple new items added to the drop down list. Now looking for new codes.

Breaking Bad Season 5 (Blu-ray) -- PENDING
Breaking Bad Season 5 (DVD) -- PENDING
Old 06-25-2013, 06:55 AM   #426

Nov 2012
Los Angeles
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Just noticed a couple new items added to the drop down list. Now looking for new codes.
Find 'em quick, hariseldon, as my 10th and final entry for this month is later tonight (having delved into the paltry DVDs a couple months back). Need more Blu codes!

On a separate note, has anyone by chance had any luck submitting their receipt from a movie theater, instead of the actual ticket stubs? I stupidly let the Mrs. hang on to the stubs for This Is the End last week, which she predictably threw out, leaving me with just the receipt portion of the stub (which does list the title and two tickets). I'm assuming I'll be S.O.L., but if anyone's got some encouraging news on the topic, I'd love to hear it!
Collector of stuff...
Old 06-25-2013, 11:34 PM   #427
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt C. View Post
Find 'em quick, hariseldon, as my 10th and final entry for this month is later tonight (having delved into the paltry DVDs a couple months back). Need more Blu codes!

On a separate note, has anyone by chance had any luck submitting their receipt from a movie theater, instead of the actual ticket stubs? I stupidly let the Mrs. hang on to the stubs for This Is the End last week, which she predictably threw out, leaving me with just the receipt portion of the stub (which does list the title and two tickets). I'm assuming I'll be S.O.L., but if anyone's got some encouraging news on the topic, I'd love to hear it!
I know the feeling. I've been bounced into the DVD category this month.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #428
Expert Member

Sep 2009
Litchfield Federal Penitentiary
Default Sony Reward codes

Looper Blu and DVD have codes.
Last bought: Orange Is the New Black S1
Biggest want: Knight and Day SteelBook (Japan)
Biggest wish: Breakdown or The Hitcher (1986)
Old 07-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #429

May 2008

Not sure if this was already mentioned, but there's 250 for playing the White House Down game and sharing it on Facebook (just like they did for This is the End).
BD Release Wishlist: Charlie Wilson's War, The Buddy Holly Story, Me & Orson Welles, Man On the Moon, Sullivan's Travels, War of the Worlds (Pal), The Lady Eve, The Wizard, Ordinary People, You Can Count On Me, Cool Runnings, The Most Dangerous Game, The King of Kong
Old 07-05-2013, 12:42 AM   #430
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristian Idol View Post
Looper Blu and DVD have codes.
Yep, full list was updated a couple pages back. The OP is a few months out of date.

The Call, Evil Dead (7/16), House of Cards, and Breaking Bad still missing codes if anyone can help.

List moved forward adn last list moved into spoiler tags

Updated Code List from OP -- note that a couple of the Bluray Codes appear to worth 25 points instead of 45 points for Sony Card holders, but when you input the code you do get full point. The Total Recall DVD is worth 30 points for those who are working their way downhill. The Ghost Rider DVD says 45 points, but when you input the code it is a standard 25 points.

21 Jump Street (Blu-ray) - SCZL9CH7 (confirmed 45 points)
21 Jump Street (DVD) - WZNNNVBC
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray) - X862S38Y
30 Minutes or Less (DVD) - WZNNNVBC
After Earth-(Blu-ray) PENDING
After Earth-(DVD) PENDING
Anonymous (Blu-ray) - WVKA3DTU
Anonymous (DVD) - 3HUF3GLW
Arthur Christmas (Blu-ray) - 5DGDZWDQ
Arthur Christmas (DVD) - ZCD29BMF
Attack the Block (Blu-ray) - 6AQAVJUQ
Attack the Block (DVD) - A27QFMGA
Bad Teacher (Blu-ray) - 7AL38LBD
Bad Teacher (DVD) - MVDPEBTT
Breaking Bad Season 5 (Blu-ray) -- PENDING -- ?? if exists
Breaking Bad Season 5 (DVD) -- PENDING -- ?? if exists
Colombiana (Blu-ray) - CDQA55JB
Colombiana (DVD) - CBFTB636
Community - K6EBUP7C
Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (Blu-ray) - LSBGNH7W
Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (DVD) - YWP2Y476
Drive (Blu-ray) - J5DFP2NJ
Drive (DVD) - CF2EL2GN
Evil Dead (Blu-ray) TX58L9CK
Evil Dead (DVD) VBB8QNQR
Friends With Benefits (Blu-ray) - F5HZEFTZ
Friends With Benefits (DVD) - F4Z6GSZC
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengence (Blu-ray) - F4Z6GSZC (confirmed 45 points)
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengence (DVD) - X862S38Y (confirmed 25 points)
Here Comes the Boom (Blu) - DVN4VSX2
Here Comes the Boom (DVD) 49N79X8J
Hotel Transylvania (3D BD ) RHHYNSTV
Hotel Transylvania (Blu-ray) RHHYNSTV
Hotel Transylvania (DVD) 5YCBZ5QW
House of Cards Season One (Blu-ray) PENDING
House of Cards Season One (DVD) PENDING
Jack and Jill (Blu-ray) - UJ7GL49G
Jack and Jill (DVD) - JQWP9NG3
Looper (Blu-ray) - P2YNSA48
Looper (DVD) -XPXQT87A
Men in Black III (Blu-ray 3D) - E5XXPR5S
Men in Black III (Blu-ray) - E5XXPR5S
Men in Black III (DVD) - N5C4GP87
Midnight in Paris (Blu-ray) - 3N5Y9HV8
Midnight in Paris (DVD) - 5PR7G2G9
Moneyball (Blu-ray) - F34M8D9M
Moneyball (DVD) - 3GPWGQHQ
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Blu-ray) - M6ZYVJN9
Olympus Has Fallen (Blu-ray) UEDXHUCF
Olympus Has Fallen (DVD) PENDING
Parker (Blu-ray) 8C66GFDX
Parker (DVD) LJHL9A5H
Premium Rush (Blu-ray) - 3YMXGWV6
Premium Rush (DVD) - BZFR2RUW
Resident Evil: Damnation - S89JD2H5
Resident Evil: Retribution (Blu-ray 3D) - NB8TAN49
Resident Evil: Retribution (Blu-ray) - NB8TAN49
Resident Evil: Retribution (DVD) - 88BPYQTG
Seven Psychopaths (Blu-ray) K9VMX5AS
Seven Psychopaths (DVD) CRDC8VJ8
Smurfs (Blu-ray) - PS4R328Q
Smurfs (DVD) - SCZL9CH7
Sparkle (Blu-ray) - RLM53UN2
Sparkle (DVD) - 5VYARBTQ
Straw Dogs (Blu-ray) - NE3FG9XZ
Straw Dogs (DVD) - SJBHW3ZB
That's My Boy (Blu-ray) - SKWJ5Y9T
That's My Boy (DVD) - C5ANM4YH
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-Ray 3D 4 Disc) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray 3D 3 Disc) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (Blu-ray) - ZTAHMQS8
The Amazing Spider-Man (DVD) - CRJBXWYC
The Call (Blu-ray) 2RUTZ355
The Call (DVD) PENDING
The Guns of Navarone (Blu-ray) - GA4F3CC6
The Ides of March (Blu-ray) - 5W5FVRVT
The Ides of March (DVD) - 5EHN9GAX
The Pirates! Band of Misfits (Blu-ray) - UU9W7CJY
The Pirates! Band of Misfits (DVD) - VC9XH3H2
The Rum Diary (Blu-ray) - QJGKQSAU
The Rum Diary (DVD) - DRY7R5XP
The Vow (Blu-ray) - F34M8D9M
The Vow (DVD) - CBFTB636
Think Like A Man (Blu-ray) -BUMA6F6D
Think Like A Man (DVD) - 2Q4VF9JB
[B]This is The End-(Blu-ray) PENDING [B]
This is The End-(DVD) PENDING
Total Recall (Blu-ray 3 discs) - DMB2YX8F
Total Recall (Blu-ray) - DMB2YX8F
Total Recall (DVD) - 7X7262J8 (confirmed 30 points)
Underworld: Awakening (Blu-ray) - YWP2Y476 (confirmed 45 points)
Underworld: Awakening (DVD) - Q9GXM39H
Zero Dark Thirty (Blu-ray) UKF9PZ8Y
Zero Dark Thirty (DVD) - 8BS7GBN5
Zookeeper (Blu-ray) - JQ9H9YG5
Zookeeper (DVD) - 2M75JW64

No code in Package, but still on the Sony Dropdown menu
Lawrence of Arabia (Blu-ray) - None included
Lawrence of Arabia (DVD) - None included

Last edited by hariseldon; 09-26-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:46 AM   #431
Expert Member

Jun 2012

Breaking Bad Season 5 doesn't have a code included. Not in my BD copy, at least.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #432
Expert Member

Feb 2012
U.S.S. Enterprise

I didn't have a code in breaking bad or in house of cards. Here is the blu code for evil dead

TX58L9CK - EVIL DEAD BLU

does anybody have the call or absolute deception to know if they have codes in them or not?
My For Sale/For Trade Thread: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=195194
Old 07-17-2013, 01:13 AM   #433
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010

Thanks added it to the above list. Still no help on the others -- looks like Sony is putting out bad information on some of the items with codes.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:46 AM   #434
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2011
Michigan

Wow, I had no idea about this thread LOL and I've been meaning to complain somewhere about this horrible system. Not able to buy anything with your points forever
Old 07-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #435
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2007

You must be doing it wrong...or maybe you don't have a Sony Card. I don't even think I've spent $100 yet with the massive amount of Blu-ray's and giftcards I have gotten from the Sony Rewards program. I also have 1,625 points right now in my account to boot.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #436

Oct 2012

Please refresh my memory.
What are the ways to get Sony Rewards Points?

I recall:
Wheel of Fortune puzzles
DVD/Blu Ray codes
Use Sony Card
Receipts from movies
Watching movie trailers
Sharing posts about movies/trailers
Movie related online games

Have I missed any?
Old 07-21-2013, 10:08 PM   #437
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2011
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedIsNotBlue View Post
You must be doing it wrong...or maybe you don't have a Sony Card. I don't even think I've spent $100 yet with the massive amount of Blu-ray's and giftcards I have gotten from the Sony Rewards program. I also have 1,625 points right now in my account to boot.
No, I do not have a Sony card.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #438
Blu-ray Champion

Jan 2011
Michigan

Is there a limit on points you can enter? 10 a month or something? I figured there had to be a catch on why their codes were reusable lol
Old 07-22-2013, 01:03 AM   #439
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgeneral View Post
Is there a limit on points you can enter? 10 a month or something? I figured there had to be a catch on why their codes were reusable lol
10 in a rolling 30 day period I believe. It wasn't always like that though. For years there were no limits whatsoever, but the system was abused to net $10 PSN/Sony network codes and they put a limit in soon after. The rewards aren't cheap, and they allow you to make up the difference with real money so that's probably why they don't mind so much. I personally think it's because of sheer laziness why they didn't set up a unique code system in the first place, but I am grateful for it in any event
Old 07-22-2013, 05:50 AM   #440

Jul 2013

Holy wow... I just started this. I entered 3 codes that worked, then... on my fourth code i got, "Oops. You have reached the maximum number of discs registrations."

Is three a daily limit, perhaps?
Wanted: · The Raid 1-2 · Robocop 1-3 · Silent Hill: Revelation (love any horror!) · Pitch Perfect · Game of Thrones · White Queen (for the Wife and I) · Rio 2 · Cloudy Chance of Meatballs 2 · Any Disney Films (and Disney Movie Rewards) (or anything good for our family & kids) -Prefer UV/Vudu but i'm happy with anything. :)

My freebies. (When i have them. I NEVER do "first come" giveaways. Just too unfair once hoarders & page stalkers join in.)
"...dissent is the highest form of patriotism."
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America