COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (Blu-ray)
$5.99
My Week with Marilyn (Blu-ray)
$7.79
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$31.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Marvel Bundle (Blu-ray)
$64.99
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Longmire: The Complete First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
$44.99
3 Days to Kill (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Breaking Bad: The Final Season (Blu-ray)
$20.98
The Legend of Korra - Book Two: Spirits (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Hidden Kingdoms (Blu-ray)
$11.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Flatliners (Blu-ray)
$5.19

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 07-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #121
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008

Saw it yesterday. It was awesome
Old 07-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #122

Jun 2012
south korea

still doesn't have a release date in south korea. brave wasn't released last year until september! that was to capitalise on a big holiday...

at this point the blu-ray is probably going to come out before it hits theatres here.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:18 AM   #123

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guydowood View Post
looks like walmart.com has the street date of 10/29.
I think thats a good date, 3 months after theatrical release. I hope its true though.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:48 AM   #124
Banned

Aug 2011

I liked it. The first challenge was hilarious. Mike was also less annoying in this one.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:54 AM   #125

Jun 2012
south korea

it finally has a korean release date!

september 12th...
Old 07-28-2013, 12:14 AM   #126
Expert Member

Jun 2012
Talking

DVD News Flash on Facebook found on the Home Theater Forums that the 10/29 US Blu-ray/DVD date for Monsters University is (95%) confirmed!
Old 07-29-2013, 07:51 PM   #127
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008

Awesome!
Old 07-29-2013, 08:03 PM   #128
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
DVD News Flash on Facebook found on the Home Theater Forums that the 10/29 US Blu-ray/DVD date for Monsters University is (95%) confirmed!
Sounds about right. Just in time for Halloween. I liked it but it still couldn't beat the original. They should have just left it alone in my opinion, I don't think it needed a prequel or a sequel. Pixar nowadays is all about the money! Give us a sequel to the incredibles damn it! That's what we really want!!
Old 07-29-2013, 08:10 PM   #129
Power Member

Feb 2008
Beverley, UK

Saw this today - loved it.
As good as the first but for different reasons.

Day 1 for me.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #130
Site Manager

Aug 2006
USiberia
Default BD DVD Combo pre-order added

Monsters University Blu-ray
Old 08-09-2013, 12:51 PM   #131

Aug 2010

So great that it's coming out around Halloween lol. And, man I'm glad I pre-ordered mine when the Blu-ray was $22.49 O__O
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #132
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2009

Quote:
The 2013 Pixar prequel “Monsters University” is coming to both Blu-ray Disc (in 2D) and Blu-ray 3D on October 29th, 2013 via Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment. This is according to numerous early alerts to retailers. The film, directed by Dan Scanlon, features the voice talents of Billy Crystal, John Goodman, Steve Buscemi, Dave Foley, Julia Sweeney, Joel Murray and Peter Sohn.

The release will come in 3 forms: A standard Blu-ray “combo pack” with a DVD of the film included. A “Collector’s Edition” “combo pack” Blu-ray with a DVD and Digital Copy of the film included. An “Ultimate Collector’s Edition” Blu-ray 3D “combo pack” with a Blu-ray (2D), DVD and Digital Copy of the film included. All 3 versions are available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon with the standard Blu-ray carrying a $35.99 price tag, the “Collector’s Edition”” Blu-ray carrying a $30.99 price tag and finally the “Ultimate Collector’s Edition” Blu-ray 3D carrying a $34.99 price tag.

UPDATE: Tech specs for the release include full 1080p Hi-Def video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio and Dolby TrueHD 7.1 sound. The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.

Campus Life – What’s it like being on a production crew at Pixar? Get a look at a day in the life of the “Monsters University” crew through their own eyes.
Story School – This documentary examines the challenges of creating a prequel as well as themes that run through the story, and the change in focus from Sulley to Mike. We’ll also look at how gags are developed – from writing jokes to brainstorming a million ideas, only 5% of which actually end up in the movie.
Scare Games – At Pixar, we play hard while we work. The same people who keep the film production moving – producers, managers, coordinators and artists – are also the ones who bring spirit and excitement to some of our extracurricular activities. We check out the MU production teams as they go head to head in the mostly playful Pixar Scare Games competitions.
Welcome to MU – Sets aren’t just buildings, they are the worlds our characters live in and explore. This look at the Monsters University campus and its development is told from the perspective of the artists who created each piece of the campus from the architecture to the ivy leaves.
Music Appreciation – Randy Newman’s scores are a mainstay of Pixar films, and this documentary will give you a privileged look at his creative process. We follow the “Monsters University” scoring process from spotting to writing and on to the scoring session. including special college-themed recording sessions.
Scare Tactics – Animators are actors who digitally bring the characters to life. In this look at how the MU animation team worked, you’ll see their process of how they channeled their own monster-selves and created moments on screen that were really funny, really scary and also really serious, sometimes all at the same time.
Color and Light – How can a single painting set the tone for an entire scene? We’ll look at the creation of the colorscripts and how they were realized technically in the final film. Along with the process, this piece explores the many layers of technical innovation required to produce such a naturalistic feel.
Paths to Pixar – MU Edition – When one door closes, sometimes another door opens – one with an even more exciting opportunity behind it. Members of the MU crew tell their own compelling backstories and share the challenges they overcame along their paths to Pixar.
Furry Monsters: A Technical Retrospective – Explore the difficulties in creating characters that are 20 years younger with tools that are 10 years more advanced in this contrasting look at the differing technical challenges that arose when making “Monsters, Inc.,” and “Monsters University.”
Deleted Scenes – Four separate scenes – “Rivalry,” “Recon,” “Movie Night,” and “Drama Class” – are highlighted with an introduction from director Dan Scanlon.
The Blue Umbrella” – This animated short film from Pixar Animation Studios, directed by Saschka Unseld and produced by Marc Greenberg, played in theaters in front of “Monsters University.” “The Blue Umbrella” tells the story of an evening commute in which the rain starts to fall and the city comes alive to the sound of dripping rain pipes, whistling awnings and gurgling gutters. And in the midst, two umbrellas—one blue, one not—fall eternally in love.
Additional Bonus Features – Audio Commentary, Promo Picks, College Campaign, Theatrical Campaign, Set Flythroughs, Art Gallery and more!
http://www.highdefdiscnews.com/pixar...3d-in-october/
Old 08-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #133
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
Athens, Greece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
And these are extras!!

I will buy the film just for these. Hopefully it'll be somewhat good as well.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #134
Special Member

Aug 2010
Quito, Ecuador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lnds500 View Post
And these are extras!!

I will buy the film just for these. Hopefully it'll be somewhat good as well.
Thank goodness at least we can count on Pixar to still release quality sets. Day 1 for sure!! And yes Lnds500, is an excellent film!
Pre-Ordered: Mr. Peabody & Sherman, Fun and Fancy Free, The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, Hercules, Tarzan, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Marvel's Agents of SHIELD: S1, Toy Story of Terror!, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Ghost in the Shell, Godzilla, Edge of Tomorrow, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Muppets Most Wanted, How To Train Your Dragon 2, Game of Thrones: S4.
Twitter.com/maac027

www.a113animation.com
Old 08-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #135
Power Member

Apr 2011

So there's a BD+DVD version (without the DC) after all. Same three tier release as The Little Mermaid then.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:59 PM   #136
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2012

So apparently the difference between the 3-Disc collector's edition and the 3-Disc standard is a "Digital Copy"?! That's kind of ridiculous!
Old 08-09-2013, 11:03 PM   #137

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppyJonathan View Post
So apparently the difference between the 3-Disc collector's edition and the 3-Disc standard is a "Digital Copy"?! That's kind of ridiculous!
And the one that ALSO includes the digital copy is 5 bucks cheaper? What am I missing here?
Old 08-10-2013, 12:25 AM   #138
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2012

No idea. I do have to say about the extras: That is the most solid lineup of extras for a Pixar film (not counting rereleases or shorts) since Wall-E. From Up to Brave they were just all over the place and kind of messy, with very unspecific topics. This seems like a good overview of everything. Not going to lie the color and light one sounds interesting!
Old 08-10-2013, 12:32 AM   #139
Power Member

Aug 2012
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMarino View Post
And the one that ALSO includes the digital copy is 5 bucks cheaper? What am I missing here?
and the 3D version is actually 1 dollar cheaper than the Blu-ray + DVD version!

Blu-ray + DVD - $35.99
Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy - $34.99
Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy - $30.99

this will obviously change though.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #140

Dec 2012

Apparently if you preorder over at the Disney online store you can get a set of 4 Monster Unversity lithographs free, along with a 10-20 dollar credit for a future online purchase (within about two weeks of the purchase haha).

The only issue is that the Disney store doesn't stock the Ultimate Collector's Edition.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America