Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$9.96
15 hrs ago
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.96

The Beyond (Blu-ray)
$24.99
12 hrs ago
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Homeland: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99

22 Jump Street (Blu-ray)
$14.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Old 09-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #361
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Miami, FL.
Send a message via AIM to laz305 Send a message via MSN to laz305 Send a message via Yahoo to laz305

wow wifey just opened my package and says the box is crushed How the F can they send a package like this in a bubble wrap? A Box needs to be shipped in a Box
My Trade Thread
My Collectible Trade Thread
My Slips FT/FS
"Hate the player, and the game"

WANTED SLIPS:Beauty & the Beast Royal Wedding, Benjamin Button Lenti, The Cell, The Duchess, Hoffa, Hustle & Flow, Frost & Nixon
Old 09-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #362
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011
HD-DVD: 352

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Nope:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlygig View Post
Also, not from Spain. That image is wrong (it's crappiness puts it into question from the start), here is a picture someone who bought it posted:

[Show spoiler]
Old 09-12-2013, 02:44 AM   #363

Mar 2010

That has to be the FYE exclusive G1 DVD steelbook.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:54 AM   #364

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by laz305 View Post
wow wifey just opened my package and says the box is crushed How the F can they send a package like this in a bubble wrap? A Box needs to be shipped in a Box
Don't order any exclusives from the big box stores for mail delivery. Best Buy, Target, Walmart...they all don't give a crap about what condition your item is in when it gets to you. Sometimes you might get lucky but more often than not it won't end well.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:29 AM   #365
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
USA

I think the cheap cardboard box was not damaged by shipping but by the tight shrink wrap the manufacturers used. The cardboard box was so thin.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #366

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonite1970 View Post
I think the cheap cardboard box was not damaged by shipping but by the tight shrink wrap the manufacturers used. The cardboard box was so thin.
The only thing thinner was the cardboard walls used for the sets on the original series.

Last edited by :( geek tragedy ):; 09-12-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:45 AM   #367

Jun 2012
Pacific Northwest

Quote:
Just got mine today...yup...box was crushed and the steelbook was rattling loose inside. Bubble wrap? No, no , no! Luckily, I bought one set last Tues early morning for $29.99. I'm taking this $39.99 crap back to store for refund...
Old 09-13-2013, 04:43 AM   #368

Jun 2012
Fenton, Michigan

Interesting:

I was afraid of missing out on this because my Wally World is not a 24 hour store. So I drove to the next town, which is 11 miles away, at midnight, to get mine. It was just me and the stockman in the electronics department of that Wally World store at 12:05. He let me open the shipping box of 10 and pick out the set I wanted. There were 9 left in the box when I left. Tonight I had reason to stop at my local Wally World and so I thought I would stop in the electronics department just to see if they had any Star Trek sets left. I nearly flipped when I saw they had at least 30 if not more. What is strange is that I see all over eBay on the listing "SOLD OUT", "VERY LIMITED", "EACH STORE ONLY GOT 6". I can tell you that just isn't true. It would be nice if the ship in this set would go up in value to $200 like the ship in the first set did but I just don't see it becoming that rare or happening.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:54 AM   #369
Power Member

Aug 2009
The Deep South
Send a message via Yahoo to toxsic

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan View Post
Interesting:

I was afraid of missing out on this because my Wally World is not a 24 hour store. So I drove to the next town, which is 11 miles away, at midnight, to get mine. It was just me and the stockman in the electronics department of that Wally World store at 12:05. He let me open the shipping box of 10 and pick out the set I wanted. There were 9 left in the box when I left. Tonight I had reason to stop at my local Wally World and so I thought I would stop in the electronics department just to see if they had any Star Trek sets left. I nearly flipped when I saw they had at least 30 if not more. What is strange is that I see all over eBay on the listing "SOLD OUT", "VERY LIMITED", "EACH STORE ONLY GOT 6". I can tell you that just isn't true. It would be nice if the ship in this set would go up in value to $200 like the ship in the first set did but I just don't see it becoming that rare or happening.
yeah, those people on ebay are just lying through their teeth to try and make people believe it's sold out or rare and it's not even close. the sad part is that there are a lot of people out there that will believe them and pay those stupid prices instead of just driving to walmart to check. my closest wally got about 30 in on day one and i was back in today and saw they only sold about 3. so there are still TONS sitting there. my store still has probably about 20 of those GI Joe Steelbooks left too. there were Hobbit Digibooks sitting there about 2 months after release. i don't remember the last time walmart got an exclusive that sold out. they aren't Target or Best Buy.
Current Entertainment Setup
TV: Samsung PN51F5300 51" PDP, AVR: Onkyo HT-RC260, BDP: LG BD630
Fronts: Polk Monitor 60, Center: Polk CS1, Surrounds: Polk Monitor 40, Subs: AA HD-SUB12, Polk PSW10
Remote: Harmony One, Gaming: Xbox One Cirrus White 500gb, Last Film Watched: AUTOMATA

CLICK HERE FOR TOXSIC'S TRADE THREAD, CUSTOM MADE SLIPCOVERS & COVER ART PRINTING
Old 09-13-2013, 05:35 AM   #370

Jun 2012
Fenton, Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxsic View Post
yeah, those people on ebay are just lying through their teeth to try and make people believe it's sold out or rare and it's not even close. the sad part is that there are a lot of people out there that will believe them and pay those stupid prices instead of just driving to walmart to check. my closest wally got about 30 in on day one and i was back in today and saw they only sold about 3. so there are still TONS sitting there. my store still has probably about 20 of those GI Joe Steelbooks left too. there were Hobbit Digibooks sitting there about 2 months after release. i don't remember the last time walmart got an exclusive that sold out. they aren't Target or Best Buy.
I am watching what they are doing with Man Of Steel. They lost their shirt on this the first time around with their advance ticket promotion. They had so many tickets left over in the southeast Michigan area that they gave them away to employees just to keep them from going to waste. Now they are coming back with the collector set, a steelbook, 3D, a combo set, and a DVD. Something tells me there are going to be plenty of these left over too. Not to mention the people they ticked off who bought the preorder combo set with the magnet who thought they were going to be getting a steelbook and now have found out they are not.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #371
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Miami, FL.
Send a message via AIM to laz305 Send a message via MSN to laz305 Send a message via Yahoo to laz305

Hold up. So it's been confirmed the magnet pre-order is not a Steelbook? Then what is it?
My Trade Thread
My Slips FT/FS

WANTED SLIPS:Beauty & the Beast Royal Wedding, Benjamin Button Lenti, The Cell, The Duchess, Hoffa, Hustle & Flow, Frost & Nixon
Old 09-13-2013, 01:28 PM   #372
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011
HD-DVD: 352

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan View Post
It would be nice if the ship in this set would go up in value to $200 like the ship in the first set did but I just don't see it becoming that rare or happening.
This Blu release actually lowered the value of that ship. That exact product was/is available separately, all by itself, as one in a series of Hot Wheels Trek ships. It actually was kind of increasing in value because the wave it was in was released in very limited locations and sold out fairly quick and nobody has seen them since - but now there are 20 of them in every Walmart and the price for that entire Blu set is less than the ship itself was going for on eBay at one point. Not to mention, Hot Wheels sometimes re-releases these type of things in cycles when they make new ones, so by the time the next movie comes around, it may come out again (though this time they did not yet re-release the ones from 2009). And, back then, after everyone thought they were all done, a huge set came out at Sam's Club toward the end of the year which eventually dropped in price to like $20 for 6 ships and a SceneIt game. Something like that may yet happen again.

So, there is no chance that ship is going to become as valuable as the Enterprise from Target, which was designed as a Blu-ray case and only available in that limited set. And the reason that ship is so valuable is that Trek collectors want it because to this day it is still one of the most detailed and accurate models of the JJ-prise that has been made, if not THE most.

Last edited by Whirlygig; 09-13-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #373
Special Member

Apr 2010
Rochester, NY

Picked the only non-damaged box in the store and there's a dent in the steelbook. Seriously? Swapping just the steelbook tomorrow.
Blu-Ray Total: 479
Slipcover Total: 234
Steelbook Total: 30
Stay up to date with my hauls, reviews and other movie news at MNMreviews and WeLiveFilm
Old 09-14-2013, 01:08 AM   #374
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2007
Miami, FL.

Happy to see Target hooked it up with a SteelBook slip cover

[Show spoiler]i put spidey in the slip to show it'll fit, cuz not gonna open my damaged shipped box and gonna see if I can exchange it for a non crushed box tomorrow
My Trade Thread
My Slips FT/FS

Old 09-14-2013, 02:07 AM   #375

Jan 2008

Got my mailed copy from walmart today, box was semi-crushed but surprisingly the steelbook was intact as was the toy figurine. Overall not happy getting charged $10 extra, seriously considering getting a price match.

Will be getting the Phaser edition from Amazon once they come to their senses and drop that ridiculous price from $80 to a more reasonable $40-45. I'll wait until Black Friday for a price drop, I'm not in any rush to give Amazon my money.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:17 AM   #376
Power Member

Jun 2012
Moreno Valley, CA

The Walmart near me has atleast 15 steelbook sets
Old 09-14-2013, 06:30 AM   #377

Mar 2012

Sold Out Online
Old 09-14-2013, 06:45 AM   #378

Jun 2012
Fenton, Michigan

Quote:
Hold up. So it's been confirmed the magnet pre-order is not a Steelbook? Then what is it?
All I know is the SKU numbers on the magnet preorder and the walmart.com steelbook are not the same. And Walmart/Vudu usually pretty clearly state in their preorders when it is a steelbook such as with the Fast and Furious 6 preorder and with the Oblivion preorder.

I think just a gift for buying the preorder. A big refrigerator door magnet that looks like the cover of a steelbook.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:21 AM   #379
Special Member

Aug 2009
Beaufort SC (British Expat)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rieper View Post
Got my mailed copy from walmart today, box was semi-crushed but surprisingly the steelbook was intact as was the toy figurine. Overall not happy getting charged $10 extra, seriously considering getting a price match.
Yup id be taking that crap back and re buying it,at the cheaper price..my local 24 hr store still has loads of these sitting on the shelves.I live in a fairly small town in comparison,so i guess there isn't too many collectors here,,which is good news for me
LG 47LW5600 (3D) (main room)
Energy take classic 5.0
Phillips 42" Full 1080p HDTV (bed room)
Panasonic BDT220 (3D)
Sony BD S350
Insignia NS BRDVD4 (Region Free)
Denon AVR 1612
Xbox 360...(2 of them with the kinect)
Old 09-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #380
Power Member

Oct 2008
Land Of Lincoln, USA Blu-ray SteelBooks™ (105)

I bought mine on Tues but just got around to opening it. Of course, there is a huge paint chip on the front- bottom left! Otherwise the steelbook is great. I have to go see if customer service at Wal-Mart will do an exchange.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks