Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Spectacular Now (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Planes, Trains & Automobiles (Blu-ray)
$4.88
Fringe: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$67.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
The Flintstones (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Moebius (Blu-ray)
$17.97
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 02:27 AM   #21
Impossible Impossible is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Mar 2010
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Referring to an earlier post, we post new theatrical 3D movies in the blu ray 3D thread (instead of the general 3D discussion thread), which these days, often has a blu ray 3D pre order the same time the 3D movie is still playing. Plus all of our discussion of the movie's 3D is automatically in the same thread, reducing having to repost in a second thread.



Yeah, I though the CGI looked in from the first trailer I watched, as the motions are what sell the believability a little more than the modeling/texturing.



Thanks for the info. If I remember, Clyde Owen (from Sin City, Shoot Em Up) starred in that one about the genes of one kid potentially saving mankind from doom, which I watched a few years back and it kept my attention easily.
Is Clyde Owen any relation to Clive Owen
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:13 AM   #22
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible View Post
Is Clyde Owen any relation to Clive Owen
Yes, Clyde is Clive's identical twin and stunt double. Just kidding.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:48 AM   #23
BleedOrange11 BleedOrange11 is offline
Expert Member
 
BleedOrange11's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Galveston, TX
192
23
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Thanks for the info. If I remember, Clyde Owen (from Sin City, Shoot Em Up) starred in that one about the genes of one kid potentially saving mankind from doom, which I watched a few years back and it kept my attention easily.
Yes, that is basically the plot device, escorting a pregnant woman to scientists in an infertile future world. Some would say it is really more about governments using fear to justify a police state. I hope that Gravity provides the same quality of story, acting, production design, and attention to detail.

Cuaron is the master of using long takes to enhance realism (Spoiler Warning:
[Show spoiler]Think of the one-take, violent car chase scene where Julianne Moore is shot in the neck!
), which will be even more effective combined with nice 3D. They will be pushed even further with Gravity. Notice that both the "Detached" and "Drifting" trailers are just one shot for their entire lengths.
Vizio E3D420VX 3DTV, 160GB PS3, Onkyo HT-S3500 5.1 Home Theater, Sony MDR-DS7500 7.1 Headphones

Last edited by BleedOrange11; 07-25-2013 at 06:26 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:56 AM   #24
Nighteyes Nighteyes is online now
Senior Member
 
Nighteyes's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeScott View Post
]

That CGI is horrible. I want to see the movie but it looks really fake, and this is a bad trailer.
I agree. Looks like a bad video game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:58 AM   #25
BleedOrange11 BleedOrange11 is offline
Expert Member
 
BleedOrange11's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Galveston, TX
192
23
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Yeah, I though the CGI looked in from the first trailer I watched, as the motions are what sell the believability a little more than the modeling/texturing.
Nice observation. I think you are right. The motion sells the realism, and this might be a critical reason why the trailer suspends disbelief and captures attention better in 3D.
Vizio E3D420VX 3DTV, 160GB PS3, Onkyo HT-S3500 5.1 Home Theater, Sony MDR-DS7500 7.1 Headphones

Last edited by BleedOrange11; 07-25-2013 at 06:05 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #26
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
73
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange11 View Post
Yes, that is basically the plot device, escorting a pregnant woman to scientists in an infertile future world. Some would say it is really more about governments using fear to justify a police state. I hope that Gravity provides the same quality of story, acting, production design, and attention to detail.

Cuaron is the master of using long takes to enhance realism (Spoiler Warning:
[Show spoiler]Think of the one-take, violent car chase scene where Julianne Moore is shot in the neck!
Children of men: Car Scene - YouTube
), which will be even more effective combined with nice 3D. They will be pushed even further with Gravity. Notice that both the "Detached" and "Drifting" trailers are just one shot for their entire lengths.
Cool. That sounds good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange11 View Post
Nice observation. I think you are right. The motion sells the realism, and this might be a critical reason why the trailer suspends disbelief and captures attention better in 3D.
From the 3D trailer a second time now in Gravity 3D (this time before Wolverine), it looks promising and I like how the serenity of the silence and scope of the earth in outer space is suddenly interrupted by that impact. Falling out into outerspace with nothing to grab onto must feel hopeless unless someone flies out to get you.

The 3D has nice 3D layering especially for being in outerspace's high contrasts of a white suit on a black background.

As far as the realism of the objects, movement, textures, animation, it all looked convincing to me, but I haven't seen the newest trailer yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:18 PM   #27
mredman mredman is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jun 2008
1
7
Default

i hope this is pushing 3D to new hights and surpasses Avatar in depth and out of the screen shots. Man that trailer is just mind blowing
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:36 PM   #28
Jowiko96 Jowiko96 is offline
Special Member
 
Jowiko96's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
Illinois
15
121
43
3
32
Default

I can't wait to see this!
"Funny how sometimes you just find things" - How I Met Your Mother [2005 - 2014]

Favorites Of 2014: Gone Girl, Boyhood, Life Itself, Coherence, Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes, Enemy, Under The Skin, Jersey Boys, Finding Vivian Maier, and Begin Again
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #29
Operation Swordfish Operation Swordfish is offline
Special Member
 
Operation Swordfish's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
Wisconsin
11
Default

Really looking forward to this one. There has been a lack of great quality 3D movies that have interested me for quite awhile. But this one definitely does
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:40 AM   #30
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredman View Post
i hope this is pushing 3D to new hights and surpasses Avatar in depth and out of the screen shots. Man that trailer is just mind blowing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Swordfish View Post
Really looking forward to this one. There has been a lack of great quality 3D movies that have interested me for quite awhile. But this one definitely does
Here's hoping. As far as surpassing Avatar's 3D, that is a tall order.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:29 AM   #31
SonOfArathorn SonOfArathorn is offline
Power Member
 
May 2009
549
9
1
Default

Children of Men would be excellent in 3D.... Anyway saw a trailer for this, not terribly interested but I dig Alfonso Cuaron so I'll check it out when it hits Bluray3D.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:15 AM   #32
reaper_234 reaper_234 is offline
Active Member
 
reaper_234's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
Default

I really can't wait for this movie, since pretty much all the scenes of this movie are gonna take place in space. I think this movie along with some great cinematography should offer some of the best 3D of this year.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:02 AM   #33
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
73
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper_234 View Post
I really can't wait for this movie, since pretty much all the scenes of this movie are gonna take place in space. I think this movie along with some great cinematography should offer some of the best 3D of this year.
I read an early preview took place and the 3D and movie got rave reviews. Of course I'd like to see if the audience members were attached to the film in anyway, or general movie goers giving their opinions and insight. Even so, that is good news from the sound of it, regarding Gravity.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #34
joenostalgia23 joenostalgia23 is offline
Power Member
 
joenostalgia23's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Monrovia, CA
978
1
Default

James Cameron was very positive, saying that not only was it the best space photography he'd ever seen, but also the best space movie he'd ever seen period. He's a pretty big expert on 3D, so I'd assume he's also talking about that when he compliments the space photography.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:53 AM   #35
eriaur eriaur is offline
Active Member
 
Feb 2009
Default

Wow!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:34 AM   #36
bowlingbilly10 bowlingbilly10 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bowlingbilly10's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriaur View Post
I really wanna see this badly
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #37
srinivas1015 srinivas1015 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
srinivas1015's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
India
64
435
118
10
8
Default

Can anybody post the trailers in 3D?
Optoma HD66 Projector | 140 Inch Matte White Screen | Polk 7.1 System: TSi 300, CS20, DSW500 | Onkyo HT-RC270 receiver
PC (Nvidia GTX 460, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i5, 32inch Sony Bravia as Monitor) | PS3 | XBOX360 | PS4 | Ultimate Ears 900 earphones
LG 55inch Passive 3D TV | Sony HTiB 5.1 | Apple TV 3 | Apple Airport Express | iPad Air | iPhone 5 | iPod Classic | Macbook Air (mid 2012) |
Philips Hue mood lighting | Nvidia 3D Vision
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:40 PM   #38
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
73
Default

The 3D at the theater looked good for Gravity's trailer, about medium 3D.

They're starting to show the TV spot/trailers on TV now.
I imagine this will be a real time event, where we spend each minute with the abandoned Astronaut desperately trying to get a grip of something before she floats too far out into space. Should be interesting.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #39
DavidGQ DavidGQ is offline
Active Member
 
DavidGQ's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
Vienna, VA
791
5
42
Default

When I first saw the trailer, I go meh. I really wasn't impressed with the trailer. I mean, you will spend 90 minutes watching 2 people in space. Then I see that they will be in 3D. I said it's a gimmick.

Well, I went to the screening last night.


And



It's ONE OF THE BEST 3D movies to date. Not only the 3D but the movie itself is amazing. I have watched many space movies but never like this. Not where you feel like you are in space. Kudos to the director. Now I need to follow his movies. As for 3D, amazing. I would rank it my top 5 3D movies of all time.

Must see 3D movie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why can't more movies be like this? Where 3D is part of the story and not a gimmicky?
LG 55LW5300 + PS3 + Onkyo 609 + KEF speakers
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 11:52 PM   #40
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
73
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidGQ View Post
When I first saw the trailer, I go meh. I really wasn't impressed with the trailer. I mean, you will spend 90 minutes watching 2 people in space. Then I see that they will be in 3D. I said it's a gimmick.

Well, I went to the screening last night.


And



It's ONE OF THE BEST 3D movies to date. Not only the 3D but the movie itself is amazing. I have watched many space movies but never like this. Not where you feel like you are in space. Kudos to the director. Now I need to follow his movies. As for 3D, amazing. I would rank it my top 5 3D movies of all time.

Must see 3D movie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why can't more movies be like this? Where 3D is part of the story and not a gimmicky?
Wow, that sounds great. Thanks for the head's up early review. Will check out Gravity 3D for sure, being a fan of outer space.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Tags
bullock, clooney, cuaron, gravity

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:19 AM.