COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$102.49
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$23.49
Restored Jazz Big Band Classics (Blu-ray)
$141.30
Veep: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$20.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$183.99
Disney Parks: The Secrets, Stories and Magic Behind the Scenes (Blu-ray)
$9.95
Earth From Above: Stunning Water (Blu-ray)
$9.95
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Masters of Sex: Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.49
Visitors (Blu-ray)
$17.49
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Showdown (Blu-ray)
$37.95
Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries: Series 2 (Blu-ray)
$30.99
Ernest & Celestine (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$44.96
Stalingrad 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.49
Sabrina (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Lilo & Stitch / Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch (Blu-ray)
$16.09

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 09-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #2241
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2013
Madison, WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorBlu View Post
I was at that show. My first and only con, just popped in to see what it was all about. It was a dream come true meeting Amy Steel, my favorite Friday girl (though I talked with her more about April Fool's Day, since there's already a lot of info out there about Friday).

I had heard that Marta Kober was heavy into drugs, and hate to say it, but seeing her in person that wouldn't surprise me. I think she mentioned that she was in the movie Saw? Maybe she was an extra or something, but I don't remember seeing her. Or maybe she was just confused, I remember she said some pretty strange things.

She did mention that she auditioned for Friday VII: The New Blood (I think), but since they were under code names she didn't realize it was Friday The 13th. So when she revealed that she had already done a Friday film, she didn't get the part.

I felt bad for Tiffany Helm during the panel, because everyone else there was from parts II or VI so most of the questions were regarding those films. She seemed very sweet though. I was saddened to see that she wasn't on the list of interviewees for the documentary. I know she has a few comments in the book, and is also credited as providing some of the photographs, so I was surprised she didn't return for the documentary.
Amy is great. I have met her 3 times now and she actually remembers me each time. One of my favorite FINAL girls for sure.

Kober didn't say anything weird to me, but I heard from friends she had some odd things to say.

Helm agreed to do CLM, along with Juliette Cummins, but both couldn't find free time when the filmmakers could.

Sounds like that may be the problem with why so many Campers were left out of this. The filmmakers said we have this time and if they couldn't come and be interviewed, they got skipped. I guess if they wanted more people they would've had to drag out filming a lot longer.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:19 PM   #2242
Power Member

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britbuffguy View Post
Helm agreed to do CLM, along with Juliette Cummins, but both couldn't find free time when the filmmakers could.
That's a shame. Didn't Cummins have some issues with the Slumber Party Massacre II commentary as well? She did the commentary and an interview for Shout Factory, but they had to remove them from the disc due to "legal issues"...
Old 09-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #2243

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorBlu View Post
I had heard that Marta Kober was heavy into drugs, and hate to say it, but seeing her in person that wouldn't surprise me. I think she mentioned that she was in the movie Saw? Maybe she was an extra or something, but I don't remember seeing her. Or maybe she was just confused, I remember she said some pretty strange things.
I know someone who lived in the same Los Angeles apartment complex as Marta Kober several years ago and let's just say there were some issues involving her and mail (including checks) being stolen out of residents' mailboxes. In addition to her drug issues she has had several other arrests. She is definitely troubled and I hope she can pull herself together. I think the stories of being in "Saw", working for "Death Row Records" etc are delusions. She was always one of my favorites from the early films and to hear all of these struggles she has gone through is sad and disturbing.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #2244

Jun 2011

Quote:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

If that works, that was me with her like 4 years ago. I met like 10-12 Friday alum that day. Good times!
It works just fine! Nice photo! I always wondered what became of Robbi Morgan! Thank you kindly for posting that!
Old 09-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #2245
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007
Haddonfield, IL

I still haven't received this and it shipped on the 16th. Hopefully soon.
The member formally known as Leem6453.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #2246

Sep 2011

I've been to a few F13 related conventions, my main thing is the "final girls", I remember being in an autograph room with 4 of them (King, Kimmell, Beck, Lincoln) and just wanting to stay there all day. Kimberly Beck is the nicest person I have ever met. I had to specifically go over and thank her at the end of the weekend for being so fantastic.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #2247

Sep 2011

Quote:
I really wanted to hear from him and why Harry was not asked to return and what not.
It seems at this time (VII & VIII) they were taking talent from the F13 TV series rather than past movies.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:46 AM   #2248
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2013
Madison, WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonJohn View Post
I've been to a few F13 related conventions, my main thing is the "final girls", I remember being in an autograph room with 4 of them (King, Kimmell, Beck, Lincoln) and just wanting to stay there all day. Kimberly Beck is the nicest person I have ever met. I had to specifically go over and thank her at the end of the weekend for being so fantastic.
I agree. She used to be a friend on Facebook. Either she just went to a fanpage or I cannot find her real page.

Anyways, I had not thought much of TED last summer after the first viewing. I said it was meh. Her husband produced it, and when she saw me at a convention last August, she ran up to me and jokingly started yelling at me for dissing her man's film.

She is flat out the coolest of all the ones I've met, with Amy being a close second.

Bill Randolph is pretty fun to hang with too.

Really the only FRIDAY ALUM I have met that was meh was John Furey. He came across kind of cold.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:51 AM   #2249

Dec 2011
Somewhere Left of Center

This is probably something obvious I should know as a lifelong F13 fan, but I'm gonna risk the wrath of asking (no such thing as a stupid question, right?): Does anyone know where that picture they show in the Doc at least 3 times comes from? The one where it shows a YOUNG Mrs. Voorhees holding a misshapen Jason when Jason was but an infant?

The only film I can think it came from was the remake, as I only saw that once at 12:01 AM on opening day. Or possibly some news clipping from Freddy vs. Jason -- which I've seen multiple times, but never noticed that photo (if that's where it's from). Thanks in advance to anyone who knows the origin of that photo!
Old 09-22-2013, 01:54 AM   #2250

Dec 2011
Somewhere Left of Center

Quote:
Was he the interview that was too late to make it, or any others?? I really wanted to hear from him and why Harry was not asked to return and what not.
The reason was obviously so they could change the wonderful and chilling "ki-ki-ma-ma" to the irritating and idiotic, "jason-jason-jason."

Part 8 is literally the ONLY F13 film I absolutely cannot stand. Every other one -- even part 9 -- I can sit through without much trouble. Part 8? No. And it was the first I truly hated as a kid, as well (I saw 3, 5, 6, 7, 8 in the theater as a child or young teenager).
Old 09-22-2013, 01:58 AM   #2251

Dec 2011
Somewhere Left of Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by omenboy View Post
I know someone who lived in the same Los Angeles apartment complex as Marta Kober several years ago and let's just say there were some issues involving her and mail (including checks) being stolen out of residents' mailboxes. In addition to her drug issues she has had several other arrests. She is definitely troubled and I hope she can pull herself together. I think the stories of being in "Saw", working for "Death Row Records" etc are delusions. She was always one of my favorites from the early films and to hear all of these struggles she has gone through is sad and disturbing.
My memories of her will always be regarding the odd way she says "chicken*@*!" in Friday the 13th Part 2.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:13 AM   #2252

May 2009
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
I agree. She used to be a friend on Facebook. Either she just went to a fanpage or I cannot find her real page.
I typed in her name and https://www.facebook.com/kimberlybeckfans is the second listing.

In the "About" section is says:

"WELCOME to the official Kimberly Beck fan page! This page is run by and monitored by the actress herself and Admin Bobby Heckman. "
Old 09-22-2013, 06:08 AM   #2253
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2013
Madison, WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopydrew View Post
This is probably something obvious I should know as a lifelong F13 fan, but I'm gonna risk the wrath of asking (no such thing as a stupid question, right?): Does anyone know where that picture they show in the Doc at least 3 times comes from? The one where it shows a YOUNG Mrs. Voorhees holding a misshapen Jason when Jason was but an infant?

The only film I can think it came from was the remake, as I only saw that once at 12:01 AM on opening day. Or possibly some news clipping from Freddy vs. Jason -- which I've seen multiple times, but never noticed that photo (if that's where it's from). Thanks in advance to anyone who knows the origin of that photo!
I honestly think it was made up for this doc. It wasn't in the remake or VS as far as I remember. The only pic they had in the remake was in the locket.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:11 AM   #2254
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2013
Madison, WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frantic Canadian View Post
I typed in her name and https://www.facebook.com/kimberlybeckfans is the second listing.

In the "About" section is says:

"WELCOME to the official Kimberly Beck fan page! This page is run by and monitored by the actress herself and Admin Bobby Heckman. "
Yeah I follow her on here, but she used to let you be her friend on her normal page!!!

She'd always post on my Status updates and stuff. Probably some stalker fan ruined it.

The only one I have on there that will still post on your wall and stuff is Kristina Klebe from the Halloween remake, although she isn't on there as much as she used to be.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:12 AM   #2255
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopydrew View Post
My memories of her will always be regarding the odd way she says "chicken*@*!" in Friday the 13th Part 2.
Man she was hot.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:23 AM   #2256

Nov 2011
NJ, USA

Quote:
I honestly think it was made up for this doc. It wasn't in the remake or VS as far as I remember. The only pic they had in the remake was in the locket.
They answer this in the commentary. It was created by a guy who made a bunch of other pics in the doc as well.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #2257

Jul 2012

I wouldn't trust Marta Kobbler (?) with my wallet at the local bar nowadays. Luckily I never go there to run into her.

"Hey dude, hit me up with a $20. I was in Saw."

"Hey guy, want to get laid. I just need a $20."

I'm surprised the woman is still alive frequenting around here and there. And she charges for autographs that do not appreciate in value -- ever! THe same can be said for many. Nonsense...
Old 09-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #2258

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanPom View Post
Man she was hot.

Not anymore:

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Oreg....67458161.html
Old 09-22-2013, 03:16 PM   #2259
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2013
Madison, WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by omenboy View Post
I guess that explains why she isn't doing conventions anymore...hit and run huh???

Yeah, when I met her she looked almost exactly like that.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #2260

Apr 2011
New York, NY

I watched up to FvJ last night and finally had to unglue myself from it. It wasnt easy.

Last edited by tommynorcal; 09-22-2013 at 06:17 PM. Reason: didnt know rules
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America