Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.98
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Game of Thrones - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Oblivion (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Tim Burton Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.49
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.94
Dragon Ball Z: Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Neighbors (Blu-ray)
$16.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 09-27-2013, 03:22 PM   #1
thebat2 thebat2 is offline
Active Member
 
thebat2's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
NC
1
1
Default Beowulf 3D

Just an FYI. Netflix has lifted the ISP ban and offers the Super HD and 3D options if you have a compatible device and at least a 6mbps Internet speed. Beowulf is available in 3D on Netflix. Looks really good. Since we have no proper Blu ray 3D release, we now have the option of seeing this in 3D.
A/V Equipment
Toshiba A-35 HD-DVD Dvd Player
Mitsubishi 82" DLP 3D Television, XBOX360, Onkyo TX-SR608 7.2 Receiver Panasonic DMP-BDT320 3D BR
XBOX 360 For Games
SDVD 1578BR 1036, BR3D 91
65 HD DVD
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #2
GenPion GenPion is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
GenPion's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
480
3
82
Default

I don't get the lack of a 3D Blu-ray release on this one... it's native 3D and it's a pretty firm guarantee that people who buy 3D releases will pick this up as an upgrade from the 2D edition.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:34 PM   #3
dmode dmode is offline
Member
 
dmode's Avatar
 
Sep 2013
449
92
Default

Thanks so much for the info. I will try when I get home!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
Joe Buck Joe Buck is offline
New Member
 
Jun 2011
Default

I watched this last night and really wish this was available on Blu-ray 3D. I saw this when it first came out in 3D on IMAX and thought the 3D was excellent back then. I have to say it looks pretty good on Netflix. I was expecting much worse. The part when Beowulf first lands on the shore and the guard points his spear right out of the screen is great!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #5
Big3dfan Big3dfan is offline
Expert Member
 
Jan 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebat2 View Post
Just an FYI. Netflix has lifted the ISP ban and offers the Super HD and 3D options if you have a compatible device and at least a 6mbps Internet speed. Beowulf is available in 3D on Netflix. Looks really good. Since we have no proper Blu ray 3D release, we now have the option of seeing this in 3D.
This is great news. Time to give Netflix a second chance!

are there any other 3D movies on their online collection?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:50 PM   #6
mseeley mseeley is offline
Special Member
 
mseeley's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
CA
91
Default

The ISP ban lift must be true, because I found 3D, Super HD, and Beowulf 3d on my Netflix **** YEAH!!!! This just made my day seriously
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:00 PM   #7
dmode dmode is offline
Member
 
dmode's Avatar
 
Sep 2013
449
92
Default

Watching Shark Night in 3d right now. Looks better than the VUDU version on my equip. Not avail on Bluray 3d in US either.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:13 AM   #8
Taygan315 Taygan315 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Taygan315's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
10
5
Default

Please forgive my ignorance, how do you watch 3D on Netflix? What glasses do you use?
My mancave:

Displays - Sony Bravia 3D 55HX800, Epson 3D 3020 (124")
Players - Sony BDP-S570, Sony BDP-S590
Game system - Sony PS3 320GB
Computer - Mac 27" i5 1 terabyte hdd (1 terabyte back up hdd)
Portable Devices - iPad (4th gen A6 64GB), MacBook Pro (17" i5 500GB), iPod Touch (5th gen A5 32GB)
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:24 AM   #9
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
73
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebat2 View Post
Just an FYI. Netflix has lifted the ISP ban and offers the Super HD and 3D options if you have a compatible device and at least a 6mbps Internet speed. Beowulf is available in 3D on Netflix. Looks really good. Since we have no proper Blu ray 3D release, we now have the option of seeing this in 3D.
Cool. Thanks for posting this news.
Great to hear it's at least showing somewhere in 3D again. A favorite movie and saw it twice in 3D in 2007 theaters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Buck View Post
I watched this last night and really wish this was available on Blu-ray 3D. I saw this when it first came out in 3D on IMAX and thought the 3D was excellent back then. I have to say it looks pretty good on Netflix. I was expecting much worse. The part when Beowulf first lands on the shore and the guard points his spear right out of the screen is great!
Agreed. Hopefully if this gets enough views on Netflix 3D, they'll consider Beowulf 3D on blu ray 3D by 2014.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:14 AM   #10
whotony whotony is offline
Active Member
 
Aug 2008
21
8
Default

Sammy's Tale and Immortals and Nitro Circus are there, I didnt see them on the 3D catagory.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:37 AM   #11
Operation Swordfish Operation Swordfish is offline
Special Member
 
Operation Swordfish's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
Wisconsin
11
Default

I still don't see any 3D movies on my Netflix Even if I search for them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:38 AM   #12
dmode dmode is offline
Member
 
dmode's Avatar
 
Sep 2013
449
92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taygan315 View Post
Please forgive my ignorance, how do you watch 3D on Netflix? What glasses do you use?
If you have the proper bandwidth, you can view 3d movies using the Netflix app on your tv. It will automatically give you the option when you start the movie. Try Beowulf, The Immortals, or Shark Night. Don't know what others they have. If you do not get the option, your bandwidth may not be sufficient, or you might have to update your Netflix app.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #13
Taygan315 Taygan315 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Taygan315's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
10
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmode View Post
If you have the proper bandwidth, you can view 3d movies using the Netflix app on your tv. It will automatically give you the option when you start the movie. Try Beowulf, The Immortals, or Shark Night. Don't know what others they have. If you do not get the option, your bandwidth may not be sufficient, or you might have to update your Netflix app.
Thank you. I will check into it.
My mancave:

Displays - Sony Bravia 3D 55HX800, Epson 3D 3020 (124")
Players - Sony BDP-S570, Sony BDP-S590
Game system - Sony PS3 320GB
Computer - Mac 27" i5 1 terabyte hdd (1 terabyte back up hdd)
Portable Devices - iPad (4th gen A6 64GB), MacBook Pro (17" i5 500GB), iPod Touch (5th gen A5 32GB)
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #14
EricJ EricJ is offline
Suspended
 
Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmode View Post
If you have the proper bandwidth, you can view 3d movies using the Netflix app on your tv. It will automatically give you the option when you start the movie. Try Beowulf, The Immortals, or Shark Night. Don't know what others they have. If you do not get the option, your bandwidth may not be sufficient, or you might have to update your Netflix app.
The "3D" is now a little tech-bug box under the title, along with "HD" or "SuperHD" next to the running time.
If you're using the PS3 app--which you'd probably have to, to process 3D, unless you have a smart-3DTV that has a more current NF app than the old classic "linear" one--there should be a separate category for "3D" in the title suggestions, alphabetically just before "Action Thrillers".
(My Panasonic Viera still has the old classic "Long line" queue, so I'm stuck using the PS3.)
Oh, and they pretty much only get the obscure IMAX, nature docs, Well Go Asian and foreign toons sourced from 3Net, so don't look up Hugo or The Lorax expecting it to be there.

And having finally at long last gotten a look at Beowulf--I swore I'd never watch it until it came out in 3D disk, which made it a long wait--we can now put it together with Monster House, Polar Express and Christmas Carol, and appreciate just what a deeply, deeply troubled individual Mr. Z was during his CGI phase.
HE thought he was brilliant, but now, taken all together, his one style is ust starting to look a little weird...And I don't just mean "marionette"-weird, I mean "Who the heck imagined this scene?"-weird.

Last edited by EricJ; 09-28-2013 at 03:40 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:54 PM   #15
Operation Swordfish Operation Swordfish is offline
Special Member
 
Operation Swordfish's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
Wisconsin
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
The "3D" is now a little tech-bug box under the title, along with "HD" or "SuperHD" next to the running time.
If you're using the PS3 app--which you'd probably have to, to process 3D, unless you have a smart-3DTV that has a more current NF app than the old classic "linear" one--there should be a separate category for "3D" in the title suggestions, alphabetically just before "Action Thrillers".
(My Panasonic Viera still has the old classic "Long line" queue, so I'm stuck using the PS3.)
It sounds like I can't get 3D because I'm not able to use my PS3 because its dead as a door nail right now. I would have thought my 3D Blu-Ray player's netflix app would have the 3D option but it doesn't.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:40 AM   #16
TravelSteveR TravelSteveR is offline
Active Member
 
Aug 2011
Texas City, TX
Default Netflix 3D Not Showing

I have a Panasonic Viera 3D TV, a Samsung 3D Blu-Ray player, and Comcast Blast Internet, and I don't get a 3D option on any of the titles mentioned. I have tried the Netflix app on each device, but no luck. I may have to move the PS3, which I never use, to the 3D TV to try it.
Better Living Through Godzilla
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #17
thebat2 thebat2 is offline
Active Member
 
thebat2's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
NC
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelSteveR View Post
I have a Panasonic Viera 3D TV, a Samsung 3D Blu-Ray player, and Comcast Blast Internet, and I don't get a 3D option on any of the titles mentioned. I have tried the Netflix app on each device, but no luck. I may have to move the PS3, which I never use, to the 3D TV to try it.
Here is the list of compatible devices.

https://support.netflix.com/en/node/8739
A/V Equipment
Toshiba A-35 HD-DVD Dvd Player
Mitsubishi 82" DLP 3D Television, XBOX360, Onkyo TX-SR608 7.2 Receiver Panasonic DMP-BDT320 3D BR
XBOX 360 For Games
SDVD 1578BR 1036, BR3D 91
65 HD DVD
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:07 PM   #18
dmode dmode is offline
Member
 
dmode's Avatar
 
Sep 2013
449
92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebat2 View Post
Here is the list of compatible devices.

https://support.netflix.com/en/node/8739
I have a Samsung LED Smart tv and it's Netflix app is 3d enabled. It's model number is UN65F8000BF.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:40 PM   #19
whotony whotony is offline
Active Member
 
Aug 2008
21
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebat2 View Post
Here is the list of compatible devices.

https://support.netflix.com/en/node/8739
Thats an outdated list that was posted when you needed to do soemthing called open connect.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:39 AM   #20
thebat2 thebat2 is offline
Active Member
 
thebat2's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
NC
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whotony View Post
Thats an outdated list that was posted when you needed to do soemthing called open connect.
Ah. Well I can only get the 3D to work on the PS3. I have three 3D TVs and 43D players counting the PS3 and only the PS3 has the 3D option on Netflix.
A/V Equipment
Toshiba A-35 HD-DVD Dvd Player
Mitsubishi 82" DLP 3D Television, XBOX360, Onkyo TX-SR608 7.2 Receiver Panasonic DMP-BDT320 3D BR
XBOX 360 For Games
SDVD 1578BR 1036, BR3D 91
65 HD DVD
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:24 AM.