Best PS4 Deals

Top PS4 Deals, Cheap PS4 Games!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Alien (Blu-ray)
$53.51
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Destiny (Blu-ray)
$94.95
Infamous: Second Son (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Just Dance 2014 (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Metro Redux (Blu-ray)
$34.99
FIFA 14 (Blu-ray)
$25.21
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor (Blu-ray)
$55.84
Need for Speed: Rivals (Blu-ray)
$39.96
FIFA 15 (Blu-ray)
$53.40
MLB 14: The Show (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Lego Movie Videogame (Blu-ray)
$19.99
UFC (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Lego Marvel Super Heroes (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Lego Marvel Super Heroes (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 10-02-2013, 01:37 AM   #1

May 2013
Atlanta, Ga
Default Launch day PS4 - without a preorder

I haven't seen much discussion about this anywhere, so I thought I'd start a thread. Anyone else out there hoping to grab a day 1 ps4, but didn't get a pre-order? I've been asking a couple retail stores about day 1 inventory, and they said they would have more on the truck than the preorders. so there is a chance to pick one up in store at midnight.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:15 AM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007
AB, Canada PSNetwork: Rike255

Best chance to get one day 1 is to pre-order.
PSN ID: Rike255 | My NEW Home Theatre!
Paradigm Cinema 400 x5 & PSW505 | Marantz SR7007 | Sony 46" Bravia V5100 | PS3 | PS4
Old 10-02-2013, 08:13 AM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012
Texas

I had to cancel my ps4 amazon pre-order a couple months ago, so now I'm in the same boat (trying to get a ps4 on launch day without a pre-order). I have a feeling I'm going to be unsuccessful. I'm sure I'll be able to pick one up at least within a couple weeks of launch though.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #4

Apr 2013

Or u can mug a emo gamestop kid launch day... All that hair in his eyes he wont see it coming
Old 10-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #5

May 2013
Atlanta, Ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispatch Ninja View Post
I had to cancel my ps4 amazon pre-order a couple months ago, so now I'm in the same boat (trying to get a ps4 on launch day without a pre-order). I have a feeling I'm going to be unsuccessful. I'm sure I'll be able to pick one up at least within a couple weeks of launch though.
Well my plan is to find a store like kmart that will likely not have a line. From what I'm hearing some stores will have a decent amount of non-preorder ps4s available. Its just a matter of finding the store that doesn't have 200 people standing outside. I think I'm more likely to get one on day 1 by standing in line a few hrs than to find a preorder (many preorders won't be shipped til after christmas from what I've read)

I remember hearing people stood in line for 2 days at best buy for the ps3 launch and didn't get one though.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
CT

I wasn't originally planning on getting it at launch since I didn't think I would have the money, but I've since sold some older PS1 & PS2 games on ebay & now have the entire amount to pay for it. I'm hoping some more pre-orders will pop up on amazon, if not will try to get one on release day.
Three pitchers of beer & you still can't ask?

Last edited by tylerdurden10; 10-02-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:38 PM   #7
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdurden10 View Post
I wasn't originally planning on getting it at launch since I didn't think I would have the money, but I've since sold some older PS1 & PS2 games on ebay & now have the entire amount to pay for it. I'm hoping some more pre-orders will pop up on amazon, if not will try to get one on release day.
I think Max had the theory that Sony would open up more quantities for pre-orders on Amazon and other retailers a bit closer to launch (like mid October perhaps?), so it's not out of the realm of possibilites

It just happened in Europe too, so hopefully more PS4s are allocated to the US soon as well... PS4 SKU pre-orders have been unavailable in the US for more than 2 months now I think.

Time is the School in Which We Learn
Time is the Fire in Which We Burn

Delmore Schwartz (1913-1966)
Old 10-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispatch Ninja View Post
why did you have to cancel the preorder? You pretty much screwed yourself over if you want one at launch now
Old 10-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2012
Knoxville, TN

I guess if you luck out. It will vary by store I assume. I give it a .1% chance of walking into any "major" retailer and coming away with a unit without a preorder.
Go Tar Heels & Arsenal FC

Hannon le

Items for sale
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....75#post9698175
Old 10-03-2013, 02:01 AM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007

I think everyone isn't giving Sony enough credit here. They've done this console launch thing many times now, and they know there needs to be stock available on store shelves that people can visibly see being purchased to generate that positive word of mouth.

It would shock me if there wasn't a sizable quantity of non-pre-ordered stock available, particularly since Sony has been giving off very confident vibes about having good supply ever since the reveal in February.

Of course, they apparently do have somewhere in the vicinity of 2M units pre-ordered worldwide, so just how much more stock they'll have left for walk-in customers at launch is an open question.
PS3: 100+ games, 100+ movies. Pure HD bliss!
Old 10-03-2013, 06:30 AM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007
Kent

im sure there will be plenty of units at launch

im actually expecting there won't be a holiday shortage
Old 10-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #12
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011
England

Sony have pretty much said, if you missed out on a launch console you will have one by Christmas

PSN: Goofy_Wookie
Old 10-03-2013, 09:44 AM   #13
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
UK

You will have to look around cause most people have pre ordered the ps4 in advance.
Currently: Playing:Wolfenstein The New Order/Tomb Raider The Definitive Edition/Metro Redux/Destiny/The Evil Within/Sunset Overdrive
Old 10-04-2013, 07:26 AM   #14
Special Member

Sep 2010
Alaska

So I seen a sign up the other week about pre ordering at walmart. went to go pre order but it wouldn't. the manager comes over and told the person helping me that they quit doing it on Saturday. It was Wednesday.So annoying.
PSN= akraven

NBA-BULLS
NFL-CHIEFS
MLB-anyone who beats the yankees
Old 10-04-2013, 07:39 AM   #15

Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DinAK View Post
So I seen a sign up the other week about pre ordering at walmart. went to go pre order but it wouldn't. the manager comes over and told the person helping me that they quit doing it on Saturday. It was Wednesday.So annoying.
while buying the little mermaid digibook this week (at target of course) i asked the clerk in electronics about pre-orders for both consoles, if available ..his only answer was " every store in this region (socal-la, valley area) took ten pre-orders " i think he was full of shit..
Old 10-04-2013, 11:26 PM   #16

May 2013
Atlanta, Ga

My local TRU told me today that they would probably have 20 PS4s extra on day 1. So there is hope that most stores will have some at midnight for people that didn't preorder.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #17
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2008
Mobile, AL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluRayGator View Post
My local TRU told me today that they would probably have 20 PS4s extra on day 1. So there is hope that most stores will have some at midnight for people that didn't preorder.
There will be 50 people waiting in line for those 20. Have time to set up camp?
PSN = derb
Xbox Live = BMW 135i Coupe

2013 Game of the Year - The Last of Us

PS3 Slim 320GB, PS3 Slim 1TB, PS3 S Slim 500GB, PS Vita 64GB, PS4 1.5TB, Xbox 360 S 250GB, Xbox 360 S 250GB+320GB, Xbox One 4TB WD, Nintendo Wii U 2TB WD, Nintendo 3DS XL 32GB
Old 10-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
Omaha NE
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
There will be 50 people waiting in line for those 20. Have time to set up camp?
For the PS3 there were people waiting in line at least two days before they went on sale. I remember going to Target and thinking WTF are these people doing standing outside. When I walked by they said they were wainting in line for the PS3 to go on sale. Two days before!
Old 10-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #19
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
why did you have to cancel the preorder? You pretty much screwed yourself over if you want one at launch now
Ya, now I wish I would have just waited instead of cancelling when I did. At the time, we had so much stuff coming up and I had to use the ps4 money I had saved up on other things, so I hadn't planned on getting one till next year's tax return because I didn't think there was any way I would have the extra money to get one on release day. Well now I'm kicking myself because we caught up financially a lot faster than I thought we would. I don't mind waiting though, if a 2nd wave of pre-orders comes up at amazon I'll probably just do that. Or I may just wait until best buy has stock in so I can use my reward zone.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:08 PM   #20
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluRayGator View Post
The Walmart ad for Ps3 said 10 minimum per store.

The Walmart I camped at got 4.

I had to go back the following Wed with a raincheck because I was 7th in line.

(Still enjoy Ps3,.. not planning on getting Ps4.)
Blu Rays are Forever
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4