Best Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Treme: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$96.99
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.99
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.99
X-Men Collection (Blu-ray)
$60.58
Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D (Blu-ray)
$69.99
The Maze Runner (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
Rocky: Heavyweight Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 10-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #9621
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeOfPrunes View Post
Yeah this song introduced me to Zappa. I love it.

Glad to read Mabuse steelbook does include 2 Blu-Ray discs!
Probably indicates that Nosferatu steelbook will only be £18 from Eureka too! Means I will cancel Amazon order and go with them
Old 10-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #9622
Power Member

Aug 2007
Estonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin View Post
any clues?
The Rocket
Old 10-03-2013, 04:55 PM   #9623
Special Member

Jul 2013
St. Albans, UK

Thank you, seems quite low so I may pre order.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #9624

Jul 2012
Wales, UK

I have pre ordered both Nosferatu and Mabuse. To be honest I been waiting for both films so long I am happy to pay more.
"One thought he was invincible… the other thought he could fly. They were both wrong" - Steven Seagal

Preorders: The Burbs SB, Shivers SB, Killer Klowns From Outerspace SB, Army Of Darkness SB, The Rescuers SB, The Lion King SB, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Fox And The Hound SB, Tangled SB, Stagefright LE,

Looking for: Frozen Steelbook (Zavvi Exclusive)
Old 10-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #9625
Special Member

Jul 2013
St. Albans, UK

Was that from Eureka? Maybe it will be cheaper from them?
Old 10-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #9626
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011
Leeds, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakulinchuk View Post
I wonder if the 344 page booklet will have some new material or if it's just a collage of the four booklets in the previous box.
The previous dvd booklets combined come to 264pages. So I imagine they'll include new material, and keep it the same font size as the Joan of Arc book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenia View Post
I had another look yesterday on my computer and haven't been able to find out this problem at this time mark. Would it be possible to have screenshots of this to understand exactly what we're talking about (and also for future references of problem spotting ) ?
First off the picture isn't great as I have no blu capturing software, and the camera on my phone isn't the greatest quality. I focused on Mastroianni because that where they seem to be focused.

[Show spoiler]

You can clearly see what I was talking about though. I've tried it in another player and it's still present. So it's either an encoding error or I've been unlucky in getting a faulty disc.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #9627

Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judex View Post
The previous dvd booklets combined come to 264pages. So I imagine they'll include new material, and keep it the same font size as the Joan of Arc book.

First off the picture isn't great as I have no blu capturing software, and the camera on my phone isn't the greatest quality. I focused on Mastroianni because that where they seem to be focused.

[Show spoiler]

You can clearly see what I was talking about though. I've tried it in another player and it's still present. So it's either an encoding error or I've been unlucky in getting a faulty disc.
I didn't notice this when watching the film last night but I just checked and can see it.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #9628
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2013
Germany

didnt the same thing happen at two lane blacktop? the MoC has some compression errors and the criterion is fine.

just received my money (overtime @ work) today.. probably gonna order some fritz lang movies later (nibelungen, metropolis, both mabuse)

i always wondered why the cleopatra amaray release is more expensiv then the steelbook? ( i dont want steels in my collection)
Old 10-03-2013, 10:58 PM   #9629
Power Member

Sep 2010
France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansinthe View Post
didnt the same thing happen at two lane blacktop? the MoC has some compression errors and the criterion is fine.
For Two Lane Blacktop, it wasn't a compression issue but a filtering issue. MoC used the "faulty" material supplied by Universal when Criterion used their own material.

About the same happened on Repo Man, but the difference there was only marginal.
Mes tests Blu Rays

"To be is to do"-Socrate; "To do is to be"-Sartre; "Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra; "Scooby Dooby Doo"-Scooby Doo; "Yaba Daba Doo!"-Fred Flintstone
Old 10-03-2013, 11:21 PM   #9630

Nov 2011

La Notte looks great in motion, much much better than Two Lane Blacktop. I thought that verged on the watercolour look.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:45 PM   #9631
Power Member

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon_260
I moved to Arctic Canada recently, and it took exactly one week from placing my order to receiving it. Quicker than I've received stuff that has shipped from within Canada. Very exciting to watch La notte and Van Gogh.
Van Gogh arrived stateside today.
US/UK films that need to be on blu-ray:The Little Foxes (1941 Wyler), The Court Jester (1955 Frank/Panama), Thunderheart (1992, Apted) , Lone Star (1996, Sayles)

Foreign films that need to be on blu-ray:
Raise The Red Lantern (1991, Zhang), The Best of Youth (2003, Giordana), Still Life (2006, Jia), 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days (2007, Mungiu)

Avatar = Stalker (1979, Tarkovskiy)
Old 10-04-2013, 01:24 AM   #9632
Expert Member

Mar 2011

I never imagined I'd see La Notte looking so good. Wasn't looking for problems, but noticed some shimmer on the costume of Tomasso's mother, in the hospital room. But I've seen that before on the other brand's Samurai costumes, a chain-link fence and some windows in West Side Story and on Cary Grant's shirt in It Takes a Thief. He wears that shirt for so long, too -- they should have had the foresight to know what might happen when the movie was digitized.

La Notte is one of the few movies I have with a high rewatchability factor. Did you notice how the little Alfa might have been crushed by a falling shovel bucket if it hadn't swerved, on the way to the hospital?
Old 10-04-2013, 03:31 AM   #9633
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

Anyone on the fence about Shogun Assassin on Blu-Ray...it's only £7.72 from Play.com at the moment. Cheapest I've seen it - I paid £8.99 a couple of months ago!
Old 10-04-2013, 06:28 AM   #9634
Power Member

Sep 2010
France

Quote:
Originally Posted by aewb View Post
[I]I thought that verged on the watercolour look.
Yes, absolutely.
Mes tests Blu Rays

"To be is to do"-Socrate; "To do is to be"-Sartre; "Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra; "Scooby Dooby Doo"-Scooby Doo; "Yaba Daba Doo!"-Fred Flintstone
Old 10-04-2013, 08:48 AM   #9635

Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapta View Post
Anyone on the fence about Shogun Assassin on Blu-Ray...it's only £7.72 from Play.com at the moment. Cheapest I've seen it - I paid £8.99 a couple of months ago!
A lot of Eureka titles are really cheap at Base right now. Cœur fidèle is the bargain of the year at only £7.59.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:14 AM   #9636

May 2011
Rome, Italy

So glad I've waited for CC's La Notte. Sorry, MoC.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:31 AM   #9637

May 2011
Rome, Italy

Quote:
my favorite Mizoguchi so far is "ugetsu" but i still have to watch Life of Oharu from Criterion. a mozoguchi movie feels a lot like a "modern" ozu in my opinion.
Simply one of the greatest works of art ever made, and CC disc features a flawless presentation. "Watch with confidence"
Old 10-04-2013, 10:10 AM   #9638

Sep 2013
Cardiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by aewb View Post
A lot of Eureka titles are really cheap at Base right now. Cœur fidèle is the bargain of the year at only £7.59.
Wow, quite a few MoC titles there for £7.59 delivered. Thanks!

Just ordered Cœur fidèle, Tokyo Sonata and Pigs and Battleships.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #9639

Sep 2013
Cardiff

Quote:
i always wondered why the cleopatra amaray release is more expensiv then the steelbook? ( i dont want steels in my collection)
Same here. I don't mind steelbooks for individual random titles, but not when it's part of a collection such as MoC, BFI or Arrow, etc.

Seems that everybody is jumping on the steelbook wagon at the moment, can't see what the fuss is about. They don't look nice, especially when placed in individual plastic bags...
Old 10-04-2013, 11:38 AM   #9640
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan32 View Post
Seems that everybody is jumping on the steelbook wagon... They don't look nice, especially when placed in individual plastic bags...
I just bung them with the rest of the stuff.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland