Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
The Gershwins' Porgy & Bess (Blu-ray)
$29.89
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
The Addams Family (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.92
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (After You've Seen It!)
One Star 4 1.91%
Two Stars 8 3.83%
Three Stars 23 11.00%
Four Stars 70 33.49%
Five Stars 104 49.76%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #561
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007
Staffordshite, UK

not sure what it is about the movie as I wasnt overly impressed ie not blown away, although it was certainly good.
Weakest of the last 4 along with Tangled IMO but I still love Tangled so I'm not saying its bad at all.

Maybe with repeat viewings I'll warm up to it more. The songs certainly worked their way into my bloody brain

"do you wanna build a snow man......let go!!.....come on lets go and play....let it go-oo-ohhh!!!!"
(Pre-)ordered/Shipped: Butterfly Effect SB / Clerks SB / Guardians of the Galaxy SB / Lucy SB / Sin City 2 SB / Tarzan SB / The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug 3D Extended Statue
For Sale/Trade: The Little Mermaid US 2D/DVD w/3D slip / Snowpiercer Kimichi Full Slip Steelbook (spares/sealed) PM me with offers if interested
Wanted: Taiwan (or next best English audio) Noah 3D Steelbook

Last edited by yeslek; 12-16-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:32 PM   #562
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeslek View Post
not sure what it is about the movie as I was overly impressed ie not blown away, although it was certainly good.
Weakest of the last 4 along with Tangled IMO but I still love Tangled so I'm not saying its bad at all.

Maybe with repeat viewings I'll warm up to it more. The songs certainly worked their way into my bloody brain

"do you wanna build a snow man......let go!!.....come on lets go and play....let it go-oo-ohhh!!!!"
"... as I was overly impressed ie not blown away..."

A little contradictory there, my friend.
HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

FOR SALE/TRADE THREAD: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=55884
Old 12-16-2013, 02:57 PM   #563
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007
Staffordshite, UK

my bad...'wasnt'

Fixed
(Pre-)ordered/Shipped: Butterfly Effect SB / Clerks SB / Guardians of the Galaxy SB / Lucy SB / Sin City 2 SB / Tarzan SB / The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug 3D Extended Statue
For Sale/Trade: The Little Mermaid US 2D/DVD w/3D slip / Snowpiercer Kimichi Full Slip Steelbook (spares/sealed) PM me with offers if interested
Old 12-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #564
Special Member

Feb 2012
Freehold, NJ

Well I was finally able to see this. To be honest, despite all the positive reviews I read, I went in not expecting much. Nothing I had seen in the trailers or any other promotional materials got me interested or excited in anyway. However, being the Disney fanatic I am, I could never resist seeing a Disney Animated Feature in theaters, so I took my little brothers and mother to a early morning screening.

I must say, I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed it. The movie has a very genuine charm that I was not expecting. It felt new, yet at the same time classic. The story, songs, and themes were all very engaging. While it's not the strongest of the Lasseter era features, I strongly applaud the crew on making such a heart-warming and enjoyable movie.

As for how it ranks with the other films since Lasseter saved DFA, i'd rank them:
1) Princess and the Frog
2) Tangled
3) Wreck-It Ralph
4) Frozen
5) Meet the Robinsons
6) Bolt
7) Winnie the Pooh
While they may not meet the financial acclaim of the Renaissance films, creatively, DFA has been on an incredible winning streak.
The Official Disney Animation Thread
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=195921
Old 12-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #565
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
The more I think about it, the more I come to realize that the Mickey cartoon that showed before Frozen in 3D was more inspired than the feature presentation.
I couldn't wait for that short to end. It was very repetitive.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #566
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
I couldn't wait for that short to end. It was very repetitive.

Kinda annoying for me, too!
Old 12-16-2013, 04:53 PM   #567
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafisher94 View Post
Well I was finally able to see this. To be honest, despite all the positive reviews I read, I went in not expecting much. Nothing I had seen in the trailers or any other promotional materials got me interested or excited in anyway. However, being the Disney fanatic I am, I could never resist seeing a Disney Animated Feature in theaters, so I took my little brothers and mother to a early morning screening.

I must say, I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed it. The movie has a very genuine charm that I was not expecting. It felt new, yet at the same time classic. The story, songs, and themes were all very engaging. While it's not the strongest of the Lasseter era features, I strongly applaud the crew on making such a heart-warming and enjoyable movie.

As for how it ranks with the other films since Lasseter saved DFA, i'd rank them:
1) Princess and the Frog
2) Tangled
3) Wreck-It Ralph
4) Frozen
5) Meet the Robinsons
6) Bolt
7) Winnie the Pooh
While they may not meet the financial acclaim of the Renaissance films, creatively, DFA has been on an incredible winning streak.

I would rank it as:
1. Tangled
2. Meet the Robinsons
3. Frozen
4. Wreck it Ralph
5. Princess and the Frog
6. Bolt
7. Winnie the Pooh
Old 12-16-2013, 04:54 PM   #568
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonite1970 View Post
Kinda annoying for me, too!
Yeah I didn't like the short.
La double vie de moi.
iScottie's Storefront
Old 12-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #569
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2009

1. Wreck it Ralph
2. Frozen
3. Tangled

4. Princess and the Frog

5. Meet the Robinsons
6. Bolt

Didnt like Robinsons and Bolt at all
Old 12-16-2013, 04:59 PM   #570
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

1. Tangled
  2. Bolt
  3. Wreck-It Ralph
  4. Frozen
  5. The Princess and the Frog
  6. Meet the Robinsons
  7. Winnie the Pooh

I like them all, but that's how I'd rank them.
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell/Instagram: pj_campbell/Podcast: Reel Film Chatter
Old 12-16-2013, 05:03 PM   #571
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
AZ

For me,

1. Tangled
2. Wreck it Ralph
3. Bolt
4. Frozen
5. Winnie the Pooh
6. Princess and the Frog
7. Meet the Robinsons

Time is the School in Which We Learn
Time is the Fire in Which We Burn

Delmore Schwartz (1913-1966)
Old 12-16-2013, 05:09 PM   #572
Suspended

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonic View Post
Olaf turns out to be genuinely funny though. He is funny for the way he says things, not necessarily for what he says, in which is something that most annoying sidekick characters lack.
The fact that Olaf's supposed to be annoyingly group-huggy (because of how he was made) I managed, even as far back as the trailers, to put in the context of "What if BEN from Treasure Planet had actually been funny?"
(In a good way.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
The more I think about it, the more I come to realize that the Mickey cartoon that showed before Frozen in 3D was more inspired than the feature presentation.
Thought it had that Mickey's Philharmagic-eque quality of a Disney Parks 3D attraction, if mainstream 3D hadn't been in the plexes first.
I'll agree it went on a bit long though (stretching every gag five or six times instead of the magic three), and might've cribbed Osamu Tezuka's "Broken Down Film", oh, a tad:
(Which bit of Tezuka tribute would make all the "Greatest since Lion King" comments somewhat, ahem, IRONIC. )

But the fact that we got it in our theater alongside the WWD promo where the T-Rex "breaks" the screen reminded us how good it was to have studios "figure out" 3D again.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:13 PM   #573
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011
(Currently Bangor, PA) But One Day Hopefully Hollywood, California

I've only seen
Tangled
Bolt
Wreck-It Ralph
Frozen

And the first so many minutes of The Princess And The Frog.
I have a script I wrote "Truth Or Dare" It's very Scream like. If interested in reading it. PM ME. My Blu rays for sale Thread

The Biggest Jennifer Lawrence fan on here. Favorite Movie Of the Year So Far X-Men: Days Of Future Past

I've finished a first draft of my latest script. Which is a comedy called "Life As Liz" with Jen being in mind written as the lead. It's my 12th script.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #574
Expert Member

Apr 2013
Illinois, U.S.

1. Frozen
2. Tangled
3. WIR
4. Princess and the Frog

and then a MASSIVE jump

5. Bolt
6. MTR
7. Winnie the Pooh.

The biggest problem I have with Frozen is that it's similar to Tangled. But then I think I like it better, and I definitely like the music better. Oh, and Idina's singing voice doesn't match Elsa, the speaking voice and singing voice seem to be two different people even though they're both Idina.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:10 PM   #575
Power Member

Apr 2011

I'm not sure I can rank them, but I'd put Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph at the top, followed by The Princess and the Frog and Winnie the Pooh. Bolt trails behind a bit. I haven't seen Meet the Robinsons yet. I don't think Bolt is bad, but it's a bit bland. WTP is a little harder to compare to the rest since it's more episodic in nature.

I'd like to see Frozen again before making a more definitive opinion (I haven't got a chance to see it again since going to the Tuesday evening preview), but I'm guessing it will end up in the same range as PATF and WTP. I don't think I will be able to overlook its flaws and place it up there with Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:12 PM   #576
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
OH

1. Wreck it Ralph (A-)
2. Princess and the Frog (B)
3. Tangled (C)
4. Bolt (D)
waiting until disk for Frozen and I refuse to watch Winnie the Pooh.
Might check out the Robinson movie sometime but not sure.
Buy/Sale/Trade
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...ostcount=13688
New UV codes for sale or trade :Have:Walking WIth Dinosaurs UV/Anchorman 2/ wolf of wall street / Nebraska/ Mandela/ Homefront UV/ Oldboy SD UV from DVD/ Gravity/Riddick/DIANA (vudu)/Machete 2/
Want:BadAss 2 UV/ Great Expectations UV/ Far and away uv
Old 12-16-2013, 06:17 PM   #577
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
Utah

1. Frozen

My favorite since The Lion King, so it's a massive jump.

2. Tangled
3. Bolt
4. Wreck-it Ralph
5. Princess and the Frog
6. Meet the Robinsons
7. Winnie the Pooh
My Top 20 Films
1. Spirited Away 2. Princess Mononoke 3. Red Cliff 4. Battle Royale 5. The Dark Knight 6. Beauty and the Beast (1991) 7. Jurassic Park 8. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) 9. Memories of Murder 10. Seven Samurai 11. Finding Nemo 12. Vertigo 13. Inception 14. Casablanca 15. My Neighbor Totoro 16. The Lion King 17. A Bittersweet Life 18. Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King 19. Life Is Beautiful 20. Castle In the Sky
Old 12-16-2013, 06:36 PM   #578
Suspended

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Okay, if we're all playing the ranking game:

1) Tangled (hit all the right notes, and reminded us that "90's" wasn't just about ink-and-paint, although it wouldn't have hurt)
2) Wreck-It Ralph (yes, I'm surprised I liked Vanellope, too - Sure didn't look that way in the trailers)
3) Meet the Robinsons (a historically iconic symbol of the Stainton -> Lasseter changeover, and memorial to how Chicken Little became faux-Pixar, in the space of 90 minutes - When the hyperactively "looney" family suddenly turn into the cuddly-supportive Incredibles in the last two reels, THAT'S what we were fighting for, in all those last years of the Eisner era)
4) Winnie the Pooh (it meant well, although consciously retro-deconstructive TV humor did creep in a bit too much)
5) Bolt (eat it, Chris Sanders, eat it, THIS is how we make a movie in the post-Pixar age where we care about the characters! Although the Hollywood-industry in-jokes, with the pigeons and the screenwriter-wannabes, made it seem too much of a vanity throw-together)
6) Frozen (it's just sinking in now how MUCH of a no-boyz-allowed Brave-and-bow chick-flick this was, and if it wasn't, we could have had a less hyperactively "funny" heroine and less of the dopey bad-prince stuff. And the Broadway-Equity New Amsterdam "staginess" wasn't as painful as Hunchback's, but will the nightmares ever go away?
7) Princess & the Frog (a dozen classic Disney tropes in search of a PLOT. Or at least a road map--Even the animated characters seemed to have an expression of "Quick, does anyone know what we're doing? ")

Last edited by EricJ; 12-17-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #579
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2007
Staffordshite, UK

think am going to see this again tomorrow night
Old 12-22-2013, 09:10 AM   #580
Suspended

Nov 2009
Hong Kong

Excellent movie! 5 out of 5!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Tags
2013, disney, frozen, queen, snow