Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
My Mental Choices Are Completely Interfering with My School Romantic Comedy: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$42.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
The Hunt (Blu-ray)
$11.49
Planet of the Vampires (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Old School (Blu-ray)
$5.20
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Lifeforce (Blu-ray)
$14.59
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet

Old 01-17-2014, 05:56 PM   #1

Mar 2010
Default Problems with uvvu.com (Ultraviolet)

Is anyone else having similar problems?

First, when I try to link my Barnes and Noble account with ultraviolet, I get the following response...

"You have switched back and forth too many times between two streaming services. Please try again later."

I just keep getting the run around, uvvu.com says they escalated the case and sent it to Barnes and Noble, but I never hear anything back.

Also, my account seems to be messed up. I get some movies showing multiple copies, and other's not being shown at all. On this one they keep closing the case saying it's solved but it still persists. I tell ya, I beginning to think there is no hope. Seems if you have a problem with uvvu.com, they don't care to spent any effort to resolve it.

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg
Old 01-18-2014, 03:10 AM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
Media Section
-
-

Yeah, I have the same problems with uvvu.com. Multiple entries, missing entries, things disappearing when I try to change the viewing format. The site has been like that for at least a year and as long as things are working on the back end (ie. the movies are showing up on Vudu and transferring to Flixster) I avoid that site.

As for Barnes & Noble, that company is a mess and appears to be trying to get out of the digital business. Unfortunately, I'm not surprised that you're not hearing back from them.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:36 AM   #3
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Metropolis

It's the same way with my UV account on that site. It becomes worthless once your collection exceeds a certain size.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:22 AM   #4

Dec 2010
NYC
Send a message via Yahoo to theguru14

I have the same problem as well. I have about 15 dupes of every movie I own.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:21 PM   #5

Dec 2008

I'm having problems with Barnes and noble as well. I liked my UV account to BN and on the Nook Video app for android, and all of my movies show up (even the ones that cannot be played, which is a surprisingly large number). When I got my Nook Hd a couple weeks ago, I set it up with my BN account and none of my movies would show in my library, even though the device is activated for video. All off my customer service dealings with BN resulted in "it's UV's fault, try unlinking and relinking" and that's it. I can't get my UV account to unlink from BN because the only way to do it is on uvvu.com and I haven't been able to edit any from the member details page in almost a year (change email/password, edit linked services, delete member, etc.). I truly hope that for most people that their first experiences with UV isn't with BN as the retailer because they seem to be the absolute worst. The only reason I continue to put in an effort is because I'm trying to watch movies in HD on the Nook HD. Think you'd be able to do that, right?
Old 01-18-2014, 09:44 PM   #6

Mar 2010

I have given up trying to get anywhere with B&N or Uvvu, I decided to spend some time trying to figure it out myself. This is what I found.

My Uvvu account was linked to my Smart TV, and my Xbox360. You are the only allowed to link to two devices, and linking to the Nook is categorized as a device. I removed my link to the TV, and I was finally able to link my account to the Nook' library.

I understand that B&N is only allowed to play certain movies because of all the stupid licensing crap, but I do wish they organized the library a little better, maybe allowing me to hide those unsupported movies and TV shows, rather than having to do it manually in the user settings.

I was always able to play UV content via Flixster and Vudu, but the Nook videos stream and download in HD rather than SD from the other two. I see that Flixster now offers HD or SD when dowloading, but it has only work on a few of my movies.

So, for now it seems my problems with the Nook are fixed, the library is staying synced and I don't have to keep logging in all the time. Now my Uvvu library still shows a mess, but they say that they are aware of the problem, and hope to have it fixed soon.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > UltraViolet