COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Love Streams (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
All That Heaven Allows (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Operation Petticoat (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
The East (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Shame (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Ghostbusters Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$89.96
Elvis: That's the Way It Is (Blu-ray)
$19.59
The Essential Jacques Demy (Blu-ray)
$69.99
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Three Colors Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Qatsi Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Weekend (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Thalía: Viva Tour (Blu-ray)
$13.48
Jumanji (Blu-ray)
$7.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Old 01-20-2014, 08:42 PM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2008
Leek, Staffordshire
United Kingdom The Poseidon Adventure Steelbook (UK)

Release date: April 14th, 2014

http://www.play.com/stores/FoxDirect...7E4TV2TbD.Nosg

MIA on blu: Alfie (Original) The Pledge, Colors, Ryan's Daughter, Local Hero, A Matter Of Life and Death, A Man For All Seasons, Goodbye Mr Chips
MIA on blu in UK/region free: Kes, Human Traffic
Old 01-20-2014, 10:01 PM   #2
Power Member

Apr 2013
Staffordshire, UK

Interesting. Wouldn't have guessed at a SB for this one, although I applaud the release.

Picked up the US disc at the back end of last year, but may double-dip on this one.

OT - think I've probably found the fellow member who lives closest to me, we're up on Biddulph Moor.....
Pre-orders: The 'Burbs SB, The Rescuers SB, Pocahontas SB, The Fox and the Hound SB, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs SB, The Lion King SB, Sleeping Beauty SB, Gurren Lagann UE, Evangelion 3.33, Space Dandy CE
Old 01-20-2014, 11:35 PM   #3
Banned

May 2010
Columbia, MD

OMG, this looks amazing! Front, back, inside all look great! Day 1!
Old 01-20-2014, 11:50 PM   #4
Power Member

May 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
OMG, this looks amazing! Front, back, inside all look great! Day 1!
Is this exclusive to only Play.com? I hear they don't ship to US.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:52 PM   #5
Banned

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuggyBear73 View Post
Is this exclusive to only Play.com? I hear they don't ship to US.
I'm thinking this is part of a new Fox wave of steelbooks, along with:
Fantastic Four, X-Men: Last Stand and The Omen
Old 01-20-2014, 11:56 PM   #6
Power Member

May 2011

Quote:
I'm thinking this is part of a new Fox wave of steelbooks, along with:
Fantastic Four, X-Men: Last Stand and The Omen
So Amazon UK will get this, you think? I also want THE OMEN.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:57 PM   #7
Banned

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they will. I've order most of the last 2 Fox steelbook waves, so I'm looking forward to this one as well!

I would love to see a Towering Inferno steelbook using original artwork. It would make a great companion to this!
Old 01-21-2014, 01:13 AM   #8

May 2013
VA

A more bluish color would be more fitting.
St. Louis Rams and VT Hokies fan
Old 01-21-2014, 02:53 AM   #9
Power Member

May 2011

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they will. I've order most of the last 2 Fox steelbook waves, so I'm looking forward to this one as well!

I would love to see a Towering Inferno steelbook using original artwork. It would make a great companion to this!
Yeah, Towering Inferno would be nice too. As well as Patton (remastered) and Tora! Tora! Tora!.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:04 AM   #10
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
It's not s Plsy.com exclusive, Play went out of business last year so you won't get any more exclusives from them.

This new FOX wave will be retail wide so you will be able to get it from Amazon.
R.I.P Robin Williams 1951-2014

My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Pre-orders:Evangelion 3.33|Gurren Lagann: Ultimate Edition|Mai Mai Miracle|The Place Promised in Our Early Days|009 RE:CYBORG 3D CE|
PS4|PS3 12gb Slim(1TB SATA HDD)|LG 42LW650T 3D LED|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Bush BFSAT01HD Freesat HD Box.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:39 AM   #11
Special Member

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
This new FOX wave will be retail wide so you will be able to get it from Amazon.
I did wonder if this was going to be another ES type company selling exclusives so that's good to know
Panasonic TX-P55VT65B / Panasonic DMP-BDT500 Blu-ray Player / Denon 3310 with Audyssey / Monitor Audio RX8 (F) - Anthem PVA 2 / Monitor Audio GSLCR (C) / Monitor Audio Silver 1 (R) / Monitor Audio RX1 (RS) / SVS SB13 Ultra Subwoofer / Logitech Harmony 1100 Remote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:23 PM   #12
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011

Love this film, steel looks great. £18, not so great. Is this the same disc as in the US, isn't that old or is this new?
Pre-Orders: The Toxic Avenger, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, X-Men: Days of Future Past digibook, Nightbreed 3 disc , The 'Burbs - SB, Halloween - Complete Collection Deluxe set, The Exorcist - Complete Anthology collection Sabotage, Guardians of the Galaxy - Zavvi SB, Ghostbusters 2 - Zavvi SB
Old 01-21-2014, 02:58 PM   #13
Power Member

Apr 2013
Staffordshire, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu MacReady View Post
Love this film, steel looks great. £18, not so great. Is this the same disc as in the US, isn't that old or is this new?
The US disc came out in October 2012. It came out on Blu here a week or so ago. Assuming that it's the same as the US disc, then it's a very nice transfer. I watched it a few months ago, had no complaints at all on PQ or AQ.

The disc in this set will just be the disc that was recently released over here, but in a nice SB.

In terms of what else is on the disc, as in does it have the same extras as the US disc, no idea. Can't find anything that confirms that either way.
Pre-orders: The 'Burbs SB, The Rescuers SB, Pocahontas SB, The Fox and the Hound SB, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs SB, The Lion King SB, Sleeping Beauty SB, Gurren Lagann UE, Evangelion 3.33, Space Dandy CE
Old 01-21-2014, 03:12 PM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011

[QUOTE=CouncilSpectre;8689242]
[Show spoiler]The US disc came out in October 2012. It came out on Blu here a week or so ago. Assuming that it's the same as the US disc, then it's a very nice transfer. I watched it a few months ago, had no complaints at all on PQ or AQ.

The disc in this set will just be the disc that was recently released over here, but in a nice SB.

In terms of what else is on the disc, as in does it have the same extras as the US disc, no idea. Can't find anything that confirms that either way.[/
QUOTE]

Thanks, was thinking of the normal amaray and adding the 2 disc DVD SE discs to it, if it had no extras.... But I do like this SB...Just not £18
Pre-Orders: The Toxic Avenger, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, X-Men: Days of Future Past digibook, Nightbreed 3 disc , The 'Burbs - SB, Halloween - Complete Collection Deluxe set, The Exorcist - Complete Anthology collection Sabotage, Guardians of the Galaxy - Zavvi SB, Ghostbusters 2 - Zavvi SB
Old 01-21-2014, 03:19 PM   #15
Power Member

Apr 2013
Staffordshire, UK

If you get the extras then £18 isn't too bad - it's a good movie, and the extras on the US disc are worth a watch (from memory, there's one extra missing from those which was on the SE DVD).

I made the call to get the US disc late last year as it was cheap, and had extras, and I didn't see much reason to wait another couple of months to get a UK edition that may well not have had the extras anyway. Had I known at the time that there'd be a SB then I'd probably have waited and got that. Now, I'm not sure. I really like the look of it, but.....
Old 01-21-2014, 03:24 PM   #16
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouncilSpectre View Post
If you get the extras then £18 isn't too bad - it's a good movie, and the extras on the US disc are worth a watch (from memory, there's one extra missing from those which was on the SE DVD).

I made the call to get the US disc late last year as it was cheap, and had extras, and I didn't see much reason to wait another couple of months to get a UK edition that may well not have had the extras anyway. Had I known at the time that there'd be a SB then I'd probably have waited and got that. Now, I'm not sure. I really like the look of it, but.....
Yeah, this SB has sprung up from nowhere
Old 01-21-2014, 03:52 PM   #17
Power Member

Apr 2013
Staffordshire, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu MacReady View Post
Yeah, this SB has sprung up from nowhere
It really has, and as nashcameronn points out above, it really needs some blue on their IMO. I like it, but the lack of blue is a bit bizarre.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:30 PM   #18
Banned

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Amazon UK has a sign up page for all the Fox steelbooks, I'm assuming they will be available soon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00I04E270
Old 01-25-2014, 03:41 PM   #19
Banned

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Preorder is live on AmazonUK. Link above^^
Old 04-12-2014, 12:09 PM   #20
Banned

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Received my dispatch email from AmazonUK this morning, along with Fantastic Four. Was X-Men delayed? Thought that would ship as well.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks