COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best AIV Deals

Best AIV Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Batman: The Animated Series Volume 3 (AIV)$19.99
Batman: The Brave and the Bold: The Complete Third Season HD (AIV)$17.99 Batman: The Brave and the Bold: The Complete Third Season (AIV)$9.99 The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (AIV)$12.99 The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Fifth Season (AIV)$19.99
Batman Beyond Season 3 (AIV)$9.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Third Season HD (AIV)$19.99 Are You Here (AIV)$7.99 Monkey Trouble HD (AIV)$14.99 Nip/Tuck: The Complete Sixth Season HD (AIV)$19.99 The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Sixth Season HD (AIV)$24.99
Diary of a Serial Killer (AIV)$7.99 The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Fourth Season HD (AIV)$19.99 Seven Psychopaths HD (AIV)$7.99 The First Time (AIV)$9.99 It's Kind of a Funny Story HD (AIV)$9.99 Nip/Tuck: The Complete Second Season (AIV)$24.99 The Bourne Supremacy HD (AIV)$9.99
Alphaville (AIV)$6.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 01-20-2014, 06:58 PM   #1241
Special Member

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmod20061 View Post
I don't think he stole it. I think he bought it from someone who stole it and did not realize they now need to be activated first now. That was what I was trying to say in my post. Probably from someone who sold stolen codes from before they needed activating and thought he could keep selling them for cheap through ebay or something similar. My guess is they are probably dealing with a lot of these situations and that's why they needed his receipt.
I understood what you meant - but i am sure some people are trying this to see if they can get away with it i.e. stealing the card then telling vudu it was activated but i lost my receipt i am sure it happens BUT when i preorder anything i save that dam thing like my life depended on it for that very reason.
WANT LIST:

Freezer HDX UV
The 100 HDX UV 9/23
Old 01-20-2014, 07:03 PM   #1242
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009

so far luckily, the ones i have bought from people, haven't had that problem, and I hope they continue to be that way
since if it ever happened to not work then I assume it would be hard to prove and get the money back from the seller i bought it from
listen kid there are two things you don't know about the earth
one is me and the 2nd is Godzilla
Godzilla final wars
Old 01-21-2014, 03:13 AM   #1243
Expert Member

Feb 2012
U.S.S. Enterprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmod20061 View Post
I don't think he stole it. I think he bought it from someone who stole it and did not realize they now need to be activated first now. That was what I was trying to say in my post. Probably from someone who sold stolen codes from before they needed activating and thought he could keep selling them for cheap through ebay or something similar. My guess is they are probably dealing with a lot of these situations and that's why they needed his receipt.
That makes total sense. I just didn't read it closely enough the first time I guess. If the guy bought it from somebody else, he should hit up PP to get his money back. Hopefully they will at least make it right for him. That would actually be better for him than if he bought it himself and just failed to keep the receipt.

Most people probably don't keep the receipts for movies, music ad stuff like that unless they interact with vudu enough to know that somewhere along the way there will be some code that vudu has messed up out of the gate and therefore all the photos will be required.
My For Sale/For Trade Thread: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=195194
Old 01-21-2014, 03:15 AM   #1244
Expert Member

Feb 2012
U.S.S. Enterprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakersislife View Post
hmm, i was thinking all of the walmart preorders were no having to be activated at the register, is it still just some of them? ive purchased a few on ebay recently and they redeemed with no issue, im guessing then that in the future all of the preorders will be like that but for now only the more popular ones are?
I'm doing this from memory, so maybe not the complete list but here are the ones I can remember that require activation at the register: Hunger Games Catching Fire, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, Ender's Game, Anchorman 2 and probably others that I can't think of at this minute.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:34 AM   #1245

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlickFab View Post
I'm doing this from memory, so maybe not the complete list but here are the ones I can remember that require activation at the register: Hunger Games Catching Fire, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, Ender's Game, Anchorman 2 and probably others that I can't think of at this minute.
Anchorman says it needs activation, but it has a regular UPC code...
Old 01-21-2014, 04:06 AM   #1246
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlickFab View Post
Interesting enough, The Butler had two preorder cards, one was the regular way with the code inside and the other need to be activated. I thought it was funny seeing them both next two each other. I believe they are still, but haven't been to Walmart the past few days.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:35 AM   #1247
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009

also the butler has a streaming only card, where u get the movie only on vudu and no copy shipped to you
Godzilla final wars
Old 01-21-2014, 11:04 PM   #1248

Dec 2008
Jersey Shore

Hey guys
I have a question for you all.
I picked up the pre order for lone survivor and I am having trouble even going to the website. It has listed vudu.com/presell/lonesurvivor listed. But it's coming up as not the correct site. Any one have this problem

Thanks all
Vincent Antonelli: Arugula. I haven't had arugula in six weeks.
Supermarket Manager: What's that?
Vincent Antonelli: It's a vegetable.

Last edited by mj3b; 01-21-2014 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Bad grammar
Old 01-21-2014, 11:06 PM   #1249
Special Member

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj3b View Post
Hey guys
I have a question for you all.
I picked up the pre order for lone survivor and I am having trouble even going to the website. It has listed vudu.com/presell/lonesurvivor listed. But it's coming up as not the correct site. Any one have this problem

Thanks all
should be vudu.com/preorder/lonesurvivor
WANT LIST:

Freezer HDX UV
The 100 HDX UV 9/23
Old 01-21-2014, 11:23 PM   #1250

Dec 2008
Jersey Shore

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexy25 View Post
should be vudu.com/preorder/lonesurvivor
Thanks that worked. Not sure why the had presell in there but I appreciate it
Vincent Antonelli: Arugula. I haven't had arugula in six weeks.
Supermarket Manager: What's that?
Vincent Antonelli: It's a vegetable.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:43 AM   #1251

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj3b View Post
Thanks that worked. Not sure why the had presell in there but I appreciate it
Printing error mine was the sale. Every preorder I've done had preorder, not presell.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:44 AM   #1252

Aug 2013

Ender's Game

Can anyone help me out on this one. Can't find one ANYWHERE.

Thank you.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:44 AM   #1253
Expert Member

Feb 2012
U.S.S. Enterprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad07 View Post
Ender's Game

Can anyone help me out on this one. Can't find one ANYWHERE.

Thank you.
My store had some a week or so ago, message me if you need me to pick it up for you (assuming my store still has it).
Old 01-23-2014, 04:49 PM   #1254
Special Member

Jan 2014

Just trying to understand this, why do people purchase a 'pre-order'? Is it because of 'extra' content you get with that you wouldn't get after the movie is released? And why would people buy pre-order from somewhere like Ebay instead of walking into a Walmart and purchasing it at face value?
Old 01-23-2014, 04:52 PM   #1255
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009

well sometimes the ebay price is a lot cheaper, and then when the movie comes out, you get the cheaper copy mailed to you
like for instance i would rather pay 12 or 13 for a real pre order copy on ebay then 20 to 22 for the same copy in walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbloggs View Post
Just trying to understand this, why do people purchase a 'pre-order'? Is it because of 'extra' content you get with that you wouldn't get after the movie is released? And why would people buy pre-order from somewhere like Ebay instead of walking into a Walmart and purchasing it at face value?
Godzilla final wars
Old 01-23-2014, 05:08 PM   #1256
Special Member

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr7936 View Post
well sometimes the ebay price is a lot cheaper, and then when the movie comes out, you get the cheaper copy mailed to you
like for instance i would rather pay 12 or 13 for a real pre order copy on ebay then 20 to 22 for the same copy in walmart
Oh I see, so the seller, for whatever reason, is selling it at a loss. So for people buying at Walmrt are doing so for the exclusive presell content, surely it can't be because they think it won't be available on the shelves due to selling out.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:19 PM   #1257
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009

yes we are buying them since sometimes the price of the movies preordered can be less then when you buy them in store on release date. also being able to stream the movie early as well is nice
Godzilla final wars
Old 01-23-2014, 10:28 PM   #1258

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr7936 View Post
also some people like to trade away the digital copy or UV code that comes with the packaging, by preordering i am given a copy instantly added to my account, and then can trade away the copy that comes with the physical bluray for something else.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:34 PM   #1259
Special Member

Oct 2010
New England, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbloggs View Post
There were quite a few answers to you the last time you asked this also: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1210

Did you specific rebuttals or clarifications you wanted to the answers given you last week?
Now running in 3D with the LG Cinema 3D (nominally showing 3D in 1080i per eye) 47LW6500 (up-or-down-or-side-graded from a 50" Sammy 3D Plasma) and a Benq W1080ST and a 130" screen.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:29 PM   #1260
Expert Member

Feb 2012
U.S.S. Enterprise

Cloudy 2 arrived - loving the lunchbox! (and the fact that it is early like they used to be!)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies