Best AIV Deals

Best AIV Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Essential Killing (AIV)$6.99
Essential Killing (AIV)$9.99
The Nutty Professor II: The Klumps HD (AIV)$9.99 Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days (AIV)$7.99 Beneath Clouds (AIV)$9.99
Whispers In The Dark HD (AIV)$14.99
The Greatest Story Ever Told (AIV)$4.99
Twilight (AIV)$5.00
Ella Enchanted (AIV)$6.99 Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (AIV)$4.99 Nicholas Nickleby (AIV)$4.99 Wedding Crashers (AIV)$6.99 The Black Stallion (AIV)$4.99 Law Abiding Citizen (AIV)$5.00
Chris Rock: Bigger and Blacker (AIV)$7.99
Django Unchained (AIV)$9.99
The Adventures Of Shark Boy And Lava Girl (AIV)$6.99
The Karate Kid (AIV)$6.99
George Carlin: Playin With Your Head (AIV)$5.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2014, 05:47 PM   #1241
FlickFab FlickFab is offline
Expert Member
 
Feb 2012
U.S.S. Enterprise
305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmod20061 View Post
Someone on the Vudu forum was trying to get help from the Mods there in redeeming a Catching Fire code but he could not provide a receipt so they wouldn't help him. I don't think he stole the code but he probably bought it from someone similar to this Anchorman seller.

I've gone to my local Walmart and found empty cases in the cheap DVD bins before. For some people if they can steal them rather than paying the $3 sale price they will. I've even found empty cases at the Dollar Tree. Seriously? Pay the $1.
There is no way to steal the catching fire codes and most of the other ones because they have to be activated at the register. Poor guy probably just didn't keep his receipt. I never kept mine until I had an issue with Epic redeeming on vudu, but then giving an error message before the process finished which kept it from adding to my account. It was a huge hassle to get it fixed and ever since then, I put the receipt with the package and stick it in a closet until the movie arrives in the mail.

My store has had the little anti-theft strip sensor things attached to all of the recent ones that don't require activation at the register. I would think that theft would be pretty much eliminated at this point between the activation at the register for most and the anti-theft sensor things for the remainder.

Now the real question is will those changes eliminate the problem with the physical copy of the movies arrive late or not....hopefully so!
My For Sale/For Trade Thread: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=195194
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:21 PM   #1242
sneakersislife sneakersislife is offline
Active Member
 
sneakersislife's Avatar
 
Dec 2012
329
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlickFab View Post
There is no way to steal the catching fire codes and most of the other ones because they have to be activated at the register. Poor guy probably just didn't keep his receipt. I never kept mine until I had an issue with Epic redeeming on vudu, but then giving an error message before the process finished which kept it from adding to my account. It was a huge hassle to get it fixed and ever since then, I put the receipt with the package and stick it in a closet until the movie arrives in the mail.

My store has had the little anti-theft strip sensor things attached to all of the recent ones that don't require activation at the register. I would think that theft would be pretty much eliminated at this point between the activation at the register for most and the anti-theft sensor things for the remainder.

Now the real question is will those changes eliminate the problem with the physical copy of the movies arrive late or not....hopefully so!
hmm, i was thinking all of the walmart preorders were no having to be activated at the register, is it still just some of them? ive purchased a few on ebay recently and they redeemed with no issue, im guessing then that in the future all of the preorders will be like that but for now only the more popular ones are?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:42 PM   #1243
madmod20061 madmod20061 is offline
Senior Member
 
Jan 2012
106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlickFab View Post
There is no way to steal the catching fire codes and most of the other ones because they have to be activated at the register. Poor guy probably just didn't keep his receipt. I never kept mine until I had an issue with Epic redeeming on vudu, but then giving an error message before the process finished which kept it from adding to my account. It was a huge hassle to get it fixed and ever since then, I put the receipt with the package and stick it in a closet until the movie arrives in the mail.

My store has had the little anti-theft strip sensor things attached to all of the recent ones that don't require activation at the register. I would think that theft would be pretty much eliminated at this point between the activation at the register for most and the anti-theft sensor things for the remainder.

Now the real question is will those changes eliminate the problem with the physical copy of the movies arrive late or not....hopefully so!
I don't think he stole it. I think he bought it from someone who stole it and did not realize they now need to be activated first now. That was what I was trying to say in my post. Probably from someone who sold stolen codes from before they needed activating and thought he could keep selling them for cheap through ebay or something similar. My guess is they are probably dealing with a lot of these situations and that's why they needed his receipt.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:58 PM   #1244
alexy25 alexy25 is offline
Senior Member
 
alexy25's Avatar
 
Sep 2013
144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmod20061 View Post
I don't think he stole it. I think he bought it from someone who stole it and did not realize they now need to be activated first now. That was what I was trying to say in my post. Probably from someone who sold stolen codes from before they needed activating and thought he could keep selling them for cheap through ebay or something similar. My guess is they are probably dealing with a lot of these situations and that's why they needed his receipt.
I understood what you meant - but i am sure some people are trying this to see if they can get away with it i.e. stealing the card then telling vudu it was activated but i lost my receipt i am sure it happens BUT when i preorder anything i save that dam thing like my life depended on it for that very reason.
WANT LIST:

Kill your Darlings UV HDX
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:03 PM   #1245
Jr7936 Jr7936 is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jr7936's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
615
107
138
Default

so far luckily, the ones i have bought from people, haven't had that problem, and I hope they continue to be that way
since if it ever happened to not work then I assume it would be hard to prove and get the money back from the seller i bought it from
cockney vs zombies - imo one of the best films of 2013
omg you don't mess with the senior citizens
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:13 AM   #1246
FlickFab FlickFab is offline
Expert Member
 
Feb 2012
U.S.S. Enterprise
305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmod20061 View Post
I don't think he stole it. I think he bought it from someone who stole it and did not realize they now need to be activated first now. That was what I was trying to say in my post. Probably from someone who sold stolen codes from before they needed activating and thought he could keep selling them for cheap through ebay or something similar. My guess is they are probably dealing with a lot of these situations and that's why they needed his receipt.
That makes total sense. I just didn't read it closely enough the first time I guess. If the guy bought it from somebody else, he should hit up PP to get his money back. Hopefully they will at least make it right for him. That would actually be better for him than if he bought it himself and just failed to keep the receipt.

Most people probably don't keep the receipts for movies, music ad stuff like that unless they interact with vudu enough to know that somewhere along the way there will be some code that vudu has messed up out of the gate and therefore all the photos will be required.
My For Sale/For Trade Thread: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=195194
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:15 AM   #1247
FlickFab FlickFab is offline
Expert Member
 
Feb 2012
U.S.S. Enterprise
305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakersislife View Post
hmm, i was thinking all of the walmart preorders were no having to be activated at the register, is it still just some of them? ive purchased a few on ebay recently and they redeemed with no issue, im guessing then that in the future all of the preorders will be like that but for now only the more popular ones are?
I'm doing this from memory, so maybe not the complete list but here are the ones I can remember that require activation at the register: Hunger Games Catching Fire, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, Ender's Game, Anchorman 2 and probably others that I can't think of at this minute.
My For Sale/For Trade Thread: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=195194
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:34 AM   #1248
darylfoot darylfoot is offline
Senior Member
 
darylfoot's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
206
34
80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlickFab View Post
I'm doing this from memory, so maybe not the complete list but here are the ones I can remember that require activation at the register: Hunger Games Catching Fire, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, Ender's Game, Anchorman 2 and probably others that I can't think of at this minute.
Anchorman says it needs activation, but it has a regular UPC code...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:06 AM   #1249
unsung122212 unsung122212 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Dec 2012
479
97
61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlickFab View Post
I'm doing this from memory, so maybe not the complete list but here are the ones I can remember that require activation at the register: Hunger Games Catching Fire, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, Ender's Game, Anchorman 2 and probably others that I can't think of at this minute.
Interesting enough, The Butler had two preorder cards, one was the regular way with the code inside and the other need to be activated. I thought it was funny seeing them both next two each other. I believe they are still, but haven't been to Walmart the past few days.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:35 AM   #1250
Jr7936 Jr7936 is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jr7936's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
615
107
138
Default

also the butler has a streaming only card, where u get the movie only on vudu and no copy shipped to you
cockney vs zombies - imo one of the best films of 2013
omg you don't mess with the senior citizens
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:04 PM   #1251
mj3b mj3b is offline
Active Member
 
mj3b's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Jersey Shore
382
39
Default

Hey guys
I have a question for you all.
I picked up the pre order for lone survivor and I am having trouble even going to the website. It has listed vudu.com/presell/lonesurvivor listed. But it's coming up as not the correct site. Any one have this problem

Thanks all
Vincent Antonelli: Arugula. I haven't had arugula in six weeks.
Supermarket Manager: What's that?
Vincent Antonelli: It's a vegetable.

Last edited by mj3b; 01-21-2014 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Bad grammar
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:06 PM   #1252
alexy25 alexy25 is offline
Senior Member
 
alexy25's Avatar
 
Sep 2013
144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj3b View Post
Hey guys
I have a question for you all.
I picked up the pre order for lone survivor and I am having trouble even going to the website. It has listed vudu.com/presell/lonesurvivor listed. But it's coming up as not the correct site. Any one have this problem

Thanks all
should be vudu.com/preorder/lonesurvivor
WANT LIST:

Kill your Darlings UV HDX
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:23 PM   #1253
mj3b mj3b is offline
Active Member
 
mj3b's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Jersey Shore
382
39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexy25 View Post
should be vudu.com/preorder/lonesurvivor
Thanks that worked. Not sure why the had presell in there but I appreciate it
Vincent Antonelli: Arugula. I haven't had arugula in six weeks.
Supermarket Manager: What's that?
Vincent Antonelli: It's a vegetable.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:43 AM   #1254
nomad07 nomad07 is offline
Junior Member
 
Aug 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj3b View Post
Thanks that worked. Not sure why the had presell in there but I appreciate it
Printing error mine was the sale. Every preorder I've done had preorder, not presell.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:44 AM   #1255
nomad07 nomad07 is offline
Junior Member
 
Aug 2013
Default

Ender's Game

Can anyone help me out on this one. Can't find one ANYWHERE.

Thank you.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:44 AM   #1256
FlickFab FlickFab is offline
Expert Member
 
Feb 2012
U.S.S. Enterprise
305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad07 View Post
Ender's Game

Can anyone help me out on this one. Can't find one ANYWHERE.

Thank you.
My store had some a week or so ago, message me if you need me to pick it up for you (assuming my store still has it).
My For Sale/For Trade Thread: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=195194
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:49 PM   #1257
jbloggs jbloggs is online now
Senior Member
 
jbloggs's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
171
Default

Just trying to understand this, why do people purchase a 'pre-order'? Is it because of 'extra' content you get with that you wouldn't get after the movie is released? And why would people buy pre-order from somewhere like Ebay instead of walking into a Walmart and purchasing it at face value?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:52 PM   #1258
Jr7936 Jr7936 is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jr7936's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
615
107
138
Default

well sometimes the ebay price is a lot cheaper, and then when the movie comes out, you get the cheaper copy mailed to you
like for instance i would rather pay 12 or 13 for a real pre order copy on ebay then 20 to 22 for the same copy in walmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbloggs View Post
Just trying to understand this, why do people purchase a 'pre-order'? Is it because of 'extra' content you get with that you wouldn't get after the movie is released? And why would people buy pre-order from somewhere like Ebay instead of walking into a Walmart and purchasing it at face value?
cockney vs zombies - imo one of the best films of 2013
omg you don't mess with the senior citizens
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:08 PM   #1259
jbloggs jbloggs is online now
Senior Member
 
jbloggs's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr7936 View Post
well sometimes the ebay price is a lot cheaper, and then when the movie comes out, you get the cheaper copy mailed to you
like for instance i would rather pay 12 or 13 for a real pre order copy on ebay then 20 to 22 for the same copy in walmart
Oh I see, so the seller, for whatever reason, is selling it at a loss. So for people buying at Walmrt are doing so for the exclusive presell content, surely it can't be because they think it won't be available on the shelves due to selling out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:19 PM   #1260
Jr7936 Jr7936 is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jr7936's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
615
107
138
Default

yes we are buying them since sometimes the price of the movies preordered can be less then when you buy them in store on release date. also being able to stream the movie early as well is nice
cockney vs zombies - imo one of the best films of 2013
omg you don't mess with the senior citizens
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:47 PM.