Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.98
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Game of Thrones - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Oblivion (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Tim Burton Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.49
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.94
Dragon Ball Z: Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Neighbors (Blu-ray)
$16.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 10-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #1

Mar 2008
United Kingdom Hell Comes to Frogtown (27th Jan 2014) - Arrow

Quote:
-High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation
-Grappling with Green Gargantuans: Wrestling icon "Rowdy" Roddy Piper speaks about his leading man turn in Hell Comes to Frogtown
-Amphibian Armageddon: Actor Brian Frank remembers his role as Commander Toty
-Creature Feature Creator: Effects wizard Steve Wang reveals the secrets behind Hell Comes to Frogtown's mutant manifestations
-Reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned artwork by Jeff Zornow
-Original Trailer
-Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by author and critic Calum Waddell
<<<<Also have 7500+ dvds not added to my collection. Decided it was a losing battle. Also have several hundred blu-rays to add but only adding when watched as a rule of thumb.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #2

Sep 2010
Norway

Cool! Roddy Piper,Sandahl Bergman and a bunch of frogs! This is a must have blu-ray!
Old 10-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Looks like they're not porting the Jackson/Frakes commentary.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:35 AM   #4

Apr 2013

This looks amazing!
Old 12-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #5

Sep 2011

No chance this will be region free. I want this
Old 01-06-2014, 02:01 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009

The final specs for HELL COMES TO FROGTOWN are in! This one is limited to 1000 copies so grab your copy here: http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/shop/ind...product_id=269

SPECIAL FEATURES:
-Limited Edition Blu-ray [1000 copies]
-Original uncompressed stereo 2.0 PCM audio
-Grappling with Green Gargantuans: Wrestling icon "Rowdy" Roddy Piper speaks about his leading man turn in Hell Comes to Frogtown
-Creature Feature Creator: Effects wizard Steve Wang reveals the secrets behind Hell Comes to Frogtown's mutant manifestations
-Extended Scene
-Original Trailer
-Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Jeff Zornow
-Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by author and critic Calum Waddell

Region: B/2
Rating: 15
Cat No: FCD849
Duration: 87 mins
Language: English
Subtitles: None
Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
Audio: 2.0 PCM
Colour: Colour
Nintendo Network ID/Steam ID: josuv22
Old 01-06-2014, 02:51 PM   #7
Suspended

Dec 2011

No idea this was limited to 1000 copies. Are they trying to outdo Twilight Time???
Wasn't going to upgrade my R1 DVD for a while thinking of the usual Arrow price drop once my copy arrives (not bitter) but I may have to rethink
Old 01-06-2014, 03:00 PM   #8
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by josuv22 View Post
The final specs for HELL COMES TO FROGTOWN are in! This one is limited to 1000 copies so grab your copy here: http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/shop/ind...product_id=269

SPECIAL FEATURES:
-Limited Edition Blu-ray [1000 copies]
-Original uncompressed stereo 2.0 PCM audio
-Extended Scene
-Original Trailer
-Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Jeff Zornow

Region: B/2
Rating: 15
Cat No: FCD849
Duration: 87 mins
Language: English
Subtitles: None
Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
Audio: 2.0 PCM
Colour: Colour
Really? This is only limited to 1000 copies? I have my Amazon order in, I wonder why it is so limited?
"Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"

- Conan the Barbarian
Old 01-06-2014, 04:20 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu MacReady View Post
No idea this was limited to 1000 copies. Are they trying to outdo Twilight Time???
Wasn't going to upgrade my R1 DVD for a while thinking of the usual Arrow price drop once my copy arrives (not bitter) but I may have to rethink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill_Be_Back View Post
Really? This is only limited to 1000 copies? I have my Amazon order in, I wonder why it is so limited?
This is why:

Quote:
Hi guys, there won't be English subtitles for this release or Hellgate. Due to the limited demand for both were initially planned as ArrowDrome titles but as HD Masters became available they were bumped up to Arrow Video Blu-rays for a 1000 unit limited run but we could not justify the expense of adding subtitles, which we do for all Blu-ray releases usually. Faced with the choice of releasing these as Blu-rays with extras rather than DVDs with no extras we favoured the former, but that came at the cost of being able to add SDH subtitles, which would not normally be a feature of our much more niche ArrowDrome titles. This is very much a one-off situation and we can guarantee that all planned Arrow Video and Academy Blu-ray releases will contain feature English SDH subtitles where appropriate.

Current favorite: 37°2 le matin (Director's Cut) *****
Old 01-06-2014, 05:27 PM   #10
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrugerIndustrial View Post
This is why:
OK, thanks. I was going to wait for a price drop but might as well keep my pre order now.
"Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"

- Conan the Barbarian
Old 01-10-2014, 11:30 AM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2012
London
-

i vaguely remember seeing bits of this a long time back so basically a blind buy
Old 01-17-2014, 09:08 AM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2012
London
-

mine turned up yesterday not had time to watch it, just checked out pQ quality ..looks pretty good!
Old 01-17-2014, 11:50 AM   #13
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadelf View Post
mine turned up yesterday not had time to watch it, just checked out pQ quality ..looks pretty good!
Sounds promising mine was posted on Wednesday, hoping for it to turn up tomorrow.

- Conan the Barbarian
Old 02-03-2014, 05:34 PM   #14
Banned

Dec 2013
The Forbidden Zone

Who else pre-ordered Hell Comes To Frogtown? I did. At amazon.co.uk it is currently sold out, it states "usually dispatched in 1 to 4 weeks". Glad I pre-ordered! I was concerned and so I chatted with amazon.co.uk and multiple people confirmed that mine will still ship today as I pre-ordered. They said my 2 copies have been allocated. Can't wait!

BTW... Why did some people get this early? Also, Why did amazon.co.uk's release date change from Jan 27 to Feb 3?

Last edited by franken_psycho1990; 02-03-2014 at 06:16 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:39 PM   #15
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by franken_psycho1990 View Post
Who else pre-ordered Hell Comes To Frogtown? I did. At amazon.co.uk it is currently sold out, it states "usually dispatched in 1 to 4 weeks". Glad I pre-ordered! I was concerned and so I chatted with amazon.co.uk and multiple people confirmed that mine will still ship today as I pre-ordered. They said my 2 copies have been allocated. Can't wait!

BTW... Why did some people get this early? Also, Why did amazon.co.uk's release date change from Jan 27 to Feb 3?
If you ordered directly from Arrow they tend to ship out titles sometimes 2-3 weeks early.
Three pitchers of beer & you still can't ask?
Old 02-03-2014, 06:40 PM   #16

Oct 2012
Glasgow, Scotland

Do people really need more than 1 copy?
Old 02-03-2014, 09:04 PM   #17
Banned

Dec 2013
The Forbidden Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybeats View Post
Do people really need more than 1 copy?
Considering it is limited to only 1000 copies, Yes. Back-up or something like selling later. My case, Back-up.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:59 PM   #18

Feb 2013
Essex, UK
United Kingdom

Just bought this from arrow yesterday.

I've never seen the film but is sounds absolutely ridiculous, how could I not buy it!

Old 02-06-2014, 11:45 AM   #19
Suspended

Dec 2011

Ten minutes in so far so good. Was that woman on the broadcast in Greese? And of all the cars, a pink Morris!?!? Low budget and acting around him so poor, Roddy Piper is looking Oscar standard so far. Looking forward to the next 80 minutes. This it's reminding me of Escape from NY.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:12 PM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010
Sheffield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu MacReady View Post
This it's reminding me of Escape from NY.
When watching it the other day I remarked that Piper came across like a cross between Kurt Russell and Robin Askwith (star of smutty 70s British "comedies" such as Confessions Of A Window Cleaner).
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland