COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Source Code (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Oldboy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Smurfs 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Los Angeles Kings: 2014 Stanley Cup Champions (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Leviathan (Blu-ray)
$15.89
Cuban Fury (Blu-ray)
$16.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$74.35
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Last Vegas (Blu-ray)
$9.99
God's Not Dead (Blu-ray)
$17.29
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Big Chill (Blu-ray)
$27.59
Old 10-25-2013, 06:14 PM   #961
Red Pill 101 Red Pill 101 is offline
Senior Member
 
Red Pill 101's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
PA
35
671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcdrek View Post
If it's any consolation, the Total Recall bd plays back w/audio dropouts on practically everything. I've got an s570, and I've also played it with an oppo and a ps3--it drops out on all of them. The only thing you can do is buy the "remastered in 4k" version, as sony's only fix for this original version is to tell the consumer to select PCM instead of bitstream in the audio options of whatever bd player you're using.

In any case, update or not, I've been very pleased with the s570. After all these years, it still has very fast disc loading capability.
Oh yes, I agree! Aside from Total Recall, I've had no issues with anything--ever! It's a great player and a FAST player. My beef is with Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and their very poor handling of this disc. TR problem aside, I've been wanting a player for my bedroom that can stream Amazon flicks, so the 570 is going there and I've ordered an S5100 as my main. I'm actually pretty happy to see Sony still supporting the 570!
My Movie Collection
My 'gear':
Sony 52" KDL-52W4100
Sony BDP-S5100
Sony DVPNS700H
Sony STR-DA2400ES
Onkyo SKS-HT750
Premier Acoustics PA-120
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:59 AM   #962
Cplhicks Cplhicks is offline
Special Member
 
Cplhicks's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
598
863
2
Default

Saw the update, couldn't believe it. Came here hoping someone had checked Total Recall. Disappointed because it's never going to be fixed... oh well. Nothing to see here...
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:56 AM   #963
fan4life fan4life is online now
Junior Member
 
fan4life's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
99
Default

Glad to know that u guys player still works. Mine just stop working like months ago and for the life of me i have no idea why. I purchase it September of last year and it works for like 6-7 months and just stop playing any sort of blu-rays or dvd.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:13 PM   #964
eiknarf eiknarf is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
eiknarf's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
341
15
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan4life View Post
Glad to know that u guys player still works. Mine just stop working like months ago and for the life of me i have no idea why. I purchase it September of last year and it works for like 6-7 months and just stop playing any sort of blu-rays or dvd.
where'd you buy it six months ago?
New or used?
Is this model still on shelves such as Best Buy?

I ask because I love this model.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:32 PM   #965
tommyboy81 tommyboy81 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
tommyboy81's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Savannah, GA
17
93
3
2
Send a message via MSN to tommyboy81 Send a message via Yahoo to tommyboy81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cplhicks View Post
Saw the update, couldn't believe it. Came here hoping someone had checked Total Recall. Disappointed because it's never going to be fixed... oh well. Nothing to see here...
lol. I have not tried Total Recall. Sold that. I did retry Star Trek: Into Darkness that I was having the same issues with and that was fixed. Well, for that first showing. Haven't tried Transformers. Had the same issue. Seems/ed that way with True HD movies
[Home Theater Setup

TV: Panasonic 50ST50 Plasma
Receiver: Denon 1712 *new*
Front Speakers: Polk Monitor 50's
Center: Polk CS10 *new*
Surrounds: Yamaha NX-220P
Sub: SVS SB-1000 *new*
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:41 PM   #966
Red Pill 101 Red Pill 101 is offline
Senior Member
 
Red Pill 101's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
PA
35
671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboy81 View Post
lol. I have not tried Total Recall. Sold that. I did retry Star Trek: Into Darkness that I was having the same issues with and that was fixed. Well, for that first showing. Haven't tried Transformers. Had the same issue. Seems/ed that way with True HD movies
Are you talking about Star Trek 1 or 2, and Transformers 3? I ask because all have Dolby TrueHD tracks. I actually never had trouble with those titles.

Not sure if it matters, but I've always had the BD Audio Mix setting set to 'off' and Audio DRC set to 'wide.'
My Movie Collection
My 'gear':
Sony 52" KDL-52W4100
Sony BDP-S5100
Sony DVPNS700H
Sony STR-DA2400ES
Onkyo SKS-HT750
Premier Acoustics PA-120
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:51 PM   #967
tommyboy81 tommyboy81 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
tommyboy81's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Savannah, GA
17
93
3
2
Send a message via MSN to tommyboy81 Send a message via Yahoo to tommyboy81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Pill 101 View Post
Are you talking about Star Trek 1 or 2, and Transformers 3? I ask because all have Dolby TrueHD tracks. I actually never had trouble with those titles.

Not sure if it matters, but I've always had the BD Audio Mix setting set to 'off' and Audio DRC set to 'wide.'
Same settings on mine

Star Trek 2 and Transformers 1.

With Into Darkness it started at the beginning when the natives saw the ship rising out of the water. Then happened again later on. It did it again the next time I watched it.

So when I tried it again after the update I watched really carefully for the slight slow motion of the picture that happens when the lag starts and it didn't happen once.
[Home Theater Setup

TV: Panasonic 50ST50 Plasma
Receiver: Denon 1712 *new*
Front Speakers: Polk Monitor 50's
Center: Polk CS10 *new*
Surrounds: Yamaha NX-220P
Sub: SVS SB-1000 *new*
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:35 PM   #968
fan4life fan4life is online now
Junior Member
 
fan4life's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
99
Default

Brought it from amazon new. I would think it is still on the shelves. It was just strange how is stops playing movies all of a sudden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiknarf View Post
where'd you buy it six months ago?
New or used?
Is this model still on shelves such as Best Buy?

I ask because I love this model.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:19 PM   #969
AcePuppy AcePuppy is offline
New Member
 
Dec 2012
Default

This firmware does not contain Cinavia either. I think this is the only mainstream Blu-ray player that still doesn't. Which is kind of odd especially coming from Sony.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:47 AM   #970
Red Pill 101 Red Pill 101 is offline
Senior Member
 
Red Pill 101's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
PA
35
671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcePuppy View Post
This firmware does not contain Cinavia either. I think this is the only mainstream Blu-ray player that still doesn't. Which is kind of odd especially coming from Sony.
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the 570 received the Cinavia firmware in an earlier firmware release, possibly from 2011 sometime is what I'm thinking. This latest update didn't add Cinavia because it's already there from a previous release (I think).

Then again, maybe you're right and the 570 doesn't have Cinavia--that would explain why the player has worked so well for so many people over the years.
My Movie Collection
My 'gear':
Sony 52" KDL-52W4100
Sony BDP-S5100
Sony DVPNS700H
Sony STR-DA2400ES
Onkyo SKS-HT750
Premier Acoustics PA-120
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #971
BIC BIC is offline
Member
 
Feb 2013
442
219
Default S570 occasionally crashes

While I have had my S570 for 2-3 years, I probably have only played one or two dozen Blu-ray disks so far. On a few different disks lately, movie has frozen and player locks up. I reboot disk and cannot duplicate freeze up at same spot. Once while trying to duplicate on an extra feature freeze, the feature kept freezing when I would try to fast forward to the spot of original freeze.

Any ideas on the problem? Thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #972
Tok Tok is offline
Special Member
 
Oct 2007
614
5
Default

My S470 would occasionally freeze for a few frames while watching 3D discs that had 7.1 TrueHD tracks.

My experience with Sony players is that the drives are prone to early failure especially if directly above heat generating devices.
4k... really? The law of diminishing returns is fully in sight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:38 PM   #973
BIC BIC is offline
Member
 
Feb 2013
442
219
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tok View Post
My S470 would occasionally freeze for a few frames while watching 3D discs that had 7.1 TrueHD tracks.

My experience with Sony players is that the drives are prone to early failure especially if directly above heat generating devices.
Doesn't sit on heat. Freeze is also permanent until re-booted. Thank you for your reply.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:09 AM   #974
AcePuppy AcePuppy is offline
New Member
 
Dec 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Pill 101 View Post
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the 570 received the Cinavia firmware in an earlier firmware release, possibly from 2011 sometime is what I'm thinking. This latest update didn't add Cinavia because it's already there from a previous release (I think).

Then again, maybe you're right and the 570 doesn't have Cinavia--that would explain why the player has worked so well for so many people over the years.
Trust me it doesn't have Cinavia.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:33 AM   #975
eiknarf eiknarf is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
eiknarf's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
341
15
1
Default

So when our 570s die, what's an equivalent new replacement?
Fast loading... solid... not top of the line, but not cheap?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:14 AM   #976
tommyboy81 tommyboy81 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
tommyboy81's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Savannah, GA
17
93
3
2
Send a message via MSN to tommyboy81 Send a message via Yahoo to tommyboy81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiknarf View Post
So when our 570s die, what's an equivalent new replacement?
Fast loading... solid... not top of the line, but not cheap?
I think the 5100
[Home Theater Setup

TV: Panasonic 50ST50 Plasma
Receiver: Denon 1712 *new*
Front Speakers: Polk Monitor 50's
Center: Polk CS10 *new*
Surrounds: Yamaha NX-220P
Sub: SVS SB-1000 *new*
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:52 AM   #977
eos eos is offline
New Member
 
Feb 2014
Default

Hi!

Which BD-R (RE) SL, DL media (Verbatim, TDK, Sony, Mediarange) is compatible with S570? Any experiences anyone?
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Sony BDP-S570 - Screen Goes Pink Blu-ray Players and Recorders riseagainst 4 11-04-2013 04:37 PM
Sony BDP-S570 questions... Blu-ray Players and Recorders SAP12690 97 08-05-2013 04:23 AM
Help with setting up Sony BDP-S570 Newbie Discussion Link 34 04-18-2011 09:08 PM
Sony BDP-S570 Super Audio CD Blu-ray Players and Recorders WarrenPS 11 10-28-2010 05:38 PM
Sony BDP-S570 available at BB NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! Blu-ray Players and Recorders Wingman1977 4 03-07-2010 08:18 AM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:29 AM.