Best Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.99
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$96.99
Treme: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
X-Men Collection (Blu-ray)
$60.58
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.99
Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D (Blu-ray)
$69.99
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$39.00
The Maze Runner (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 02-24-2014, 10:09 AM   #2221
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

I'm actually surprised we're getting Frozen next month despite how many showings it's still getting at theaters, and not even in discount theaters yet.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:03 AM   #2222

Jun 2011

It's official: everything is terrible.
For every laugh, there should be a tear. - Walt Disney
Old 02-24-2014, 11:44 AM   #2223
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Little Rock, AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poya View Post
[Show spoiler]

It's official: everything is terrible.
Please don't bring THAT up again. First, animation is never perfect. Second, if you see how fast Elsa's ponytail bounced over her arm early in that GIF, it's entirely possible it bounced back between frames later. Let it go...
BD players: PS3 Slim 250GB; Sherwood BDP-5004 (region-free); HP P7-1010 (w/ LG WH12LS38K, AMD HD 6570, Hanns-G HL227, Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers, TMT 6, PDVD 11)
A/V hardware: Vizio E3D320VX 3DTV; Sony HT-SS380; Vizio Co-Star (Google TV); Radiient HDMI switch; Nook HD; Galaxy Tab 3 Lite; Moto G; iPhone 3GS
-----------------
Avatar: Vivien Leigh's Gone with the Wind Oscar, my own photo taken in 2011 at Little Rock's Historic Arkansas Museum.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:06 PM   #2224

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by taei View Post
Ended up pre-ordering Frozen from walmart for a friend today and I got to keep the early Digital Copy

Wohoo!!
Wait, was this in store or online? I see nothing about getting early access to the digital copy on walmart.com and nothing saying that in store at my local Walmart. I even asked an employee (I know, dumb move) and I'm not even sure they knew what a digital copy was; there response was "I don't know nothing about that".

So, how did you get early access to the digital copy from Walmart?
Old 02-24-2014, 03:36 PM   #2225
Power Member

Jul 2012
ND, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTide1017 View Post
Wait, was this in store or online? I see nothing about getting early access to the digital copy on walmart.com and nothing saying that in store at my local Walmart. I even asked an employee (I know, dumb move) and I'm not even sure they knew what a digital copy was; there response was "I don't know nothing about that".

You only get the Digital Copy early purchase the Walmart/Vudu preorder card in store. You redeem the code inside on Vudu, enter your shipping information for the BD, and then view it on Vudu on 2/25.

Not sure there are many Walmarts with the preorder cards left. They are usually placed in the Entertainment section.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:45 PM   #2226

Sep 2011
Chicago-ish

http://www.nytimes.com/video/movies/...n-kingdom.html

Brief footage of Idina recording "Let It Go" at 1:50. How many Blu-rays until we get that in its entirety?
Please kindly voice your desire for a Frozen 3D Blu-ray!
Call or email WDSHE at www.disneystudioshelp.com/ContactUs
#OperationSnowfall
Old 02-24-2014, 06:05 PM   #2227

Oct 2009

I'm in a Walmart right now and it's not that they are saying they are out of the cards, they have no clue what I'm talking about. Even the manager had never heard of these pre-order cards. Maybe they don't do this in my city.

Edit: On my way out of the store I saw a sign advertising pre-orders for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. It even said "see pre-purchase card for details". The manager still had no idea what the sign was talking about, she concluded that it must be a card that comes inside the movie when it is released. Uh, no, it wouldn't be a pre-order then, would it. Oh well, I'll just keep my Amazon pre-order.

Last edited by RollTide1017; 02-24-2014 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:09 PM   #2228
Power Member

Jul 2012
ND, USA

Quote:
I'm in a Walmart right now and it's not that they are saying they are out of the cards, they have no clue what I'm talking about. Even the manager had never heard of these pre-order cards. Maybe they don't do this in my city.

Edit: On my way out of the store I saw a sign advertising pre-orders for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. It even said "see pre-purchase card for details". The manager still had no idea what the sign was talking about, she concluded that it must be a card that comes inside the movie when it is released. Uh, no, it wouldn't be a pre-order then, would it. Oh well, I'll just keep my Amazon pre-order.
Selection does vary by Walmart, and I'm sure since the cards were first available in November, they have been harder to come by as the movie got popular. I did still see them at a Walmart as least two weeks ago. Also, like Catching Fire they are labeled as prepurchase cards.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:41 PM   #2229
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Little Rock, AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneywildcat View Post
Selection does vary by Walmart, and I'm sure since the cards were first available in November, they have been harder to come by as the movie got popular. I did still see them at a Walmart as least two weeks ago. Also, like Catching Fire they are labeled as prepurchase cards.
+1. All the Walmarts in Little Rock proper have been out of them for weeks if not months; I considered myself lucky to find some in a suburban Walmart a couple of weeks ago. (Ironically, I didn't get it till after I had preordered the 3D from Amazon UK.) My Vudu account today says I can watch it in X hours, apparently at 2AM here (midnight PST). I should also get the BD in the mail around the 18th; I intend to redeem its DC+ code at Google Play so I'll have it in HD on my Nook HD (Vudu only streams to Androids in SD).

One other note: In addition to the Walmart/Vudu preorder (streaming tomorrow, BD on the 18th), you can also preorder it at Vudu as streaming only in 2D (HDX, HD or SD) or 3D. 2D streaming-only preorders will get the extras (Get a Horse!, etc.) in streaming tomorrow; for now it appears in-store preorders like me won't get the extras till we get the BD, and those who pay big bucks for the Vudu 3D won't get them at all.
BD players: PS3 Slim 250GB; Sherwood BDP-5004 (region-free); HP P7-1010 (w/ LG WH12LS38K, AMD HD 6570, Hanns-G HL227, Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers, TMT 6, PDVD 11)
A/V hardware: Vizio E3D320VX 3DTV; Sony HT-SS380; Vizio Co-Star (Google TV); Radiient HDMI switch; Nook HD; Galaxy Tab 3 Lite; Moto G; iPhone 3GS
-----------------
Avatar: Vivien Leigh's Gone with the Wind Oscar, my own photo taken in 2011 at Little Rock's Historic Arkansas Museum.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:35 AM   #2230
Special Member

Jul 2008
Phoenix, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panama Jack View Post
The problem with an all digital model is that internet providers are starting to set caps on how much broadband you can use
Sure, I'll agree to that, but closer to home I'll add the fact that it also means we don't own the films and they can disappear at any time, aka Disney films "going back into the vault" for real.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:38 AM   #2231
Special Member

May 2010
Colorado, USA

Quote:

I'm so sorry, I've been busy all day and I just got home

I actually did go to the store and the employees there knew nothing about it. They just kept telling me that since there's no date on the pre-order file, it'll just magically appear on my vudu account. Then I remembered asking the fellas here a few months ago and they told me that if I got it through walmart i'd get it a month early through the digital copy.

It is worth noting though and the Walmart copy ONLY comes with a vudu code. no iTunes.

This is the folder/file/envelope that I got. I got the last one in the store:
"In every age,
Family is king
and the bravest journeys,
are never taken alone."
-Brave.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:39 AM   #2232
Special Member

May 2010
Colorado, USA

was this ever posted here?
I don't remember

"In every age,
Family is king
are never taken alone."
-Brave.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:48 AM   #2233

Apr 2010
-
-

I'm sorry if this is too far off topic, but I think it belongs here because it adds to the mystery surrounding the bizarre way Disney is marketing Frozen in general. If you're into "Disney Infinity" (a video game platform for those that aren't familiar), have you noticed that it's now impossible to buy the "Frozen Toy Box Set" ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EC6VARA )? I've tried Amazon, Walmart, Target, every Toys 'r' Us in a 50 mile radius, etc. Nope- it's nowhere. People are selling them on ebay for $60 or more. What's the deal, Disney?
Old 02-25-2014, 12:51 AM   #2234
Expert Member

Apr 2011
The hurricane state

Quote:
Originally Posted by taei View Post
was this ever posted here?
I don't remember

...THAT'S Best Buy's exclusive?

Well, Target, there I'll come.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:47 AM   #2235
Special Member

May 2010
Colorado, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperC142 View Post
I'm sorry if this is too far off topic, but I think it belongs here because it adds to the mystery surrounding the bizarre way Disney is marketing Frozen in general. If you're into "Disney Infinity" (a video game platform for those that aren't familiar), have you noticed that it's now impossible to buy the "Frozen Toy Box Set" ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EC6VARA )? I've tried Amazon, Walmart, Target, every Toys 'r' Us in a 50 mile radius, etc. Nope- it's nowhere. People are selling them on ebay for $60 or more. What's the deal, Disney?
I think it's because it was a limited run.
I know that they are now re-releasing the figures separately.
They've been out since November I think.

If you think about this way, don't look up the dolls.
Disney never re-stocked them and they originally sold for $15 I think. And now the cheapest you can get on eBay is over $50

I don't think they anticipated the movie would do this well. I know that they amped up their stock compared to Tangled and Wreck it Ralph and that still wasn't enough for the public. lol
"In every age,
Family is king
are never taken alone."
-Brave.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:11 AM   #2236

Sep 2011
Chicago-ish

Surprised we didn't find out the Best Buy exclusive until now. Here's hoping Walmart has an unannounced exclusive that resembles their previously rumored exclusive...
Please kindly voice your desire for a Frozen 3D Blu-ray!
Call or email WDSHE at www.disneystudioshelp.com/ContactUs
#OperationSnowfall
Old 02-25-2014, 05:37 AM   #2237
Special Member

May 2010
Colorado, USA

My obsession is getting out of hand.
"In every age,
Family is king
are never taken alone."
-Brave.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:56 AM   #2238
Power Member

Jul 2012
ND, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBBrittain View Post
+1. All the Walmarts in Little Rock proper have been out of them for weeks if not months; I considered myself lucky to find some in a suburban Walmart a couple of weeks ago. (Ironically, I didn't get it till after I had preordered the 3D from Amazon UK.) My Vudu account today says I can watch it in X hours, apparently at 2AM here (midnight PST). I should also get the BD in the mail around the 18th; I intend to redeem its DC+ code at Google Play so I'll have it in HD on my Nook HD (Vudu only streams to Androids in SD).

One other note: In addition to the Walmart/Vudu preorder (streaming tomorrow, BD on the 18th), you can also preorder it at Vudu as streaming only in 2D (HDX, HD or SD) or 3D. 2D streaming-only preorders will get the extras (Get a Horse!, etc.) in streaming tomorrow; for now it appears in-store preorders like me won't get the extras till we get the BD, and those who pay big bucks for the Vudu 3D won't get them at all.
Wished those with the in store preorders had access to the extras too. But its better than last year with Wreck It Ralph's digital only early release window (since Disney wasn't on board the Vudu/Walmart preorder system yet and DigitalCopyPlus wasn't unveiled yet, but imagine how much more Blu-rays they would have sold of Wreck It Ralph if they had a in store preorder for the 2D Blu-ray with early digital Vudu only access).

Still not 100% on a DigitalCopyPlus code being included in the preorder Blu-rays due to Disney in the past producing a special version of Iron Man 3 without a code (someone did say they got a code, but I didn't and my version had a different UPC and the gold border slipcover). Either way I am also getting the Target Exclusive for the bonus DVD and will use the DigitalCopyPlus code in that for iTunes (iTunes is also great to redeem due to the possibility of the iTunes extras being updated for re-releases). But I do hope they include a code for the preorder folks.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:59 AM   #2239

Jun 2012

Yeah I bought one of the last preorders today (all at the same store) in the St. Louis county/Jefferson County area today.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:32 AM   #2240
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Little Rock, AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneywildcat View Post
Wished those with the in store preorders had access to the extras too. But its better than last year with Wreck It Ralph's digital only early release window (since Disney wasn't on board the Vudu/Walmart preorder system yet and DigitalCopyPlus wasn't unveiled yet, but imagine how much more Blu-rays they would have sold of Wreck It Ralph if they had a in store preorder for the 2D Blu-ray with early digital Vudu only access).

Still not 100% on a DigitalCopyPlus code being included in the preorder Blu-rays due to Disney in the past producing a special version of Iron Man 3 without a code (someone did say they got a code, but I didn't and my version had a different UPC and the gold border slipcover). Either way I am also getting the Target Exclusive for the bonus DVD and will use the DigitalCopyPlus code in that for iTunes (iTunes is also great to redeem due to the possibility of the iTunes extras being updated for re-releases). But I do hope they include a code for the preorder folks.
That's why I'm saying I'm "planning" on using my DC+ code elsewhere, just in case they don't have one; you can't get the reward without taking the risk. However, I think that's unlikely because (a) it would likely require a unique SKU to avoid it and (b) unlike IM3, Frozen fans will be expecting a DMR code (normally the same code is used for both DMR & DC+).
-----------------
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America