COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Audio Signature Classical Collection (Blu-ray)
$144.01
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Source Code (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Smurfs 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Oldboy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Los Angeles Kings: 2014 Stanley Cup Champions (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Leviathan (Blu-ray)
$15.89
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$74.35
Cuban Fury (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Curtains (Blu-ray)
$17.47
Last Vegas (Blu-ray)
$9.99
God's Not Dead (Blu-ray)
$17.29
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
The Blacklist: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$44.99
House of Cards: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Television

Old 09-17-2013, 09:49 PM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2013
Tracy Island
Default Syfy Gets Bitten By New Werewolf Series

Quote:
By Uncle Creepy
September 17th, 2013

Werewolves are getting their due media-wise lately, with lots of hairy new projects sprouting up everywhere. Of course given the subject you already know for a fact that the Syfy channel isn't gonna be left out in the cold.

From the Press Release
A new breed of werewolves is coming to Syfy with the acquisition of the first season of the new Canadian scripted series Bitten from leading independent studio Entertainment One (eOne).

Season 1 of Bitten, consisting of 13 one-hour episodes, will premiere on Syfy in 2014.

Based on the New York Times best-selling Women of the Otherworld novels by Kelley Armstrong, Bitten is an emotionally charged supernatural thriller starring Laura Vandervoort (Smallville, Ted) as Elena Michaels, the lone female werewolf in existence Desperate to escape both a world she never wanted to be part of and the man who turned her into a werewolf, Elena (Vandervoort) has abandoned her Pack and taken refuge in a new city. There, she works as a photographer and hides her werewolf existence from her new boyfriend. When bodies start turning up in her Pack’s backyard, Elena finds herself back at Stonehaven, the werewolves’ ancestral domain. Torn between two worlds and two loves, she quickly realizes that – when push comes to shove – she’ll stop at nothing to defend her Pack.

“Bitten is a fantastic blend of supernatural action, intense thrills, smouldering drama and a tortured love story that artfully adapts characters beloved for more than a decade by millions of readers around the world,” said Chris Regina, Senior Vice President, Programming, Syfy. “It’s an excellent complement to our roster of programming and we cannot wait to share Elena, her Pack and their stories with the Syfy audience.”

“Our partners at No Equal Entertainment, Hoodwink Entertainment, and eOne have brought to life a sexy and suspenseful new series and we are delighted Syfy has found it equally as compelling for their audience,” said Corrie Coe, Senior Vice-President, Independent Production, Bell Media. “With a strong female lead at its core, we know audiences on both sides of the border will be rabid followers of Bitten.”
Commented Carrie Stein, eOne Television, EVP, Global Production, “The eOne team responded enthusiastically to Bitten because it’s a strong genre piece with a unique premise – the first female werewolf in a pack of men! It’s a sexy, action-packed drama with a love triangle at the center – all very appealing to the global audience!”

Bitten also stars Greg Bryk (A History Of Violence, Rookie Blue) as werewolf Pack “Alpha” Jeremy Danvers, Greyston Holt (Alcatraz, Durham County) as Elena’s werewolf ex-boyfriend Clayton Danvers, and Paul Greene (The Client List, Wicked Wicked Games) as Elena’s current beau, Philip McAdams.

Bitten is produced by No Equal Entertainment, Hoodwink Entertainment, and eOne in association with Space and Bell Media, with the participation of Rogers Cable Network Fund and Cogeco Program Development Fund and the Canadian Film or Video Production Tax Credit. Executive producers include J.B. Sugar for No Equal Entertainment, Patrick Banister and John Barbisan for Hoodwink Entertainment and Tecca Crosby, John Morayniss, and Margaret O’Brien for eOne. Daegan Fryklind and Grant Rosenberg are Executive Producers and Co-Showrunners. Many of the notable directors this season include Brad Turner (HOMELAND), John Fawcett (ORPHAN BLACK), T.J. Scott (SPARTACUS), and Andy Mikita (STARGATE UNIVERSE). eOne will introduce BITTEN for international buyers at the upcoming MIPCOM Television Market, Cannes, France in October 2013.
Rebecca DiPasquale and Tom Hastings are Production Executives, Drama, Bell Media. Trish Williams is Director of Drama, Independent Production, Bell Media. Corrie Coe is Senior Vice-President, Independent Production, Bell Media. Catherine MacLeod is Vice-President, Specialty Channels, Bell Media. Rick Brace is President, Specialty Channels and CTV Production. Phil King is President, CTV Programming and Sports.

source

"I AM WHO I AM"
"Cause I'll rise again"
"There's slow, slow train coming up around the bend"
"to hell with the devil"
Tigers (57-45) 'MLB'
White Sox vs Tigers

><(((:>
Old 09-19-2013, 05:52 AM   #2
Special Member

Jan 2011
SE Tennessee

You had me at Laura Vandervoort!!! I'll at least give it a shot it can't be worse than Teen Wolf and yes given its on MTV is pretty darn good.
GO VOLS!!
Old 09-20-2013, 02:10 AM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
AZ

The synopsis sounds like something coming straight out of the CW, but I'm game to give it a chance...

Time is the School in Which We Learn
Time is the Fire in Which We Burn

Delmore Schwartz (1913-1966)
Old 09-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #4
Power Member

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post
The synopsis sounds like something coming straight out of the CW, but I'm game to give it a chance...
The books are great and it could translate well into live action. It would be even better if it was on CW.......My biggest fear is that this is on the Syfy. Nothing good seems to last on that network
Front Sound Stage: Clearwave Dynamics LCR Surround Sound: 4*AV 123 X-LS Encore, LFE: 2*JBL W15GTI Subwoofers,
Primary Display: Sharp LC-70C6400U Secondary Display: Mitsubishi HC6800
Power Protection:
APC AV S20BLK AVP: Marantz AV8801
AMP: Sherbourn PA 7-350
Old 09-21-2013, 12:31 AM   #5

Jan 2011
La Palma, CA

This is actually a Canadian production produced for the Space channel in Canada. I have to assume that SyFy got this relatively cheap.

I like Vandervoort from her time on Smallville and on V, so I will check it out. It seems like the Canadian imports are mostly doing well on SyFy.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:31 AM   #6

Jan 2011
La Palma, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyxbfly View Post
The books are great and it could translate well into live action. It would be even better if it was on CW.......My biggest fear is that this is on the Syfy. Nothing good seems to last on that network
Cough, Continuum, Being Human, Haven
Old 09-21-2013, 02:54 AM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008

Laura Vandervoort.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:33 AM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Kittrell, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by djariya View Post
Cough, Continuum, Being Human, Haven
Also... Warehouse 13, Eureka (lasted 5 seasons), Lost Girl...

Meanwhile, I prefer werewolves over vampires so I'll give this a try.
Coming soon to a TV near you.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:50 AM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2013
Tracy Island
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by djariya View Post
This is actually a Canadian production produced for the Space channel in Canada. I have to assume that SyFy got this relatively cheap.

I like Vandervoort from her time on Smallville and on V, so I will check it out. It seems like the Canadian imports are mostly doing well on SyFy.
I had wondered where I saw the beautiful Laura Vandervoort!
"I AM WHO I AM"
"Cause I'll rise again"
"to hell with the devil"
Tigers (57-45) 'MLB'
White Sox vs Tigers

Old 10-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #10
Special Member

Jan 2011
SE Tennessee

First Poster released!

GO VOLS!!

Last edited by ChiefSequatchie; 10-22-2013 at 12:52 AM.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #11

Feb 2012
Canada

I've read the books. I hope the series is just as good. I hope they bring in the other supernatural characters. The wolves are only part of the Women of the Otherworld series. Though "Bitten" is the first book and the wolves appear in some of the other books.

Love the fact that SyFy is trying to lay claim to the show.Just because it will be on their channel. Should Space claim "Being Human" is theirs? Both the UK and USA verisons? wacky. "Lost Girl" and "Continuum" are from Canada's showcase also. It is nice to see SyFy pick up some imports considering all the reality shows and B rated movies they have to offer. I'm not impress that Space is buying this stuff up but if SyFy doesn't do more actual shows, what's Space to do? Has SyFy picked up "Black Orphan" yet? It's a Space sci-fi show.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:16 PM   #12
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2013
Tracy Island
Thumbs up 'Bitten'

Watched this from DVR today & thoroughly enjoyed the "season premiere"!

I even enjoyed the
[Show spoiler]CGI

Hope they keep this series(want them to continue w/good storytelling though ) & do not drop it like most of the series I tend to enjoy.
"I AM WHO I AM"
"Cause I'll rise again"
"to hell with the devil"
Tigers (57-45) 'MLB'
White Sox vs Tigers

Old 01-14-2014, 09:23 PM   #13
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Panem
Send a message via AIM to Darth Anakin Send a message via Yahoo to Darth Anakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagios View Post
Watched this from DVR today & thoroughly enjoyed the "season premiere"!

I even enjoyed the
[Show spoiler]CGI

Hope they keep this series(want them to continue w/good storytelling though ) & do not drop it like most of the series I tend to enjoy.
I look forward to getting this on BD then since I am a huge fan of the gorgeous Laura Vandervoort.
Cowboys fan cautiously hoping for the best
My twitter - terribleomens19
Old 01-14-2014, 09:23 PM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2013
Tracy Island
Default 'Lost Girl'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Magnus View Post
I've read the books. I hope the series is just as good. I hope they bring in the other supernatural characters. The wolves are only part of the Women of the Otherworld series. Though "Bitten" is the first book and the wolves appear in some of the other books.

Love the fact that SyFy is trying to lay claim to the show.Just because it will be on their channel. Should Space claim "Being Human" is theirs? Both the UK and USA verisons? wacky. "Lost Girl" and "Continuum" are from Canada's showcase also. It is nice to see SyFy pick up some imports considering all the reality shows and B rated movies they have to offer. I'm not impress that Space is buying this stuff up but if SyFy doesn't do more actual shows, what's Space to do? Has SyFy picked up "Black Orphan" yet? It's a Space sci-fi show.
Watched 'Lost Girl' from DVR today for the 1st. time Will try to give it more time(not to much into this particular wacky, all over the place series' though, even though I do like Defiance which I find to be a better series!).

Always lookin' for more of a serious /werewolf series!!
"I AM WHO I AM"
"Cause I'll rise again"
"to hell with the devil"
Tigers (57-45) 'MLB'
White Sox vs Tigers

Old 01-14-2014, 11:46 PM   #15

Feb 2012
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagios View Post
Watched 'Lost Girl' from DVR today for the 1st. time Will try to give it more time(not to much into this particular wacky, all over the place series' though, even though I do like Defiance which I find to be a better series!).

Always lookin' for more of a serious /werewolf series!!
Lost Girl isn't for everyone. It has a weird quirkiness to it.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:29 AM   #16
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2013
Tracy Island
Lightbulb 'Bitten' Season 1 - episode 6 'Committed'

Last episode on Bitten a little soft for me, I wish they would stay more into the 'pack'.

Quote:
[Show spoiler]Back in Toronto, Elena's reacquainting herself with Philip (biblically speaking) and all seems well. That is, until she catches sight of Daniel Santos watching her (remember, he's the smarmy ex-Pack member from Episode #5 who tried to make a deal with the Pack). Elena's visibly shaken and Philip asks what's wrong. Instead of opening up about Daniel, which in turn would reveal she sometimes turns into a big dog, Elena tells Philip she was reminded of this guy named Victor Olson. She hints that Victor was an older man that abused her when she was growing up in foster care. Wait a minute - we know Victor Olson. He was the orange haired dude from last episode that was released from prison, and Pack enemy Zachary Cain was planning on turning into a wolf! Elena tells Logan that she opened up about Victor to Philip. He thinks that's great, but questions if she'll ever tell Philip she's also a werewolf. Later, she agrees to move in with Philip.

Up at Stately Stonehaven Manor, Clay worries about Elena not returning to the Pack. If she doesn't - and goes Pack-less - that means she's a Mutt, and its Clay's job to keep mutts in line (or exterminate them). He fears having to one day hurt Elena. Tonio reveals that they are the only Pack in North America that are being targeted with these random attacks. Jeremy surmises that the attacks are about him, or to challenge his status as an Alpha. In a move of startling convenient TV timing, the doorbell rings and some random Mutt named Samuel Boggs shows up and challenges Jeremy's Alpha status. The two fight and Jeremy wins. Jeremy orders Clay to remove his teeth as a warning to anyone else that challenges him.

Nick goes to visit Dennis Stillwell, a former Pack member who remains in good standing with the Pack. He's dead and his eyes have been gouged out. No sign of Dennis' son, Joey, an old friend of Nick's.

Back in Toronto, Philip's sister Becky has cold feet on her wedding day. Elena manages to talk her down and the wedding happens. Philip's mom, Olivia - previously not high on Elena - admits she's impressed and grateful to Elena for helping Becky. Score one for Elena!

Daniel Santos shows up to the wedding. Elena's ticked and pulls him aside. Daniel tells Elena that Clay is out of control - that he just tortured someone named Samuel Boggs (technically not a lie). He's growing dangerous and he could eventually threaten Elena. Elena questions whether Daniel's in league with Karl Marsten. Daniel's non-committal, but tells Elena since she left her Pack, that makes her a Mutt - and thus a potential enemy of the Pack. He can help her. They should align. Elena says she'd rather die. Clay later calls Elena - fresh from torturing Boggs - and tells her he needs her. Shortly after, Elena finds a small package in her jacket - addressed to Jeremy. Elena travels to Stately Stonehaven Manor and tells the Pack about Daniel's visit. She reveals the package that Santos ostensibly left for Jeremy - it's the eyes of Dennis Stillwell, the dead dude Nick found earlier!

Amidst all this, Logan's girlfriend Rachel drops a bomb - she's pregnant. She's not thrilled because this could jeopardize her burgeoning culinary career, while Logan's worried because, well, he's a werewolf. Which could mean a werewolf baby. Still, he lets himself get excited at the thought of being a dad.

source

Quote:
Based on the Women of the Otherworld novels by #1 NY Times best-selling author Kelley Armstrong, Bitten is an emotionally charged supernatural thriller starring Laura Vandervoort (Smallville, Ted) as Elena Michaels, the lone female werewolf in existence. Desperate to escape both a world she never wanted to be part of and the man who turned her into a werewolf, Elena has abandoned her pack and taken refuge in a new city. There, she works as a photographer and hides her werewolf existence from her new boyfriend. When bodies start turning up in her pack’s backyard, Elena finds herself back at Stonehaven, the werewolves’ ancestral domain. Torn between two worlds and two loves, she quickly realizes that – when push comes to shove – she’ll stop at nothing to defend her pack.

source
"I AM WHO I AM"
"Cause I'll rise again"
"to hell with the devil"
Tigers (57-45) 'MLB'
White Sox vs Tigers

Old 02-20-2014, 12:34 AM   #17
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying this
Old 03-11-2014, 02:18 PM   #18
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

I completely forgot this even started. I know it's my own fault, but SyFy.com doesn't even have all the episodes up anymore. I was hoping they would. Since Entertainment One is the production company, maybe we'll get a Blu-ray release like Haven.
Last Watched: Alanis Morissette: Live at Montreux 2012
Last Bought: Ginger Snaps | Night of the Comet
PSN ID: KilloWertz
"Chuck me" 9/24/07 - 1/27/12
Old 03-11-2014, 06:29 PM   #19
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Outside of the beautiful Laura, this series is having trouble keeping my attention.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:02 AM   #20
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

I'm still enjoying it. I find it funny the main character's name is Elena since I also watch The Vampire Diaries
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Television