Best Blu-ray Deals

Top iTunes Deals, Cheap iTunes Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Monsters, Inc. (Blu-ray)$14.99 Monsters University (Blu-ray)$14.99 The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (Blu-ray)$9.99 The Nightmare Before Christmas (Blu-ray)$9.99 The Woman (Blu-ray)$7.99 The Terminator (Blu-ray)$9.99 Casper (Blu-ray)$9.99 Beetlejuice (Blu-ray)$9.99 Gremlins (Blu-ray)$9.99 Edward Scissorhands (Blu-ray)$9.99 Coraline (Blu-ray)$9.99 Frankenweenie (Blu-ray)$9.99 Sleepy Hollow, Season 1 (Blu-ray)$14.99 Hocus Pocus (Blu-ray)$9.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 03-19-2014, 04:49 PM   #1521
Power Member

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey_mck View Post
Did you find them at Walmart? Was it a card on the shelf? I haven't seen any at my stores...
my walmart has this grey cube for new release dvd/blus and cds they were located there on one side - also, they had 2 of the wolf and maybe 10 of ronin
Want List
Hot Tub Time Machine UV HDX
Freezer UV HDX
Parade's End VUDU CODE HDX
Lionheart UV HDX
Lion King or Lion King Trilogy DMA/DMR HD
Peter Pan DMA/DMR HD
Old 03-19-2014, 05:01 PM   #1522
Power Member

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneywildcat View Post
No. The DMR code from the Walmart/Vudu preorder only provides DMR points, and doesn't provide access to DMA.

Here's a picture of both inserts. The left comes from the Walmart/Vudu order. The right came from Target.

However, I entered my Target DMR code into my account (which I had also entered the Vudu preorder DMR code) and it not only unlocked DMA, but also gave me 150 points. So I think it will still work as long as it is a different SKU with a Digital Copy. And if there's ever a 3D release with a digital copy, that should work too as 3D Blu-ray would be considered a different format.

Ok, I'm a little confused. So does the one from Walmart pre-order come with DMR+iTunesDC AND Vudu/Amazon/iTunes options or does it only have DMR+iTunes & NO Vudu?

Also if it's different from the Retail version are the UPC codes different or any way to distinguish them?
Old 03-19-2014, 05:06 PM   #1523
Power Member

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbloggs View Post
Ok, I'm a little confused. So does the one from Walmart pre-order come with DMR+iTunesDC AND Vudu/Amazon/iTunes options or does it only have DMR+iTunes & NO Vudu?

Also if it's different from the Retail version are the UPC codes different or any way to distinguish them?
the one from walmart comes with disney rewards points - the retail one has everything at digitalcopyplus.com
Want List
Freezer UV HDX
Lionheart UV HDX
Peter Pan DMA/DMR HD
Old 03-19-2014, 05:28 PM   #1524
Power Member

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexy25 View Post
the one from walmart comes with disney rewards points - the retail one has everything at digitalcopyplus.com
Wow, points only and no digital copy, that's a bummer. I thought I read somewhere that a pre-order of another movie (can't remember which one) not only came with a early release Vudu copy, but you also got full code with Blu-Ray they mail you. Was hoping that Frozen would be the same way.

Are the UPC codes different than the retail version?
Old 03-19-2014, 05:34 PM   #1525
Power Member

Sep 2013

Quote:
Wow, points only and no digital copy, that's a bummer. I thought I read somewhere that a pre-order of another movie (can't remember which one) not only came with a early release Vudu copy, but you also got full code with Blu-Ray they mail you. Was hoping that Frozen would be the same way.

yes the upc's are different
Want List
Freezer UV HDX
Lionheart UV HDX
Peter Pan DMA/DMR HD
Old 03-19-2014, 06:13 PM   #1526

Jul 2008

Quote:
The DMR code from the Walmart/Vudu preorder only provides DMR points, and doesn't provide access to DMA.
After entering my DMR points and didn't get access to DMA, I'd called the customer support number listed in the OP in "New Disney Digital Service" thread (855-347-3722) . The cast member took my number and a technical support person called me back. He was able to add Frozen to my DMA account which then linked to iTunes.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:16 PM   #1527
Special Member

Jul 2012
TX, USA

Quote:

All Disney preorders have either had a Walmart presell fulfilment version without DC codes, or in the case of MU, the retail combo pack without DC sent. If Walmart ran out of the presell stock to send, then they would send the retail versions.

Not only are the printed UPCs are different, but there is no iTunes logo and the 6 digit SKU on the side of the case/slipcover is different.

For other studios, normally the retail version is sent but I rarely do Vudu preorders.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:21 PM   #1528

Jan 2014

Quote:
my walmart has this grey cube for new release dvd/blus and cds they were located there on one side - also, they had 2 of the wolf and maybe 10 of ronin
I found them today
Old 03-20-2014, 02:34 PM   #1529
Power Member

Jan 2014

Quote:
All Disney preorders have either had a Walmart presell fulfilment version without DC codes, or in the case of MU, the retail combo pack without DC sent. If Walmart ran out of the presell stock to send, then they would send the retail versions.

Not only are the printed UPCs are different, but there is no iTunes logo and the 6 digit SKU on the side of the case/slipcover is different.

For other studios, normally the retail version is sent but I rarely do Vudu preorders.
I saw the version from the Walmart pre-order at friends place and noticed that the cover and slip cover both say "Blu-Ray + DVD +Digital HD Copy", but there was also a little blue sticker that said something like, "Digital copy waiting for you on Vudu". He hadn't opened it since he was going to be giving to someone as a gift.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:09 PM   #1530
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009

my wolf of wall street preorder just shipped ups ground
finally no more ups mail innovations
listen kid there are two things you don't know about the earth
one is me and the 2nd is Godzilla
Godzilla final wars
Old 03-22-2014, 05:25 AM   #1531
Power Member

Sep 2013

walking dead season 4 comes with the CD and a bonus disc blu is 39.96 and dvd is 34.96 - the cards are for sale however unredeemable until april 1st
Want List
Freezer UV HDX
Lionheart UV HDX
Peter Pan DMA/DMR HD
Old 03-22-2014, 07:31 PM   #1532
Special Member

Jul 2012
TX, USA

Hastings (for those who live close to one) has a Anchorman 2 preorder. Redemption for early access is thru ParamountMovies.com, and you pick up the movie in store after release day. The Walmart preorder is probably still better, but at least there's hope in the future of more stores offering early digital access + BD prepurchases.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:53 PM   #1533

Jan 2014
Default NEW Preorder(s)

Jack Ryan $22.96
Noah $22.96
Divergent

All were at my Wal-Mart this morning. Jack Ryan and Noah do not need activation at the register, but Divergent does. There were no price tags for Divergent.

Last edited by corey_mck; 03-25-2014 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:08 PM   #1534
Power Member

Sep 2013

Quote:
Jack Ryan $22.96
Noah $22.96
Divergent

All were at my Wal-Mart this morning. Jack Ryan and Noah do not need activation at the register, but Divergent does. There were no price tags for Divergent.
why is this important who cares if they need activation at the register, and people wonder why they come later than expected - i prefer the ones activated at the register, why ? i get them 6 days before release date
Want List
Freezer UV HDX
Lionheart UV HDX
Peter Pan DMA/DMR HD
Old 03-25-2014, 05:14 PM   #1535

Jan 2014

Quote:
why is this important who cares if they need activation at the register, and people wonder why they come later than expected - i prefer the ones activated at the register, why ? i get them 6 days before release date
Some people steal these so for those cheap people who can't buy them, i am letting people know Divergent can't be stolen.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:58 PM   #1536
Special Member

Oct 2010
New England, USA

Quote:
Jack Ryan $22.96
Noah $22.96
Divergent

Any bonuses with them?

Also if anyone goes in, could you scan them to see if there are first day unposted discounts on them?
(thanks)
Now running in 3D with the LG Cinema 3D (nominally showing 3D in 1080i per eye) 47LW6500 (up-or-down-or-side-graded from a 50" Sammy 3D Plasma) and a Benq W1080ST and a 130" screen.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:13 PM   #1537
Expert Member

Feb 2012
U.S.S. Enterprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by seregloth View Post
Any bonuses with them?

Also if anyone goes in, could you scan them to see if there are first day unposted discounts on them?
(thanks)
Divergent was $24.96 and that is the only one I bought. My store had no walking dead out yet. Not sure I want to pay $22.96 for Jack Ryan or Noah (which my store did have). Will make a decision on those after I see what regular retail is going to be for Jack Ryan and after I see Noah in the theater.
My For Sale/For Trade Thread: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=195194
Old 03-25-2014, 11:41 PM   #1538
Special Member

Oct 2010
New England, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlickFab View Post
Divergent was $24.96 and that is the only one I bought. My store had no walking dead out yet. Not sure I want to pay $22.96 for Jack Ryan or Noah (which my store did have). Will make a decision on those after I see what regular retail is going to be for Jack Ryan and after I see Noah in the theater.
I was hoping they'd come with movie cash given how early they're out
Now running in 3D with the LG Cinema 3D (nominally showing 3D in 1080i per eye) 47LW6500 (up-or-down-or-side-graded from a 50" Sammy 3D Plasma) and a Benq W1080ST and a 130" screen.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:45 PM   #1539
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by seregloth View Post
Any bonuses with them?

(thanks)
The Noah pre order also comes with a digital copy of Beowulf. The card said that you get the Beowulf DC now and Noah weeks before its release. My store didn't have the other two.

I guess Walmart isn't going to have a preorder for The Hobbit Desolation of Smaug.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:25 AM   #1540
Power Member

Sep 2013

special note:

whomever bought Noah and/or Jack Ryan from ebay or another source I would wait to enter them if I were you - if you tried to buy them like me you will know why
Want List
Freezer UV HDX
Lionheart UV HDX
Peter Pan DMA/DMR HD
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies