Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Willow (Blu-ray)
$10.01
The Gershwins' Porgy & Bess (Blu-ray)
$29.89
Warrior (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
The Addams Family (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$10.39
The Sopranos: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$199.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.92
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 04-02-2014, 08:50 PM   #261

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcha View Post
Bad News. Sony does have the film rights to GODZILLA 2000, GODZILLA, MOTHRA AND KING GHIDORAH: GIANT MONSTERS ALL-OUT ATTACK and GODZILLA AGAINST MECHAGODZILLA but that there are no current plans to bring them to Blu-ray in the near future. However, Sony intimated that this could change if sales on the upcoming four double movie packs are successful.

Source: http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2...tion-blu-rays/
Are Sony retarded? Why release them out of order in the first place? Is Godzilla VS Megaguirus more popular than Godzilla 2000?! Why leave off just these 3 films for no discernible reason? Clearly NOW is the time to release these movies to cash-in on Godzilla 2014, very odd.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:07 PM   #262
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

SD-Blu, Sony didn't release them, out of order. The Godzilla films that Sony has scheduled in release on Blu-ray are in their correct chronological release order. I've checked them out on this fact. GODZILLA VS. KING GHIDORAH (1991) + GODZILLA AND MOTHRA: THE BATTLE FOR EARTH (1992), GODZILLA VS. MECHAGODZILLA II (1993) + GODZILLA VS. SPACEGODZILLA (1994), GODZILLA VS. DESTOROYAH (1995) + GODZILLA VS. MEGAGUIRUS (2000) and GODZILLA: TOKYO S.O.S. (2003) + GODZILLA: FINAL WARS (2004) are all scheduled for release and that they are all in their correct chronological ordering.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:09 PM   #263
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Old 04-02-2014, 09:14 PM   #264

Jul 2010

Quote:
SD-Blu, Sony didn't release them, out of order. The Godzilla films that Sony has scheduled in release on Blu-ray are in their correct chronological release order. I've checked them out on this fact. GODZILLA VS. KING GHIDORAH (1991) + GODZILLA AND MOTHRA: THE BATTLE FOR EARTH (1992), GODZILLA VS. MECHAGODZILLA II (1993) + GODZILLA VS. SPACEGODZILLA (1994), GODZILLA VS. DESTOROYAH (1995) + GODZILLA VS. MEGAGUIRUS (2000) and GODZILLA: TOKYO S.O.S. (2003) + GODZILLA: FINAL WARS (2004) are all scheduled for release and that they are all in their correct chronological ordering.
They are out of order kemcha, Godzilla 2000 came out in 1999, before Megaguirus, so that should be paired with Godzilla VS Destroyah.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:22 PM   #265
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2012
New York City

I'm mainly just happy I'll be able to get King Ghidorah, Mothra(92), Destroyer and SpaceGodzilla in their original Japanese versions. Then I will have all 28 Godzilla films in their Japanese forms except for King Kong Vs. Godzilla and Godzilla 2000. I actually prefer the US version of Godzilla 2000, though. The pacing is much better. It's actually the only Godzilla film where I prefer the US version.
Last Bought: American Horror Story: Coven, The Walking Dead: Season 4, Detention, The Toxic Avenger Future Purchases: Sin City: A Dame To Kill For, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Game of Thrones: Season 4, Gone Girl, Girls: Season 3, Shameless: Season 4, Hannibal: Season 2, True Blood: Season 7.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:30 PM   #266

Sep 2012
Toronto, ON

Quote:
Bad News. Sony does have the film rights to GODZILLA 2000, GODZILLA, MOTHRA AND KING GHIDORAH: GIANT MONSTERS ALL-OUT ATTACK and GODZILLA AGAINST MECHAGODZILLA but that there are no current plans to bring them to Blu-ray in the near future. However, Sony intimated that this could change if sales on the upcoming four double movie packs are successful.

Source: http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2...tion-blu-rays/
You don't say
Old 04-03-2014, 05:10 AM   #267

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interrobang View Post
Better ratio of profit to effort.
Yep. They would have to sell EXTREMELY well for them to even consider separate releases. And they aren't going to sell THAT well.

I have a friend that works for Sony who says work HAS been done on G2K, GMK, and Against. Granted they could table any further work if sales are really poor on the upcoming Blus, but I doubt they'll sell badly enough to warrant that. Again, they'll likely hit in the fall alongside Godzilla '14's own Blu release.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:12 AM   #268

Jan 2014

Sony had some actual involvement with Godzilla 2000, so if it isn't paired with the '98 film upon release, it stands a good chance of being released on its own. GMK & Against will absolutely be paired up when the time comes though.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:16 AM   #269
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2013
-

That means all we need now is for Classic Media to get up off their asses and start releasing the Godzilla films they own the rights to on Blu-ray, since they're the only holdouts. Everyone here needs to send them an e-mail!
Just a fly in the ointment. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:32 AM   #270
Expert Member

Oct 2012
WI, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-Blu View Post
They are out of order kemcha, Godzilla 2000 came out in 1999, before Megaguirus, so that should be paired with Godzilla VS Destroyah.
He was correcting the complaint that they're "out of order" by saying that the select ones that they're releasing ARE in chronological order. If they never release Godzilla 2000, Against Mechagodzilla, or GMK they'll stay that way! Maybe they'll use that as an excuse, "we can't release those three, because then there'd be no way to put them in chronological order!"

Last edited by cakefactory; 04-03-2014 at 05:34 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:33 PM   #271
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2009
Hazle Township, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefactory View Post
He was correcting the complaint that they're "out of order" by saying that the select ones that they're releasing ARE in chronological order. If they never release Godzilla 2000, Against Mechagodzilla, or GMK they'll stay that way! Maybe they'll use that as an excuse, "we can't release those three, because then there'd be no way to put them in chronological order!"
Are you kidding me since when has chronological order ever stopped a company from releasing a movie. They will come out around the time of the new films blu release especially since the work has already been done. There is no way they will pass up the potential sales.
Various: "Can you kill it?" "I believe something can." "A monster?" "No...a god."

Godzilla Asia Trailer (2014)
Old 04-03-2014, 01:47 PM   #272
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

Lionsgate released War of the Colossal Beast before The Amazing Colossal Man - speaking of *in order* the problem is the ACM is with Susan Hart .. it is odd to have sequels come first - at least for an initial release. At least all the Godzilla movies except for G85 have had a release
Old 04-03-2014, 05:52 PM   #273

Oct 2010

I would really like to know what (if any) rationale went into Sony's decision to not release the 3 titles they chose to skip over. The 6 film "Millennium" series only has 2 films (the two with Mechagodzilla) that actually have continuity in the storyline. So they decide to release the second one, but not the first one where the origin of the creation is explained? If any two films would've made a logical pairing, it would have been the two with MG/Kiryu.

I would love to know why they chose to skip the 3 they did, assuming there even is an explanation! Were the sales numbers of G2K, GMK and GxMG on DVD slightly lower than the rest?
Old 04-03-2014, 06:01 PM   #274

Apr 2011
7540 Garnier apt. 7, Montreal, QC, Canada, H2E 2A5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszilla View Post
I would really like to know what (if any) rationale went into Sony's decision to not release the 3 titles they chose to skip over. The 6 film "Millennium" series only has 2 films (the two with Mechagodzilla) that actually have continuity in the storyline. So they decide to release the second one, but not the first one where the origin of the creation is explained? If any two films would've made a logical pairing, it would have been the two with MG/Kiryu.

I would love to know why they chose to skip the 3 they did, assuming there even is an explanation! Were the sales numbers of G2K, GMK and GxMG on DVD slightly lower than the rest?
Seeing as Sony haven't cared about the Godzilla franchise in years, and are only releasing those titles now that a new movie is coming up, I'd be surprised if they even have an explanation. I mean, why was Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla not released way back then on dvd with the first batch? It was in the MIDDLE of the heisei series, yet they skipped it. I'm sure the reason back then was as simple as the reason now.

They just randomly picked some titles. The people who picked which titles to release have probably never seen these movies and probably didn't even know that the millennium ones are not a continuation of the Heisei ones. Or that Tokyo SOS is a sequel to Mechagodzilla. Or cared, for that matter.

The only one I can guess that mind have a reason behind is 2000, since the American print is a different cut than the Japanese one so would actually require a bit more work. Which might have been why they didn't put it there (doing extra work? Unthinkable!).

At least this time we're getting the original Japanese tracks for the heisei titles.

Last edited by fred25_Ca; 04-03-2014 at 06:03 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:10 PM   #275

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred25_Ca View Post
They just randomly picked some titles. The people who picked which titles to release have probably never seen these movies and probably didn't even know that the millennium ones are not a continuation of the Heisei ones. Or that Tokyo SOS is a sequel to Mechagodzilla. Or cared, for that matter.

That's my guess, as well. It would be nice to think that there is someone in Sony's home video division that likes (and is knowledgeable about) Godzilla, but that's probably just a pipe dream. And yeah, the chances that anyone there knows that the Heisei series ended with Destoroyah, are next to none!
Old 04-03-2014, 06:24 PM   #276

Apr 2011
7540 Garnier apt. 7, Montreal, QC, Canada, H2E 2A5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszilla View Post
That's my guess, as well. It would be nice to think that there is someone in Sony's home video division that likes (and is knowledgeable about) Godzilla, but that's probably just a pipe dream. And yeah, the chances that anyone there knows that the Heisei series ended with Destoroyah, are next to none!
If they did, who knows, we might have gotten a nice Heisei box set and then a nice millennium box set too. Each one at affordable prices. That's what I was mostly hoping for before the announcement. But it was never going to happen. I'm surprised the movies are even this much in chronological order and not more of a mess.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:35 PM   #277
Expert Member

Oct 2012
WI, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by madlost1 View Post
Are you kidding me since when has chronological order ever stopped a company from releasing a movie. They will come out around the time of the new films blu release especially since the work has already been done. There is no way they will pass up the potential sales.
Yes.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:08 AM   #278
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2008
Mexico, OH

Godzilla X Megagurius and Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla are announced in Germany for June 27th.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:11 AM   #279

Sep 2012
Toronto, ON
Default Win new blu-rays contest

FYI There's a contest to win the four upcoming Sony Godzilla double feature blu-rays:

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2...ets-from-sony/
"It's better than Goofy Golf!"

Last edited by roy neary; 04-19-2014 at 12:00 AM.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:35 AM   #280
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2013
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy neary View Post
FYI There's a contest to win the four upcoming Sony double feature blu-rays:

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2...ets-from-sony/
Interesting new requirement. Since obviously we can't post the link in this thread, does that mean we're unable to post it anywhere on Blu-ray.com? I don't use Facebook or Twitter.
Just a fly in the ointment. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America