COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$11.98
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Justice League: War (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Monsters (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
South Park: The Complete Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Phantom of the Paradise (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Fantastic Four / Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Rio 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
It's a Disaster (Blu-ray)
$18.52
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Soundgarden: Superunknown (Blu-ray)
$70.43

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 09-14-2014, 08:10 PM   #361

Oct 2011

is this a digipack? I recived Fantastic fox and its a digipack, but my Brazil release was a case, do CC editions not all match?
Old 09-14-2014, 08:24 PM   #362
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011
UK

It is a Digipack, a thin one. The booklet is huge, around 63/64 pages.

I took loads of images here: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2126

I watched every single thing on the disc and it's one of my favourites of the year. The presentation is phenomenal if you are watching in a dark room, it's moody and shows just enough to leave you guessing (the way Lynch wants it). I personally love the film and it was really enjoyable watching this with my girlfriend who didn't have a clue what the **** was going on, we did some reading after and she figured her own interpretation out.

The Alphabet and The Grandmother are 2 of the scariest and most unnerving short films I've ever seen and I encourage you guys to stick them on your Halloween list.

I really enjoyed watching Eraserhead Stories and the cast interviews. My mind was blown when I realised Henry is Pete from Twin Peaks! Hahaha. Log Lady was a true star in the making of this film too and that makes me like her even more.

All in all you guys should be hugely excited for this one, it's bloody great. Enjoy!

Bonus full collection picture: UK, US, JP.

http://samsinthetic.imgur.com - The Finest Anime Collection

Studio Ghibli Collection (COMPLETE Gallery JULY 2014)

Panasonic 50" ST60 3D Plasma TV
Nikon D3200 DSLR
White Playstation 3 Super Slim Japan
LG 3D 325 Player

Last edited by Sinthetic; 09-14-2014 at 08:57 PM.
Thanks given by:
lolwut (09-15-2014)
Old 09-14-2014, 10:14 PM   #363
Expert Member

Dec 2011
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinthetic View Post

I really enjoyed watching Eraserhead Stories and the cast interviews. My mind was blown when I realised Henry is Pete from Twin Peaks! Hahaha. Log Lady was a true star in the making of this film too and that makes me like her even more.
There is an excellent Jack Nance documentary on youtube. It would have been a nice extra:

Old 09-15-2014, 08:54 AM   #364
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
UK

Quote:
It is a Digipack, a thin one. The booklet is huge, around 63/64 pages.

I took loads of images here: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2126

I watched every single thing on the disc and it's one of my favourites of the year. The presentation is phenomenal if you are watching in a dark room, it's moody and shows just enough to leave you guessing (the way Lynch wants it). I personally love the film and it was really enjoyable watching this with my girlfriend who didn't have a clue what the **** was going on, we did some reading after and she figured her own interpretation out.

The Alphabet and The Grandmother are 2 of the scariest and most unnerving short films I've ever seen and I encourage you guys to stick them on your Halloween list.

All in all you guys should be hugely excited for this one, it's bloody great. Enjoy!

You do realise Henry is in other Lynch stuff as well?
Leo needs new shoes...
Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM   #365

Aug 2014

This is 26.99 on TCM right now but I am debating just waiting for the next 50% off sale. I was hoping it would be a little cheaper on release day.
Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM   #366
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2012
Pittsburgh

Just got mine! Looks like a beautiful release!
Films and movies are two different things.

My Blu-Ray wishlist
My small LaserDisc collection
My Criterion
Old Today, 07:04 AM   #367
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010

Quote:
What, no German edition?
Old Today, 02:25 PM   #368

Feb 2011

And as always ... Amazon sends my digipacked Eraserhead in a single-ply, barely padded manila envelope.

Honestly, what's the point?

No matter how much I complain Amazon will never, never, never improve their shoddy packaging.

Old Today, 02:28 PM   #369
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrunter View Post
And as always ... Amazon sends my digipacked Eraserhead in a single-ply, barely padded manila envelope.

No matter how much I complain Amazon will never, never, never improve their shoddy packaging.

Bizarre when they are so good elsewhere. Amazon UK are known for their crazy over the top packaging - not a bad thing though!
Leo needs new shoes...
Old Today, 02:28 PM   #370
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:

Pay extra and have it gift wrapped. They will send it in a box.
Old Today, 04:14 PM   #371

Aug 2014
Default Technical Error?

Has anyone noticed an error on Criterion's blu-ray? I received a review copy of it a couple of weeks ago, and had the following issue (which involves spoilers...so...):

[Show spoiler]65 minutes and 54 seconds into the film, Henry touches The Lady in the Radiator and the screen is supposed to go completely white. However, on the Criterion blu-ray I received, the exact opposite happens--the screen goes completely black. Obviously, this totally changes the meaning of one of the film's pivotal moments.

This seems like the kind of technical error that wouldn't be isolated to a single, random disc. Has anyone else noticed this? The reviews have been overwhelmingly positive (and rightfully so...the disc looks fabulous and the extras are terrific), but none aside from mine have mentioned this. But it's the kind of thing you'd miss if you weren't very familiar with the film.
Thanks given by:
Se.Vero (Today)
Old Today, 07:44 PM   #372

Jan 2011
Alabama

Quote:

Mine got shipped with Texas Chainsaw Massacre and they STILL put both in a padded envelope. Go figure. lol

Funny story; two days ago a CD my brother ordered from Amazon came PACKED IN A BOX WITH THOSE BUBBLE PAD THINGS. Yes, a CD. In one of their slightly bigger than usual boxes. GaHHAHAHA
In Heaven, everything is fine.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America