Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Ice Age 4 Movie Set (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Ghost in the Shell: Arise: Borders 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$27.23
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Vincent Price Collection II (Blu-ray)
$59.76
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective / Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Congo (Blu-ray)
$8.69
Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$17.98
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$19.98
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
America: Imagine the World Without Her (Blu-ray)
$13.28
Star Trek: The Next Generation Motion Picture Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.21
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 11:53 PM   #1
femogan femogan is offline
Active Member
 
femogan's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
110
Default Do you double-dip for all 3D re-releases?

Guys, I'm just curious... I just got a 3D TV and I'm in the urge to watch everything in 3D now All movies that were released as 3D combo packs, I got 'em. But for titles as Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Top Gun, Up etc, if you already have the 2D edition, do you always end up getting the 3D release as well? I'd like to know... Tks!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:13 AM   #2
aaaa6344 aaaa6344 is offline
Active Member
 
Apr 2008
Default

i double dipped on alice in wonderland, avatar, beauty and the beast, coraline, nightmare before xmas, polar express (anaglyph 3d version), monster house, and got the toy story 3d-only box to add to the 2d combos i already have, but i'm not getting monsters inc, top gun, irobot, up, or anything else that is converted or could be re-released (i only have monsters inc and up out of those 4). to be honest, i wouldn't have double dipped on the ones i had either EXCEPT that i traded them in at moviestop with the "trade 2 blu get 1 new release blu free" deal which gives you a lot of value. but i'm glad that i did

Last edited by aaaa6344; 01-21-2013 at 12:15 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:17 AM   #3
Clinton3779 Clinton3779 is offline
Active Member
 
Clinton3779's Avatar
 
Nov 2011
Oshawa, Ontario
97
808
17
4
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by femogan View Post
Guys, I'm just curious... I just got a 3D TV and I'm in the urge to watch everything in 3D now All movies that were released as 3D combo packs, I got 'em. But for titles as Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Top Gun, Up etc, if you already have the 2D edition, do you always end up getting the 3D release as well? I'd like to know... Tks!
I love 3d as well and whenever a movie comes out in 3d i previously had I always sell my 2d version and pick up the 3d! I have slight addiction but I cant see myself ever buying those crappy german conversons (running scared 3d among many others) I have built a nice 3d collection that way with something for everyone. 3d me
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:27 AM   #4
aaaa6344 aaaa6344 is offline
Active Member
 
Apr 2008
Default

Yeah basically if it's a movie i really like that's re-released in 3d, i'll get it. But if it's something that's just pretty good and already part of the collection i'll let it slide (like monsters inc or up). I wouldn't get a german conversion either tho. And yeah I would get rid of the extra copy too...no reason to have 2 copies when you can have 2 different movies lol.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:09 AM   #5
keb33509 keb33509 is offline
Special Member
 
keb33509's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
443
34
Default

I didn't start really collecting blu's until around the time 3D Blu-Ray came out. I don't think I've had to double dip with the exception of Avatar.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:20 AM   #6
darwell darwell is offline
Junior Member
 
darwell's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
152
Default

In most cases I will, however I wont just buy it because it is 3D. I will buy a duplicate if it is going to add something to my experience whilst watching it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #7
Vico Vico is offline
Member
 
Vico's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
24
86
184
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaa6344 View Post
Yeah basically if it's a movie i really like that's re-released in 3d, i'll get it. But if it's something that's just pretty good and already part of the collection i'll let it slide (like monsters inc or up). I wouldn't get a german conversion either tho. And yeah I would get rid of the extra copy too...no reason to have 2 copies when you can have 2 different movies lol.
I agree, it depends on the movie. Luckily, most of the 3D titles I have purchased, I didn't have on blu-ray. I have double dipped on the Avengers and trying to decide to double dip on I, Robot. Usually if I already have it, I will pass on the 3D version.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #8
Mao Mao is offline
Senior Member
 
Mao's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
1509
1246
111
Default

I'm upgrading everything...slowly.

My goal is to have every U.S. 3D theatrical release on Blu! This includes the 3 region free releases you can't get here ("Battle For Terra", "The Hole" & "Shark Night 3D"). Have "Terra" and working on "Shark Night"!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #9
Taygan315 Taygan315 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Taygan315's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
10
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao View Post
I'm upgrading everything...slowly.

My goal is to have every U.S. 3D theatrical release on Blu! This includes the 3 region free releases you can't get here ("Battle For Terra", "The Hole" & "Shark Night 3D"). Have "Terra" and working on "Shark Night"!
I wish they would release Terra 3D and Shark Night 3D in the states! More so Terra.

It depends on the movie and how good the 3D is (I rely on user reviews for this..you know, you guys!) before I double dip.
My mancave:

Displays - Sony Bravia 3D 55HX800, Epson 3D 3020 (124")
Players - Sony BDP-S570, Sony BDP-S590
Game system - Sony PS3 320GB
Computer - Mac 27" i5 1 terabyte hdd (1 terabyte back up hdd)
Portable Devices - iPad (4th gen A6 64GB), MacBook Pro (17" i5 500GB), iPod Touch (5th gen A5 32GB)

Last edited by Taygan315; 01-21-2013 at 05:37 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:17 PM   #10
levcore levcore is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
levcore's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Worcester, UK
747
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico View Post
I agree, it depends on the movie. Luckily, most of the 3D titles I have purchased, I didn't have on blu-ray. I have double dipped on the Avengers and trying to decide to double dip on I, Robot. Usually if I already have it, I will pass on the 3D version.
Dude don't bother with I, Robot 3D unless you LOVE the movie. there is some midly effective 3D during the action, but overall it's pretty flat and as a double dip, you'd probably be disappointed.

I'll give it one more rewatch at some point then will probably sell or trade my copy.
Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

3D FAN

Instagram: levcore

Steelbooks Looking to trade (unsealed): Green Lantern HMV Exclusive, Chronicle Play Exclusive, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1, Enders Game HMV Exclusive.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:31 PM   #11
BigNickUK BigNickUK is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
BigNickUK's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Leek, Staffordshire
2
1528
33
29
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by femogan View Post
Guys, I'm just curious... I just got a 3D TV and I'm in the urge to watch everything in 3D now All movies that were released as 3D combo packs, I got 'em. But for titles as Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Top Gun, Up etc, if you already have the 2D edition, do you always end up getting the 3D release as well? I'd like to know... Tks!
Yep...every time...and then sell my 2D or try to at least
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:05 PM   #12
GPWYANKEE GPWYANKEE is online now
Senior Member
 
GPWYANKEE's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Liverpool New York
5
1324
4
21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNickUK View Post
Yep...every time...and then sell my 2D or try to at least
Same with me.Unless the reviews are just horrible i upgrade and try to recoup what i can out of the old one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:16 PM   #13
Vico Vico is offline
Member
 
Vico's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
24
86
184
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Dude don't bother with I, Robot 3D unless you LOVE the movie. there is some midly effective 3D during the action, but overall it's pretty flat and as a double dip, you'd probably be disappointed.

I'll give it one more rewatch at some point then will probably sell or trade my copy.
Thanks for the heads up!
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:14 PM.