Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, From $3.99 »
Now: E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (A… $10.89 (99% sold out)
Now: Coraline $7.39 (92% sold out)
Soon: ParaNorman ()
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$27.99
1 hr ago
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99
1 hr ago
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$149.99
1 hr ago
The Newsroom: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99
1 hr ago
The Walking Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 hr ago
The Pacific (Blu-ray)
$22.99
1 hr ago
Band of Brothers (Blu-ray)
$22.99
1 hr ago
Downton Abbey: Seasons 1, 2, 3 & 4 (Blu-ray)
$39.99
10 hrs ago
The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.99
1 hr ago
How to Train Your Dragon 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
10 hrs ago
Transformers: Age of Extinction (Blu-ray)
$13.00
1 hr ago
Back to the Future Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$22.99
1 hr ago

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Old 05-23-2014, 05:06 PM   #281
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008

I'd love to have the Belle.
Mancave Man

Two Channel
Yamaha: CX-1000, B-6, T-85, CDX-5000, YP-D8, Cambridge Audio: 640P, Oppo: BDP-83, Klipsch: Klipschorns Modded with ALK Universal Crossovers & Crites CT-125 Tweeters.
Home Theater
Panasonic: PT-AE7000U, Elite: TE106HW2, Samsung: LN52B750, Marantz: AV8801, Parasound: 5250 V.2, Oppo: BDP-93, Toshiba: HD-A35, JBL Synthesis: PT800 (4), PC600, PS1400 (2), HTPS400 (4)
Old 06-05-2014, 04:57 PM   #282

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpatt View Post
I'd love to have the Belle.
Beautiful pair about 45 miles from me in Robertsdale Alabama for about $2400.

FYI, my Cornwalls caps....yes they were updated, looked at them and they looked like sonicaps, I couldn't see any writing because of the way they were strapped down. Well lately - while measuring I saw some dips near the crossover freqs that I hadn't seen before. So I measured a different set of speakers to make sure it wasn't just the room...nope it was the speakers. The speakers still sound fine but something was missing so I decided to change out the caps. After getting out the crossover - I unscrewed the metal clamps holding down the caps. To my surprise - yes they look like Sonicaps, but they were just generic caps. I didn't buy the sonicaps - I went with Clarity Cap ESA's this time and I am well pleased. Not going to talk about it - just if your in NW Fl - give me a pm and I'll set up a listening session.
Klipsch Cornwall L/R, Klipsch Heresy center, Definitive Technology BP2's (x4) rear, Wharfedale sw380 Subs (x2), SVS 16-46 CS (X2) 2-8 inch transmission line Subs (rear), Yamaha power Amps mx830 (x2), Adcom 5503 3 channel power amp, Behringer EP4000 Power amp, BD HTPC, Xonar Essence ST/H6 modified Burson Supreme Discreet Opamps, Da-lite 16:9 106" Screen, BenQ 3D Projector, LG 55 inch LED TV.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #283

Aug 2010
Beauvoir, MISSISSIPPI

he told me he sold the Belles, but he has a nice pair of LS, with Cane Grills about $1200
just 1 more pair of KLIPSCH Classic speakers...

RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

PANASONIC 60" PLASMA 3D, DENON AVR-3312CI, LG BD670 3D NETWORK BRD (iPhone APPs), TOSHIBA HD-XA2 HD DVD, SAMSUNG BD-UP5000 HD DVD/BRD, iPod 8 GB, 13.2: KLIPSCH La Scala 1980 (Crites Rebuilt Type AA Crossovers Sonicaps) FRONT, HERESY II "SIGNATURE EDITION" WIDE, HERESY II CENTER/SURROUND, kg2 SB, kg3/kg1 Front/Rear HEIGHT, RW-12d SW, km-rsw
Old 06-06-2014, 02:09 AM   #284

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho Panza View Post
he told me he sold the Belles, but he has a nice pair of LS, with Cane Grills about $1200
I told him you'd call !!!!!
Klipsch Cornwall L/R, Klipsch Heresy center, Definitive Technology BP2's (x4) rear, Wharfedale sw380 Subs (x2), SVS 16-46 CS (X2) 2-8 inch transmission line Subs (rear), Yamaha power Amps mx830 (x2), Adcom 5503 3 channel power amp, Behringer EP4000 Power amp, BD HTPC, Xonar Essence ST/H6 modified Burson Supreme Discreet Opamps, Da-lite 16:9 106" Screen, BenQ 3D Projector, LG 55 inch LED TV.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:44 AM   #285
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerich View Post
Beautiful pair about 45 miles from me in Robertsdale Alabama for about $2400.

FYI, my Cornwalls caps....yes they were updated, looked at them and they looked like sonicaps, I couldn't see any writing because of the way they were strapped down. Well lately - while measuring I saw some dips near the crossover freqs that I hadn't seen before. So I measured a different set of speakers to make sure it wasn't just the room...nope it was the speakers. The speakers still sound fine but something was missing so I decided to change out the caps. After getting out the crossover - I unscrewed the metal clamps holding down the caps. To my surprise - yes they look like Sonicaps, but they were just generic caps. I didn't buy the sonicaps - I went with Clarity Cap ESA's this time and I am well pleased. Not going to talk about it - just if your in NW Fl - give me a pm and I'll set up a listening session.
Glad to hear you solved your frequency dip issue. I was just daydreaming of having one Belle as a center (as Paul suggested). I'm on the edge as far as WAF is concerned. I think putting a Belle in the room might push me over.
Mancave Man

Two Channel
Yamaha: CX-1000, B-6, T-85, CDX-5000, YP-D8, Cambridge Audio: 640P, Oppo: BDP-83, Klipsch: Klipschorns Modded with ALK Universal Crossovers & Crites CT-125 Tweeters.
Home Theater
Panasonic: PT-AE7000U, Elite: TE106HW2, Samsung: LN52B750, Marantz: AV8801, Parasound: 5250 V.2, Oppo: BDP-93, Toshiba: HD-A35, JBL Synthesis: PT800 (4), PC600, PS1400 (2), HTPS400 (4)
Old 06-06-2014, 03:54 PM   #286

Dec 2007

Quote:
Glad to hear you solved your frequency dip issue. I was just daydreaming of having one Belle as a center (as Paul suggested). I'm on the edge as far as WAF is concerned. I think putting a Belle in the room might push me over.
What edge? The edge from awesome to detrimentally awesome !!!! Yes! Wife will love it !
Old 07-28-2014, 05:37 PM   #287

Aug 2010
Beauvoir, MISSISSIPPI
USA

no posts for July???
just 1 more pair of KLIPSCH Classic speakers...

RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

PANASONIC 60" PLASMA 3D, DENON AVR-3312CI, LG BD670 3D NETWORK BRD (iPhone APPs), TOSHIBA HD-XA2 HD DVD, SAMSUNG BD-UP5000 HD DVD/BRD, iPod 8 GB, 13.2: KLIPSCH La Scala 1980 (Crites Rebuilt Type AA Crossovers Sonicaps) FRONT, HERESY II "SIGNATURE EDITION" WIDE, HERESY II CENTER/SURROUND, kg2 SB, kg3/kg1 Front/Rear HEIGHT, RW-12d SW, km-rsw
Old 07-28-2014, 05:38 PM   #288
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2008
Alexandria, VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancho Panza View Post
no posts for July???
well, now, theres 2.......
55" Sony SXRD KDS-A552000 1080P
PS3 Slim & XBOX 360 Elite, Wii, iPhone5 64gb
iPad4 64gb, AppleTV-hdmi, NAS-1tb, Oppo BDP-105D, 105, 93 & 83 players
Onkyo PR-SC5507P Pre/Pro; TX-NR525 Harmony 1, SB-Touch, Axiom Spkrs M80v3, VP180v3, QS8v3, QS4v3 M2v3, Front 3 Bi-Wired! Emotiva XPA-5, UPA-2, UPA-200, & mini-x Amps, XDA-1DAC, X-Ref 12 DSP Sub & Ultra Subs 12 Polk Audio SDA-2, Monitor 10 & Monitor 5Jr speakers
NY GIANTS!
Old 11-07-2014, 09:21 PM   #289

Dec 2007

Time to awaken the beast that is Klipsch Heritage!!!! I guess we are too busy enjoying our speakers to post. Reference-Head aka Pro-Cinema Head has an entire Heritage HT upstairs!!!!

I'm still loving my Cornwalls and if they keep it up, they may be my last pair of front speakers indeed! I've thought about going Khorn, but I can't talk myself into it at all (I think they would be too much speaker for my current room).
Old 11-07-2014, 09:35 PM   #290

Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave

I'm pretty sure I'm getting my Pioneer SA-9500II Integrated amp restored and I'm clamoring for some vintage Heresy speakers. I may even go all out and get the new Heresy III's. That Cherry finish is gorgeous!

I have a Kenwood KT-8007 Tuner and a mint condition Revolver Red turntable (not the cheaper Rebel model) that I could set up close to my PC and maybe start doing some needledrops again.

John - I love the smell of vinyl in the morning!
My personal motto: "Live Life! Leave A Legacy!"
I reserve the right to post as a member. When I post as a Moderator I will select a color depending on my mood!
AudioQuest - Genesis - Harman/Kardon - Marantz Reference - Mogami - Nitty Gritty -- Valab/King
Old 11-08-2014, 03:02 PM   #291

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post
I'm pretty sure I'm getting my Pioneer SA-9500II Integrated amp restored and I'm clamoring for some vintage Heresy speakers. I may even go all out and get the new Heresy III's. That Cherry finish is gorgeous!

I have a Kenwood KT-8007 Tuner and a mint condition Revolver Red turntable (not the cheaper Rebel model) that I could set up close to my PC and maybe start doing some needledrops again.

Johnny that would be sweet! It seems as if the heresy holds a soft spot with you !!!!
Thanks given by:
Johnny Vinyl (11-09-2014)
Old Yesterday, 04:54 AM   #292
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013
Between Heaven ↑ & Hell ↓ ......
Thumbs up Chorus

Well, I can proudly say I too own a set of these fine speakers.

I picked up a set earlier today, and they have been playing ever since I brought them home.

I'll get some pics up tomorrow once the lighting is better. They're not in mint condition, but I'd give them an 8. The bases are not there, (I may end up either making something for them, or try to find a set.) and the finish isn't perfect, but it isn't bad. I'm really pleased with the sound of them. This is the first set of Klipsch speakers I have ever owned, and it may not be the last. I have been through a few sets, and only the strong survive......I believe these have what it takes to hang around along side of my treasured DX-9's. I still need to try different placement for them, but wherever they end up will be just fine.
"Since sound and music perception is entirely imaginary (you can't touch or photograph a musical image), what and how we hear is formed only in our brains and is not measurable. "
Old Yesterday, 05:14 AM   #293

Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy13 View Post

I picked up a set earlier today, and they have been playing ever since I brought them home.

I'll get some pics up tomorrow once the lighting is better. They're not in mint condition, but I'd give them an 8. The bases are not there, (I may end up either making something for them, or try to find a set.) and the finish isn't perfect, but it isn't bad. I'm really pleased with the sound of them. This is the first set of Klipsch speakers I have ever owned, and it may not be the last. I have been through a few sets, and only the strong survive......I believe these have what it takes to hang around along side of my treasured DX-9's. I still need to try different placement for them, but wherever they end up will be just fine.

Congrats Billy! Looking forward to some pics tomorrow!
John - I love the smell of vinyl in the morning!
My personal motto: "Live Life! Leave A Legacy!"
I reserve the right to post as a member. When I post as a Moderator I will select a color depending on my mood!
AudioQuest - Genesis - Harman/Kardon - Marantz Reference - Mogami - Nitty Gritty -- Valab/King
Thanks given by:
Billy13 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:02 AM   #294
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008

Quote:

Welcome to the club. I too am looking forward to seeing the pics.
Mancave Man

Two Channel
Home Theater
Thanks given by:
Billy13 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM   #295
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post
Congrats Billy! Looking forward to some pics tomorrow!
Quote:
Welcome to the club. I too am looking forward to seeing the pics.
Thanks guys.

Here's the Klipsch Chorus.

"Since sound and music perception is entirely imaginary (you can't touch or photograph a musical image), what and how we hear is formed only in our brains and is not measurable. "
Old Today, 12:51 AM   #296

Dec 2007

Quote:

Welcome my Klipsch Brother! They look wonderful! You can refresh the wood with some Danish Oil. Don't let the rags pile up ...they can combust on their own!
Old Today, 01:38 AM   #297
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerich View Post
Welcome my Klipsch Brother! They look wonderful! You can refresh the wood with some Danish Oil. Don't let the rags pile up ...they can combust on their own!
Thanks!

You know, I tried some of this, and it just soaked it up like nothin'! They probably haven't been treated in years.

I'll pick up some of that Danish Oil for them, thanks for the suggestion.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers