Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Blow (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Psycho-Pass: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$100.81
WCW's Greatest Pay-Per-View Matches, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$18.74
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
The Art of the Steal (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-28-2013, 03:25 AM   #1881
Banned

Aug 2013

Going for $30 on Amazon.ca right now
Old 12-28-2013, 09:37 AM   #1882

Mar 2011
Woodland Hills, CA

Really bummed I missed this sale by a few hours, I was holding off on this set to see a better price and it went right by me. Serves me right for not checking out this site for deals on a daily basis. Oh well.
Video: Samsung 46" UN46ES7100 240Hz 3D LED TV
Sony BDP-S790 Blu-Ray Player

Audio: Marantz AV7701 Pre-Processor + MM7055 Power Amplifier
FR+FL: Sony SS-U620
C: Bowers & Wilkins HTM62 SII
SR+SL: Sony SS-U20
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Turntable w/ Shure M97xe Cartridge
Old 12-28-2013, 02:11 PM   #1883

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar Jar Stinks View Post
No, the documentary is boring and the oar Imax scenes aren't that different.

Oar
Old 12-28-2013, 08:22 PM   #1884
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezilla2 View Post
Oar
Actually, the only thing more correct than oar would be OAR - he wasn't typing the word oar. If you're gonna correct someone, correct them correctly.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #1885
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2009
Sarf London, Engerland

Oh, testicles. I was right about the customs interference, I paid nearly as much in duty as I did for the Canadian set itself!
Old 12-30-2013, 03:08 PM   #1886
Blu-ray Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Oh, testicles. I was right about the customs interference, I paid nearly as much in duty as I did for the Canadian set itself!
Yep my last steelbook order from AmazonCA was hit with customs. Since the package was falling apart I was able to get them to deduct 20% off the order which paid for customs and then some.
Lesson learned, I probably won't be shopping north of the border any time soon!
Old 12-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #1887
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2009
Sarf London, Engerland

Well, I kinda forgot that amazon.ca use UPS for foreign shipping. If it was snail mail like with .com then it might've slipped past HMR&C, but UPS will never let a chance like that go. Their handling charge is more expensive than the Royal Mail, too. Still, it ended up cheaper than buying the UK version, just!!!
Old 12-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #1888
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2009
Sarf London, Engerland

Heh. I got a spare Harvey Dent print in the box, that doesn't make up for the 17 customs fee though.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:22 PM   #1889

Jan 2014

Recently bought the set for my boyfriend for his birthday... Could someone tell me what is the exact size of the art print? I obviously cannot open the package to look at it and I tried to skim through 95 pages of comments but I got lost. Just wanted to buy him frames and wanna make sure they'll fit. Thanks =) !
Old 01-06-2014, 09:48 PM   #1890
Blu-ray Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus44 View Post
Recently bought the set for my boyfriend for his birthday... Could someone tell me what is the exact size of the art print? I obviously cannot open the package to look at it and I tried to skim through 95 pages of comments but I got lost. Just wanted to buy him frames and wanna make sure they'll fit. Thanks =) !
He's a lucky guy! 7" x 10"
Old 01-07-2014, 12:33 AM   #1891
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2009
Sarf London, Engerland

Watched all three movies back to back today. BB is still my favourite, TDK runs out of steam towards the end, and even though TDKR doesn't make a lick of sense the 'race against time' ending is a suitably exciting climax for the trilogy.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:58 AM   #1892
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Tampa, FL

Quote:
Watched all three movies back to back today. BB is still my favourite, TDK runs out of steam towards the end, and even though TDKR doesn't make a lick of sense the 'race against time' ending is a suitably exciting climax for the trilogy.
I just wish they didn't telegraph the ending to TDKR so clearly.

[Show spoiler]I'm not even over-exaggerating, when Alfred went into great detail how he wanted to see Bruce with a fiance in cafe, I almost said "spoiler alert" allowed.
Top 10 Favorite Films: 1) The Truman Show, 2) 12 Angry Men, 3) Jackie Brown, 4) 25th Hour, 5) Princess Mononoke, 6) The Godfather,
7) Pulp Fiction, 8) Back to the Future, 9) Blade Runner, 10) The Lord of the Rings

"If my answers frighten you Vincent, then you should cease asking scary questions." - Jules Winnfield

Old 01-07-2014, 01:24 AM   #1893

Jun 2012
Metro Detroit

Quote:
Wish I would have kept up with this thread more recently. An Amazon.ca Blu Ray order is on its way tomorrow on UPS and I had no idea that Customs would be involved. Now I have no idea how much I'm going to have to pay. And to think I was trying to do this to save money.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:47 AM   #1894
Blu-ray Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by seannyd View Post
Wish I would have kept up with this thread more recently. An Amazon.ca Blu Ray order is on its way tomorrow on UPS and I had no idea that Customs would be involved. Now I have no idea how much I'm going to have to pay. And to think I was trying to do this to save money.
Did you only order the TDK set, on that shipment? If so I'm surprised you got hit with customs.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:36 AM   #1895

Jun 2012
Metro Detroit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Did you only order the TDK set, on that shipment? If so I'm surprised you got hit with customs.
No, I actually ordered the Doctor Who 1-7 series set. I haven't been hit with anything yet but I just didn't even think to anticipate it. No idea what the rules are in regards to importing from Canada. I have yet to order the TDK set, unfortunately.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:40 AM   #1896
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
+3 (one for each movie)!
Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.-Mark Twain

Digital Copies Available ($1-$3 or Best Offer). PM Me For List.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:54 AM   #1897
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2009
Sarf London, Engerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaJulien View Post
I just wish they didn't telegraph the ending to TDKR so clearly.

[Show spoiler]I'm not even over-exaggerating, when Alfred went into great detail how he wanted to see Bruce with a fiance in cafe, I almost said "spoiler alert" allowed.
[Show spoiler]Yeah, you could see exactly where it was going to end up. But they could've put a terrific spin on it by having Alfred look across the cafe, directly at camera, give a nod and then bang - cut to black, the music comes up and we get a nicely ambiguous ending (the stuff with Blake would have to be worked in a few shots earlier). Still, it's nice to actually see Bruce finally get a chance at happiness.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:09 PM   #1898
Blu-ray Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
No, I actually ordered the Doctor Who 1-7 series set. I haven't been hit with anything yet but I just didn't even think to anticipate it. No idea what the rules are in regards to importing from Canada. I have yet to order the TDK set, unfortunately.
I see. Yeah I ordered the recent Alliance steelbook wave(~$130 total), and was hit with customs. It was the first time ever, from anywhere that happened.
I did see this article on CNN: http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn....on/?hpt=hp_bn2

Not sure how much of a role that might play though. After my aforementioned order from AmazonCA, I don't think I'll be ordering from anytime soon. Not to mention their packaging was lousy for that order.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:43 PM   #1899

Jun 2012
Metro Detroit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
I see. Yeah I ordered the recent Alliance steelbook wave(~$130 total), and was hit with customs. It was the first time ever, from anywhere that happened.
I did see this article on CNN: http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn....on/?hpt=hp_bn2

Not sure how much of a role that might play though. After my aforementioned order from AmazonCA, I don't think I'll be ordering from anytime soon. Not to mention their packaging was lousy for that order.
Looks like UPS is asking for $41 for my order from Amazon.ca. So that pretty much negates any potential savings I would have had from buying locally. Oh well. Sorry to derail the thread. Back to Dark Knight conversation.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:52 PM   #1900
Blu-ray Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Quote:
Looks like UPS is asking for $41 for my order from Amazon.ca. So that pretty much negates any potential savings I would have had from buying locally. Oh well. Sorry to derail the thread. Back to Dark Knight conversation.
Yep, same thing happened to me. I apologize for going off topic, but it looks like UPS is asking for duties on a lot of Canadian orders. I sure hope they don't start doing this from UK or Japan!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America