Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Gone with the Pope (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Red Cliff Part I & II (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Ong Bak Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$13.49
Sons of Anarchy: Season Seven (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Mother (Blu-ray)
$7.64
Don't Go in the Woods (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Life Itself (Blu-ray)
$13.49
Nymphomaniac Extended Director's Cut (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Imitation Game (Blu-ray)
$19.96
To the Wonder (Blu-ray)
$7.64
Porco Rosso (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Host (Blu-ray)
$7.64
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM   #1821

Nov 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
I have finally seen Taxi Driver (in it's entirety) for the first time, and what is the big deal about this movie? I don't go with the flow! The movie was slow, tedious and boring. The most exciting part of the film, was the ending. Taxi Driver is overrated.
Yeah screw character development lets just make the entire movie action-packed?
Old Yesterday, 04:40 PM   #1822
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2009
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
It takes one to know one! Now you can add this to one of your lists.

Last edited by slimdude; Yesterday at 04:46 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:40 PM   #1823
Special Member

Feb 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremal View Post
The big deal is that it shows character development on a scale rarely achieved in film, and the way Bickle feels compelled to lash out at powerbrokers in society to protect those he saw as helpless or cheated was clearly insane. However, since his plans for violence failed to target the politician and succeeded in targeting the pimp, society branded him a hero. It was a very deep statement about social norms and a psychological landscape laid bare through a brilliant script, performance by De Niro and direction by Scorsese, all in their prime. The pace of the movie was perfect, and an intentional, methodical build to the violent climax, followed by the twist at the end. Shit, I might have to go watch it for the upteenth time right now. Thanks for getting me in the mood.
Well put, well said. TD is one of the few perfect films I've seen; I never thought/felt anything should be changed or modified (which I can't say for many other films I've seen). And, the superb Blu of this film makes an already great viewing experience even better...hard to believe this TD Blu is already almost 4 years old...
Thanks given by:
Widescreenfilmguy (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:52 PM   #1824
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2009
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmmaker View Post
Or...you have shitty tastes. We'll let the world decide.
No, it's just that I know a "shitty" movie when I see one, regardless how much it's been praised.
Old Yesterday, 05:06 PM   #1825

Jul 2014

Quote:
No, it's just that I know a "shitty" movie when I see one, regardless how much it's been praised.
If you know that, why'd you review The Big Hit and give it 9 out of 10? Shouldn't you "know" it's terrible, as you say?
Old Yesterday, 05:08 PM   #1826
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2010

Quote:
I have finally seen Taxi Driver (in it's entirety) for the first time, and what is the big deal about this movie? I don't go with the flow! The movie was slow, tedious and boring. The most exciting part of the film, was the ending. Taxi Driver is overrated.
Thanks given by:
Darth Marcus (Today), Harwin123 (Today), LegacyCosts (Yesterday), Retroj23 (Today), Tech-UK (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:12 PM   #1827
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks-------------------------->91 SteelBooks™--------------------->154

Quote:
"I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room... as inevitable as your guilty conscience..."

Favorite Directors
1) Steven Spielberg 2) The Wachowski Brothers 3) Ridley Scott 4) David Fincher 5) James Cameron 6) Peter Weir 7) Ron Howard 8) Frank Darabont 9) Christopher Nolan 10) Robert Zemeckis
Thanks given by:
LegacyCosts (Yesterday), Tech-UK (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 06:49 PM   #1828
Power Member

Jun 2012
Canada

First Unforgiven and now Taxi Driver. I actually feel good every time slimdude makes a ridiculous statement about a classic, because if we actually shared tastes in film, I'd be concerned about my own mental health.
My blu-ray wishlist Top 10: 1) The Day Of The Jackal 2) The Road To Wellville 3) The Pink Panther Series 4) The original Sleuth 5) True Lies 6) Danger Diabolik 7) Fletch Lives 8) The Parallax View 9) Popeye 10) Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid
Thanks given by:
Darth Marcus (Today), Davidian (Yesterday), HD Goofnut (Yesterday), SilentDawn (Today), Tech-UK (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:07 PM   #1829
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks-------------------------->91 SteelBooks™--------------------->154

Quote:
Originally Posted by baheidstu View Post
First Unforgiven and now Taxi Driver. I actually feel good every time slimdude makes a ridiculous statement about a classic, because if we actually shared tastes in film, I'd be concerned about my own mental health.
I think it's his time of the month. You can track him back through the years and see that there's always a week out of the month where he manages to stir up the pot.
"I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room... as inevitable as your guilty conscience..."

Favorite Directors
1) Steven Spielberg 2) The Wachowski Brothers 3) Ridley Scott 4) David Fincher 5) James Cameron 6) Peter Weir 7) Ron Howard 8) Frank Darabont 9) Christopher Nolan 10) Robert Zemeckis
Thanks given by:
Geoff D (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:06 PM   #1830
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2013
Chicago

Quote:
I suppose everyone can ignore any of your future opinions now.
Old Yesterday, 09:41 PM   #1831
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2010
Chicago

Quote:
I don't go with the flow!
How bold of you.
And I have been fortunate to escape what has been called “that form of snobbery which can accept the Literature of Entertainment in the Past, but only the Literature of the Enlightenment in the Present.” - Raymond Chandler

'Course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and whor*s all get respectable if they last long enough. - Noah Cross
Thanks given by:
SilentDawn (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 11:28 PM   #1832
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2010

Come on, folks...slimdude is just slimduding. Surely, you've all learned to stop taking him seriously by now.
Old Today, 09:22 AM   #1833
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion138 View Post
Come on, folks...slimdude is just slimduding. Surely, you've all learned to stop taking him seriously by now.
Look at his avatar....says it all
I'm running this monkey farm now Frankenstein!!! And I want to know....what the **** you are doing with my time?!!!
Old Today, 09:50 AM   #1834
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2007
Tucson Arizona

lol, you guys DO realize that slimdude is kind of the the BR.com "village idiot" don't you? he's not exactly meant to be taken seriously. (not unless you REALLY want your brain to start hurting).
Thanks given by:
baheidstu (Today)
Old Today, 01:20 PM   #1835

Dec 2014

Quote:
Scorsese = GOAT
Favorite Movie - Goodfellas
Favorite TV Series - The Sopranos
Thanks given by:
Filmmaker (Today)
Old Today, 02:19 PM   #1836
Blu-ray Archduke

May 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
lol, you guys DO realize that slimdude is kind of the the BR.com "village idiot" don't you? he's not exactly meant to be taken seriously. (not unless you REALLY want your brain to start hurting).
True, but he makes it so hard not to be picked on. He reminds me of this Far Side bit:

Favorite Directors
Thanks given by:
Retroj23 (Today)
Old Today, 02:26 PM   #1837
Power Member

Dec 2008
Lisbon, Portugal

Can I join the party??!

Old Today, 02:29 PM   #1838

Sep 2012
Santa Barbara, California

Quote:
I see you are still on the troll truck slim. Keep up the good work.
Out on the road today, I saw a DEADHEAD sticker on a Cadillac/
A little voice inside my head said, "Don't look back. You can never look back"/
I thought I knew what love was. What did I know?/
Those days are gone forever. I should just let them go but.../
Old Today, 02:42 PM   #1839
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011

I dont love Taxi Driver, but recognize its a great classic film.

I wouldnt call it shitty just to tick off the fans or to be different, but its ok not to be blown away.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America